RealGunner
aford92
Eman
35 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

MMA/UFC Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: MMA/UFC Thread

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:25 pm

Why makes someone intelligent? Do you know Diaz outside of the octagon? I wasn't always the most well spoken person and it took my a long time to improve my writing. But you strike me as the kind of guy who feels better by putting other people down. I know your kind all too well.

Last paragraph was not directed at you.

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:28 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:Why makes someone intelligent? Do you know Diaz outside of the octagon? I wasn't always the most well spoken person and it took my a long time to improve my writing. But you strike me as the kind of guy who feels better by putting other people down. I know your kind all too well.

Last paragraph was not directed at you.

Hold on, so you say: "I'm done with you. Clearly there's not much going on upstairs. I blame myself for thinking you might be able to grasp such a simple concept." And then you say "You strike me as the kind of guy who feels better by putting other people down."

What's with the hypocrisy on your part?

Watch Diaz say stupid things out of the octagon. I mean really dumb sh*t.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:05 pm

Diaz is not the brightest fella around but Conor went too far in that interview. There are borders you should not cross.

But I can tell that the man is scared. Like it was the case, inter alia, with Aldo and Poirier. Now also with Dos Anjos, who is running scared.

It is true what the Irishman says. They don't talk like he talks, they don't move like he moves and they don't hit like he hits.

I dont see an upset. This man is going to carry two belts.

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:34 pm

Conor cheap shotted Nate at one of the face offs.. I'm rooting for Nate tbh even though McGregor is the more entertaining guy

Last edited by LeSwagg James on Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:57 pm

ronalessi wrote:
Hold on, so you say: "I'm done with you. Clearly there's not much going on upstairs. I blame myself for thinking you might be able to grasp such a simple concept." And then you say "You strike me as the kind of guy who feels better by putting other people down."

I will quickly break it down for you.

You are judging Nate Diaz (you said he is not intelligent). You have never met this guy and you seem to be basing your opinion on the things he says during interviews and things of that nature. You said Nate is dumber than a brick - someone you don't really know outside of soundbites. As I said earlier, not everyone is going to be well spoken and we as human beings all have our own strengths and weaknesses. Nate doesn't want to talk about money and answer questions about how he will approach the fight. The guy is a warrior who just wants to talk with his hands and put on a good show. All these interviews about money are a joke to me.

I said you can't grasp a simple concept based on a conversation I am having with you. Not something you said during an interview and I've interacted with you before in the forum. I genuinely feel like you are the type of person who will belittle people because you feel like this intelligent being who feels superior to others. So while you are entitled to your opinion, so am I. That is just the way see it.

And you never told me what makes someone intelligent or not. We all excel and struggle at different aspects at life. Diaz brothers also take time to teach kids and make the place they grew up a better environment. You may call me biased since I am a fan of these guys, but that also had led to me watching more videos and learning about who they are outside of the interviews and press conferences. I won't deny they have said some foolish things, but a lot of those press people try to get a rise out of people.

On the flip side, people love McGregor for all his antics (I find them incredibly entertaining). But it is all a show - just look at how he interacted with Mendez after their fight. The guy is all about mental warfare and putting on a show to build/sell the fights.

As far as my feelings about the forum and the members, I think it's mostly a mutual feeling. A lot of people have left for similar reasons and my judgement is not due to a few disagreements I've had with people. I won't go into that further since it's off-topic and I believe the history is fairly well known.

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:27 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:
ronalessi wrote:

I will quickly break it down for you.

You are judging Nate Diaz (you said he is not intelligent). You have never met this guy and you seem to be basing your opinion on the things he says during interviews and things of that nature. You said Nate is dumber than a brick - someone you don't really know outside of soundbites. As I said earlier, not everyone is going to be well spoken and we as human beings all have our own strengths and weaknesses. Nate doesn't want to talk about money and answer questions about how he will approach the fight. The guy is a warrior who just wants to talk with his hands and put on a good show. All these interviews about money are a joke to me.

I said you can't grasp a simple concept based on a conversation I am having with you. Not something you said during an interview and I've interacted with you before in the forum. I genuinely feel like you are the type of person who will belittle people because you feel like this intelligent being who feels superior to others. So while you are entitled to your opinion, so am I. That is just the way see it.

And you never told me what makes someone intelligent or not. We all excel and struggle at different aspects at life. Diaz brothers also take time to teach kids and make the place they grew up a better environment. You may call me biased since I am a fan of these guys, but that also had led to me watching more videos and learning about who they are outside of the interviews and press conferences. I won't deny they have said some foolish things, but a lot of those press people try to get a rise out of people.

On the flip side, people love McGregor for all his antics (I find them incredibly entertaining). But it is all a show - just look at how he interacted with Mendez after their fight. The guy is all about mental warfare and putting on a show to build/sell the fights.

