Raptorgunner
The Franchise
Adit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

This is What Football is About - Page 2 Empty Re: This is What Football is About

Post by Adit Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:12 pm

What makes you thing like that? Level of football is better ? lol

or just because premfaces says so?

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

This is What Football is About - Page 2 Empty Re: This is What Football is About

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Hey, the FA cup is great to win for lower teams..I think everyone can admit that. Same for the Copa for La Liga lower teams.

But if Madrid or Barca win the Copa and the Copa alone, they wont be happy.

And while the FA cup seems alot more respected in England, if Man Utd fans win only that, they wont be happy either.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:Hey, the FA cup is great to win for lower teams..I think everyone can admit that. Same for the Copa for La Liga lower teams.

And while the FA cup seems alot more respected in England, if Man Utd fans win only that, they wont be happy either.

I personally would tbh, it's better than seeing the club without a trophy. Even if they didn't win a trophy, it's all good.

I am sure Arsenal fans would have loved for their team to win the CC last season, even if it was the only trophy they won.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Wait, you would be happy if Man Utd lost the league, lost the CL and won the FA cup? I am surprised and I then take back what I said.

Other fans of Man Utd I have spoken too speak differently, but fair enough.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Football is about being relegated and supporting your team through thick and thin and travelling up to Newcastle from London when we play Doncaster Rovers :coffee:

Spoiler:

Getting relegated re-ignited my passion for football, how many of you can say that ?

FA Cup has great f*ckin tradition in england its not a mickey mouse cup ffs Laughing

Or it's about waiting patiently until some team get rich and you just slide on the bandwagon
Spoiler:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Adit wrote:In spain EVERY Kid dreams of going to .....and recieve trophy from the hands of KING of spain..And yeah,All teams does take it seriously and small teams indeed fight better in cups..

But its still a micky mouse cup,so is FA cup lol at least for big clubs any way.

City won FA cup last year,no body portrayed that as a huge successful season lmao

Well you're a Real Madrid fan so naturally you can never get any real pleasure from winning because you don't know any other way.

As a City fan I can assure you last season was a huge deal seeing as I'd never seen them win anything.

Perhaps you would get it if Madrid didn't win anything from today until 2047.
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:Wait, you would be happy if Man Utd lost the league, lost the CL and won the FA cup? I am surprised and I then take back what I said.

Other fans of Man Utd I have spoken too speak differently, but fair enough.

The season wouldn't be deemed as a huge failure, and the FA Cup is a trophy I rate. So in that sense, I would be happy.

i understand why you made that point though, A lot of United fans don't give a shet about the domestic cups.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:53 pm

RED 80s. wrote:
But my main gripe is when LFC fans in the past dismissed it as a Mickey mouse cup when we won it 2 years ago, same with United fans taking the piss out of LFC yesterday on forums and blogs. The hypocrisy is hilarious.

Not from this forum, im pretty sure.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Adit wrote:In spain EVERY Kid dreams of going to .....and recieve trophy from the hands of KING of spain..And yeah,All teams does take it seriously and small teams indeed fight better in cups..

But its still a micky mouse cup,so is FA cup lol at least for big clubs any way.

City won FA cup last year,no body portrayed that as a huge successful season lmao
Really...? Man City winning the FA Cup was huge. As chemicalboy99 said, it was their first trophy in a long time. After investing so much in the club, it was a huge relief to see them begin to reap the benefits. Moreover, they weren't playing "Micky Mouse" competition to get there. They knocked out Manchester United in the semi-final to even play for the cup ffs. That was no "friendly" cup-tie. Teams are running out quality squads in the cup competitions. They're obviously taking them seriously. Moreover, success tends to lead to more success. Man City have used the FA Cup success as a springboard to compete for the League Title this season.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Why do people keep saying Fa Cup is a mickey mouse trophy???? its NOT ffs, CC might be but not Fa Cup
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:18 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Why do people keep saying Fa Cup is a mickey mouse trophy???? its NOT ffs, CC might be but not Fa Cup

If my team is not winning its a mickey mouse cup. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:30 pm

lol, what about the League??? Winnhie the Puh??? Twisted Evil
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:15 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Why do people keep saying Fa Cup is a mickey mouse trophy???? its NOT ffs, CC might be but not Fa Cup

If my team is not winning its a mickey mouse cup. Very Happy
cheers Finally, someone admits the truth!
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:42 pm

for me cl

league

fa cup / copa del rey/ coppa italia

carling cup
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:49 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:

Well you're a Real Madrid fan so naturally you can never get any real pleasure from winning because you don't know any other way.

As a City fan I can assure you last season was a huge deal seeing as I'd never seen them win anything.

that works both ways, i'd much rather have my team qualify for cl than win the copa, city fans didn't have to worry about prioritizing between competitions

and as far as cup wins go, we won the copa in 08 and that season was still a *bleep* disaster so yeah, league position >>> mickey mouse cups

on a side note, what exactly is the difference between fa cup and carling cup apart from one being around longer? same competition, same system, none of the big teams takes it seriously until the semis/until they meet each other so i really don't see the big deal...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:55 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:

Its because the level of difference between the clubs.

Mancity were a small team untill now and some thing is better than nothing for them.

Will Mancity boses be happy if Mancini win 5 FA cups in 7 years and nothing else? I bet he will get sacked.

Can AVB save his jib with 1 FA cup in 3 years? I bet he can if it was a league or CL.

