Euro Cups 3 (0)

You were saying? :coffee:

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumors  - Page 40 Empty Re: Transfer Rumors

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:10 pm

Kick wrote:From his official page on our website.
Competition Apps(as sub)
League 11 (5)
FA Cup 0 (2)
League Cup 3 (0)
Euro Cups 3 (0)

You were saying? :coffee:

I was only saying League games, in any case still i was close :coffee:

Besides some of those 11 games were games that meant nothing like the Liverpool game where Romeu showed off his defensive prowess to the world again Laughing

Point is he has played hardly enough for their to be considered a "buzz"

And definitely hasn't proven he's worth 10m to add to a position where he's totally not needed and someone of similar level and experience already at the club.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:14 pm

I would agree he isn't worth 10m but he did not play most of those matches when it didn't matter.

A majority of them were played while AVB was failing and the pressure was on.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:40 pm

free_cat wrote:Muniesa played very well the second half of the season for Barça B as DM and CB. He is not a LB, so we shouldn't consider his qualities going forward.

That'll be news to the player since he's primarily played at LB before last season

free_cat wrote:But as a DM or CB he is very good for his age and has future. He is not as technically gifted as Bartra, but he at least has some blood in his veins, unlike Bartra.

Good blood in his veins?...What exactly are you trying to say here? Shocked

free_cat wrote:There is a "buzz"? Seriously? He hasn't played at all since RdM took charge in Chelsea and considering how it went, I don't see him playing anytime soon with them.

Would be awfully irrational to conclude a manager's intentions for a player based on the last 3 months at the helm of a team playing in the final stretch of a major cup competition Rolling Eyes

free_cat wrote:I've got nothing against Romeu, but he lacks technique to play for us. While JDS has technique enough to play for us but lacks physique to be a DM.... none of them are ideal to be honest, but as a backup I would go for what we already have.

Sounds like you don't really know the player

Last edited by FCBarça on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Khaled wrote:OFFICIAL: Racing Santander sign Gai Assulin from Manchester City, former FC Barcelona player.

Unzué obviously believes he can make something out of this disappointment...It's a low risk move that could pay off I guess - I predict more injuries
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:52 pm

FCBarça wrote:
free_cat wrote:Muniesa played very well the second half of the season for Barça B as DM and CB. He is not a LB, so we shouldn't consider his qualities going forward.

That'll be news to the player since he's primarily played at LB before last season

free_cat wrote:But as a DM or CB he is very good for his age and has future. He is not as technically gifted as Bartra, but he at least has some blood in his veins, unlike Bartra.

Good blood in his veins?...What exactly are you trying to say here? Shocked

free_cat wrote:There is a "buzz"? Seriously? He hasn't played at all since RdM took charge in Chelsea and considering how it went, I don't see him playing anytime soon with them.

Would be awfully irrational to conclude a manager's intentions for a player based on 3 months at the helm Rolling Eyes

free_cat wrote:I've got nothing against Romeu, but he lacks technique to play for us. While JDS has technique enough to play for us but lacks physique to be a DM.... none of them are ideal to be honest, but as a backup I would go for what we already have.

Sounds like you don't really know the player

Nope, it won't be news to Muniesa. He was always a CB before being promoted to the B where he has played a lot as LB because there were already two established CB (Bartra and Fontas).

Blood in his veins, I mean that Bartra is not agressive at all, and while Muniesa is not very agressive either, he is more than Bartra, the transparent devender.

I'm pretty sure RdM won't be giving much time to Romeu and wouldn't mind selling him for less than 10 milion, it's just an opinion. And yes, I know Romeu, he is not a very technical player for Barça.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Romeu is like living off name in this discussion here.

Not one person has talked about his qualities. I just hear catchy cliches like "upside" and "buzz".

Strip away all that nonesense and you have a decent player who decent skills, nothing more and nothing less. The thing that jumps out is he is physically very strong (though pretty immobile) and has better technique than you expect for that size (though still not great).

Dos Santos might be weak and small, but has awareness, plays it with the least amount of touches as possible and rarely messes up his first touch. For a back up holding player, thats pretty much all you can ask for.

Why spend money (10m at that) on someone who probably isnt even better?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Muniesa has long played at LB for Spain & the Barcelona's youth sides

You do realize that Romeu will be starting for the Olympic side of Spain, the current epicenter of best football played on the planet...You're going to dismiss him in comparison to JDS who isn't featuring regularly for El Tri?....A bit mangoes & papayas, non?...I imagine that was the reason a buyback was included in what will ultimately amount to a loan for a player younger than JDS...Sounds like the club values the Catalan player very much
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:02 pm

Why hasnt Dos Santos played for Mexico? Because they have all sorts of problems..zero to do with football.

