Iceman
Raptorgunner
Quinten Metsys
57 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Latest Arsenal Rumours Empty Latest Arsenal Rumours

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:02 pm

Started this thread since the old thread is STILL LOCKED.The purpose of this thread is to segregate the rumours/BS{as many here prefer to call it} into a separate thread.

Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Latest Arsenal Rumours Empty Re: Latest Arsenal Rumours

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:02 pm

Arsene Wenger insists he has no plans to sell Andrey Arshavin in February and still feels he can play a big role for Arsenal.

Arshavin has been strongly linked with a move back to Russia, with Anzhi and Zenit St Petersburg leading the chase to sign him.

The Russian skipper has failed to produce his best form this season and was booed by his own fans when his name was read out before the FA Cup tie against Aston Villa last weekend.

But, despite his lack of first-team opportunities, Wenger admits he wants to keep him at the north London club and will not let him leave before the Russian transfer window closes on February 24.

When asked if Arshavin would be sold, Wenger said: "For me, no."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:03 pm

Lazio have convinced youth team prodigy Antonio Rozzi to sign a professional deal - staving off interest from Arsenal.

The Premier League club landed German youngster Thomas Eisfeld in January and reports in Italy have claimed that they were hoping to snap up striker Rozzi.

But the Rome-born 17-year-old has decided against leaving the Italian capital by signing his first professional deal with boyhood club Lazio.

Rozzi, who made his senior debut earlier this month, has scored nine goals in the club's youth team this season - attracting the attention of Arsenal and Italian clubs Roma and Juventus.

But, according to La Gazzette Dello Sport, he has now committed his future to the club which he joined as a five-year-old by penning a three-year deal.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is increasing scouting missions on the 17-year-old Frenchman dubbed "the new Patrice Evra".

Youth international Benjamin Mendy has been a revelation for Le Havre and is being monitored by a number of clubs, including Valencia and Bayern Munich.

Mendy is under contract until 2016 - but a release clause can be activated at around £3.5m.

Suarez will probably be against this signing Very Happy
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Arsenal are tracking Crewe Alexandra attacker Nick Powell.The People says Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger heads the queue to sign Crewe superkid Nick Powell - in a £1.25million deal for next season.

Wenger's chief scout Steve Rowley watched attacking midfielder Powell, 17, at Barnet just before the window shut.

The Gunners are keen to win the race, especially with Tottenham and Liverpool also on the trail of the teenager.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:06 pm

According to the Sunday Mirror,Benfica star Rodrigo Moreno is being tracked by Arsenal.Rodrigo,who had a loan spell at Bolton,is also being tracked by his former club Real Madrid.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Arsene Wenger hints he may reconsider his much-criticised transfer policy this summer - if Arsenal miss out on the Champions League for the first time in 15 years.(The Times)
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:17 pm

This is going to be another fun thread. drinking
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted his interest in Lille attacker Eden Hazard.

The 21-year-old has caught the eye with his performances in Ligue 1 for the French champions, for whom he has scored 38 times in 174 appearances.

And Wenger confessed he is a keen observer of the Belgian, who has been linked with several of Europe’s top clubs recently.

He told Belgian publication DH: “I really like him [Hazard] and, for several reasons: it's his creative power, his ability to mis-align the opponent, his vision of the game and his consummate skill to address the last pass which make him a very interesting player.”

Hazard has already amassed 25 caps for the Belgian national team and has scored 1 goal for Georges Leekens' side.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Nottingham Forest’s promising teenage defender Jamaal Lascelles is a target for Arsenal and Tottenham.

The Daily Mail says the struggling Championship club sold striker Patrick Bamford to Chelsea on deadline day, and Spurs do not want to miss out on the next big talent to come out of the club.

Arsenal failed with a £2million bid plus £3m in add-ons for Lascelles a year ago and are still closely monitoring the youngster.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Manchester United and Arsenal are ready to go head-to-head for Benfica's midfield enforcer Javi Garcia, according to Spanish newspaper AS.

It has been reported that the Premier League pair have both been keeping tabs on Garcia's progress since leaving Real Madrid for Portugal in 2009.

The former Spain under-21 international was deemed surplus to requirements at the Bernabeu but has flourished since his £5m move to Benfica.

Now United and Arsenal have reportedly stepped up their interest in Garcia as they look to bolster their midfield options.

Sir Alex Ferguson has been so bereft of players in central midfield that he was forced to tempt Paul Scholes to come out retirement.

Arsene Wenger could also be tempted to move for Garcia as he seeks more long-term replacements for Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri, who left in the summer.

It has been suggested that both sides would be willing to pay around £12m for the 24-year-old in the summer but Benfica will hold out for at least £15m.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:26 pm

Ernie is at it again :bow: :bow: :bow:
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Iceman wrote:Ernie is at it again :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks Fady.Just doing what I can,just like you were fiercely supporting AW in every possible thread for the last few weeks Very Happy
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:51 pm

Props Ernie, workhorse as usual Smile

But we'll probably end up signing Ljungberg/Pires/'Insert aging Arsenal legend here' back on loan and a 17 year old Bolivian wonderkid around which to build the club if we're following the same pattern as before.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:17 am

MJGunner wrote:Props Ernie, workhorse as usual Smile

But we'll probably end up signing Ljungberg/Pires/'Insert aging Arsenal legend here' back on loan and a 17 year old Bolivian wonderkid around which to build the club if we're following the same pattern as before.

