no one is giving 25 for Pedro

billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Pedro Rodriguez - Page 8 Empty Re: Pedro Rodriguez

Post by Donuts Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:13 pm

PSG might who knows.
they are the ones who bought david luiz for 50m..
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:16 pm

I know everyone sees PSG as some guilable team who will waste money.

But other than Luiz, who have they signed which was a huge money mistake?

People may feel Marquinhos, but he is looking better and better. I think he is a real player many would be lucky to have.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:18 pm

i don't think 25m for pedro is a wasting dumb money especially in todays budget.
pedro isn't too bad in a 4-4-2 system he'd be fit in well.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:20 pm

I dont think that is a signing they should make. Especially if they about to give away Lavezzi (probably for less), at best thats a sideways move at a loss of money...at worst, and my opinion...I would probably rather have Lavezzi, so its a slight backwards move at a loss of money.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:22 pm

Marquinhos, considering his age and his showings with Roma was nothing like Pedro when they bought him.
And IIRC it was for 35m. Nothing that suggests that they will spend anywhere around 25 for Pedro.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:24 pm

your mistaking what i say.
I just simply wouldn't sell him for less then 25m.
i think that's what he is worth to us considering our situation with transfer ban

usually when a team wants a player, especially one who just signed a contract they will typically pay a little more than a player who wants to leave.

idk what lavezzi's situation is but i heard he had some problems with management? maybe that's why they rather get rid of him and get someone like pedro
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:53 pm

French club Paris Saint-Germain are willing to pay 25M for Barcelona winger Pedro (27). [sport]

banana banana banana

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:13 pm

If Pedro leaves we'll only have MSN up front. hmm

Sandro and Munir don't sound too serious. Neutral
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:46 am

They did fine when Suarez wasnt there the first half of the season.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:53 am

I cant believe anyone paying that much...will happily accept it. dont think munir is good enough. but we have vidal now. it should not be much problem...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:01 am

neuro11 wrote:I cant believe anyone paying that much...will happily accept it. dont think munir is good enough. but we have vidal now. it should not be much problem...
Vidal won't be there for the first 4 months.

I know Sandro and Munir did well but having ONLY them as subs is quite risky.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:03 am

Why is it? It wasnt risky last season?

In Jan Suarez came, next Jan another forward will come. I dont see the different except Suarez is infinitely better than Pedro.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:25 am

Just saying.

Maybe you are right. They really did a decent job last season. But still it can be worrying. I wish we kept Deulofeu but he will leave most probably.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:04 pm

I think we should let Pedro go he is a damn good player to warm the bench want him to have very successful career and its gonna be hard at barca due to msn maybe Rolling Eyes milan can sign him tbh

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:09 pm

Reports that his new buyout fee is € 30M. Everything points to the club wanting to get rid. Guy is faking to want out to get playing time elsewhere though.

Pedro: "I've always said that it's my dream to triumph at Barça for many years. We'll talk with the club and find best solution for both."

Pedro: "I have offers? Can't say anything. I'm just happy with the renewal."

What "solution" does he expect which will satisfy his dream of "triumping at Barca"? Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:10 pm

We should send him to the B team, so he could triumph and return them back to Segunda. There I found a solution.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:46 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:We should send him to the B team, so he could triumph and return them back to Segunda. There I found a solution.

Genius! Here, you've won a cookie. cheers
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:49 pm

Mou is willing to pay this legend's release clause which dropped from 150 to 30 million euros. Talks after elections

Pedro Rodriguez - Page 8 CJqvhQEUEAEoC7U
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:54 pm

Wondered why he wasn't linked to them earlier tbh. He is the perfect donkeyworker for Chelsea's right wing.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:31 am

English club Chelsea are willing to pay the 30M buyout fee of Barcelona winger Pedro (27). They plan to do it after the elections. [sport]

Pedro (27) has decided to join Chelsea, who will pay his 30M buyout fee. Had earlier rejected offers from Arsenal, Liverpool, PSG. [sport]

€ 30M. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:49 am

It's funny, for some reason I kept feeling Pedro was older, 29, 30.
27 is really not old.

I should know better, but with many Barca players it's hard to reconcile their real age with their 'felt' age because of how early and intense they peaked under Pep, and how after Pep one got the impression they were over it, and connected that impression instinctively with age when it's not connected to age really.

Busquets is still young. Pique is still young. Messi is still kind of young lol. Since mid last season, they seem to have realligned their biological age with their mental age, too, if you that makes sense.

