Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:44 am

chaval wrote:stay away from pablo please Thumbs up

Oh we will. Twisted Evil

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

January Transfer Window 2012 - Page 15 Empty Re: January Transfer Window 2012

Post by Red Alert Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:25 am

RedOranje wrote:]Is it? We've rarely seen it or even what appears to be the ground work for it. Adam doesn't fit it well. Downing and Carroll don't fit it at all. Maxi does, but doesn't get game time.

Can anyone really say for certain that they know the coaching staff's preferred playing style? Point me to one person on the forums who is sure of it and I'll show you a liar.

There's a reason those 3 have been our most dissapointing players this season. It's pretty clear we attempt to play the 'pass and move' style when Carroll is not in the pitch.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:26 am

Pretty much accepted nothing is going to happen in this window. No one outside the club has any idea on what's going on though.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by edulfc Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:37 am

so still no striker, and we are stuck with the huge gamble Carroll, the aging kuyt and Bellamy not getting any stronger. with no one to support Suarez, how are the goals going to come??
ffs even newcastle has more lethal attackers than us!

edulfc
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:27 pm

ynwa wrote:
RedOranje wrote:]Is it? We've rarely seen it or even what appears to be the ground work for it. Adam doesn't fit it well. Downing and Carroll don't fit it at all. Maxi does, but doesn't get game time.

Can anyone really say for certain that they know the coaching staff's preferred playing style? Point me to one person on the forums who is sure of it and I'll show you a liar.

There's a reason those 3 have been our most dissapointing players this season. It's pretty clear we attempt to play the 'pass and move' style when Carroll is not in the pitch.
It's not clear though, not at all.

There are plenty of times we've played as directly, or utilised the wings more, when Carroll was NOT playing than when he generally is.

I firmly believe this idea that Liverpool are aiming for a pure pass-and-move system to be an archaic myth. Kenny has shown he's more than willing to change things up depending on the opponent and none of the signings (bar Henderson) were really what you'd expect for a side aiming at the supposed style. The youth and reserves play in the 4-2-3-1 system that Rafa installed still, as well, and Kenny has both praised Rafa's set up and made no attempt to change it at the lower levels.

Pass-and-move may be seen from time to time, but it is NOT the first team's main goal, at the moment.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:49 am

We've been linked with Kuyt today,any chance of him leaving ?
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:54 am

Not until the summer, no.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:14 am

I have heard a story that Kuyt will leave in summer for the Dutch club where he started. One of their young striker will come to Liverpool.

Do you have any solid leads in this!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:33 am

Demba Ba ! ! ! CAVANI ! ! ! ! TEVEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the papers make up affraid
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:36 am

If we get Tevez on loan for 6 months, we'll make top four.

Don't believe anything though, as the club has already denied the story. LFC is interested in Cavani, but he won't leave until the summer.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:48 am

ynwa wrote:If we get Tevez on loan for 6 months, we'll make top four.

Don't believe anything though, as the club has already denied the story. LFC is interested in Cavani, but he won't leave until the summer.

and we certainly won't get him then either, because without ANY additions to the starting 11 (or even squad players this window) i genuinely believe that we will not be offering cl football. between players missing, and our squad as players are currently performing, i don't think that's a realistic hope anymore.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:53 am

If we win the Carling Cup, it'll give us a massive boost so I don't see why not. We've always turned it on in the second half of the season anyway. Either way, we're still in a rebuilding process atm, and there's heaps of positives to come out from this season. We're one or two marquee signings away from a title challenge.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:49 am

ynwa wrote:If we get Tevez on loan for 6 months, we'll make top four.

I don't think it's anywhere near as clear cut as that, honestly. Eve disregarding Tevez's emotional baggage and the fact that he hasn't played in months (meaning lack of form and serious lack of fitness) I don't believe he is of the level where we'd be nailed on for a top four spot with him even if he were in form.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:24 am

So many big names will be moving/available in the summer, we MUST get into CL next season to have any chance of signing one of them. Winning a cup will be a very positive outcome in my eyes for the season but it won't make a difference unless we make it to top 4, because without it'll hurt us in the long run.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:12 am

ynwa wrote:If we win the Carling Cup, it'll give us a massive boost so I don't see why not. We've always turned it on in the second half of the season anyway. Either way, we're still in a rebuilding process atm, and there's heaps of positives to come out from this season. We're one or two marquee signings away from a title challenge.

i agree with all of this - i wasn't trying to be pessimistic, i do see a lot of positives in this season, and i too feel that were just those few signings away. that being said, i don't think things like "we always turn it on in the second half" should sway our projection for the season - when a team consistently plays at a certain level (over half a year, at that) there's little reason to believe its going to magically change. this becomes even more so when there are absolutely no changes in personnel. we don't have a king kenny coming in to inspire the side, and we don't have a luis suarez bringing creativity where it lacked. we have the same players we have had all season, and as of now, we're sitting outside the top 4, having dropped many points to worse sides. until i see a consistent string of wins/dominant performances, i'm not going to be particularly enthusiastic about our chances at a top 4 spot.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:52 am

RedOranje wrote:I don't think it's anywhere near as clear cut as that, honestly. Eve disregarding Tevez's emotional baggage and the fact that he hasn't played in months (meaning lack of form and serious lack of fitness) I don't believe he is of the level where we'd be nailed on for a top four spot with him even if he were in form.