As far as my feelings about the forum and the members, I think it's mostly a mutual feeling. A lot of people have left for similar reasons and my judgement is not due to a few disagreements I've had with people. I won't go into that further since it's off-topic and I believe the history is fairly well known.

Yeah, so you openly insult me and belittle me and then "accuse" me of being the type of person that "belittles" people without providing a shred of evidence. That's the height of hipocricy.

Personally, I feel you are a nice person who for some reason is reading me incorrectly.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:28 am

Meisha Tate cheers cheers cheers

What a finish!
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:33 am

card has been crap until now, that was a great win for tate tho, happy for her
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:37 am

That was a great battle of tactics. I enjoyed that Tate vs Holmes fight very much. Definitely agree about the rest of the card being poor thus far. Very impressed with Tate and her ability to bring the fight to the ground and finish the fight. I don't see anyway she would have won the fight if it went to a decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:02 am

Holy *bleep*!

What a round! Diaz is pissing blood! What a crazy finish.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:02 am

LMFAO

NATE MADE IT LOOK EASY ON A 3 DAY CAMP rofl
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:03 am

That's my *bleep* boy!!!! I'm literally shaking!!!!! Respect to both fighters but my boy Nate is a real warrior!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:03 am

Scared of who? Scared of who?

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:08 am

like you mentioned Nate isn't known for KO power and he had Conor wobbled a bunch to the point he shot for a TD

Nate's a great fighter but he isn't elite in the current era

Conor hype train well and truly derailed

u mad @ronalessi @Marcus Aurelius
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:10 am

Lol, it was nice while it lasted.
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:11 am

Never saw UFC in my life before, got hyped by promos of Random and Marcus and Ronalessi and Firenze watched the fight, got impressed. That Conor guy seemed little overconfident, no? So when's the next big fight again?

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:12 am

April

Jones vs Cormier

i'm excited for Jones return

P4P #1

Conor can go back and give Aldo his rematch
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:13 am

Ain't nobody mad. As I said, it was a great matchup because I had a feeling both fighters would bang it out. I still think it was incredibly ignorant to call Diaz scared. I've been following the Diaz brothers for a long time and I have a bunch of respect for them.

I didn't think standing would be the best idea for Diaz because McGregor has more power, but Diaz is very accurate and clean with his hands. I was very humble and said it could go to either fighter. Whenever the Diaz brothers get into a brawl they are incredibly comfortable. That is the style they live for.

And as far as the end of the fight, look at the respect both fighters had for each other. The talking is for show and to sell the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:17 am

Lucifer wrote:Never saw UFC in my life before, got hyped by promos of Random and Marcus and Ronalessi and Firenze watched the fight, got impressed. That Conor guy seemed little overconfident, no? So when's the next big fight again?

I think McGregor wanted it a little too bad. He didn't pick and choose his shots, but that's been the style that has worked for him. Diaz is not as power oriented, but he is known for his smooth hands and uses his distance well. He didn't beat him with one shot, it was the accumulation of precise/calculated shots. McGregor was on Conan talking about knocking him out with that spinning kick, but you can't do what you want in high level fights. I think this will be good for McGregor and he will come back stronger.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:32 am

Mcgregor was sooo cocky in that 2nd round Mad

#standbyMcgregor Sad
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:38 am

MMA/UFC Thread - Page 6 G0BrJYz
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:42 am

That's how he has been fighting and I don't think Diaz always gets the credit he deserves. In my opinion McGregor thought he would be able to land one of his left hands and put Diaz down like the rest. McGregor has beaten some great fighters, but not everyone has the warrior spirit and a solid chin. Most guys can't take that left hand of McGregor, tonight he wasn't able to land it clean. I'm not saying Diaz is immune to the knockout, but he didn't move in wild like Aldo.

Oh god, as a Brazilian I would like Aldo to keep his mouth shut. You got knocked out in 16 seconds. I'm not saying he can't beat McGregor, but don't try to kick a man while he's down. That is unless they called a warrior scared lmao #sorrynotsorry

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:52 am

yup i'm looking forward to aldo getting his rematch

Holm showed legit heart in refusing to tap, not saying tapping is bad..but I get the feeling Mcgregor was happy to get submitted, he shot for the panic TD and getting submitted is easier to swallow than the fact he was seconds away from getting knocked out by Nate Diaz lool
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:57 am

100 percent agreed on Holm, tapping was never an option for her. She had the fight won in my opinion if it went to the judges. All she had to do was keep the fight standing, however she left a small opening and Tate was all over it. Impressive submission considering Holm did a great job stopping the same choke in the 2nd round. I thought she might have had it once she flipped Tate, but she was never letting go of that one.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:01 am

Aldo would of worked him if it wasn't for the flash KO, this just reinforces my feelings :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:17 am

I don't disagree. I think all the talking McGregor did led to Aldo being a little too aggressive and rushing in. I understand the reasoning behind it, but you have to respect a fighter and remain level headed. McGregor talks a lot of smack, but he still fights with his head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next