free_cat
billy_gr
BarcaKizz
37 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Pedro Rodriguez - Page 5 Empty Re: Pedro Rodriguez

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:20 am

I dont want to break down his game and end up being critical after a superb performance.

Lets just move on, others can say as they wish, I wont speak for anyone by saying other think he isnt a great player. That's just my opinion.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:40 am

Pedro was awesome today! The best performance I've seen from him in a long time...one of his best ever.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:30 am

The Franchise wrote:Nah, people arent/werent/wont be complaining just because of a perceived lack of goals. Its the same criticism as always with him, if he doesnt score he doesnt contribute to the game in an attacking sense. And its not an inaccurate one.

And im sorry I cant agree, today's performance or not, he isnt a great player. He's a good player.

I think that saying "when he doesnt score he doesn't contribute in attack" is narrow minded. Pedro is not a great dribler, but I think that's the only thing in which he doesn't contribute in attack. His passing is very good and he is one of the best one-twoer to Messi together with Alves. His crossing is ok and his off the ball movement is very good, except last season where he was limited to the wing for some reason. And finally, and most importantly, scoring is the most important thing in the game and Pedro has proved to be a deadly finisher. He is basically a wing based striker.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:04 am

Well possibly, but I think your talking about his actual skills and not what he actually does.

He is very two footed, but what use is it?

For example, his crossing, I rarely see it because he isnt able to create some space to put in a cross.

But not only that, he is too negative in his play. Someone (maybe BC, I dont remember) suggested something like when he receives the ball, 9 times out of 10 he fails to or doesnt try to take on his man (often in a 1 v 1) and then passes it backwards or square. I dont find that too far from the truth.

So however good he is at passing, its nearly always passes to maintain possession and not a final pass.

His movement was great, but hardly seen anymore. Not compared to even Alexis in my opinion.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:11 am

Pile of hatered in my opinion.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:15 am

Alright then lol

I didnt say anything which hasnt been said before by someone else, why does all these people hate him?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:19 am

The Franchise wrote:Alright then lol

I didnt say anything which hasnt been said before by someone else, why does all these people hate him?

In my opinion only because he isn't flashy and doesn't drible much.

I disagree that he doesn't pass or cross or shot with both legs as you said in your last post.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:24 am

Then why do many people love guys like Muller who are very similar in that they dont dribble much or have anything flashy about them?

It seems like he is very well respected and liked, by neutrals and fans...whereas, even Barca fans, really dont like Pedro.

I didnt say he doesnt shoot with both feet btw. And I also didnt say he doesnt cross or pass with both feet, that emphasis is on the ability to actually do something telling, not his ability to do it with either foot.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:43 am

The Franchise wrote:Then why do many people love guys like Muller who are very similar in that they dont dribble much or have anything flashy about them?

It seems like he is very well respected and liked, by neutrals and fans...whereas, even Barca fans, really dont like Pedro.

I didnt say he doesnt shoot with both feet btw. And I also didnt say he doesnt cross or pass with both feet, that emphasis is on the ability to actually do something telling, not his ability to do it with either foot.

I don't know why people who like Muller don't like Pedro, that's a good question you should be doing to people like yourself. That's actually a good point because they are similar and Muller only has on Pedro heading ability and phyisique IMO.

I meant that he can do both, not only with both feet, but he can do "telling" stuff. And he usually does, maybe he should try more, but then again we don't need 11 creators in the pitch and when we have better players at doing those, I think it's wise for him to restrict himself.
Anyway, the goals he scored yesterday, 2 of them were very difficult to score and not a lot of players in the world would have scored them IMO, and with his weak foot (or not, I don't know which one is his weak foot to be honest).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:44 pm

Praise to Pedro.....for saving through hatrick , possibly fourth ( the first goal was correct(No?) that ruled out for offside....)
I was one of those that thought he had been under performing for last 2 seasons....i hope he continues like this...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Yeah no.Heading and physique arent the only things Muller has on Pedro.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:31 pm

free_cat wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Then why do many people love guys like Muller who are very similar in that they dont dribble much or have anything flashy about them?

I don't know why people who like Muller don't like Pedro, that's a good question you should be doing to people like yourself. That's actually a good point because they are similar and Muller only has on Pedro heading ability and phyisique IMO.

I meant that he can do both, not only with both feet, but he can do "telling" stuff. And he usually does, maybe he should try more, but then again we don't need 11 creators in the pitch and when we have better players at doing those, I think it's wise for him to restrict himself.
Anyway, the goals he scored yesterday, 2 of them were very difficult to score and not a lot of players in the world would have scored them IMO, and with his weak foot (or not, I don't know which one is his weak foot to be honest).

Well not exactly, because im not a huge fan of either player. Though I do notice that Muller is definitely better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:11 pm

can you please explain why Muller is better than Pedro?

Its pure hatred, for some reason rivals/neutral fans think of Pedro as a diver because he dived once in a clasico Laughing

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:30 am

Pedro is not a diver. Sure he dives sometimes, but not more than 80% of the people playing this awesome sport.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:06 pm

14 different players have scored for Barcelona in all official competitions this season #fcblive Table: pic.twitter.com/7pYlrAhHRs

Pedro Rodriguez - Page 5 Bchvl8PCQAAXETB
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:11 pm

Pedro put up a good shift today.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:38 pm

Very good overall performance from Pedro!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:26 am

The player that "does nothing if he doesn't score" had another fantastic game where again he was the best forward in the best national team in the world. He scored a goal, but this was the least impressive thing he did, as he dribbled, created chances, shot from different positions and was a threat.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:31 am

Does anyone really care what he does for Spain, what he does for us is all that matters.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:15 pm

He's bossing with us either, so we should be happy. But what I wanted to point out is that Pedro has more in him than sometimes he shows for us, because for us he restricts his game to keeping it more simple as we have Messi, Neymar, Iniesta, Xavi... while in Spain him and Iniesta have to take more of the burden. Same thing can happen to every player we sign, and it happens to Neymar also. So although I would never say no to signing a TOP Pedro replacement such as Suarez, Reus or Draxler, I don't think they would dramatically improve on Pedro's performance because of this reason.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:55 pm

He is playing very well for us, im just saying.

I also agree with you mostly.

I think if we are looking at a forward, it has to be a predator type 9 who is alright playing limited games.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:03 am

Pedrito is one goal away from his 100th official goal at senior level [currently: Barcelona 85, Spain 14].

Another great performance last night vs Italy.
Very good season so far!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:50 pm

He confuses me so much. I can't figure out what it is that he does on the pitch anymore. He doesn't dribble past players, he doesn't bring others into play. He is good at retaining the ball and doing one-twos and playing wall passes and tapping in goals that are served on a platter for him once in a bluemoon. His bench role spot should go to a youngster like Deulofeu or Adama.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:22 pm

He is basically Hleb now.

Difference is Hleb was allowed to be Hleb for 20 games, Pedro going on 100 games like this.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:58 am

The same Hleb that scored a grand total of 0 goals with us and a brutal 32 goals in 400 games in his entire career?

I completely disagree, Pedro is in a much better form than his last two seasons and a fantastic rotation player to have in hand.

And with very limited time he has already scored 9 goals this season and he is just 4 goals away of becoming a true legend at the club scoring his 100th goal, and surpassing Ronaldinho as goalscorer. A true legend.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:45 am

Welcome back. cheers

Here is your welcome gift.

Spoiler:

futbol