The Madrid One
TalkingReckless
Forza
19 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Formula 1 Season 2012 - Page 4 Empty Re: Formula 1 Season 2012

Post by Vibe Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Alonso Chaka I was scared there on Q2,he was P12 and there were yellow flags on his last lap because Grosjean spun.They could have easily eliminated him...

I am always confident with Alonso's start cause he always makes progress,but now he's already P1 so there's nothing to gain and much to lose...

Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:55 am

Vibe wrote:Alonso Chaka I was scared there on Q2,he was P12 and there were yellow flags on his last lap because Grosjean spun.They could have easily eliminated him...

I am always confident with Alonso's start cause he always makes progress,but now he's already P1 so there's nothing to gain and much to lose...

yeah in Q2 he also spun and nearly kaput his car. then yea i dont recall but yellow flag was raised when he was doing his lap later on, but he just pulled off the throttle enough not to take advantage in yellow flag.... was marginal but was enough.

yeah .... he is already known for a good starter, being in pole i think he will just pull away from the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:00 am

could be anyone's race.

since it was raining a lot , drivers all wanted to go out all of sudden and put as much lap as possible before it rained more. so most of them has not saved enough tires. that could come to haunt them.

it is forecast to rain the whole race but little bit of mix weather will let us see the drama people gambling from full wet to intermediate. or if the racing line is dry enough who knows, put the hard tires.

would be awesome, silverstone is one of the best race of the calendar

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:23 am

there's been much critcism over the pirelli tires. Tho I think, from an entertainment perspective, we should all hail it!!!!

cheers cheers cheers
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:30 am

I'm hoping for an all-out wet race!

No mixed weather, please. (Ferrari supporter here)

If it's mixed weather conditions then it's anyones race! (YES, even Massa's) rofl rofl

However its constantly wet, then Alonso's got this!!!!!! Chaka Chaka

COME ON FERRARI!!! Thumbs up
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:30 am

I'm hoping for an all-out wet race!

No mixed weather, please. (Ferrari supporter here)

If it's mixed weather conditions then it's anyones race! (YES, even Massa's) rofl rofl

However its constantly wet, then Alonso's got this!!!!!! Chaka Chaka

COME ON FERRARI!!! Thumbs up
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:59 pm

wow, track is bone dry, weather is great!!! if it doesnt rain for those who are at the back mclaren, rosberg of mercedes they could suffer a long race.

and also most or probably all teams had made a wet setup thinking it would be rainy race but boy its bone dry, and track is baking hot. 29 degrees....

alonso might probably win this now he is in perfect position.

also alonso is the only driver so far to have won twice.

hope it rains..

great... silverstone fans today 120,000 expected today great for fans... will be killer race this for sure... cheers

btw very mix tires choice... look for some excitements... softs and hards..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Results: British GP Silverstone 2012

1. Webber Red Bull-Renault 1h25:11.288
2. Alonso Ferrari + 3.060
3. Vettel Red Bull-Renault + 4.836
4. Massa Ferrari + 9.519
5. Raikkonen Lotus-Renault + 10.314
6. Grosjean Lotus-Renault + 17.101
7. Schumacher Mercedes + 29.153
8. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes + 36.400
9. Senna Williams-Renault + 43.300
10. Button McLaren-Mercedes + 44.400

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:43 pm

Tyres were a disgrace...Yellows slower than SILVER tyres :facepalm:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:44 pm

appalling race for Mclaren and Mercedes.... hamilton 8th ... button 10th... schumacher 7th ... rosberg 15th.

terrible ..

great day for red bull ferrari and lotus renault having their both cars in top 6th, hence constructors standing is justified, on how good their cars are.

Last edited by JespSwe on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:48 pm

Vibe wrote:Tyres were a disgrace...Yellows slower than SILVER tyres :facepalm:

whoever started from hard tires it was a mistake thinking they could take advantage of long stint and could hold on with soft.

great thinking by red bull by doing short stint on soft tires and getting that phase out of the way, as well as bringing the car in clear air

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:56 pm

From a strategic point of view Ferarri won this race by a margin.Yellows were never tested this weekend and no one knew how they worked.So in theory,they should have been much faster than silvers.Alonso should have just increased his 5 second lead he had over Webber when he did his last pit.

Unfortunately,tyres failed again...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Messiisaac Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Drivers:
1. Alonso 129
2. Webber 116
3. Vettel 110
4. Hamilton 92
5. Raikkonen 83
6. Rosberg 75
7. Grosjean 61
8. Button 50
9. Perez 39
10. Maldonado 29
11. Di Resta 27
12. Schumacher 23
13. Massa 23
14. Kobayashi 21
15. Senna 18
16. Hulkenburg 17
17. Vergne 4
18. Riccardo 2
Constructors:
1. Red Bull-Renault 216
2. Ferrari 152
3. Lotus-Renault 144
4. Mclaren Mercedes 142
5. Mercedes AMG F1 98
6. Sauber Ferrari F1 60
7. Williams Renault 47
8. Force India Mercedes 44
9. STR Ferrari 6
I think by the end of the season...
1: Webber
2. Alonso
3. Hamilton
4. Grosjean
5. Vettel
6. Massa
7. Raikkonen
8. Button
9. Perez
10. Maldonado
11. Rosberg
12. Senna
13. Schumacer
14. Di Resta eco smile
Messiisaac
Messiisaac
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:03 pm

Webber what a legend Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:51 pm

Crimson wrote:Webber what a legend Very Happy

more like Adrian Newey the legend!!! taking nothing away from Webber great race and his race engineer Ciaron Pilbeam for good strategy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:52 pm

vettel will still win this championship... Cool well whoever drives adrian newey car is very likely to win championship and stack up race victories.... adrian newey with peter prodomou they are just too good and nobody can outthink and out do them in terms of car design and aerodynamics, its amazing that adrian newey still maintains his traditional approach to his designing philosophy, still preferring design on piece of paper rather than computer, and he is probably the only engineer who can picture airflow on his head without having to use CFD and windtunnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:50 am

Newey reveals sneaky tactics

ADRIAN NEWEY has revealed the top secret world of Formula One espionage — complete with double agents and candid photographs.

