Patrick Bateman
Rebaño Sagrado
The Franchise
chinomaster182
Grande_Milano
34 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Team of the Season as it stands now? - Page 3 Empty Re: Team of the Season as it stands now?

Post by rwo power Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:48 am

@Giovanni:

Actually I wouldn't put Hummels as he was pretty bad in the CL and in the German NT. Even if the thought is strangely unpopular, the BL had better defenders this season. And Lahm currently doesn't deserve a spot either as he did too many mistakes.

I would put Neuer, though, for his clean sheet record in the beginning of the season. 1147 minutes over all club competitions made him all-time (!) number 4 after Edwin van der Sar (1311 min), Abel Resino Gomez (1275 min) and Vitor Baia (1191 min).

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Team of the Season as it stands now? - Page 3 Empty Re: Team of the Season as it stands now?

Post by Giovanni10 Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:00 am

rwo power wrote:@Giovanni:

Actually I wouldn't put Hummels as he was pretty bad in the CL and in the German NT. Even if the thought is strangely unpopular, the BL had better defenders this season. And Lahm currently doesn't deserve a spot either as he did too many mistakes.

I would put Neuer, though, for his clean sheet record in the beginning of the season. 1147 minutes over all club competitions made him all-time (!) number 4 after Edwin van der Sar (1311 min), Abel Resino Gomez (1275 min) and Vitor Baia (1191 min).

Razz haha ok I will take the inside advice! I've only seen Hummels in the BL this year and to me he has looked typically bullish and still doesn't give an inch.. but I suppose you are right especially with CL and NT performances.. Though, those are 2 competitions/areas that he may still need to find his feet in, not being too experienced in those departments yet.

I also notice your stats on Neuer and I do agree they are impressive.. but I'm going to stick with Hart for two reasons 1) His saves have been spectacular, an average of 2 almost every game 2) City's back four are not as great as English commentary have made them out to be, Lescott the biggest weed in that pile, a real lumbering fool.

I wouldn't expect that City side to keep many cleansheets as a result of the form of players like Clichy, Kolarov and Lescott and the fact the Kompany gets suspended a lot. My choice is made on Hart's saves being game defining, keeping draws from being losses and keeping wins from being draws- that has happened on countless occasions.

will edit Ramos into my starting line-up for Hummels Wink
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:34 am

Well, it is a pity that ter Stegen doesn't play internationally (yet), otherwise he'd be my number 1 for this season. IMO he'd be better suited than Hart, but Hart has NT and CL matches to his name.

Check this for reference:
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t304p54-german-goalkeeper-appreciation-thread#462089
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t304p54-german-goalkeeper-appreciation-thread#462308
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:47 am

no roonay?
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:12 pm

I will go for a 3 cb system like many others because of no fullbacks really impressing......

Ter Stegen
Ramos Barzagli TS
Di Maria Pirlo Vidal
Messi
RVP Ibra CR7
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:23 pm

GK Iker: a great shot stopper and still has the best shot/save ratio I believe

RB Richards: has been a beast for City this season great player

CB Ramos: one of the more consistent CBs this season, sweeps everything from throughballs to aerial long balls

CBs Silva: has made Milans backline look better than it actually is will be pissed if he goes to Barca

LB Marcelo: injuries halted his form but the days he has been fit he has been a pleasure to watch both offensively and defensively

DM/CM Pirlo: hard to choose this one because many are playing great but Pirlo is definitely the stand out player atm

AM Ozil: what else can we say about avatar eyes, after a rather dragging start to the season he is playing phenomenally at the moment

LW Ronaldo: despite having two weeks of purple patch, he finally stepped up, and plays exactly the same as to what he did before his dip. Looks set to win his second pichichi in a row if he continues his goal scoring form much to the dismay of that little Mississi.

