Ganso
pUsHa
McLewis
MJ
37 posters

Page 22 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Who did you choose as Male Shepard?

Mass Effect Thread  - Page 22 Vote_lcap28%Mass Effect Thread  - Page 22 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 5 ]
Mass Effect Thread  - Page 22 Vote_lcap17%Mass Effect Thread  - Page 22 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]
Mass Effect Thread  - Page 22 Vote_lcap28%Mass Effect Thread  - Page 22 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 5 ]
Mass Effect Thread  - Page 22 Vote_lcap17%Mass Effect Thread  - Page 22 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]
Mass Effect Thread  - Page 22 Vote_lcap10%Mass Effect Thread  - Page 22 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 18

Mass Effect Thread  - Page 22 Empty Re: Mass Effect Thread

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:40 pm

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Batman Vs Superman was a good film
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Freeza wrote:69

Unreal movies influence in this post.

But seriously it would have to be Batman vs Superman levels of bad for this game to get a 69.

Even horrendous games get mid 70s.

It's basically McAgger ratings.

"Worst movie I've watched all year.

I give it 7.1"
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:01 pm

80-83.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:02 pm

RealGunner wrote:Batman Vs Superman was a good film

The ultimate cut was. The theatrical cut was weird, but I enjoyed it alot.

All the hate it gets is due to preferences (at least the UC) and not the quality of the story, characters and filmmaking.

I'll get Mass Effect if the gameplay is good though. Couldn't care less about nerds wanting more Rule 34 appropriate characters so they can fap their sorrows away.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:13 pm

Mass Effect was always about story, lore and characters for me. Hope they are at least half as good as they were in the first two games.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:33 pm

anyone know when the Embargo ends

hope it's not the day of release because I'm still tempted to get this and this is one of the few times when revies will determine if I do or not
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:35 pm

Monday.

I cancelled my pre order because it was cutting it too close.

Shopto would probably dispatch on Monday and if i don't get positive answers to quest design and story quality then i'm getting Persona instead.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:37 pm

release is Thursday I think, just re-order it Monday night and you will get it wednesday

that's what I'll do most likely
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:41 pm

That's the plan if i get a positive reaction to the questions i want.

But if i left it i was shit scared of it dispatching before i got a chance to cancel.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:54 am

Reviews don't seem to quell my fears at all tbh, combat seems to be fun though.

Don't think i'm getting it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:31 am

Holy shit. It's getting some really mediocre reviews.

"Mass Effect: Andromeda is Dragon Age: Inquisition in space"

6/10 - GameSpot

7.7/10 - IGN

6.5/10 - Destructoid

75 on metacritic
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:37 am

I'm really pissed because i wanted to like it so much lol.

Not even just the scores either, some of the things said are really concerning.

The first trilogy was so *bleep* good as well.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:40 am

Quite a lot of people seem to be pissed off that they're pushing a SJW agenda, like they did with DA: Inquisition Razz I didn't mind it that much, personally.. but it was pretty cringy when one of the female story characters started talking about taking a piss while standing up, and that massive main character who talks about being gay when you talk to him. I don't know why they go to such lengths to appease the feminists and SJWs.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:25 pm

RealGunner wrote:Holy shit. It's getting some really mediocre reviews.

"Mass Effect: Andromeda is Dragon Age: Inquisition in space"

6/10 - GameSpot

7.7/10 - IGN

6.5/10 - Destructoid

75 on metacritic

lool

Bioware are done man. Mass Effect was such a groundbreaking series so it's a shame but I figured it would be like this. (the DA: I comparisons anyway, not having such a low metacritic)

ain't nobody got time for this
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:26 pm

Thimmy wrote:Quite a lot of people seem to be pissed off that they're pushing a SJW agenda, like they did with DA: Inquisition Razz I didn't mind it that much, personally.. but it was pretty cringy when one of the female story characters started talking about taking a piss while standing up, and that massive main character who talks about being gay when you talk to him. I don't know why they go to such lengths to appease the feminists and SJWs.

so many games are doing this nowadays, I have no issue when it comes off natural but yeah, pure eye-rolling stuff when they just shoehorn it in because 'look at how progressive we are!' smh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:30 pm

Thimmy wrote:Quite a lot of people seem to be pissed off that they're pushing a SJW agenda, like they did with DA: Inquisition Razz I didn't mind it that much, personally.. but it was pretty cringy when one of the female story characters started talking about taking a piss while standing up, and that massive main character who talks about being gay when you talk to him. I don't know why they go to such lengths to appease the feminists and SJWs.

