Back to top Go down

AS Roma - Juventus  - Page 3 Empty Re: AS Roma - Juventus

Post by McLewis Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:00 pm

schnix wrote:
McLewis wrote:I'm in the same boat, Schnix lol

Getting live updates to my phone.

live updates? gross

stream itttt, rojadirecta ftw. if that doesn't work for you, use tvoo or jouj

Meh, I'm in meetings all day at work...streaming would be too distracting.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:18 pm

McLewis wrote:
schnix wrote:
McLewis wrote:I'm in the same boat, Schnix lol

Getting live updates to my phone.

live updates? gross

stream itttt, rojadirecta ftw. if that doesn't work for you, use tvoo or jouj

Meh, I'm in meetings all day at work...streaming would be too distracting.

fair enough. i'm just setting up workstations for a client so i have to move around. can't have sound though
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:30 pm

i have just royally soiled myself

i'm going to have to rewatch it tonight. for viviani

i'm still quite gutted buffon had to save totti's PK
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:46 pm

Juve deserved to win.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:50 pm

And yet they didn't.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:00 pm

McLewis wrote:And yet they didn't.

Sketenburg Man of the Match. What a game, DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES HE'S SAVED ROMA IN THIS GAME!

Anyways, De Rossi played amazing. He has outperformed all of Roma's CB's this season. Vivani what a game for him!
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:17 pm

Great game. Roma were unlucky not to win.

Played DDR at CB, Had like 7 players out. Still managed to get a draw. Great stuff by enrique. Thought this was one of his best match.

Somehow i knew Totti would miss. Buffon knows him too well.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Juve deserved to win.

we have XX injuries. we deserve some slack. thanks vidal
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:26 pm

schnix wrote:

Stupid Vidal
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:19 pm

Wow what a game who would have thought with all our injuries and the suspensions that we would've got a point from this..I know I certainly didn't..

Really proud of the team,great performance,the first half not so much but the second half we really came into it and perhaps one could argue unlucky not to win it with Totti's missed peno and that great chance he missed towards the end of the match.

De rossi MOTM and it's not because of the goal but for his excellent display at CB I was really surprised actually how easily he slotted in there he looked like he was playing their all of his career..Pure Boss :bow:

You could see that players were really playing for LE giving their all which is good to see..

The only negative part about tonight was Osvaldo dissapearing down the tunnel when he was subbed the guy is already walking a tightrope after that whole incident with Lamela and to do that tonight was just plain stupid like who the *bleep* does he think he is..Muppet !!! Mad
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:57 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
schnix wrote:

Stupid Vidal

Meh, 1 uncharacteristic mistake, could happen to anybody. Yeah, he was one of the worst players on the pitch, but the team as a whole played badly in general.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:03 am

Two uncharacteristic mistakes other than that he did nothing of that bad but two mistakes = two goals if not for super Buffon

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:21 am

DDR - Heinze as CBs :bow:
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:29 am

Did Heinze really kick ass? How surprising lol...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:31 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Did Heinze really kick ass? How surprising lol...
Yup, great interceptions
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:28 am

:bow: Excellent performance by the whole team, Thumbs up probably the best i've seen from Roma for a long time.

Heinze and Derossi were excellent in defence and when they were caught out Steklenberg covered up very well.

Pjanic, Viviani and Greco had a very good first half and if they can maintain such high levels Gago for me should warm the bench.

Lamela was the only player i was disappointed about, sadly just failed to keep up the EX-LAZIE full back and ended up fouling him a thousand times :lol!:

Totti did have a decent game. He put in a very good ball for Derossi's goal but sadly missed a penalty.

Osvaldo too had a decent game but was better than Lamela by miles and he did feel hard done by his sub. He shouldnt be doing that in derbies even then i do feel for him.

sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:11 am

WOW, what a game. Just watched it now since I wasn't home today... managed to avoid all football contact until I got home.

Simply put, the keepers made the difference tonight, both Stekelenburg and Buffon had amazing games. Stek saved us a few times in the second half, while Buffon saved what could've been the winner from the penalty spot.

De Rossi, absolute boss in defense, enough said. Viviani did well for his first start; put in some great passes, but his positioning was a little off. It was quite obvious that he's used to playing a little further up and needed Greco to help him out a few times in covering ground. All in all, a good performance from the youngster, as well as from all the other Romans on the pitch (barring Pepe lol).

I noticed Lamela's position switching up quite often until he was moved to midfield just before halftime, to have Pjanic move up and play as the trequartista. He failed to continuously be a threat, but once Juve started tiring, he was able to dribble through a few times. An OK performance. And it's a shame that Pjanic is going to have to skip the Napoli match through suspension, I think the ref was a bit hard on that one since Quagliarella did the same and didn't get booked.

Osvaldo, well the guy ran a lot and put in a lot of effort. But his passing is terrible and dribbling is average, he should only have control of the ball when in the box. Totti, unfortunate. He had a good game and put in a f***ing perfect cross for De Rossi. He really only made one mistake and a half all game, which unfortunately is what people who don't pay attention are going to grasp from him tonight. Nice to see him back though, it really shows when he's on the pitch.

