Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

+15
McLewis
Swanhends
BeautifulGame
Eman
Lord Awesome
Blue
Babun
lenear1030
iftikhar
Khaled
EarlyPrototype
Jay29
Amar
Mr Nick09
halamadrid2
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 19 Jun 2011, 19:53


Fail.com


Malaga directors are set to meet with Velez Sarsfield officials in Argentina on Monday to discuss the transfer of Ricardo Alvarez.

According to Marca, the 23-year-old attacking midfielder, who had previously been expected to move to Arsenal, is open to a move to Spain after speaking with Malaga defender Martin Demichelis about the possibility of joining the Andalusian side.

Reports claim that Velez have placed a €10 million [£8.8m] price tag on Alvarez, while Malaga are reluctant to offer more than €8m [£7m].

Alvarez, who holds an Italian passport, has been linked with an exit after impressing in Velez’ victorious 2011 Clausura campaign with numerous European clubs, including Roma.

Malaga have been active in the transfer market so far, already clinching the signatures of Jeremy Toulalan from Lyon, Joris Mathijsen from Hamburg and Nacho Monreal from Osasuna.

Former Manchester United and Real Madrid striker Ruud van Nistelrooy also recently completed a switch to the Spanish club.

Marca

Ricardo Alvarez to Malaga

AS

Ricardo Alvarez to Malaga

=======================

malaga the most active club in the market??? arsenal the most senile???

if they do sign alvarez how are the gunners gonna react??

what about isco, valencia fans are you on your feets???

wow if they do thats just impressive
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25211
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 19 Jun 2011, 19:57

And they are trying to swoop Isco as well, Lord hispano is gonna lose it lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by Amar Sun 19 Jun 2011, 19:59

Well they are asking way too much money for someone who's going to sit on our bench, and for someone is injury prone. Last thing we need is more fragile players.

He might be good, but he's not going to displace Fabregas, Wilshere, and Song in the midfield.


Last edited by the_gooner on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 20:00; edited 1 time in total
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2227
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by Jay29 Sun 19 Jun 2011, 19:59

if they do sign alvarez how are the gunners gonna react??

Indifferently, becuase none of us know who he is, how good he is or whether he's worth £10,000,000 or not. Furthermore, we've got plenty of attacker, old and young, and his signing isn't really required.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 19 Jun 2011, 20:04

GoonerJay29 wrote:
if they do sign alvarez how are the gunners gonna react??

Indifferently, becuase none of us know who he is, how good he is or whether he's worth £10,000,000 or not. Furthermore, we've got plenty of attacker, old and young, and his signing isn't really required.

Arsenal have had an approach for Douglas Costa turned down by Shakhtar Donetsk, according to the player’s agent.

Cesar Bottega stated that Arsene Wenger’s side made an offer of cash plus out of favour midfielder Denilson for the talented Brazilian, but the offer was rejected by the Ukrainian club who are only interested in a money deal.

Bottega told calciomercato: "The Gunners offered the Ukrainian club Denilson plus an economic balance [cash], but Shakhtar said no, because they are not interested in Denilson and would like only money."

The Gunners are believed to have been interested in the midfielder for a period of time but are not the only Premier League team to have the 20-year-old on their radar, as Manchester United are also aware of his talents, but have not made any offer thus far.

Costa has spent the past two seasons playing in the Ukraine for Shakhtar after moving there in January 2010 from Brazilian side Gremio. His style of play and similar background has often led to comparisons with former Barcelona star Ronaldinho.

The Brazilian has made 40 appearances in his 18 month spell at Shakhtar scoring 10 goals helping the win the Ukrainian Premier League in each season since his arrival.

isnt he the same kind of player??
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25211
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun 19 Jun 2011, 20:07

At least Malaga can say they signed a poor mans Pastore.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by Khaled Sun 19 Jun 2011, 20:12

halamadrid2 wrote:
Fail.com


malaga the most active club in the market??? arsenal the most senile???

if they do sign alvarez how are the gunners gonna react??

what about isco, valencia fans are you on your feets???

wow if they do thats just impressive


they did steal Hector Bellerin (RB/RW, 16) & Jon Toral (Midfielder, 16) from Barca this season.. !

So what they did to us & we had to accept it.. they had to accept aswell Smile

btw hector & toral were getting 10K euro from Barca per season.. while @ arsenal they will get 350K/per season so!!

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4268
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by iftikhar Sun 19 Jun 2011, 20:15

Even with all these additions, how good will Malaga be!!! If Valencia, Villareal, Sevilla & Atletico can keep their squad (or get proper replacement) and beef-up a bit, Malaga will still be weaker than those. But they have a hell of a manager.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9347
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 52

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by Jay29 Sun 19 Jun 2011, 20:25

halamadrid2 wrote:isnt he the same kind of player??

None of us are going to be too bothered about not getting Douglas Costa, either.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 19 Jun 2011, 20:29

iftikhar wrote:Even with all these additions, how good will Malaga be!!! If Valencia, Villareal, Sevilla & Atletico can keep their squad (or get proper replacement) and beef-up a bit, Malaga will still be weaker than those. But they have a hell of a manager.

last season, they were able to climb up from bottom to just withing 12 points of europa league place in just half a season, imagine with an improved squad
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25211
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 19 Jun 2011, 20:30

Khaledbarca wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
Fail.com


malaga the most active club in the market??? arsenal the most senile???

if they do sign alvarez how are the gunners gonna react??

what about isco, valencia fans are you on your feets???

wow if they do thats just impressive


they did steal Hector Bellerin (RB/RW, 16) & Jon Toral (Midfielder, 16) from Barca this season.. !

