His hair is ridiculous now though. Why did he dye it Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Dani Alves : Right Boss - Page 5 Empty Re: Dani Alves : Right Boss

Post by Donuts Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:56 pm

it is a tradition for victory I forget where it originated, you see it a lot in USA for wrestlers or MMA fighters.
He said on his twitter he went blond after the comeback at Camp Nou vs Milan
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:59 pm

he said it was a bet he made about barca making a comeback
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:18 am

Alves, such an immense player. And showed again his importance and class for Barca Smile

Apart from this fashion sense is always interesting and fun to see Very Happy I actually like his new hair, just his style, always flamboyant and a bit crazy Laughing
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:11 am

What surprised me was that wasn't Iniesta the one who took the "relay" from Messi when he was subbed off, but Alves. Best RB in the world by quite a margin. Brazil is lucky to have the best fullbacks in the world.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:22 pm

Dani Alves : Right Boss - Page 5 Messi%20Goal%20PSG

Dani Alves : Right Boss - Page 5 22

Dani Alves : Right Boss - Page 5 Alves%20assist%20Deportivo

Why you no cross with outside foot every time? Razz
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon May 06, 2013 9:24 am

Dani Alves is really smart. Another quote from him that I am impressed with. The thought came to me as well but he has put it really well. BTW he celebrates his 30th birthday. So the very best wishes for him.

Alves: "Mourinho says Barça is best team of last 30 years? Nice to be praised by a smart person like him. He values us to value himself."

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon May 06, 2013 9:31 am

Something that impressed me most about Alves this season is the amount of pride he has for playing for Barca.

He truly is a cule.

Not that I ever questioned his commitment, but even Eto'o who gave his all for us said a few times that Barca was still just the club he played for and he still was a Mallorca fan deep down.

Always thought Alves would be the kind of guy that would leave when the hard times started and search somewhere else for greener pastures, but I've realised he really cares about this club.

Respect.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon May 06, 2013 12:48 pm

Well said kizz. Alves was one of the most if not the most outspoken member of the team during the difficult times this year. Some of the quotes he gave to the media I thought were very commendable.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 pm

Dani Alves : Right Boss - Page 5 CCrR8elOBZ
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:05 pm

About Abidal: "It was a very unpleasant surprise because of the effort he had made. It annoyed me personally because I liked him a lot. If Barca is more than a club it's because of these things, because of the support they provided when he was recovering, but losing him leaves me with a bittersweet taste."

About Thiago: "I think Thiago perhaps was a little rash, but I like his attitude because the worst thing is to get comfortable. Xavi and Iniesta started shining at 26 or 27 years old. He wanted more than that and has had the bravery to not get comfortable."

About Cesc: "Cesc's case is different. He left the club, he made a name for himself and he came back. He was not at his finest level at the end of the last season, but none of us were. Football is a collective sport and no one deserves individual blame. If he wants to continue, I'll gladly have him as a teammate. The dressing room respects him immensely."

About Neymar: "Neymar is training like everyone else. Every day he is in better shape. He was missing some vitamins and the doctors were worrying about him recovering them. When the real season starts, he will be like the rest of us. He has just arrived, I'm integrating him to the group and presenting him to the different people, because the objective is for him to be comfortable. The long trips with the team such as this one will help him to get to know his teammates better."

About LioNer: "People are very worried about whether they will click or not. They're two great persons! Nerman has already said it. He is here to learn. He came from a team where he was a leader, but he's here to learn. In the end we all have the same objectives. If you can't achieve the collective awards, you can't achieve the individual ones. What the fans should be worried about is if the team is well."

About Messi: "The guy has four Balon D'Ors. And it's important that he knew how to wait for his time as he did when Ronnie was around. He has earned the right to carry the 10 through hard work, goals and titles."

About the team: "What happened last year has reminded us that if we don't go into the pitch with everything we will not achieve our objectives. We have to recover the form of competing, the way we made the world fall in love with us. We have to be on top condition because otherwise they run you over, like in the semifinal against Bayern. That must be a lesson to us."

About his injuries: "I stopped doing things to prevent injuries that I used to do and in the end I paid for it. The injuries I had were not normal. You learn from all experiences and I'm sure this will not happen again because I know what my body needs to perform at the maximum level."