I forgot to put the "imo" at the end of the post. None the less, I do agree with most of the points, but I do disaagree with your main one where he's not on the 'level'. He helped the Mancs win the league, and helped the other Mancs on winning their first trophy in over 30 years and was instrumental into getting them the champions league. He may have only passed the 20 goals in one season, but there's no debate that's he's not a great finisher. He's a workhorse upfront, and rarely gives the defenders a sniff off the ball. If it wasn't for his stinking attitude, he would of been arguably the best player in the league. (I rate him as high as Torres and Rooney... back when both of them were class, mind.)

He may not 'nail' on a guaranteed spot, but the boost of a World Class player, and Suarez + Kuyt + Tevez all upfront, would be very hard for teams to defend as they never stop running and put heaps of pressure on their backline. Add to that Gerrard, supporting I don't see why we couldn't make it.

Plus, imagine the Mancs reaction when Suarez + Tevez both play against them at OT. Wink
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:58 am

stevieg8 wrote:i agree with all of this - i wasn't trying to be pessimistic, i do see a lot of positives in this season, and i too feel that were just those few signings away. that being said, i don't think things like "we always turn it on in the second half" should sway our projection for the season - when a team consistently plays at a certain level (over half a year, at that) there's little reason to believe its going to magically change. this becomes even more so when there are absolutely no changes in personnel. we don't have a king kenny coming in to inspire the side, and we don't have a luis suarez bringing creativity where it lacked. we have the same players we have had all season, and as of now, we're sitting outside the top 4, having dropped many points to worse sides. until i see a consistent string of wins/dominant performances, i'm not going to be particularly enthusiastic about our chances at a top 4 spot.

We've always done it mate. For atleast a decade we've turned it on in the second half of the season. I'm not sure what happens, but most of our players just find form and start to win... convincingly.

Though, you could argue that Suarez return will be like a new signing. He was in need of a rest just playing in the Copa America, and then coming back for the first game wanting to play against S'land.

Oh, and there's no doubt King Kenny will inspire the Reds, no matter if he's been for a year now. After the Bolton game, it was clear he changed his ways and went into a more aggressive approach and we managed to kick out both Mancs from the domestic cups. Granted, we've struggled against the teams that sit back, but I can see us doing well. Have faith. Cool
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Kenny Dalglish is adamant that Liverpool will conduct no business in what is left of the transfer window.

The boss expects no new additions to the first-team squad at Melwood before the window closes on Tuesday night.

He said: "There'll be nothing happening here in the transfer window, in or out. There's no need to ask any questions about transfers or speculation or anything else."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/dalglish-no-new-senior-players
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:40 pm

ynwa wrote:Kenny Dalglish is adamant that Liverpool will conduct no business in what is left of the transfer window.

The boss expects no new additions to the first-team squad at Melwood before the window closes on Tuesday night.

He said: "There'll be nothing happening here in the transfer window, in or out. There's no need to ask any questions about transfers or speculation or anything else."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/dalglish-no-new-senior-players

affraid

:brickwall:

Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:09 pm

Geez top 4 not a priority i guess.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:20 pm

I hope and believe that what Kenny says is true. I want us spending no money - except if there's a true bargain to be had (like Hoillett) - we spent plenty in the summer.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:34 pm

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has revealed he turned down an enquiry from Liverpool counterpart Kenny Dalglish about pushing their game back because of the transfer window.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7466499/

scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:57 pm

Yeah...

Delaying the game for the transfer window doesn't make sense if you believe the statement that we will not buy anyone for the senior squad this window.

Therefore, there are only two explanations:
1) We are secretly negotiating with Cavani, Hazard and Granero, and all three will sign on Tuesday.

2) This will be the squad's 4th game in 10 days, and an extra 24 hours would be nice.

Has to be #1. :brickwall:
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Media saying you will sign Ba tomorrow Laughing :facepalm:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:39 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Media saying you will sign Ba tomorrow Laughing :facepalm:

Also getting Tevez AND Masche on loan.
We're thinking about Cavani.

Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:39 am

mr-r34 wrote:Geez top 4 not a priority i guess.

Our team is fine. Just need to start scoring and we'll be fine.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next