As i said,its a good trophy for small clubs but fit big clubs its a Micky mouse cup and frankly its not worth that much.

I would rather win 1 league than 20 FA cup lol

Last edited by Adit on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:55 pm

che wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:

that works both ways, i'd much rather have my team qualify for cl than win the copa, city fans didn't have to worry about prioritizing between competitions

and as far as cup wins go, we won the copa in 08 and that season was still a *bleep* disaster so yeah, league position >>> mickey mouse cups

on a side note, what exactly is the difference between fa cup and carling cup apart from one being around longer? same competition, same system, none of the big teams takes it seriously until the semis/until they meet each other so i really don't see the big deal...

Although the League Cup is one of the three major domestic trophies attainable by English league teams, it is perceived by some larger clubs as a lower priority than the league championship and the FA Cup. This is largely down to the fact that the winners receive £100,000 prize money (awarded by the Football League) with the runners up receiving £50,000. This makes the competition seem relatively worthless in the eyes of many top flight teams, compared to the £2 million prize money of the FA Cup. Some clubs have made a point of fielding a weaker side in the competition, making the opportunity for giant-killing of the larger clubs more likely. Many of the top English sides, Arsenal and Manchester United in particular, have used the competition to give young players valuable big-game experience
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:57 pm

i'm sure man utd or liverpool are desperate for 2 mil in prize money

they probably have to pay up more than that in bonuses if they win Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:46 pm

The Franchise wrote:The Copa is a mickymouse trophy, if thats all the team can manage its nothing special..unless your Sociedad or something.

Yeah, its good to have, but so is a pizza...big woop.

And I dont agree football is about titles. Its part of it for sure, its the reason you play and when you win something good its a great feeling.

But football is also about lots of other things, entertaining your fans being a big one.

For many clubs, they just dont have the chance to win titles, so try telling say the Hurcules players when they beat Barca 2-0 that football is about titles.

Its also not true football only remembers winners, thats very false.

Hey, the FA cup is great to win for lower teams..I think everyone can admit that. Same for the Copa for La Liga lower teams.

Considering how many Copa tropies Barca won, compared to their la liga them, does that make them Walt Disney, or a "small" team?
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:51 pm

Yes...we have never won La Liga or the CL before...so yes, we are a small team.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:57 pm

Nottingham Forest also won the CL and League...anyway, I was only going by your logic, I never said Barca were a small team.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:00 pm

No, its not going by my logic.

Regarding my post

This is What Football is About - Page 2 5cdde-missingthepoint

Forest have won 1 league and 2 European cups I believe....how many leagues and CL have Barca won? Have Barca ever been relegated?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:13 pm

if some of these cups are 'mickey mouse' cups, dont ever brag about a club winning a (domestic) treble
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:32 pm

Some of you guys are spoiled with trophies especially barca and Madrid fans. My team I want them to win the league every season that is the main goal. Nothing beats wisla winning the league and then celebrate the victory in Krakow city center with thousands of fans! To us that is like the big teams winning the league. It is an amazing feeling. So winning a trophy is a great feeling for a fan. Like franchise said it is not the most important thing always. Wisla for example will never win the cl LOL. My dream and celebration will be when they make the group stages. We have never done that yet and it would feel like for some of you winning the competition. Same goes for the Europa league when couple years ago we made a deep run in the cup. That was an amazing feeling reaching heights that weren't expected of us. So basically if you support a small team you might or might not win trophies but there are other things that make you a happy fan. So please don't dismiss any trophies as Mickey mouse cups!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:59 pm

Schweini wrote:I am sure if we ask The 2 Sunderland fans here that, would you take a 6-0 Smashing at Sports Direct Arena next week, if it means you're 100% guaranteed to beat Everton in FA Cup and reach Semis ?

I am sure both will say Yes, if they had to pick one.

To get into the final yes, semis no.
FA cup is far more prestigious than the Carling cup. It just doesn't have the same romance to it.

Carling cup needs to be revamped in my opinion. I would make it a u21 competition maybe, or even a united kingdom comp. Invite some teams from Scotland, Ireland & Wales. Or even make it a modern incarnation of the anglo-Italian cup. different years they could invite some foreign teams from different countries to compete.

Just something to re ignite interest.

I think the FA cup probably doesn't matter as much to glory fans because they are so used to winning it. Take it for granted kind of. Where as for more general fans of average clubs it holds much more significance.

Its an experience in its self going to Wembley for a final. Its hard to explain to people who dont support the team where they live. There is an aura about it and change in atmosphere which you dont experience watching it 100s of miles away on tv.

Like on a normal sat you can go into Sunderland and there will still be weekend shoppers about. But if we were playing in a final the place would be desolate with people who dont normally take a interest in football watching the game.

I can just remember when we played in the final against Liverpool during the 90s. Every where was decorated in red & white banners etc. People waving convoys of coaches off full of people who were lucky enough to have a ticket.

I dont think the semis should be held at Wembley though. That kind of detracts from the prestige of the final. They should go back to using neutral grounds like back in the day.

I think wisla summed it up saying some fans are spoiled. A cup isn't an achievement to fans of many teams, it is expected.

Im sure if you win the Carling cup your opinion is changed and its an amazing experience. Degrading it in the past is soon forgotten. If my team was to win it I would be more chuffed with the European place that comes with it than actually winning it.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum