Ganso
EarlyPrototype
Adit
30 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Messi the captain - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi the captain

Post by billionmillion Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:09 pm

best and most passionate about any profession can be leader. skills>talking to be a leader. talking comes second

at least give him credit for being honest. actually i liked it "bahh ehh" part

billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:34 pm

I'm sorry but so many of these posts just reek of people who have never played a sport at a high level and been involved with the workings of a team. And BTW comparing experiences when you were 12 years old just has no relevance what so ever. The difference between 12 year olds and 25 years olds is so different it's not even funny on every level.

In a team sport there are many different types of personalities and generally if you are a really good team then your best player needs to be a leader in some shape or fashion. Just because you don't think player A isn't a leader, you have no clue what goes on behind the scenes so really your just seeing what the camera shows you during game time.

Also, usually the loudest and most extroverted person on the team (you know the guy who would vote himself captain) is the person the team tunes out first and they stop listening to him before your season ever starts.

This is one of the reasons the best coach's are usually the ones with a calm demeanor not the ones jumping up and down all game and yelling at everyone and sweating through there jacket (see Phil Jackson, SAF, Pep, Bill Belicheck, Pat Riley, Dean Smith, Coach K, etc etc) the other example of your bad coach jumping around load mouth etc Maradona.

Generally when the quite people on the team speak up people shut there mouths and listen to what they have to say especially if they are the best player on the team who lead by example all game anyways. Especially a player like Messi who busts his ass on defense and offense and shares the ball to make everyone around him better. If he were selfish and quite it would be different but thats not the case at all as he always leads by example and doesn't play hard on one end of the field and give no effort on the other then no one would listen to him.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:37 pm

alex ferguson , jose m are pretty vocal ^^.... and they are great coaches
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Lord Hades wrote:alex ferguson , jose m are pretty vocal ^^.... and they are great coaches

Not really. Mou is usually leaned back with his arms crossed sitting on the bench. IF something bad happens he will get up for a second a give his opinion to the official and sit back down not follow the guy around for 10 minutes jumping and screaming down the sidelines.

The same for SAF, he sits in his little box and cheers when they score but you rarely see him patroling the sidelines. I don't know what games your watching dude.

Also, most of the times when Madrid scores Mou doesn't even flinch he sits there like he expected it to happen cool as a cucumber. Again, these are very bad examples.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:42 pm

Argentina deserve it.

Youre seriously gonna name Mascherano and Messi captain ahead of Zanetti?

Rot in hell.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:53 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:alex ferguson , jose m are pretty vocal ^^.... and they are great coaches

Not really. Mou is usually leaned back with his arms crossed sitting on the bench. IF something bad happens he will get up for a second a give his opinion to the official and sit back down not follow the guy around for 10 minutes jumping and screaming down the sidelines.

The same for SAF, he sits in his little box and cheers when they score but you rarely see him patroling the sidelines. I don't know what games your watching dude.

Also, most of the times when Madrid scores Mou doesn't even flinch he sits there like he expected it to happen cool as a cucumber. Again, these are very bad examples.

Messi the captain - Page 3 2012-02-12-mou-26a

Messi the captain - Page 3 2012-02-12-mou-25a

This is immediately after we scored our second goal against Levante lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:56 pm

Zealous wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

Id really like to know what the hell he was meaning with those gestures. scratch
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:02 pm

He was preforming the new hit dance. "The Mou" :dance:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Saetablanca wrote:
Id really like to know what the hell he was meaning with those gestures. scratch

He was trying to make them play possession, passing football.

In order to beat Barca, you have to pass as well as they do.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:20 pm

I think it was more of 'You are like a burst balloon, that goes like this.' Then 'Instead, do the Egyptian dance'. hmm
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:23 am

Zealous wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

There are exceptions to every rule. I don't really know what the point of this is as I was trying to pay him a compliment but of course you can't even do that on this forum.

I guess you want me to dig up the hundreds of goals where he doesn't even get off the bench to celebrate is that the point of this?

I really never have understood why people do this on this forum, find one highlight and act like that represents that person.

I mean if I started a Ronaldo sucks at penalties thread and used the youtube clip of him missing vs Barca while at Man U in the CL I think people would think I'm crazy.

Again, I don't really understand why people do this. Are you trying to say Mou is out of control on the sideline and chases the refs all game and never sits down blah blah blah because to me he is one of the more laid back coach's in the world.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:43 pm

jiopsi wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Introverts can be leaders, its simply an old myth which says they cant.
http://www.thinkingmanagers.com/lmr/introverted-leadership

5. Embracing solitude: Introverted leaders have timeouts that fuel their thinking, creativity and decision making. When the pressure is on, this strategy helps them to be responsive rather than reactive.

Describes perfectly the ultimate big game player and creative mind of Messi.

