B.NEWS : SKY - Quagliarella to start in first 11 against Udine !

+10
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Juventude
BoBo
inderbaby
LWL91
juventus101
Juventino89
The_ItalianFool
Luca
DeviAngel
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

B.NEWS : SKY - Quagliarella to start in first 11 against Udine !  Empty B.NEWS : SKY - Quagliarella to start in first 11 against Udine !

Post by DeviAngel Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:52 pm

B.NEWS : SKY - Quagliarella to start in first 11 against Udine !  388757_219966818077700_113946692013047_502684_1345195740_n
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

B.NEWS : SKY - Quagliarella to start in first 11 against Udine !  Empty Re: B.NEWS : SKY - Quagliarella to start in first 11 against Udine !

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:03 pm

Called this due to the needed work rate of Pepe and Estigarribia
Conte you wonderful man :bow:

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

B.NEWS : SKY - Quagliarella to start in first 11 against Udine !  Empty Re: B.NEWS : SKY - Quagliarella to start in first 11 against Udine !

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Nice. I think Conte is really smart.

If you understand Italian, just the way that he talks shows he is smart, let alone his decisions for the team. Has a lot on his mind, takes his time, and say one or two very specific sentences.

Forza Conte!
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventino89 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Guys I am a little worried. What if Quag gets his form of last year(Im sure he will) and matri keeps scoring who of those 2 are we going to bench?
Juventino89
Juventino89
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:12 pm

This is gonna be one of out toughest games for sure. I think we should play with Quags on the left so he can cut in on his right foot, Matri through the middle, and Elia on the right. That would be awesome.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:23 pm

Elia should get a chance to shine soon.. One of the subs should be Elia, if we want to keep him though January we owe him a final chance to prove his worth..
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:24 pm

It just won't happen against Udinese away, I expected to see Elia against Novara to be honest

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:25 pm

Forza Juve...bring it on :shisha:

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:26 pm

True.. Me 2. Hard to tell if Elia is satisfied or if he'll look for regular playing time then.. Glad to see Quagliagol though!!
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:29 pm

I don't blame him either way, I hope he stays and breaks in

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Elia and Quag on the wings means not a lot of tracking back on either side. Too attacking if you ask me
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Im exited to see how Quags does alone up front compared to Matri who really sucks with no Vuci.

And im sure if Quagliarella does well tomorrow then he will be very close to being first choice... forza Quags
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:05 pm

BoBo wrote:Im exited to see how Quags does alone up front compared to Matri who really sucks with no Vuci.

And im sure if Quagliarella does well tomorrow then he will be very close to being first choice... forza Quags

Yup. Matri was our first choice because he was fit and in a good period of form. Quagliarella is, in my opinion, a more complete player who have proved more over his career (and is two years older then Matri). Matri is class, but as you said only next to a SS such as Vucinic.. Quagliarella is lighter and faster then Matri - ideal for the current situation
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:20 pm

LWL91 wrote:
BoBo wrote:Im exited to see how Quags does alone up front compared to Matri who really sucks with no Vuci.

Yup. Matri was our first choice because he was fit and in a good period of form. Quagliarella is, in my opinion, a more complete player who have proved more over his career (and is two years older then Matri). Matri is class, but as you said only next to a SS such as Vucinic.. Quagliarella is lighter and faster then Matri - ideal for the current situation

Exactly Quags is more complete to play in any role matri is only a striker but im sad to see him being wasted because of a system we were never meant to play anyway... I like my juve with 2 strikers up front i dont even care for the much apriciated SS role
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:33 pm

BoBo wrote:
LWL91 wrote:

Exactly Quags is more complete to play in any role matri is only a striker but im sad to see him being wasted because of a system we were never meant to play anyway... I like my juve with 2 strikers up front i dont even care for the much apriciated SS role

Well. In a 4-3-3 you can have 3 strikers depending on how the match is working out Razz
But yes. I proclaimed that Matri-Quagliarella partnership would be fantastic in the summer, when we debated who of Matri and Quagliarella, Marotta should sign permanently. We got them both but they've never really played together..? Or am i missing a match or something? As far as i recall, thats for sure Very Happy

4-3-3 is more suitable for modern football then 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 is. In a 4-3-3 the fullbacks can come forward and teams such as barca can introduce their powerplay and win with a bigger margin because of the many chances created. It's quite similar to Conte's idea of dominating the game (in terms of possession and chances created not goals) The reason Barca is doing so well and part of the reason why Messi is the worlds' best is that he is not the same kind of striker most people would think of as a striker. Messi is build as a winger, not a goalscorer, but his immense talent and suited tactics makes him the best in the world. Maradona claims you need to win something with your national team too before you can be awarded that title, truth is he can't play like he does in barca because the tactics are very different. Messi was introduced to Barcelonas first team as the left or right winger in the 4-3-3

Last edited by LWL91 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:34 pm

Quag's intelligent runs will be great in our current system
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:46 pm

[/quote]

Well. In a 4-3-3 you can have 3 strikers depending on how the match is working out Razz
But yes. I proclaimed that Matri-Quagliarella partnership would be fantastic in the summer, when we debated who of Matri and Quagliarella, Marotta should sign permanently. We got them both but they've never really played together..? Or am i missing a match or something? As far as i recall, thats for sure Very Happy