My heart is still in my throat after watching that match. I have to say I'm a little disappointed because we had the chance to win it (and Juve fans will say the same, it was a really open match and the result could have gone either way). But in the end, we had a whole list of absentees and faced the most in form team so far this season, so I'll gladly take a point. The performance itself was very encouraging though; the players are there, they're motivated, this should be the game we use to send ourselves forward.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by maruf063 Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:32 am

great stuff from Roma. hats off to DDR ... we should offer more playing time to Viviani ... was certainly a bold decision by LE ... it that had gone the wrong way, detractors would be asking for LE's head already... lol

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:28 pm

I was annoyed that Totti didnt shoot much - if i was a coach my only order to him was - shoot if your near the 16 box or inside ffs..when he played the ball wide, usually a poor cross was easily cleared by Juve defense. Im sad we didnt really test Buffon.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:25 pm

Viviani should get more playing time : )
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:00 pm

7amood11 wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
schnix wrote:

Stupid Vidal

Meh, 1 uncharacteristic mistake, could happen to anybody. Yeah, he was one of the worst players on the pitch, but the team as a whole played badly in general.

How did Juve play bad all game?

We first dominated more possesion than Roma which is Roma's game.
We played away from home.
We created way more chances Roma ever did.

Chiellini was a monster.
Barzagli the best in defense.
Bonucci one of his best performances.
Lichstiener the same old average
Pirlo... not his best.. but not his worst.
Marchisio? Worked his ass off and dominated Roma's midfield with his workrate.
Elia... Instant impact when he got on... I still don't get why he isn't favored
Quags... Better than Matri almost scored at the end.

Flops...
Matri... was closed in by De Rossi, no chance for him. Was forced to play Wide.
Pepe... which is no surprise, the man is not good enough for Juve, his recent run was all a fluke.
Giacc... Had so much space, had many runs and chances. Screwed all of them up. His passing is horrible.

Majority of the team played well.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:02 pm

metinsk wrote:Viviani should get more playing time : )

Keep De Rossi in CB, him there is just amazing, I love him!

Viviani! Great performance by the kid.

But you guys need a young Regista! Go sign Marco Verratti from Pescara as he does the regista role there!
Amazing player! He would be the ideal core for Enrique's plans.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:12 am

Finally got around to watching the match. Much improved display from us overall. Our defense improved markedly despite the fact that it was a patchwork of players. De Rossi, as has already been mentioned, was absolutely colossal at CB. Proved once again that we need to wrap this deal up for him. However, I don't think he should be converted into CB. He's a DM and we need him there alot more than at CB. What we've learned from this game if anything that when we need DDR to fill in at CB, we can breathe with relief since he appears to have taken to it like a duck to water.

Our midfield is what really impressed me. Greco, Viviani and Pjanic did a fantastic job nullifying the influence of Marchisio and Pirlo while Vidal just had an overall poor match all on his own. Viviani especially caught the eye with some great movements. He didn't look overawed by the match and I think that's quite important as well as impressive considering he made his Serie A debut in this of all games.

Totti and Osvaldo did their thing up front. Was gutted that Totti missed the peno, but it happens and it's not at all a bad thing to have a keeper like Buffon stop it. Two world-class legendary players and only one of them was going to come out on top. Just unlucky for us that our legend didn't. As for Osvaldo, I was overall slightly disappointed with him. Worked hard, but didn't really trouble Bonucci or Barzagli and his reaction to being subbed was rather poor, regardless of how LE and Baldini are trying to spin it. He should have more respect than that.

Overall, we upped our against Juve, as we always do. Football's a funny mistress. I could bet my paycheck that if we had a full squad and came into the game more confident than we left it, we'd have lost yesterday. That's football and that's especially Italian football.

Great match from both sides.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:17 am

Had to avoid this place like the plague for the past few days, I was able to catch the game last night.

Firstly, and I think this needs to be said, we played excellent under the circumstances. DDR and Heinze played well to keep Juve at bay which really wasn't that hard with Matri up front. He has got to be the laziest striker in Serie A, Juve will go nowhere with him starting.

Now, a couple thoughts to ponder on our strike force....Osvaldo looked absolutely Brutal again. He did well to track back, and I noticed him more in our own half then in the final third. His reaction when he was subbed was Vucinic esque also...just absolutely disrespectful. I'm slowly losing my patience for him, I'd almost rather see Borriello start, at least he has some pace. Osvaldo is just as bad as Toni with the ball, but doesn't have the Aerial threat on set peices like Toni did.

Lamela looked terrible as well. I really think, even though this is a new strike force for us, that this is the worst offensive lineup we have had in years... Our main attacking players, lets face it haven't been doing the job. Everyone just seems confused...There was lots of quality crosses put in by Pjanic and Taddei tonight that should have and would have been in the back of the net last year...

Totti was good, but he still lacks match fitness, he was a hero to take Pirlo's free kick off his face and resume play almost immediately. His quick corner on the first goal and cross was majestic.

I have a hard time deciding between Pjanic and Stekelenburg for MOTM... Pjanic shut down Pirlo for nearly the whole game, excellent display by him. Stek was a beast all match...His ball striking was excellent today. He found our forwards numerous times from his goal. I wished Enrique would let the team play those long balls more, as we really lack a quality CB who can move the ball out from the back and is creative enough. I swear 90% of our possession comes from the short passes on GK's...

Viviani was encouraging...We need Rosi back, although Taddei was awesome until about the 75th minute...I still don't like Angels game at all...

Now...Napoli coming up...THAT is scary.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next