The Bolivian wonder kid will be awesome though. Except he wont be able to get a work permit so we will send him on loan until we sell him.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:44 am

Chelsea face a battle to keep Daniel Sturridge after Arsenal took significant steps towards a shock summer swoop.
Sturridge, 22, is the Blues’ top-scoring forward this season with 10 goals, but sources close to the player claim he is not happy with his role as a right winger under Andre Villas-Boas.
And Arsenal’s influential chief scout Steve Rowley has put the wheels in motion to effect a surprise switch.

Sturridge wants to negotiate an improved contract, yet Chelsea are unwilling to do so as he still has two-and-a-half years left on his current deal.
And with the likes of Hulk and Edinson Cavani on Villas-Boas’ shopping list, Sturridge’s current wide role is likely to continue.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2097966/Arsenal-want-Chelseas-Daniel-Sturridge.html

Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:58 am

The Mexico international has struggled to make an impact during his Arsenal career and has scored 11 goals in 64 appearances, the majority of which have been as a substitute.

The striker has previously been out on loan at Salamanca, Osasuna and West Brom and is enjoying the current campaign with Sociedad.

Vela is happy to be back in La Liga and the 22-year-old is keen for a deal to be agreed between the two clubs to allow him to stay with Sociedad.

"I would stay at Real," Vela told El Diario Vasco. "I am happy and the people support me.

"I owe Arsenal affection and gratitude for the opportunity that they gave me, but I was not happy there and this affected my work.

"It was hard day to day and, when it came to training, I was thinking about going home. Here, however, I am happy and have made good friends."

Regarding staying at Sociedad, Vela added: "It is too early to talk about these issues, but I do not close the door to Real. But, if you cannot reach an agreement with Arsenal, you cannot do anything.

"As I said, I'm happy here and would like to help the team stay up. Then we'll see what happens in the summer. Right now, we cannot do anything even if we wanted to."

Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:51 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says Fulham attacker Mousa Dembele will be something special once he improves his finishing.

Dembele has attracted an offer from Tottenham in the last year.

“Dembele is a good dribbler. The final act? It will come with time,” said Wenger.

:?: :?:
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:52 pm

Arsenal are eyeing several of Barcelona's youngsters.

The Mirror says Barca are ready to offload 20-year-old forwards Isaac Cuenca and Cristian Tello and midfielder Jonathan Dos Santos, 21, to help fund the move for Tottenham star Gareth Bale and are also willing to propose a players-plus-cash deal.

They are prepared to listen to offers from England similar to the buy-back deal which took Oriol Romeu to Chelsea in the summer.Arsenal are watching developments on Cuenca and Tello.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:52 pm

Fiorentina youngster Matija Nastasic is interesting Arsenal.

The Daily Mail says Wenger is poised to continue his youth transfer policy in the summer with a move for Fiorentina’s Matija Nastasic.

The Serbia Under 21 defender, 18, has already made 15 appearances for the Serie A club.

How about a Chamakh-Matija swap? Afro
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Benfica are moving to secure Rodrigo Moreno to a new contract.

The winger is wanted back at former club Real Madrid, while Arsenal are also having him scouted this season.

Correio da Manha says Benfica management are aware of the growing interest and desperate not to lose the Spanish youngster in the summer.

Moreno is currently on €350,000-a-year, with his contract carrying a buyout clause of €20 million.

:lol!:
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:53 pm

CSKA Moscow president Yevgeny Giner says they intend to sell Seydou Doumbia at the end of the season.

Giner insists no offers have arrived for Doumbia during the Russian transfer window, but expects the transfer interest to intensify nearer to the summer market.

Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham have all made enquiries after the 24 year-old, whose scored a stunning 24 goals in just 30 games for CSKA.

“It is a dream for me to play in [the Premier League] one day," said Doumbia.

"Before I came [to Moscow], a big London club were interested in me. However, with work permit problems it was complicated.

"But I want to play in that league in my career. It would be a dream come true.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:54 pm

The race for Racing Club midfielder Claudio Ariel Yacob is heating up.

The 24 year-old is off contract in June and being linked with Arsenal and Manchester United.

Buenos Aries sources say both Premier League giants face competition from Benfica for the player, who has been likened to Barcelona's Javier Mascherano.

Yacob boasts a Spanish passport so making him even more attractive to Arsenal and United.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsenal goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski is open to a loan move.

With the European Championship being held in his home country this summer, the 26-year-old has revealed he could consider a short-term move from north London as he bids to oust Wojciech Szczesny from the national team.

"I want to play, and like we all do, I'll fight as hard as I can to get as many chances as possible," he said.

"It's a big few months for me - come on, the Euros don't come round in your home country very often in your career if at all, so it's important that I'm playing and giving myself a chance to be involved.

"I've spoken with the Poland manager and assistants - they know my situation so we'll see what happens.

"Playing regularly would really help me so the next few months are vital."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Zenit St Petersburg are reviving a bid for Arsenal midfielder Andrey Arshavin.

Zenit are stepping up their interest in Arsenal forward Arshavin after their star player was ruled out for eight months.

Portugal playmaker Danny Miguel tore his right anterior cruciate ligament at Zenit’s training camp in Italy - the second time he has suffered the injury.

The Russian champions were already keen on their former player Arshavin, 30, and now seem unlikely to want to wait until the summer to re-sign him.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next