Ribery vs Robben

5 posters

Go down

Ribery vs Robben Empty Ribery vs Robben

Post by The Messiah Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:02 am

Ribery vs Robben Ribery-Robben-1
Two seasons ago while Robben was having the best season of his life with Bayern, it would have not be difficult to point out that Robben was a better player. But however we must also remember that until the arrival of Van Gaal thesame season that Robben arrived in Bayern everyone had thought Ribery was a better player, Madrid were willing to Buy Ribery at any cost and accept any bid that comes in for Robben, Bayern Legend Hitzfield was of the opinion that Ribery was a better player.

However under Van Gaal Robben was enjoying his football and Ribery was having hard time playing under the tyranny of that Dutchbag, so many if not all Bayern fans had accepted that Robben was a far better than Ribery, however after the departure of Van Gaal Ribery said that his beginning to enjoy his football again and as we can see his been in top form again.

and now I beginning to understand how a manger can help some players improve and enjoy their football and how some other mangers can damaged their career, and now I am starting to reconsider that maybe there isn't too much difference between these two best wingers in the world(If you dont consider Ronaldo and Messi as wingers).

In general Franck Ribery is not as decisive as Robben in front of goal but he works better distributing the ball, team play, creativity, and eventually attacking and shaking off defense but Robben on the other hand has great dribbling speed with the ball but his sometimes a little too selfish and many opportunities are missed because he holds on to the ball too long. he has great footwork but sometimes forgets that he might have another player wide open to have a clear shot at goal than he does.

-----------------Robben----------------vs---------------------------Ribery

Appearance-------------28--------------------------------------------------46----
Goals--------------------5--------------------------------------------------20----
Assist-------------------3---------------------------------------------------19----

------------------------35---------------------------------------------------36----
------------------------8----------------------------------------------------14----
------------------------7----------------------------------------------------21----

------------------------37---------------------------------------------------30-----
------------------------23----------------------------------------------------7-----
------------------------9----------------------------------------------------11-----

------------------------17---------------------------------------------------32-----
------------------------13---------------------------------------------------11-----
-------------------------8---------------------------------------------------21-----

------------------------8----------------------------------------------------20-----
------------------------3----------------------------------------------------8------
------------------------1----------------------------------------------------9------

TOTAL-------Robben 52 goals and 28 assist in 125 appearance over 5 seasons
--------------Ribery 60 goals and 81 assist in 158 appearance over 5 seasons.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Ribery vs Robben Empty Re: Ribery vs Robben

Post by billy_gr Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:32 am

Wow numbers favor Ribery, however I’d say Roben is more of a dofference maker.
If only he could stay out of injury for a decent period of time
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:36 am

billy_gr wrote:
Wow numbers favor Ribery, however I’d say Roben is more of a dofference maker.
If only he could stay out of injury for a decent period of time

Both of them have problems with Injuries, some of Robben appearance are 5-10 minute substitutes after injury so also is Ribery Anyways.

Ribery seems to be way more effective both in creating goals and scoring them but Robben is more popular, flashing and decisive, score loads of beautiful goals when they are most needed, in big matches.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:52 am

Robben, obvious for me.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:06 am

To me Robben seems more injury plagued anyway
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:37 am

AS I already posted in the Bayern section - I always liked Ribéry better for being a better team player (see his assists!), but Robben can be decisive. But the overall contribution for the team shows Ribéry as more valuable, and fortunately he said he can imaging staying at Bayern for longer Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:51 am

Ribéry has a contract until like 2014 Very Happy He's going nowhere.

Yes, he's also the better team player and contributes a lot in assists, workrate and a few goal or two. He's gotten some of his pace back, but he's no longer the gung ho inside forward who can pick up the ball from the half line and go on a searing run to score, he's much more collective and has an amazing football brain.

Robben on the underhand can be 1 dimensional, not to say it doesn't work Very Happy He's coming back from an annoying injury, so give him, say, a month to come back. He comes back fast as hell. He's your typical big game player, so skilled that he can decide games on his own out of sheer skill.

I just want them both fit so we have one of the best midfields after Barca.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:00 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Ribéry has a contract until like 2014 Very Happy He's going nowhere.
IIRC, he said he could imagine finishing his careeer at Bayern, so maybe he will stay even longer Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:20 pm

rwo power wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Ribéry has a contract until like 2014 Very Happy He's going nowhere.
IIRC, he said he could imagine finishing his careeer at Bayern, so maybe he will stay even longer Very Happy
Yeah, after Bayern backed him up during the WC scandals, his dips in form and massive injuries, he pretty much gained a massive respect for the club, even turning down Zidane and his Madrid cronies.

I think all he asked was that the club strengthen, and oh they've done that so far.

Great player. I'd still choose Ribéry over Ronaldo Laughing prepares for the neg reps
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:01 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
rwo power wrote:
Yeah, after Bayern backed him up during the WC scandals, his dips in form and massive injuries, he pretty much gained a massive respect for the club, even turning down Zidane and his Madrid cronies.

I think all he asked was that the club strengthen, and oh they've done that so far.

Great player. I'd still choose Ribéry over Ronaldo Laughing prepares for the neg reps

unfortunately the invaders ain't here....lol Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down