Mascherano sent off inside tunnel following Barcelona's defeat to Osasuna...Guardiola also booked

+27
baresi
Lord Awesome
delaurentishotz
izzy
harhar11
The Franchise
halamadrid2
Le Samourai
Mr Nick09
the xcx
Senor Penguin
LeVersacci
guest7
TheBlueArmy
Lord Hades
Vapotrini
billionmillion
Adit
alexjanosik
Kev
ijomer
Zealous
stunt
Dnmac4
Lex
Great Leader Sprucenuce
emassy
31 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Mascherano sent off inside tunnel following Barcelona's defeat to Osasuna...Guardiola also booked - Page 5 Empty Re: Mascherano sent off inside tunnel following Barcelona's defeat to Osasuna...Guardiola also booked

Post by TheBlueArmy Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:14 pm

The Franchise wrote:Show me where it says anything about arm position, im looking at the rules right now and there is nothing. So, if your going to make that claim, you must have information I dont have.

So, please help.

Players put their arms behind their back sometimes because they are afriad of it hitting their hand (accidently) and still getting called for a foul.

I saw the incident, I dont need youtube clips, do you honestly think I have not looked at it over again? It clearly hits him in the upper tricep area.

it might not be in the rule book, I hvan't checked, but every ref calls a handball if the ball hits the defenders arms if it is away from the body, I can't believe I'm arguing about this, isn't this logical? I cant run up to a player with the ball swinging my arms and say "ooops, it was by accident".

Do you want me to add a picture of where the tricep is? The arm... thus it being a handball, thank you

TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Mascherano sent off inside tunnel following Barcelona's defeat to Osasuna...Guardiola also booked - Page 5 Empty Re: Mascherano sent off inside tunnel following Barcelona's defeat to Osasuna...Guardiola also booked

Post by TheBlueArmy Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:24 pm

"Strangely, the term "Hand Ball" is commonly used, but is not defined in the official FIFA rules. It is a "direct kick foul" if a player (other than the goalkeeper inside his own penalty area) deliberately handles the ball (meaning to deliberately touch the ball with any part of the arm from the finger tips to the top of the shoulder). If the player handles it for the purpose of preventing an opponent from gaining possession, it is a "cautionable offense" and a yellow card should be given. If a player deliberately handles the ball to deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity (e.g., to prevent a breakaway or to deliberately stop a shot), a red card should be given and the player "sent off". However, a hand ball foul should not be called if: (1) a player is instinctively trying to protect himself from injury or (2) the player did not deliberately touch the ball but the ball hit his arm & he did not move the arm toward the ball (however, if the player's arms were in an unnatural position such as above his shoulders or sticking out to the sides, then he should be called for a handball). (See "Fouls")."
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:24 pm

And here I was thinking the triceps were part of my back.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Zealous wrote:And here I was thinking the triceps were part of my back.

The triceps brachii muscle, Latin for "three-headed arm muscle"
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:34 pm

I know that was the joke :p
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:38 pm

TheBlueArmy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Show me where it says anything about arm position, im looking at the rules right now and there is nothing. So, if your going to make that claim, you must have information I dont have.

So, please help.

Players put their arms behind their back sometimes because they are afriad of it hitting their hand (accidently) and still getting called for a foul.

I saw the incident, I dont need youtube clips, do you honestly think I have not looked at it over again? It clearly hits him in the upper tricep area.

it might not be in the rule book, I hvan't checked, but every ref calls a handball if the ball hits the defenders arms if it is away from the body, I can't believe I'm arguing about this, isn't this logical? I cant run up to a player with the ball swinging my arms and say "ooops, it was by accident".

Do you want me to add a picture of where the tricep is? The arm... thus it being a handball, thank you

I dont understand how you can complain then, you are admitting according to the rules it isnt a pen.

Its up to the ref discrection what he deems intentional, Etoo had his arm high and it was a big risk for a pen, but the ref deemed it accidental. As in, he didnt intentional put his arm to the ball..which is obviously true.

Your clueless...hitting someones tricep accidently doesnt make handball...

