Robespierre
Lupi
McLewis
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Juventus vs Roma Empty Juventus vs Roma

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:48 am

The time has come for Rudi and this side to show they are worthy of the accolades that have been heaped on them so far this season. Forget Napoli. Forget Inter. Forget Fiorentina. Forget Milan.

This is the real acid test, gents.

Everyone knows the history behind fixtures like this. James Horncastle wrote an excellent review of the most controversial matches (found here), and while Sunday's match will be a continuation of that saga, we have to put that in the back of our minds.

I originally had a very wordy preview typed up for this match, but let's just start the conversation here.

Do I think Roma can come out of Torino with a win? Absolutely. Do I think they will? It's hard to say honestly.

If there was ever a time for us to get that first loss. This would certainly be the match for it. Don't take that as pessimism because it's not. It's realism. We will face the only team in the league who have the genuine ability and quality to beat us. That's real talk, gents.

This match will definitely set the tone for the rest of the season. Let's just hope the lads are up for this challenge of challenges.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Juventus vs Roma Empty Re: Juventus vs Roma

Post by Lupi Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:28 pm

any idea who will be the ref ? for example if Tagliavento be the referee i can grantee a loss
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:28 pm

Rizzoli.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:32 pm

but therefore also Romanists from all over the world complain about the referee even before the match ? I I thought it was so only in Italy Smile
(nothing personal, mind you ! )

Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:46 pm

that coming from an interisti is puzzling  :coffee: even though i found this in the entire site but i rather not get into that ATM

however a win for Roma can help a lot , Pirlo is back for Juve the only man i fear ....
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:28 pm

I got that part , that's why I didn't come up inter section style with a gif , saying " you are talking to me ? "
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:44 pm

yes but simply it is one thing that intrigued me, don't take it as a polemic : D

anyway about the match ... it will a trident, the only doubt is if Destro or Florenzi , but this but this last one has back pain

I think a tie would be very good also for Roma, it's much difficult to win to Torino and if Juve wins ... the Serie A is finished  as early as January : (
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:06 pm

We're no different than any other fans of calcio teams in that when our team has been wronged by a bad ref call, we're going to voice frustration.

It's not wrong to do so.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:08 pm

I would take a draw. A loss and our Scudetto race is practically over.. 8 points behind is too much against this Juve side.

Ofcourse the season is long and so, but if we dont make any stupid mistakes then I dont see why we couldnt close the gap to 2 points.

I just wonder how we will line up? Totti, Gervinho, Destro, 'florenzi, Ljalic are all fit
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:28 am

Roma should sit back and avoid over pressing juve , they probably go 10 men in their own half and do counters . Roma did the same mistake against Milan . I also need DDR on his best day something like his form for Italy against England or Germany . Francis do one more 103 km/ h shots would make my day , daje Roma
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:32 am

it will be  gervinho totti destro, florenzi is not fine  he did not train last day, and I don't think ljacic will play , this year he plays well only as incoming ( in this he reminds me javier hernandez of manchester united : D )
The AS Roma formation is very good, players are in shape, only dodo 'causes me skepticism .. he doesn't convince me expecially for these matces
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:31 pm

Very Happy they need to beat juve and live the other 2 points to milito to grab it from juve  hmm 
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:35 pm

Florenzi has passed fit so he's in the squad. I would personally start him as he's a proven big game player for Roma.

It's looks rather likely though that Ljajic will probably start however.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Roma got this

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:15 am

This is the true measuring stick, but I think we got this one.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:40 am

Only a Roma win will shut up the Juve bandwagon and Italian media, who doesnt talk about anything else than how great Conte is.. we would have beaten Galtasaray.. pff .Very Happy
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:59 am

Listened to La Magicast last night (great podcast for Roma fans btw).

They have Mina Rzouki on there last night, a well known journalist and Juve sympathizer who has not been too kind to Roma over the last few years. She sounded well and truly afraid of this Roma side. I thought that was rather interesting.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:30 pm

No chance, Juve are set to win their 10th game in a row since the early 90s. Juventus are an experienced side and they are playing at home. Roma will lose, their streak will end here. They will plummet after this loss to an infinite loop of draws.

Roma might as well forfeit tbh
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:27 pm

LOL that's either some obvious sarcasm or you're doing your best debbie downer impression, SES Laughing

We'll be fine. We may or may not win today. That's obvious. What's different this year though is that Juve are facing a team of like-minded hunger, aggression and tactically and technical ability.

If they win, Roma will make them work hard for it. We've given nothing away cheaply so far this season so I don't expect that to happen today.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:42 pm

Ahhhh I hate losing to these bums. My disdain for the fans, the team, the city shows no boundaries.

When I saw Hammer nose making his run I knew that De Rossi was going to do something stupid, esp 2-0 down, and no creativity up front. Brutal game from him.

Castan red card was embarrassing. Totti was a non factor (playing too high up), Wing backs sucked, all in all the worst game of the year.

I'd lose to a basement dweller 2 times every year for the next 30 years if we could beat Juve twice every year.

Have fun with your victory you bums, the disgrace of serie A.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by fenomenalex10 Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:03 pm

cmon dont blaim the judge now... it was a clear hand if you wathced the reply also we deserved a penaltz before when your player played with hand ... i dont see the problem becouse we were better and you sucked  Suspect 
fenomenalex10
fenomenalex10
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:33 am

narbeZ wrote:Ahhhh I hate losing to these bums. My disdain for the fans, the team, the city shows no boundaries.

When I saw Hammer nose making his run I knew that De Rossi was going to do something stupid, esp 2-0 down, and no creativity up front. Brutal game from him.

Castan red card was embarrassing. Totti was a non factor (playing too high up), Wing backs sucked, all in all the worst game of the year.

I'd lose to a basement dweller 2 times every year for the next 30 years if we could beat Juve twice every year.

Have fun with your victory you bums, the disgrace of serie A.

muahahaha!!!

I love how your team can play like shite, have a player get tossed for a WWF move, another one for clearly punching a ball out of the goal, and get manhandled 3-0, yet WE'RE the disgrace of Serie A. Enjoy your return to irrelevance.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:27 am

Lupi wrote:Roma should sit back and avoid over pressing juve , they probably go 10 men in their own half and do counters . Roma did the same mistake against Milan . I also need DDR on his best day something like his form for Italy against England or Germany . Francis do one more 103 km/ h shots would make my day , daje Roma
I'm glad you are not Garcia this happened until we scored, You can't break down defenses without classical CF....

RealGunner wrote:Roma got this

You broke my heart Sad There's no love for you anymore Razz
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:53 am

Totally out of shape and no specific tactic and no roma wasnt sitting back they were out of game , after the first 10 min i knew what was coming ,well at least this is the same Roma i always knew , let you down when you expect good games and play good games when you dont really expect them to , however two red cards in 1 min is something else
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:19 am

Juve are full marks for the victory, but like I said, did we see the best Roma today? Answer is no. There was too much talking before the match for our own good.

May 11 with be our revenge. As of now enjoy your filthy win.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next