RW DiMagia: he is back finally, this season he has been hands down our best player, and his place in the assisting chart is the same as where he left it... watch him run away with it when he comes back

CF Benzema: well unlike Kaka this guy actually stepped up from that horrible first season he had and has been one of the best in Real Madrid this season maybe couldve been the best if not for DiMaria

CF Welbeck/RVP: I cant actually decide between these two, both have been great but if I had to pick one and not based on goals scored then it would be Welbeck sorry RVP

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:29 pm

Hart

Ramos-Silva-Barzagli

Maggio-Xavi-Schweini-Dani Alves

Messi-Ibrahimovic-Ronaldo
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:38 pm

----------Alves/Hart-----------

----Alves-Silva-Ramos
Messi-Pirlo-Boateng-Marcelo

Benzema-Ibrahimovic-Ronaldo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:39 pm

i may sound retarded right now

but to actually have a perfect listing you need to let in atleast 50 players
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:39 pm

-----------friedel--------------

alves-puyol-skrtel-enrique

-reus---ozil--modric---bale-

------cavani----benzema----

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:41 pm

Ozil was meh by his standards for the first half of the season,doesnt deserve a mention imo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Nes-T33 wrote:Ozil was meh by his standards for the first half of the season,doesnt deserve a mention imo

I agree. The guy has had a fanstastic start in 2012 but that isn't enough to warrant a place yet.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:45 pm

supra969 wrote:i may sound retarded right now

but to actually have a perfect listing you need to let in atleast 50 players

Basically.

and Two Months from now many of them including me would be changing one's respective lineups.

I think the best to way put forward a best eleven is by judging the CL Perfomances but again it really is a crime to leave out some of them like Barzagli for example who has been the most outstanding and most consistent player for us and he has played every minute this season.

I guess none of them could be wrong with each of their lineups at this point.
Each to their own.

I'll only comment on poster's choices here come the end of the season.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:46 pm

Neither does Xavi, Iniesta, Schweignsteiger etc etc.......

Xavi has been meh and Schweignsteiger and Iniesta have been injured......

Supra brings up a good point tho, i think my team is pretty good tho i think its been missed due to being at bottom of last page Mad Razz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:49 pm

As far as I am aware, Busi, Pirlo and Marschiso/Vidal have been the best midfielders

I agree regarding Xavi and Iniesta. Xavi has been meh lately and the later often sidelined due injuries
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:53 pm

ter Stegen
Barzagli ThiagoSilva Koscielny
CR7 Pirlo Vidal Ribéry
Messi Ibra

Sexxxx
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
ter Stegen
CR7 Pirlo Vidal Ribéry
Messi Ibra

Sexxxx

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Ter Stegen
Ramos Barzagli TS
Di Maria Pirlo Vidal
Messi
RVP Ibra CR7

Fight banana smoking :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:57 pm

I am more inclined towards Mole's lineup :coffee:

Really good lineup Thumbs up

Sushi 3-4-2 ? hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:00 pm

Laughing

ter Stegen
CR7 Pirlo Vidal Ribéry
Messi Ibra RVP

Totally missed RVP

Basically Mole had it down, but I made a few modifications to my liking, cuz Di Maria has been injured for a while and I don't rate Ramos too high
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:05 pm

BTW i insist on being to have 13 players so i can include Benzema and Reus :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Throw Neuer out, he might be the potentially best GK in the world, but he hasn't been this season.

Give his place to ter Stegen or san Iker.

And finally: GOMEZ. Get Gomez in there. Also Ribéry/Kroos might be worth mentioning, but don't really scream GOAT yet.

But, hell, Gomez!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:10 pm

ibra and RVP>Godmez.He'll have to wait for next season :vagi:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:11 pm

--------------Ter Stegen---------------
Dives-----Ramos----Silva----Coentrao

-----------Pirlo-----Vidal---------------
----------------Ozil--------------------
----Di Maria-----Messi--------CR7-----

I don't care about consistency or what's legit throughout the first half of the season and the start of the second. That's my fap team eco smile
P.S. I put Coentrao instead of Afro because with such an attack minded team you need at least 3 master defenders.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:29 pm

RvP Benzema
Ribery Xavi Messi Cronaldo
Marcelo Puyol Silva Alves
Alves
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:49 pm

So many options:

My formation will have 3 at the back due to a lack of in form LB's and too many inform attackers. Coentrao has been solid recently, but not enough games. Marcelo is off form. No one else really deserves a mention there.

Iker

Alves T.Silva Ramos

Di Maria Pirlo Vidal

Messi

RVP CR7

Benz

Special mentions to Ibra, Richards, Bale, Koscielny, Ribery, Ter Stegen and some others too.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Here's mine

---------------------------Iker-------------------------
Alves-------Ramos-------T.Silva----------Marcelo
------------------Pirlo------------Vidal-------------------
---------------------------Messi--------------------------
RVP------------------Gomez--------------------Cristiano

Bench: Hart, Xavi, Benzema, Ricahrds, Aguero, Reus, Ozil, Gotze.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next