So what they did to us & we had to accept it.. they had to accept aswell Smile

btw hector & toral were getting 10K euro from Barca per season.. while @ arsenal they will get 350K/per season so!!


alvarez plays for the NT team though, and those guys probably wanted to stay in spain
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25211
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by lenear1030 Sun 19 Jun 2011, 20:33

GoonerJay29 wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:isnt he the same kind of player??

None of us are going to be too bothered about not getting Douglas Costa, either.



i would. especially if he goes to another epl team....
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2881
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by iftikhar Sun 19 Jun 2011, 20:36

halamadrid2 wrote:
iftikhar wrote:Even with all these additions, how good will Malaga be!!! If Valencia, Villareal, Sevilla & Atletico can keep their squad (or get proper replacement) and beef-up a bit, Malaga will still be weaker than those. But they have a hell of a manager.

last season, they were able to climb up from bottom to just withing 12 points of europa league place in just half a season, imagine with an improved squad

True. But...
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9347
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 52

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 19 Jun 2011, 20:38

lenear1030 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:isnt he the same kind of player??

None of us are going to be too bothered about not getting Douglas Costa, either.



i would. especially if he goes to another epl team....

Man U???
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25211
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by Babun Sun 19 Jun 2011, 21:40

Wow, Pelle's team could be a threat next year. Now, get Pastore and we could finally see more competition in la liga Very Happy Good for everyone apart from EPL Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by Blue Sun 19 Jun 2011, 21:57

babun1024 wrote:Wow, Pelle's team could be a threat next year. Now, get Pastore and we could finally see more competition in la liga Very Happy Good for everyone apart from EPL Very Happy

How? :coffee:
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 3038
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by Lord Awesome Sun 19 Jun 2011, 22:00

Isco won't go, mark my words. Evil or Very Mad
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 6109
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 19 Jun 2011, 22:01

lol knew youd shhow up one way or another, promote him or he is gone
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25211
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by Lord Awesome Sun 19 Jun 2011, 22:10

I'm sure he won't be promoted just yet. Same with Paco.

Unless they both want the bench at Malaga, they'll stay one more season minimun at Mestalla.


Last edited by Lord Hispano on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 22:12; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 6109
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by Babun Sun 19 Jun 2011, 22:12

Blue wrote:
babun1024 wrote:Wow, Pelle's team could be a threat next year. Now, get Pastore and we could finally see more competition in la liga Very Happy Good for everyone apart from EPL Very Happy

How? :coffee:
La liga teams are 'overrated' or are rumored to be Very Happy If they start to kick ass consistently in CL, there would be nothing to badmouth about la liga anymore. Maybe, the two horse thingy Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by Blue Sun 19 Jun 2011, 23:46

babun1024 wrote:
Blue wrote:
babun1024 wrote:Wow, Pelle's team could be a threat next year. Now, get Pastore and we could finally see more competition in la liga Very Happy Good for everyone apart from EPL Very Happy

How? :coffee:
La liga teams are 'overrated' or are rumored to be Very Happy If they start to kick ass consistently in CL, there would be nothing to badmouth about la liga anymore. Maybe, the two horse thingy Very Happy

Let me get this straight, you are saying by Malaga getting stronger and potentially being on the rise, will change a known perception that La Liga is two horse race?

interesting logic :coffee:
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 3038
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by Babun Sun 19 Jun 2011, 23:47

Blue wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Blue wrote:
babun1024 wrote:Wow, Pelle's team could be a threat next year. Now, get Pastore and we could finally see more competition in la liga Very Happy Good for everyone apart from EPL Very Happy

How? :coffee:
La liga teams are 'overrated' or are rumored to be Very Happy If they start to kick ass consistently in CL, there would be nothing to badmouth about la liga anymore. Maybe, the two horse thingy Very Happy

Let me get this straight, you are saying by Malaga getting stronger and potentially being on the rise, will change a known perception that La Liga is two horse race?

interesting logic :coffee:
You have to leave your coffee cup on the table from time to time Very Happy Read the red part in my post Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by Eman Mon 20 Jun 2011, 01:16

When I heard Arsenal were going to sign Ricardo Alvarez, I was actually a little bit nervous because while I trust Arsene Wenger's ability to spot talent, I had never heard anything about him before that. Also, 4 goals in 36 games isn't that great as an attacking midfielder.

Since everybody is trying to sign him right now, I would assume he is good, but if someone else gets him then oh well. I will only be upset if he turns out to be really good.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3029
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by Jay29 Mon 20 Jun 2011, 01:40

Eman wrote:When I heard Arsenal were going to sign Ricardo Alvarez, I was actually a little bit nervous because while I trust Arsene Wenger's ability to spot talent, I had never heard anything about him before that. Also, 4 goals in 36 games isn't that great as an attacking midfielder.

Since everybody is trying to sign him right now, I would assume he is good, but if someone else gets him then oh well. I will only be upset if he turns out to be really good.

We'll soon forget who Alvarez is when Miyaichi breaks-through. Cool

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by BeautifulGame Mon 04 Jul 2011, 04:34



DarrenArsenal1 Darren
by philmcnulty
Looks like Inter Milan and #Arsenal have both had bids agreed with Velez for Alvarez. Looks like he will decide this week where he is going
8 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Also Guardian are reporting Arsenal are favourites.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Malaga close to signing arsenal target Ricardo Alvarez

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum