Who is the best Italian player right now?

+36
Yuri Yukuv
Gil
juventus101
Lord Awesome
Babun
uzonero
Zamuro
wigglesworth
Interista809
teague
Superpeppe
Ali
Swanhends
JuvenelCuore
Mr Nick09
Pedram
pUsHa
EarlyPrototype
S
gkamtu
IzzyC08
Brigate Rossonere
Adrian0911
VivaStPauli
guest7
Red Alert
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
joksa
pdolson
dostoevsky
M99
Vibe
B-Mac
Art Morte
Kick
Adit
40 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Who is the best Italian player right now? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is the best Italian player right now?

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:06 am

And of course I get a negative for speaking the truth. Abbiati was good this season, but he's 33 years old and if you think he's one of Italy's best, you do not watch Calcio. There is a reason why he was never called up to Italy's squad, and there is a reason why he never will be...because Buffon, Viviano, De Sanctis, Sirigu, and even Storari at times are better than Abbiati.

Sorry. Hard truth...now please give me negativity.

Nesta is aged, though he was definately one of the best Italian defenders at some point in his career, but unforunately he is injury-proned as most older players tend to be. Same goes with Pirlo, though I have to admit Italy does not have someone as creatively-gifted as him. Cassano may be somewhat of a viable option to replace Pirlo with, but even he doesn't have that technical gift I don't think.

JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Who is the best Italian player right now? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is the best Italian player right now?

Post by Yuri Yukuv Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:09 am

Its obviously Abate but I'm assuming this is the asking who is the best among mere mortals, then I would have to say Di Natale based on his season.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:10 am

Abate isn't the best Italian...not by a long mile. Come on now, there is a reason he isn't called up to the Italian national team. I'm not trying to hate on him because I think he is a good player, but Milanistas are often boosting him extremely-high by saying he's a top five RB in the world when in actuality, he is not. He is a good player and a good scouting job by Galliani or whoever got him, but he is not worldclass...not yet perhaps, but maybe not ever. Too early to tell.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:17 am

How come you dont think he will be WC? thats a bit harsh no?

Who do you think are 5 better Right Backs by the way?
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:18 am

Rossi for now......but soon Borini.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:23 am

Yuri Yukuv wrote:How come you dont think he will be WC? thats a bit harsh no?

I didn't say he wouldn't be, I said he might not be, or he will be, it's too early to tell. Lots of youth are deemed to be amazing only to blunder eventually. You can never tell.

Rafael, Sergio Ramos, Dani Alves, Maicon, Maggio in no order are better than Abate. If you do not consider Maggio a RB, then I'll even put Lahm there. I can name more though.

JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:27 am

no way its cassano.

rossi easily
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:29 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:Abate isn't the best Italian...not by a long mile. Come on now, there is a reason he isn't called up to the Italian national team. I'm not trying to hate on him because I think he is a good player, but Milanistas are often boosting him extremely-high by saying he's a top five RB in the world when in actuality, he is not. He is a good player and a good scouting job by Galliani or whoever got him, but he is not worldclass...not yet perhaps, but maybe not ever. Too early to tell.
please,dont generalize.i dont think hes even top 15.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:29 am

Yuri Yukuv wrote:How come you dont think he will be WC? thats a bit harsh no?

i'm with cuore on this, and i think there are more than 5 better than him, but i'll only say 5 that are clearly better than him: lahm(even if he's normally a lefter, he does the right wing the same), sagna, sergio ramos, dani alves, maicon. other names could be puyol, glen johnson, branislav ivanovic, bosingwa, casani or van der wiel, but they are debatable cuz for some it's not their natural position or they are unproven at high levels.
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:40 am

Although Rossi may be Italy's best attacker at the moment I wouldn't name him as their best player.

Chiellini has been one of the best defenders in the world for a number of years now and for that reason, I'd give him the honour of being the Azzurri's number one.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:45 am

Ganso wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:Abate isn't the best Italian...not by a long mile. Come on now, there is a reason he isn't called up to the Italian national team. I'm not trying to hate on him because I think he is a good player, but Milanistas are often boosting him extremely-high by saying he's a top five RB in the world when in actuality, he is not. He is a good player and a good scouting job by Galliani or whoever got him, but he is not worldclass...not yet perhaps, but maybe not ever. Too early to tell.

Well I commend you for that, but I think you can advocate on my behalf and say that a lot of Milanistas do indeed boost him beyond realistic proportions.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:56 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Ganso wrote:

Well I commend you for that, but I think you can advocate on my behalf and say that a lot of Milanistas do indeed boost him beyond realistic proportions.

haha, don't get me started :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:58 am

sciacca wrote:
Superpeppe wrote:Di Natale.
Pirlo.
Nesta.
Abbiati.

Cassano would be the best if he stops acting up.
Rossi will be the best

All I agree with is Di Natale.

Pirlo was injured most of the season and hardly played, how does that make him the best?

Nesta? Sure good season, he wasn't the best CB tho...

Abbiatti, sure one of the best this season, surely not a top goalkeeper tho... to claim he's the best. :coffee:

The thread said the best italian right now:

Pirlo even if injured the past season is still one of the best italian in activity.

Abbiati was always underrated and past on by other keepers. But still a great keeper and in good shape.
Nesta is just great plain and simple.
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:38 am

Di Natale had 10 more goals and a few more assists than Rossi. Let's not kid ourselves it's Di Natale. drunken

Who is the best Italian player right now? - Page 3 Antonio-Di-Natale
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:54 am

RoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOossi Smile

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3