Not an expert but I tend to think extroverts are better for football teams since comunication is important and soemthings moments in games u need that shouting mouth to get everyone fired up, morale boost etc Razz But its not definite, introverts can also be good leaders, but u need the right combination of qualities. Carragher would be an example of who I think is a terrible "vocal" leader, abusing teammates non stop even at his own faults Laughing Laughing Laughing As jiopsi points out, introverts have benefits as a result of their nature too.

harhar11 wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Zidane was anything but shy and quiet as a captain. His time as France captain shows that.

I agree that Messi can lead by example as captain though.

I don´t remember any of that. I dont remember him being the shouting/vocal type of captain like puyol or terry are..

Seems right.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:48 pm

mou and fergie are very vocal personalities.. everyone isnt like that hull city manager lol ..

their gestures and the words they have with their players in the dressing room including the famous hare dryer treatment is evidence for that.. mou is calm when we score a goal because he cant jump up , considering the way we put in goals past every team.. but youl often see him communicating on the touchlines with gestures and words to one or two of the players on the pitch.. also his celebrations and his press conferences just bring the team together ..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:49 pm

@dnmac I just posted a funny gif, don't read to much into it lol. Jose does sit on the bench in many games, you are not wrong. Chill dude lol

@ Barcalearning and harhar

Zidane is not shy or timid. At least not in the dressing room. Just watch him in 2006 he wasn't quiet.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Saetablanca wrote:I think it was more of 'You are like a burst balloon, that goes like this.' Then 'Instead, do the Egyptian dance'. hmm

I interpret it as "Why are you rushing to the goal like that? Be cool", and the second as "Open the flanks, and pass the ball".

During the game we could hear him yell, and I'm pretty sure he was yelling "Passa, passa!", because the team was attacking as soon as they had the ball.

Plus at the end of the game he made this comment:

"I told my men Levante were a tight outfit, that we were giving them the ball and they were then passing it forward to Kone. I told them we had to play touch football and avoid losing it. The crowd doesn't like it when we keep the ball, unlike that at other stadiums"

source: http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1193040487651/1330083120591/noticia/Noticia/Mourinho:__Cristiano_Ronaldo_s_goal_was_fantastic,_incredible,_and_it_s_going_to_go_around_the_w.htm

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:16 pm

stunt wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:I think it was more of 'You are like a burst balloon, that goes like this.' Then 'Instead, do the Egyptian dance'. hmm

I interpret it as "Why are you rushing to the goal like that? Be cool", and the second as "Open the flanks, and pass the ball".

I see. Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:31 pm

Well we all know Zidane has a temper, whether hes extrovert, doesnt appaer to be...

Anyway. Would u guys consider Guardiola extroveret laugh mouthed? Not me, but he has the needed qualities to be that if needed I feel, which is even better.

Fergie is known to be one of the most abusive and loud managers, period eco smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:13 pm

damn that big green smile ruins all the post quality
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:17 pm

Zealous wrote:@dnmac I just posted a funny gif, don't read to much into it lol. Jose does sit on the bench in many games, you are not wrong. Chill dude lol

@ Barcalearning and harhar

Zidane is not shy or timid. At least not in the dressing room. Just watch him in 2006 he wasn't quiet.

According to Messi´s teammates at barca Messi isn´t shy in the dressing room either and that he makes alot of jokes/pranks to his teammate. So that´s actually proving my point that Messi and Zidane are very similiar in personality.

Zidane had a temper, that is true but so does Messi. Messi has argued with the ref a few times( for example against you lot when the referee bottled to book Pepe for a tackle on Sanchez) and almost started a fight against shakhtar but generally speaking both Messi and Zidane didnt fight nor shout alot..

And what do you mean by 2006?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:22 pm

if messi shouted a lot he would be a diver. like maradona and another much talking players. being shy is good because you feel shame to dive
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Guardiola " The true is leader is the one who takes responsibilities on his shoulders when things get complicated. Messi has been doing this for years"
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:19 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Guardiola " The true is leader is the one who takes responsibilities on his shoulders when things get complicated. Messi has been doing this for years"
Guardiola reading GL? hmm Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:44 pm

You would not see Messi put down a William Wallace type of speech because that isn't his character (that and I don't think he has that range of vocabulary or need to fight tyranny and injustice). However, the man shows his real leadership qualities on the field by accepting the responsibility of being the man to carry his team's attack and creativity.

To me, that sounds like a leader whatever ways you put it. And there is no real age limit to leadership. Leadership could fall on you at any point in time in your life, it's what you do with it that matters.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:35 pm

billionmillion wrote:if messi shouted a lot he would be a diver. like maradona and another much talking players. being shy is good because you feel shame to dive

Seriously WTF does this mean? Can someone on this forum explain this to me? Billion stay of dat dere crack man.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3