Yeezus
schwarzgelb
McLewis
Twoism
Le Samourai
31 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

The Official Indie/Alternative thread. - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Indie/Alternative thread.

Post by Thimmy Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:21 pm

cheers 

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Indie/Alternative thread. - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Indie/Alternative thread.

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:14 am

Listening to Beach House...easily a top 5 artist I've heard in the last year or so (probably been a year and a half at this point).

Would highly, highly suggest them. I know I've posted some of their stuff in here before.

@Thimmy: I like it Thumbs up

Good indie, upbeat music.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:58 pm

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:28 am

It's been a while, hasn't it?

Going to see this girl Friday in Milwaukee. Will be my first concert!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:46 am

Enjoy CB! First heard St Vincent a few months ago, quite good though I haven't listened to the whole album yet.

dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:01 am

I'm excited. The first of many, I'm sure...if I like the experience, which I'm sure I will.

I'm not even the biggest fan, I just recently heard her...and I like her, but I've heard a couple different artists recently I'm even more fans of, but someone asked me if I wanted to go, and I said sure.

I know him, but not so well. We have really similar music tastes, so we communicate back and forth about music, and he's dating a woman I've gotten to be good friends with, but I just met him first late last year, and I'm not very good friends with him. I ordinarily would say no, I thought it would be weird...going down 1 and a bit more hours down to Milwaukee and back and watching a concert with him, but I decided to not take the safe option this time. It will be a great experience hopefully and a good way to get to know someone better, and maybe a lasting friendship can come about.

I'll let you guys know how it goes, and chances are I'll come back with some new stuff in the days after that we listened to.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:03 am

Ohh I forgot to say. It was absolutely amazing. Such a great experience, I'm sooo glad I went. Definitely will take other opportunities in the future to go see concerts, and I would go see St. Vincent again if she were ever in the area. The guy I was with has been to a couple concerts, so he has a bit of perspective, and he said it was crazy, and that for a first concert I'm unlikely to see much better. He wanted to see it partially because NPR music said she was one of the best shows at south by southwest (music festival) and it's clear why they said so.

It was in this old style ballroom with a large floor and a stage at one end. We got there pretty early so we were fairly close. St. Vincent sounds great in the studio, but sounds even better live, and the energy she had was incredible, and made an electric atmosphere. Amazing guitar player, too. Did a lot of improv guitar stuff that you don't hear in the studio versions.

Anyway, it was awesome. If St.Vincent is in your area, even if you only half like her stuff, I would recommend seeing her. I wasn't even a huge fan of her before the concert, I liked her stuff, but didn't love it, but I really enjoyed it.

CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:22 am

Really glad you had a great time CB!

Incidentally I also went to see a concert last night and I had a very similar experience. I went to see Kodaline, an Irish band, play at the Prince bandroom and unlike Temper Trap, this was a very small, intimate environment and we were only a few metres away from the band and you really got to appreciate their stage presence, audience interaction and talent as a live band. They had a fantastic rapport with the crowd, as evidenced by their acoustic encore which included the audience in the performance.

Unbelievably loud though, the issue with being so close to a band is that your hearing is permanently damaged within the first ten minutes of the concert. Laughing We arrived too late to see much of the supporting act, the Trouble with Templeton, but just looking through some of their songs they seem quite decent.

dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:02 am

Ahh Kodaline, very nice. I was probably a bit farther back than a couple meters, but not more than that. Also worth mentioning is that she did a tribute to Nirvana, playing Lithium as one of the last songs-- it was amazing. I'm glad as well to hear you had a good time.

Whenever I have a choice to get out of my comfort zone and do something different, even if I'm on the edge with it...and I choose to do so, I've always been rewarded. Life is funny like that.

Anyway, here is a good song by the singer of Bright Eyes, Conor Oberst.

Conor Oberst - Hundreds of Ways:

Wish this thread would get a bit more exposure and participation, but I guess I've been slacking lately, too. Will have to get on that, I guess!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:47 am

Some stuff from the band of the singer I just mentioned, Bright Eyes.

First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes:

This next song is very sad, and would be great to listen to in the right mood...anyway, I find it a fantastic song. Very powerful...Conor Oberst has exactly the type of voice to pull off a song like this.

Land Locked Blues - Bright Eyes:

This next song is along the same lines.

Poison Oak - Bright Eyes:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:44 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 01, 2014 3:21 pm

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Thu May 01, 2014 4:12 pm

think most of u guys would have heard this at one stage or another, if not then hope you guys enjoy it  Proud This video has fkloads more views than the official video lol 

heard this from the season finale of Shameless, the song worked really well with the scene and now im hooked on this song (i can barely make out the lyrics, but still really like it )
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 01, 2014 11:17 pm

Spoiler:

Warning for the Kiddies, that is their real band name.

Love the acoustics of this track. Heard it first on one of the episodes of the Blacklist.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 02, 2014 4:40 am

Milk Carton Kids - Michigan:

Milk Carton Kids - Hear Them Loud:

Hope the second of two isn't a re-post. These guys are so good though. Amazing indie folk duo. They aren't particularly unknown (receiving a grammy nomination in the past for best folk album), but they are indie and they certainly are brilliant. I've heard some of their stuff before but never delved deep into them, but tonight I listened to their full album Ash and Clay and part of Prologue and was stunned by how good they are.

If you're into folk, these guys are one of the best groups out there today as far as I'm concerned.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 02, 2014 5:25 am

Jake Bugg - Broken:

This song is fantastic, and the artist worth listening to. Jake Bugg is also an amazing artist too.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat May 03, 2014 9:30 am

Thimmy wrote:

I recently found out that it's a guy who's singing this song, lol. Whenever I heard it on the car radio, I always assumed that it was a woman Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun May 11, 2014 8:24 am

Amazing cover here! :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:44 am

Time to kick start this thread again!

So Long See You Tomorrow is a fantastic album by Bombay Bicycle Club, highly recommend you guys check it out

Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:37 pm

That Arctic monkeys cover was brilliant.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:41 am

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:46 am

elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:43 am

:bow:

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:00 pm

Help me keep the music threads alive, you scrubs!

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:20 pm

Kinda sucks that they broke up
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:27 am

It's been too long since I've posted stuff in here, so I promise to start occasionally hitting this thread up with some new stuff (y).

What better way to kickstart such an occasion with a single off of Sufjan Stevens' new album "Carrie and Lowell"? This song is beautiful, and the transition in the middle of the song is absolutely incredible to me--both stylistically and the way in which it is executed.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about this new album, and I've heard the first couple songs and love it. I look forward to hearing the rest. I'll probably put out some older Sufjan stuff too since I've gotten into him not too long ago (after knowing I should have for over a year).

Not indie, but definitely alternative. Either way, worth checking out as I'm delighted to have started listening to him recently.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next