They're not appeasing anyone, you think they're afraid of being criticized by a bunch of whiny gender-fluid tumblr morons ? personally i don't buy their faux-progressivism, everything they do is agenda driven and they're deliberately pushing this BS stuff, not exactly sure what they're to achieve though, maybe combining liberal values with capitalism?
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:40 pm

I was excited to play my first ME game ffs Sad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:51 pm

RealGunner wrote:I was excited to play my first ME game ffs Sad
Time to try mans rpg http://www.goallegacy.net/t40095-morrowind-today-laughs-at-your-modern-rpg
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Not on PS4 lol

Will get Skyrim soon though.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:I was excited to play my first ME game ffs Sad

by the time you finish your backlog Andromeda 2 will be out and hopefully good tbh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Mole. I have followed your anticipation of MEA and am just as disappointed as you are. Always awful when a game comes out you cannot wait for but ends up falling flat. Always have that feeling when it comes to Metal Gear but thankfully Kojima has not disappointed. Speaking of Lead Designers, you must understand Mass Effect Trilogy's lead Casey Hudson departed in the middle of this game if not before to leave what was a head writer in Mass Effect and no experience in leading any game, take on the project.

Based on what I've seen it isnt one of those games that is just average in all areas but stellar in some but flat in others or just by the standards this trilogy has created.

Huge huge disappointment and Bioware was cooked right when EA took over. The cringeworthy pro(re)gressivism, developers more focused on politics than anything, lack of talent and effort put into fundamentals is just criminal. They have to answer for this.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:33 pm

seeing praise for the combat and environments but most publications are shitting on the writing and quests

which means I'm definitely out, I never liked or cared about the combat in Mass Effect, was all  about immersing myself in the story, gameplay sections were just to get me to the next cutscene
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:35 pm

It's just the original trilogy was so good that it's disappointing that this is seemingly very meh.

I'll get over it considering there's plenty of other games out there but yeah it's a disappointing feeling.
Arquitescu wrote:Mole. I have followed your anticipation of MEA and am just as disappointed as you are. Always awful when a game comes out you cannot wait for but ends up falling flat. Always have that feeling when it comes to Metal Gear but thankfully Kojima has not disappointed. Speaking of Lead Designers, you must understand Mass Effect Trilogy's lead Casey Hudson departed in the middle of this game if not before to leave what was a head writer in Mass Effect and no experience in leading any game, take on the project.

Based on what I've seen it isnt one of those games that is just average in all areas but stellar in some but flat in others or just by the standards this trilogy has created.

Huge huge disappointment and Bioware was cooked right when EA took over. The cringeworthy pro(re)gressivism, developers more focused on politics than anything, lack of talent and effort put into fundamentals is just criminal. They have to answer for this.

Bit in bold i completely agree with, there's some aspects i have read which i really like but i simply cannot ignore the negative aspects especially when i feel like they have got things wrong which are very, very important.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's just the original trilogy was so good that it's disappointing that this is seemingly very meh.

I'll get over it considering there's plenty of other games out there but yeah it's a disappointing feeling.
Arquitescu wrote:Mole. I have followed your anticipation of MEA and am just as disappointed as you are. Always awful when a game comes out you cannot wait for but ends up falling flat. Always have that feeling when it comes to Metal Gear but thankfully Kojima has not disappointed. Speaking of Lead Designers, you must understand Mass Effect Trilogy's lead Casey Hudson departed in the middle of this game if not before to leave what was a head writer in Mass Effect and no experience in leading any game, take on the project.

Bit in bold i completely agree with, there's some aspects i have read which i really like but i simply cannot ignore the negative aspects especially when i feel like they have got things wrong which are very, very important.

I would wait for more opinions to see if its worth buying as its one of those polarising games even if below the standard of Mass Effect, and would buy it if it has the same feel of ME and not a different aura because keep in mind Hudson was the main man behind it and this is a new team with one of those cringeworthy happy-go-lucky type developers who seem all positive about inconsequential BS but have no idea what their doing. If its rushed and half-assed as it is then maybe the patches (seemingly an excuse) and their effectiveness will have to wait.

Bioware is like Ubisoft now in their typical developers and politically driven progressive selection instead of merit or talent. Hudson has not a bad game on his resume and this new man has proven to be a scrub.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:50 pm

In general my main concerns where quest design being incredibly fetchy and monotonous.

Side characters being incredibly boring, story being bad ( although i haven't seen enough confirmed about this to know) and the main character not living up to Commander Shepherd.

Reviews pretty much confirm all these concerns are coming to light, what it seemingly does well is the experimentation with builds, combat seems varied, fast, encourages movement and exploration seems legitimately fun.

I'll probably get it cheap at some point but there's too many issues with what matters to me in a Mass Effect game to get it right away.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next