He has designed EIGHT world championship-winning cars.

And that includes the Red Bulls which have picked up the last two drivers’ and constructors’ championships.

Unsurprisingly, then, his designs are the ones his rivals try to copy — and some teams have gone to extreme lengths to get their hands on the information.

But the engineering genius from Stratford upon Avon, who has also worked for Williams and McLaren, says he takes that as a compliment.

He said: “I suppose it is a form of flattery, but it doesn’t matter to me.

“At the last race in Monaco, the floors of the cars, which are the most sensitive bits, were kept above the garage and had to be passed down.

“The cameramen know that and they are there taking pictures because we cannot cover them. It is all part of the game.

Perhaps the most outrageous example of gamesmanship I came across was when a team planted an engineer at one of my former teams for a year.

“He was a mole and then the other team took him back, and I am even told that during that time he was getting two salaries.

“I think we have had an example of that too at Red Bull, although perhaps that was slightly less clear-cut. It is a bit like double agents.”

Espionage in F1 hit the headlines in 2007 when McLaren were slapped with a $100million fine for their part in the “Spygate” saga with Ferrari.

But despite all this, Newey, 53, hopes F1 rulemakers do not try to clamp down on the copycats.

He added: “I hope that trying to copyright parts never happens. It means if a team comes up with something superior, the rest of the paddock does not have the right to reply, which is part of the sport.”

For now though, he is focused on helping Red Bull retain the constructors’ title.

He added: “There was a relief when Sebastian won in Bahrain. But it is nice for 24 hours and then you are focused on the next one.”

:bow: my all time favourite f1 technical personnel ... genius...

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:27 am

In 3 and a half hours Formula 1 Season 2012 - Page 4 Wanks
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:53 am

yes.....!!!

s...t alonso will win this.. if it is a dry race... Sad

vibe thats naughty emoticon Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:55 am

expecting a pretty much similar scenario in terms of strategy...

put in soft first and get rid of that phase, and going with hard hard... so 2 stop strategy.. i guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:59 am

Vettel behind Alonso frightens me,although Red Bull seemed to be lacking in pace at the little time of dry practice.Wet circuit probably suits Alonso better as well,but this is F1 anything can happen...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:04 am

Vibe wrote:Vettel behind Alonso frightens me,although Red Bull seemed to be lacking in pace at the little time of dry practice.Wet circuit probably suits Alonso better as well,but this is F1 anything can happen...

yeah i think so too. i think ferrari seems to have done pretty well with their both qualy and race pace being very impressive.
red bull is obviously very fast in corners not good in straight line however there was some paddock rumour that , remember, in free practice lotus were trying their own interpretation of so called- double DRS and red bull is thought to bring their own by next race or within 2-3 races.

my feeling is that in wet alonso is not that good because i heard him complaining of aquaplaning a lot in team radio but the car is incredibly balanced also in wet.

but in dry , if alonso get free air then he will probably win this again. vettel knows well that he cant allow alonso to raise championship points anymore..

well i think its going to be dry race... is the forecast rain???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:04 am

no it seems dry.... dry race...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:06 am

looking at yesterday free practice the lotus interpretation of their double DRS im no expert but i m quite impressed that it looks so not complicated but straightforward design yet feels like it would be more effective DRS than that of Mercedes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:08 am

Red Bull's engine maps referred to German Grand Prix stewards by FIA
source: autosport

The FIA has referred Red Bull to the stewards of the German Grand Prix for a suspected breach of Formula 1's technical regulations.

A statement released by FIA Formula 1 technical delegate Jo Bauer said that the matter related to the engine torque maps on both Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber's cars.

The FIA highlighted that the reduced torque in the mid rpm range on both cars was a breach of the regulations in itself, but also because it could offer an illegal aerodynamic benefit as well.

This suggests that the FIA suspects that there could be a benefit related to the exhaust blown diffuser technology that was effectively curbed at the start of the season through a package of regulations that included those covering engine mapping.

"Having examined the engine base torque map of car numbers 01 and 02 it became apparent that the maximum torque output of both engines is significantly less in the mid rpm range than previously seen at other events," said Bauer in the statement.

"In my opinion this is therefore in breach of article 5.5.3 of the 2012 Formula 1 technical regulations as the engines are able to deliver more torque at a given engine speed in the mid rpm range.

"Furthermore this new torque map will artificially alter the aerodynamic characteristics of both cars which is also in contravention of TD 036-11. I am referring this matter to the stewards."

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner told AUTOSPORT: "I'm not aware of any irregularities. The result was declared after qualifying."

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:08 am

Kimi did set one amazing timed lap on primes,half a second quicker than everyone on option.Grosjean didn't seem to use the new system...

Although about that lap I was sure I saw Kimi on option,but the graphics and the commentary said prime tyre.

Edit: So the Red Bulls could be sent to the back of the grid? Shocked If that's the case and Alonso bags a win,title is pretty much in his hands.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next