Romeu playing for Spain means nothing..Arbeloa is the seniors side starting rightback...Arbeloa..
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:11 pm

The Franchise wrote:Why hasnt Dos Santos played for Mexico? Because they have all sorts of problems..zero to do with football.

Maybe because he's also been pretty unprofessional or hasn't impressed...Even Giovani who is in playing no man's land for clubs plays for El Tri

The Franchise wrote:Romeu playing for Spain means nothing..Arbeloa is the seniors side starting rightback...Arbeloa..

Mangoes & Papayas...Arbeloa is playing at RB why?...Because Puyol was not available due to injury, i.e. no central defender depth...Montoya will be the future RB

Romeu has been a featured starter at every youth level for the past 4-5 years in the world's epicenter of foobtalling excellence...It's night & day, Romeu is a talent and JDS is still being groomed into a position...Is he a defender (has played everywhere in defense), a DM or attacking mid?...Romeu suffers from the same problem Javi does, not quite good enough to play in the midfield for Spain's first team...So slot him into central defense
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:13 pm

I wouldn't say being called up (or not called up) for the NT is a good assessment of quality. Going along the same lines of thought, we could argue that Bendtner is a better player than Tevez, because the later doesn't even get called up for the national team. Obviously I'm using extremes, but that line of thought is flawed.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:20 pm

But getting called up for Spain means something, particularly in midfield...Where are the weak links in Spain's midfield going down as young as U16?

And you have to consider that Dos Santos has had opportunities with Mexico but it has never stuck...That's not just down to selection issues
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Romeu getting called up is a bit like Albiol getting called up, he was in the squad before and he's at a big club.

I can think of a couple young holding mids in la liga who are clearly better than him.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:53 pm

I've heard it all now...A midfielder getting called up for La Furia Roja means nothing :coffee:
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Romeu (Chelsea): "Returning to Barça is an option. I've always been a big fan, thanks to them I am where I am, but playing time is crucial."

"If Tito wants me to join, I'll talk to him and I'll consider it. If they show they believe in me, I'd be fine with that."

"Barça have a buyback option. I left knowing about that. If they want to use that option, they should let me know." [sport.es]

via barcastuff
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:30 pm

JDS did get called up for el Tri at the Olympics, he is the one that declined the offer (same with Vela)

Vela due to him claiming he wants to avoid injury (rumors also have it he having problems with the Mexican Football Federation and he isn't going out of spite)

JDS chose to sit behind because he says he wants to try to impress Tito in the pre-season freindlys and try to earn himself a spot on the team. Which, he could of done by impressing in the Olympics.

Both players have gotten negative publicity for there choices
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:01 pm

FCBarça wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Why hasnt Dos Santos played for Mexico? Because they have all sorts of problems..zero to do with football.

Maybe because he's also been pretty unprofessional or hasn't impressed...Even Giovani who is in playing no man's land for clubs plays for El Tri

The Franchise wrote:Romeu playing for Spain means nothing..Arbeloa is the seniors side starting rightback...Arbeloa..

Mangoes & Papayas...Arbeloa is playing at RB why?...Because Puyol was not available due to injury, i.e. no central defender depth...Montoya will be the future RB

Romeu has been a featured starter at every youth level for the past 4-5 years in the world's epicenter of foobtalling excellence...It's night & day, Romeu is a talent and JDS is still being groomed into a position...Is he a defender (has played everywhere in defense), a DM or attacking mid?...Romeu suffers from the same problem Javi does, not quite good enough to play in the midfield for Spain's first team...So slot him into central defense

Clearly your informed.

JDS hasnt been called up because of various incidents, your welcome to google them. Its nothing to do with football. Mexico have treated him horribly in the past and he then got into some sort of issue with prosititutes. Again, nothing to do with football.

This flawed logic is crazy.

Because Romeu plays for youth team he is automatically better lol

Tell me, who else could play that position for Spain and Romeu plays ahead of him? I bet you cant name nobobdy of any note. Your talking like he is playing in front of Makelele lol

You still have yet to name any of Romeu's qualities, you just keep adding to the list of buzz words and catch phrases...we should add "epicenter" now I guess.

-------

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=23101
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down