About the pre-season: "We are working very well. We will be able to go into the pitch with a lot more energy than in other occasions. I think we will arrive at the season very well because we are taking it very seriously. A demonstration was the friendly of the Gamper. The first part was of a very high level, of high intensity and we managed well."

About Martino: "When we started working we started noticing the new things that we associate with him. He has brought with him a great enthusiasm. Maybe that will give us the extra energy we need to tackle the small problems that we have had lately."

About the trip: "We had to do the Peace tour, especially if we can bring a little bit of help to Palestine and Israel. It doesn't take us any special effort to chip in that small help. The only problem are the long trips but these are the experiences that shape your life. It's something football gives you."

The people's champion Proud

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:06 pm

Brutally honest. I love this guy.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:19 pm

It worries me that the only thing that players have praised so far about Martino is his enthusiasm and optimism. I want to hear things like "the quality of his training sessions has left us very impressed" or "the level of preparation before matches is excellent".
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:26 pm

Also true.

But I guess, when you ask them about "their 1st impressions" the first thing might be his personality..thats quite normal.

Perhaps its simply the question being asked.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:15 am

Alves admitting beige unprofessional at the beginning of the season as I pointed out...
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:20 am

I don't see him being unprofessional, just not being a sheep which is good.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:11 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
About his injuries: "I stopped doing things to prevent injuries that I used to do and in the end I paid for it. The injuries I had were not normal. You learn from all experiences and I'm sure this will not happen again because I know what my body needs to perform at the maximum level."

There, admits being unprofessional and not taking care of his body as he used to.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:06 am

But what is he talking about?

It could something as simple as diet and it doesnt have to be intentional. Need more info.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:08 am

Dani Alves is atleast telling the public what he actually thinks, I think this whole summer the team has been acting like everything is okay and working well when that isn't the truth.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:46 pm

What do u all think he meant when he talked about his injury and the things he no longer does in order to prevent making old injuries again?

Alves :bow: 
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:07 pm

MD: How many years have you been winning at least one title?
DA: Sometimes more, yes.

MD: But in a row…
DA: Well, from 2006 to 208 with Sevilla and then at Barca

MD: In total 20 titles, including 2 Champions, 4 Leagues, 2 UEFA cups, 2 Club World Cups, 3 Supercups of Europe 4 of Spain, and that’s without mentioning the Confederations Cup and the Copa America.
DA: In the eleven or twelve years of professional career the balance is positive. Hopefully it will stay the same, winning, until the end of my career.

MD: When you have already achieved so much, why do you keep running after the ball as if you were possessed?
DA: Our biggest vice is winning. What happens when you win more? That losing hurts even more. Then there is the demand of a club like Barca, it’s not enough to compete well, you must lift titles. This is normal in life, you remember the winner, not the second placed. In the future I want to sit with my sons and be an example to them; someone who started as nothing and got very far. Just this last point, being able to be a reference to them, is enough motivation for me.

MD: The spirit of this Barca…
DA: When you get together a group such as ours, that focuses on football so professionally, knowing that each day you must get up so your boss will be content with your work and that there is such a level of competitiveness that if you let your level slip just a little bit you are out, what you have is a daily competition for the first eleven.

MD: You don’t consider yourself a starter?
DA: No, of course not. First because of my respect towards my teammates, regardless of their name. In life you have to respect always. As of the moment I believe myself a starter I am disrespecting them and I want to be an example to them. I want them to look at me and know that they have a competitor in me, a super professional that will work to do the best he can for the team.

MD: Does the jersey influence you?
DA: I’ve always worked very hard for all the colors I’ve represented. Of course playing for these reminds you of the dream we keep living, playing for this Barca, when we retire. Even though I still have a long way to go, if tomorrow I have to leave it all I’ll leave it as an accomplished man. I’ve accomplished all I wanted at club level. At the national team level, no, but I have another chance. Football will give the next World Cup if God wants it.