Point is, Pedro wasn't always as bad as he seems to be now according to the impressions I read here.
In fact, I always thought he was a pretty fantastic 12th/13th player back then. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's actually not that absurd a player like that, at age 27, would be worth 30m €. He should be worth much more than that, especially for English clubs, if you think that's less than what Liverpool payed for a player like Lallana, who, while certainly not bad at all, neither has the stature, experience and in the end quality of Pedro.
Pedro's quality must be somewhere in there, no?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:54 am

The Arda move makes more sense now. 30M for Pedrito is fair, though I think we could squeeze even more. I hope receives a proper send off.

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:57 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

It's actually not that absurd a player like that, at age 27, would be worth 30m €. He should be worth much more than that, especially for English clubs, if you think that's less than what Liverpool payed for a player like Lallana, who, while certainly not bad at all, neither has the stature, experience and in the end quality of Pedro.
Pedro's quality must be somewhere in there, no?

If we compare with the fees in England then no, it isn't crazy. But then again Lallana, Mata, Sterling etc. aren't worth their price tags either.

Frankly, Pedro only ever had like 1 1/2 good seasons in total. 09/10 and 10/11. Why do I say 1 1/2 and not 2? Because even in 10/11, which was easily his best season, he only ever had a great spell of form between November and February. He scored 13 goals that season of which 12 were scored between 07.11.2010 - 29.01.2011. In the same time frame he recorded 5 out of his total 8 assists. Considering the Xmas break that's 2 months of great form. The other 5 1/2 months of the season he scored 1 goal and had 3 assists. That's horrible and a Pedro who doesn't score or assist is a useless player. He's no Hazard or Ribery who dribble, destabilize defenses and create chances without scoring.

The reason why he wasn't criticized back then whereas he would be lynched if he performed the exact same way now is easy to explain. His actual level was unknown. He was young and just breaking through. When you have a young academy lad breaking through and scoring some big goals against Madrid and perform the way he did in the aforementioned 2 months (which coincided with Barca playing the best football I've ever seen, culminating in the 5-0 over Mehdrid) then the players has gained enough leeaway to be anonymous for 5 1/2 months. The moment he popped up with the goal against United in the CL final none of that mattered anymore. He was king again and 10/11 is remembered as a great season for Pedro where he scored against Madrid in the league, in the CL and in the CL final against United. The 5 1/2 months of anonymity, the suckage against Arsenal in the CL, the suckage against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu in the CL where Afellay came on and did what Pedro couldn't do the entire night - dribble past Marcelo and put a decent cross in - all forgotten.

After 10/11 it went completely downhim for him. In 11/12 the intention was to play with Alexis and Pedro on the wings, especially after Villa broke his leg. It didn't take long however for Pep to trust the likes of Tello in a title decider against Madrid and Cuenca in a CL final deciding game against Chelsea over Pedro who was left on the bench because he sucked so much. With Neymar and Suarez that hilarious Chelsea game with 300 missed chances never happens.

At this point it should have already been clear that Barcelona needed at least another lethal forward to play alongside Messi. But guess what Barca does after 11/12? NOTHING. The club thinks they can get Pedro back to his "best". So enter the horror show that was 12/13 where Messi probably scored 95 % of Barca's goals. Between the start of the season and the beginning of the Xmas break, Pedro scored a total of 1 goal. Laughing

NOW people at Barca are smelling the bullshit and the Nerman deal is accelerated (he was initially supposed to come 1 year later). Pedro is where he belongs (on the bench) and Neymar and Alexis are flanking Messi which is acceptable. Unfortunately Messi and Neymar rarely stay injury-free and Tata proves to be a dud who benches Alexis to play his weird 4 midfield formation with Scrubregas.

Finally in 14/15 everything is coming together. Messi and Neymar stay injury-free, on top of that Suarez is bought, on top of that a proper coach is appointed. Result: Barca settles every single CL knockout tie in just 1 leg. Laughing

So as you can see: Pedro is nostalgia. Funnily enough, the longer he doesn't get into the starting XI, the more the love for him grows and ppl don't want him to leave all of a sudden. Because, as always with nostalgia, his suckage (which outweighs the good things he did by FAR) is forgotten and the couple of goals against Madrid and Manchester United is all that is remembered. I will be over the moon with € 30M for a player who adds exactly 0 to the team.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:13 pm

makes sense. thnks for the context.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:00 pm

Fußball wrote:English club Chelsea are willing to pay the 30M buyout fee of Barcelona winger Pedro (27). They plan to do it after the elections. [sport]

Pedro (27) has decided to join Chelsea, who will pay his 30M buyout fee. Had earlier rejected offers from Arsenal, Liverpool, PSG. [sport]

€ 30M. :bow:

You won't get €30M from us, we paid that amount for Cesc and he was much more demanded and higher profile player.

More like 20m if you ask me. We are quite stingy now days due to FFP.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next