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:39 pm

Zealous wrote:And here I was thinking the triceps were part of my back.
Mascherano sent off inside tunnel following Barcelona's defeat to Osasuna...Guardiola also booked - Page 5 Triceps
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:41 pm

The Franchise wrote:
TheBlueArmy wrote:

So, please help.

I dont understand how you can complain then, you are admitting according to the rules it isnt a pen.

Its up to the ref discrection what he deems intentional, Etoo had his arm high and it was a big risk for a pen, but the ref deemed it accidental. As in, he didnt intentional put his arm to the ball..which is obviously true.

Your clueless...hitting someones tricep accidently doesnt make handball...

At the time I didn't check the rules, but then I did, and posted it on the post after the one you just quoted.

Thank you
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:41 pm

I don't know what's worse, how bad my joke was or the fact that you guys think I don't know where my triceps are Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:42 pm

TheBlueArmy wrote:"Strangely, the term "Hand Ball" is commonly used, but is not defined in the official FIFA rules. It is a "direct kick foul" if a player (other than the goalkeeper inside his own penalty area) deliberately handles the ball (meaning to deliberately touch the ball with any part of the arm from the finger tips to the top of the shoulder). If the player handles it for the purpose of preventing an opponent from gaining possession, it is a "cautionable offense" and a yellow card should be given. If a player deliberately handles the ball to deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity (e.g., to prevent a breakaway or to deliberately stop a shot), a red card should be given and the player "sent off". However, a hand ball foul should not be called if: (1) a player is instinctively trying to protect himself from injury or (2) the player did not deliberately touch the ball but the ball hit his arm & he did not move the arm toward the ball (however, if the player's arms were in an unnatural position such as above his shoulders or sticking out to the sides, then he should be called for a handball). (See "Fouls")."

I just thought I would post it again for you
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:43 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
jibers wrote:
Zealous wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Im surprised by this, but then Pep gets booked for complaining in the tunnel, Mourinho doesnt for waiting for the way in the car park? Laughing

A ref's authority ends outside the stadium. In the car park he is a normal person.

Clueless as usual...

Yeap jibers, like u actually know anything Laughing Man U loser.

Yea, give it to Mourinho, too clever, complains outside of the game, why not stalk the refs, or turn uop at his home, classless c*nt ⭐

I agree, Mourinho is smart to wait in the parking lot. Pep was too dumb to put 1 and 1 together and figure he could avoid a card. i agree with you.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:52 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:
Yea, give it to Mourinho, too clever, complains outside of the game, why not stalk the refs, or turn uop at his home, classless c*nt ⭐

I agree, Mourinho is smart to wait in the parking lot. Pep was too dumb to put 1 and 1 together and figure he could avoid a card. i agree with you.

Dayum.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:51 pm

TheBlueArmy wrote:
TheBlueArmy wrote:"Strangely, the term "Hand Ball" is commonly used, but is not defined in the official FIFA rules. It is a "direct kick foul" if a player (other than the goalkeeper inside his own penalty area) deliberately handles the ball (meaning to deliberately touch the ball with any part of the arm from the finger tips to the top of the shoulder). If the player handles it for the purpose of preventing an opponent from gaining possession, it is a "cautionable offense" and a yellow card should be given. If a player deliberately handles the ball to deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity (e.g., to prevent a breakaway or to deliberately stop a shot), a red card should be given and the player "sent off". However, a hand ball foul should not be called if: (1) a player is instinctively trying to protect himself from injury or (2) the player did not deliberately touch the ball but the ball hit his arm & he did not move the arm toward the ball (however, if the player's arms were in an unnatural position such as above his shoulders or sticking out to the sides, then he should be called for a handball). (See "Fouls")."

I just thought I would post it again for you

link and year please.

The set of rules I have say nothing about this.

But more importantly, "However, a hand ball foul should not be called if: (1) a player is instinctively trying to protect himself from injury"

The ball was heaing towards Eto'o's head, which was the whole reason his arm went up. Those rules are a direct contradiction to themselves.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5