It's sad that we cannot discuss a difficult topic in a level headed manner.

5 posters

Go down

It's sad that we cannot discuss a difficult topic in a level headed manner. Empty It's sad that we cannot discuss a difficult topic in a level headed manner.

Post by Nirgal Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:12 pm

The Suarez thread was interesting. It allowed you to get personal opinions from people of a topic that is considered to be too controversial to talk most of the times.

It also allowed me (even though i don't think I was paid much attention to) to explain the situation from the perspective of the culture that the player has grown up in.

but it was closed before any other more known Argentine or Uruguayan poster could have said anything which I think could have cleared things up a bit.

anyway, I just want to say that I consider it would be better to post a few specific warnings before a thread is closed instead of stoping what could have been an interesting and longer thread.

Last edited by Nirgal on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

It's sad that we cannot discuss a difficult topic in a level headed manner. Empty Re: It's sad that we cannot discuss a difficult topic in a level headed manner.

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:13 pm

"Interesting", "Level headed" ?

the thread was going around in ciricles for 14 pages straight.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

It's sad that we cannot discuss a difficult topic in a level headed manner. Empty Re: It's sad that we cannot discuss a difficult topic in a level headed manner.

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:14 pm

RealGunner wrote:

the thread was going around in ciricles for 14 pages straight.

^^

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:15 pm

I know I simply think a couple of warnings could have corrected that.
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Nirgal wrote:I know I simply think a couple of warnings could have corrected that.

I somehow highly, highly doubt that lol

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:18 pm

english_jewel wrote:
Nirgal wrote:I know I simply think a couple of warnings could have corrected that.

I somehow highly, highly doubt that lol

Well you have to at least try. Otherwise we only get to discuss topics that aren't emotionally engaging.
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:24 pm

not like like its different anywhere else....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Ganso wrote:not like like its different anywhere else....

it's true, but this forum strikes me as with generally more courteous people than most. I think we can achieve that.

To put an example, not long ago I made a thread about homosexuality in football and it was much more polite than I expected or that I would have got in most other forums.

Last edited by Nirgal on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:29 pm

RealGunner deceived me...

I lost a lengthy post in that thread after I tried to preview my post and now I'll never get it back.

You owe me a nice dinner if I ever make it out to England. Please PM which trams I should avoid :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:36 pm

dont worry the lock is temporary. I will re open the thread after discussing with others

Tetra, sure Very Happy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:44 pm

RealGunner wrote:dont worry the lock is temporary. I will re open the thread after discussing with others

Tetra, sure Very Happy

Thanks

And i will not oppose locking if it continues to be so ill-tempered
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:49 pm

back open

this thread will be deleted in 10 mins
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:19 pm

DOMA.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down