4-3-3 is more suitable for modern football then 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 is. In a 4-3-3 the fullbacks can come forward and teams such as barca can introduce their powerplay and win with a bigger margin because of the many chances created. It's quite similar to Conte's idea of dominating the game (in terms of possession and chances created not goals) The reason Barca is doing so well and part of the reason why Messi is the worlds' best is that he is not the same kind of striker most people would think of as a striker. Messi is build as a winger, not a goalscorer, but his immense talent and suited tactics makes him the best in the world. Maradona claims you need to win something with your national team too before you can be awarded that title, truth is he can't play like he does in barca because the tactics are very different. Messi was introduced to Barcelonas first team as the left or right winger in the 4-3-3[/quote]

True it is but i dont like the fact that a modern 4-3-3 is really a 4-5-1 i would be pleased if Conte played a 4-3-1-2 or a straight 4-3-3 with Vuci-Matri-Del P and i think Mourinho made it work when Inter won somthing so thoose mentioned tactics should also be kind of modern and build to win
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Juventino89 wrote:Guys I am a little worried. What if Quag gets his form of last year(Im sure he will) and matri keeps scoring who of those 2 are we going to bench?

You shouldn't be worried. Great teams need multiple quality forwards. If this team gets into European competition next season, we will need all of our strikers to be in-form. Look at any of the rosters of the top teams in each league and see how many quality forwards are in the squad. Juve needs Matri and Quags to be great.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:28 pm

BoBo wrote:True it is but i dont like the fact that a modern 4-3-3 is really a 4-5-1 i would be pleased if Conte played a 4-3-1-2 or a straight 4-3-3 with Vuci-Matri-Del P and i think Mourinho made it work when Inter won somthing so thoose mentioned tactics should also be kind of modern and build to win

if you play with 3 strikers who does not track back you leave no space for the midfielders but to defend. Marchisio would never be able to continue his current form and we could end up replacing Pirlo for a more defending midfielder perhaps..

4-3-2-1 would be perfect when Giovinco returns but at the moment we have too many wingers to imply such a centralized system with out current players..
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:29 pm

This formation is not from SKY, and SKY has not reported anything yet on the formation. In fact, SKY is currently saying Matri is playing over Quags...

Devi, I'd really like to know where you got the report of SKY claiming this.

According to their website... it's Matri.

http://sport.sky.it/sport/statistiche/calcio/2011_2012/serie_a/squadre/juventus.html

And how is this breaking news? He started last game... impressed... scored a goal... if he starts again it's expected to happen, nothing surprising.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:32 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:Quag's intelligent runs will be great in our current system

I completely disagree, his runs have nothing to do with the 4-3-3 in relation to Matri. Matri is intelligent in this system how he is able to find open space and score the goals he had this season. If you didn't notice Quags last game, he was more of the playmaker even though he was playing up top. He barely made runs in comparison to Matri. Del Piero was the one doing the runs. Quags however in this system is great, but Matri is superior as he has two players beside him. When we play a 4-2-3-1, with a lone striker, then Quags fits better.

LWL91 wrote:
BoBo wrote:True it is but i dont like the fact that a modern 4-3-3 is really a 4-5-1 i would be pleased if Conte played a 4-3-1-2 or a straight 4-3-3 with Vuci-Matri-Del P and i think Mourinho made it work when Inter won somthing so thoose mentioned tactics should also be kind of modern and build to win

if you play with 3 strikers who does not track back you leave no space for the midfielders but to defend. Marchisio would never be able to continue his current form and we could end up replacing Pirlo for a more defending midfielder perhaps..

4-3-2-1 would be perfect when Giovinco returns but at the moment we have too many wingers to imply such a centralized system with out current players..

Can we forget centralizing the system? Sure it's better, but we can't as said. The 4-3-3 is a great system in which is more like a 4-1-2-3 with the '2' being put more back. This was the formation we'd been asking for, and the formation we've saw Conte play back in the day.

With Giovinco returining he can fit in either role, basically what Giaccherini does, Giovinco can do, and better.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:38 pm

Luca wrote:It just won't happen against Udinese away, I expected to see Elia against Novara to be honest

I guess you didn't see Conte's press conference?

Go to 5:37, then listen to Conte's answer.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:51 pm

LWL91 wrote:

I think Marchisio would strive in a straight up 4-3-3 the strikers should leave him plenty of room and i could not care less if pirlo was to step aside for a more defensive guy we would still have Vidal too

I dont care about the wingers most of them suck anyway Del Piero would be as good as Gio behind 2 strikers but anyways i still prefer the 4-4-2 so no point in me defending the 4-3-3 system i just mentioned it in comparison to the 4-5-1 or 4-5-1-0 at lot of teams are playing at the moment
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:59 pm

Most of our wingers suck?

Two be honest, only two of them 'suck', and that is Giaccherini and Pepe and yet their in good form. Though we can use or get better, like Giovinco for instance, a wingers are always esstential to this system.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:01 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:This formation is not from SKY, and SKY has not reported anything yet on the formation. In fact, SKY is currently saying Matri is playing over Quags...

Devi, I'd really like to know where you got the report of SKY claiming this.

According to their website... it's Matri.

http://sport.sky.it/sport/statistiche/calcio/2011_2012/serie_a/squadre/juventus.html

And how is this breaking news? He started last game... impressed... scored a goal... if he starts again it's expected to happen, nothing surprising.

I agree. Just logically, this report didn't add up for me. Quags was basically starting for Matri because of the short rest from the mid-week Roma match-up. I find it hard to believe that Conte would start Quags again on three days rest when he has a rested Matri at his disposal. Both are great strikers that will, hopefully, be rotated when the team has a few days between matches.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next