MD: It seemed that it was going to be a tranquil summer. And it wasn’t.
DA: It hurts us a lot to lose people along the way because they are good people, professionals and of a great human quality. It leaves a sour taste but in this profession you have to keep going ahead for the club. Otherwise, you are left along the way.
MD: What is your valuation of Tito Vilanova?
DA: He has been a great coach who we’ve had for five years, and I’m not saying that because he is going through a sickness. When he was second in command he had a very important weight. It’s not the case that those that are on the front are always the most important. I think he has made the right decision; life always comes before your profession. Without health you cannot go on. I leave it on God’s hands.

MD: With Tata things are different.
DA: A new philosophy and concepts I subscribe to because we have lost them. We are working to recover them. And I can assure you that if we manage to assimilate all that he proposes us we will have a very good year.

MD: Does it affect your game? It seems you are going forward less.
DA: No, it doesn’t affect me. A great team has to play in relation to its footballers. We win other concepts that are worthy without losing the ones we already had, we simply added other things, new strategies to improve and become stronger.

MD: What’s the relationship between Brasil and Argentina in the team?
DA: At Barca we all play for the team, the chance that we get along is very high (laughs). When you are in the same boat you have to row in the same direction, we all have the same goals. Tata’s project is very valuable.

MD: Since when did you know Neymar would come to Barca?
DA: As everyone else, when the deal was closed.

MD: But you had already convinced him…
DA: I was sure that if he wanted to leave Santos he would come to Barca because he wanted to come. When one doesn’t go where he wants to go then he stays where he is.

MD: Will you ask Rosell for a bonus for your role in signing him?
DA: (Laughs) No, I don’t want anything. I also wanted my friend to come enjoy football, of the greatness of this team. I think the teammates he now has will teach him a lot about football. In the end he’s a fantastic child, he’s a kid, he’s still a kid, what I want is for him to make the transition from kid to man leaning a bit by bit.

MD: Messi also started slowly.
DA: Of course. I always use the example of Ronnie and Leo. When Messi started to play, the leader of the project was Ronnie. Leo knew to wait for his moment and join the team. In life, you have to wait.

MD: Aren’t you dying to erase that damned CL semifinal?
DA: This is not an excuse, but we are dying to demonstrate that was an accident, it will not happen again. No one can lose a semi final by seven goals to none, it’s a travesty for a team of this level. Never say never in football but it will be very hard that we won’t play against Bayern again. The good thing about football is that if you do things right you will get another chance.

MD: If we do face Bayern again, on a semi final or the final?
DA: I’m not the vengeful kind, but if we face them again it will be harder than last time.

MD: In the world cup, will you know Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Messi or Masche?
DA: I get amnesia in these competitions (laughs) my people and my colors blind me.

MD: Barca players will win for sure, with some or others.
DA: Yes, it’s even. Hopefully it will be for us, we are playing at home.

MD: Thiago has left, Cesc has had offers, as did Tello, and they both stayed. You had a moment of doubt but you ended up deciding to stay blaugrana.
DA: I’m in the market every year (laughs). Every year. But the club knows that if they don’t consider that I should stay at the club they should tell me. And I will do the same when I think I am no longer useful or have a better offer, which would be very hard. It’s the way I am. If it’s my truth I will say it and defend it.

MD: What would your counsel be to Thiago?
DA: The counsel is to always try to fight for a place at Barca, but I also think it’s brave that he doesn’t get used to this environment just to be at Barca, you also have to be happy. Thiago made a rash decision and I told him that personally. But I insist, I take my hat off to his bravery. I like that part.

MD: If David Luiz comes will you be happy?
DA: Of course, I always want the best for my friends and I tell them to come here if they can. Also he has a great level. The problem is that you have to take him off Mourinho and that will not be easy.

MD: Why not?
DA: To ease David’s transfer to Barca doesn’t occur to Mourinho and less to reinforce us. We have it very hard, almost impossible.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:50 pm

great read....i like reading our player's interview ....thanks for posting.,.,

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:55 pm

Great interview.
Especially liked the part where he says.
'I want them to look at me and know that they have a competitor in me, a super professional that will work to do the best he can for the team.'
If I were to describe Alves in one word,it would be competitor.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:45 pm

Agree, for me as great a competitor as there is.

At 30 years old with an incredible amount of titles won, he still presses the ball like 19 year old newbie.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:23 am

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin