Does Rodrigo Palacio deserve a call-up for the Argentina NT squad?

+9
flameas
Robespierre
danyjr
S
pUsHa
JAY-Z
zarola
Mr Nick09
BarrileteCosmico
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does Rodrigo Palacio deserve a call-up for the Argentina NT squad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Rodrigo Palacio deserve a call-up for the Argentina NT squad?

Post by Robespierre Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:16 pm

Yes I know it .... it was a simple comparison between players. I remember the debate between Inter fans when both were Inter's objectives ( during summer 2011) for the role of the inside forward. I preferred Palacio already at the time, but I I was among the few.

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Does Rodrigo Palacio deserve a call-up for the Argentina NT squad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Rodrigo Palacio deserve a call-up for the Argentina NT squad?

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:16 am

Betty La Fea wrote:
neuro11 wrote:whats wrong with Tevez??

I heard he had a falling out with Messi, and hasnt been selected since.

I don't think it has anything to do personally between the two. Its just a simple fact that the two playstyles do not mesh well at all, they both like to play outside the box and cut inside, this has not served Argentina well at all, most infamously in the Copa America.

If you asked me i would think Argentina has locked in both Messi (duh) and Lavezzi which i agree is an overrated player, but he is one of the few Argentina forwards that naturally drifts wide and spreads out the play, like Pedro. Ideally i would also have another kind of forward that drifts wide to the other wing like Tello, but i don't know any. Maybe the idea behind Palacio is the fact that he might start on the CF position and actually drift wide opening space for Lionel.

Regardless i think Sabella is on the right track of actually thinking of a team that can be centered to Lionels needs instead of just cramming the "best" forwards upfront.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2