RealGunner
aford92
Eman
35 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

MMA/UFC Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: MMA/UFC Thread

Post by dmize Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:48 pm

I'm talking about the whole card. The last fight of the prelims, Matt Brown(why was he fighting in prelims i know he lost back to back but still) got lit up a couple times right away by Means until he got him in a guillotine.

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:53 pm

Oh word! I just saw the event without the prelims and all that. I ain't got time for it all. I spent most of yesterday trying to catch up on a bunch of fights I missed.

I actually got woozy when Lawler landed that last shot in McDonald. Jesus, I can't watch that - it was ok until he took the last punch and he had to cover up.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:02 pm

I usually just skip through prelims seeing if there was a crazy fight but I had to pay attention to that fight. Brown-Condit needs to happen if he beats Maia. I don't think he will though.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:30 am

"Before a recent interview with Australia's News 7, Ronda Rousey's PR team said she'd walk out if they asked her about her fighting career."

Really? :facepalm:

She's a fckin UFC fighter. What the fock else should they ask her then?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:57 am

Lawler vs Condit was a great fight! I've been a Condit hater since the Nick Diaz fight, and when I started the fight I so badly wanted Lawler to win. That 5th round was bananas and I actually stood up and gave a round of applause. All that being said, I truly feel Condit should have won that fight. He earned my respect and the way he put combinations together was pure beauty.

Man I missed some crazy events.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:26 pm

https://youtu.be/O6hAm0LC7dA

When two great men meet.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:19 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:06 am

Official Weigh-in @ 32:48

ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:12 am

UFC's McGregor, Diaz trash talk each other, then one walks out Laughing

ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:20 am

You should work writing newspaper headlines. Where exactly was the trash talk? The Diaz brothers are know for not being very big on public speaking and the whole interview was business/money related.

On topic: I'm excited for the fight. I just want to see this guys go toe to toe until one man hits the canvas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:22 am

I'm hyped for the Miller vs Sanchez fight. Last night I saw the Melendez vs Sanchez fight and I'm inclined to say that was my favorite fight of all time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:54 am

Diaz was shitting his pants at the press conference. He's got destroyed by Conor already.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:23 am

Diaz shitting his pants? Ok...

You can tell me McGregor is going to destroy Diaz and I'm not going to argue against that (it's all opinion). But there's no chance Diaz is scared. I have respect for both fighters; especially considering the circumstances in which this fight unfolded.

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:38 am

I'm hyped for Tate vs Holms. Mainly because i have a huge crush on Tate.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:37 am

ranDOM 10 wrote:Diaz shitting his pants? Ok...

You can tell me McGregor is going to destroy Diaz and I'm not going to argue against that (it's all opinion). But there's no chance Diaz is scared. I have respect for both fighters; especially considering the circumstances in which this fight unfolded.
Mate, you can clearly tell he is shaking. He feels uncomfortable, he's not confident. He's legs are gonna get heavy when he steps inside the octagon and faces Mcgregor. Nate is behaving like Poirier, and if you have seen the moment Dustin stood up in front of Conor seconds before the start of the fight, you would know what I'm talking about. He was shaking, literally.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:41 am

Oh god. As I said you're welcome to your opinion, but I saw the fight press conference and disagree with your view. Diaz brothers never feel confortable talking at these type of events. I'm glad you have seen into your crystal ball and know how the fight is going to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:59 am

What do you mean they never feel comfortable? It's not the first time he's doing this. He's a UFC fighter, on the cameras all the time. Are you saying he doesn't get used to it? Spare me that.

I hope it doesn't end within seconds again. Conor should give him a little chance at least, play around a little bit.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:46 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:You should work writing newspaper headlines. Where exactly was the trash talk? The Diaz brothers are know for not being very big on public speaking and the whole interview was business/money related.

The headline is from the CNBC website.

By "trash talk each other," they loosened the definition of trash talk because Diaz is dumber than a brick.

Conor wrote:I'll take over from here, Nate. You can bounce. Take a coffee break, Nate. And by coffee break, I mean bring me my coffee. Nate can only count to 5. Count to 5, Nate, if you can.

Diaz wrote:You count m******ucker. I ain't counting. How about that?
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:33 pm

I watched the video. Diaz dumber than a brick? Not everyone who is well spoken is ignorant. Possessing a black belt in Brazilian jujitsu is no small task.

Have you even followed these guys? Both brothers dislike the media and just want to bang. Everyone is not a mcgregor who lives for the spotlight. At least know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.

Two perfect examples of why I try to avoid posting in this forum anymore.

Mcgregor even admitted that Nate is not one of the p***ies in the UFC. Maybe you should watch a few of fights from Diaz before you speak on him being afraid of a fight he took without having a camp to prepare. There is a mutual respect between these two guys - but I wouldn't expect you to understand that. Perhaps you don't understand what it means to sell a fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:51 pm

don't expect a nate diaz with basically 0 camp to beat mcgregor but lord will it be sweet if he brutally knocks him out or effortlessly subs him

this killed me

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:55 pm

Diaz is a great boxer, however he is not really known for that one punch knock out. I'm interested to see if he can eat that left hand and stay on his feet. I'm actually very excited for this matchup - knowing Nate I think it will be a brawl, but he definitely has an advantage on the ground. The big question for me is if he will try to take it there.

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:56 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:I watched the video. Diaz dumber than a brick? Not everyone who is well spoken is ignorant. Possessing a black belt in Brazilian jujitsu is no small task.

Have you even followed these guys? Both brothers dislike the media and just want to bang. Everyone is not a mcgregor who lives for the spotlight. At least know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.

Two perfect examples of why I try to avoid posting in this forum anymore.

Mcgregor even admitted that Nate is not one of the p***ies in the UFC. Maybe you should watch a few of fights from Diaz before you speak on him being afraid of a fight he took without having a camp to prepare. There is a mutual respect between these two guys - but I wouldn't expect you to understand that. Perhaps you don't understand what it means to sell a fight.

Being great at a martial art does not negate you from being dumb about everything else.

Here's another 'dumber than a brick' quote from Diaz - "Everyone in the UFC is on steroids."

So, you have a disagreement with a few people and that makes you want to avoid the forum. C'mon now.

That last para of yours is completely irrelevant.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:07 pm

Exactly my point. Not being well spoken doesn't negate you from being intelligent.

Anyway, I'm done with you. Clearly there's not much going on upstairs. I blame myself for thinking you might be able to grasp such a simple concept.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:13 pm

Also the last paragraph is relevant because this other guy was claiming Diaz is scared. If the guy he is fighting understands this, it's quite hilarious someone who will be watching the fight would feel otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:16 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:Exactly my point. Not being well spoken doesn't negate you from being intelligent.

Anyway, I'm done with you. Clearly there's not much going on upstairs. I blame myself for thinking you might be able to grasp such a simple concept.

Looks like you missed the point.

Diaz isn't intelligent outside of octagon. Period. I can point to many examples. I already have.

Strange that I see you committing logical fallacies with the ad hominem attack.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:25 pm

Why makes someone intelligent? Do you know Diaz outside of the octagon? I wasn't always the most well spoken person and it took my a long time to improve my writing. But you strike me as the kind of guy who feels better by putting other people down. I know your kind all too well.

Last paragraph was not directed at you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next