Lex
billionmillion
che
Le Samourai
paperbackwriter
32 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Messi GOAT claimers who hate on CR7... - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi GOAT claimers who hate on CR7...

Post by Ganso Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:54 am

Swagg_Johnson wrote:Messi can end all of this 'GOAT debate' by moving abroad and maintaining his excellence..

But is he man enough?

hmm
no need to move abroad,im pretty sure that the only reason people doubt his GOAT status is because of the Argentinian NT

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Messi GOAT claimers who hate on CR7... - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi GOAT claimers who hate on CR7...

Post by S Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:55 am

Man these Englishmen :facepalm: I'm sure you guys would have a different perspective if England wouldnt bottle it tournament over tournament ,its almost become a joke.

Please dont hide your dissapointment by saying you dont care about WC anymore cuz you have just about come to the conclusion that England team is simply not good enough.

Anyways i dont wanna divert from the topic.Point is how good has he been for Argentina as far as International tournaments are concerned ?Has he truly been an inspiration ?Is he leading Argentina from the front ?

There are the same old excuses like the coach is retarded ,management is incompetent ,and ofcourse the system is not right.

And thereby you are just implying that Messi needs a proper system in place to truly come good at NT level.That is what it seems to me.

Add to that the building Barca pressure by every passing day as people expect him to do atleast half of what he does at Barca and constantly crucified if he fails to do that as evidenced by the Copa America perfomances.

So all in all either he has to leave Barca to avoid constant comparison and criticism or you just need a touch of Messi inspirational magic for Argentina.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:55 am

paperbackwriter wrote:All I want to see really is Messi turning games where his team are under siege for 90 minutes instead of the other way around. A game where ha play for a team that doesn't have 70 % of the ball in a CL final. I want to see him play a game like the one Zidane had against Brazil in 2006. Where his team isn't the favorites, rather the opposite, but still one magical 90 minutes performance from Messi turns the odds...

I pretty much I agree with this. Of course even though he plays for the best team I still consider Messi the best in the world, but seeing him play in another team like Inter/Milan/Chelsea etc... if he achieves the same there then he would easily be on the of the greatest ever.

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:57 am

paperbackwriter wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
bhends wrote:But surely you recognize the difference between the "group" or "category" of players mentioned as top players and the two names mentioned as "THE" greatest player....
Absolutely, but when I talk about Messi being GOAT I mean it as belonging to that category. The debate of who is THE best player in history is silly to have before Messi turns 30, imo.

This is exactly what alot of your fellow Barcafans are claiming. Not "up there among them" but "GOAT!!!!!".

Very true, But Platini was an exceptional player in his own right.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:58 am

Napoli had some awesome players besides Maradona btw.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:00 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Napoli had some awesome players besides Maradona btw.
Not disagreeing, but not Xaviesta level players.

Anyways, how come Madrid fans want to see Messi outisde La Liga? Why Chelsea, Juve and Milan instead of Valencia? :lucas:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:00 am

Carenca :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:01 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Anyways, how come Madrid fans want to see Messi outisde La Liga? Why Chelsea, Juve and Milan instead of Valencia? :lucas:

Because that would be a little to unfair for Messi brah.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

How about Levante? They're set for CL football next year :lucas:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:03 am

If Messi wants a real challenge he should go to Atletico lolol.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:04 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Man these Englishmen :facepalm: I'm sure you guys would have a different perspective if England wouldnt bottle it tournament over tournament ,its almost become a joke.

Please dont hide your dissapointment by saying you dont care about WC anymore cuz you have just about come to the conclusion that England team is simply not good enough.

Which "Englishmen" are you refering to here ?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:05 am

Ganso wrote:
Swagg_Johnson wrote:Messi can end all of this 'GOAT debate' by moving abroad and maintaining his excellence..

But is he man enough?

hmm
no need to move abroad,im pretty sure that the only reason people doubt his GOAT status is because of the Argentinian NT

Not for me.. He needs to boss more than 1 league to be the GOAT..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:07 am

[quote="RealGunner"]
Surag.Blueguy wrote:Man these Englishmen :facepalm: I'm sure you guys would have a different perspective if England wouldnt bottle it tournament over tournament ,its almost become a joke.

Mole in particular.Also even Cyber not so long ago who brands international tournaments as a joke.I'm not sure he is English though.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:09 am

[quote="Surag.Blueguy"]
RealGunner wrote:

Mole in particular.Also even Cyber not so long ago who brands international tournaments as a joke.I'm not sure he is English though.
hes scottish or irish,cant remember
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:10 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:

then the correct term would be

" Mole :facepalm: "

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:11 am

Ok i am sorry for generalizing..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:12 am

I don't know about this goat thing.

all i know is he is destroying us every time we play Barca and there is no way to stop him.

Edited./
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:16 am

Zeal if Messi had been at Levante earlier this season they might've had a 15 point gap at one point Very Happy
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:20 am

how high do you guys rate messi next to ronaldo(brazilian) because i personally rate messi lower.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:25 am

nichabr wrote:how high do you guys rate messi next to ronaldo(brazilian) because i personally rate messi lower.

+1
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:29 am

Ronaldo was the best player I've ever seen...but he doesnt belong in GOAT discussions because his club level accomplishments are very sub-par
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:31 am

bhends wrote:Ronaldo was the best player I've ever seen...but he doesnt belong in GOAT discussions because his club level accomplishments are very sub-par

Who needs accomplishments when you school everybody on the pitch?

:dance:

Plus you know you're a boss when you win 'Player of the Year' awards without much club silverware

banana

Last edited by Swagg_Johnson on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:33 am

Surag i said CL is now a higher level than WC and quite frankly i dont see how anyone can disagree......

WC has been meh since 86.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:38 am

Mole stop preaching nonsense. The WC has not been meh since 1986...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:47 am

SAF agrees with me, is he talking nonsense too?

Maybe meh was a bit strong but the level of of football is well below the CL and has been for a very long time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:50 am

The level of football is lower because you cant buy success in the WC like you can in the CL

....which is yet another reason why its better
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next