McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Fahim89
BeautifulGame
nj
28 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:34 am

RedOranje wrote:Mata for 24m would be better value for money than Adam and Downing for the same, IMO. He'd add more to the side in terms of quality as well.

It depends on what options he has and is he willing to come to a club not in Europe.

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by RedOranje Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:39 am

Sepi wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Mata for 24m would be better value for money than Adam and Downing for the same, IMO. He'd add more to the side in terms of quality as well.

How about all 3 Wink
Awful lot of money spent on players that won't have a starting place.

BeautifulGame wrote:
It depends on what options he has and is he willing to come to a club not in Europe.
That has nothing to do with us actually making an offer. And after landing Suarez and keeping hold of Reina I'm rather confident of DC's and Kenny's ability to convince players of our plan and ambition.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:48 am

RedOranje wrote:
Sepi wrote:

How about all 3 Wink
Awful lot of money spent on players that won't have a starting place.

BeautifulGame wrote:
That has nothing to do with us actually making an offer. And after landing Suarez and keeping hold of Reina I'm rather confident of DC's and Kenny's ability to convince players of our plan and ambition.

Well we dont know whether we are actually making an offer or not.Also no point in making an offer if his agent makes it clear he isnt interested in coming to a club not in CL.

When we signed Suarez no other big European team was interested.If a big club in CL bid for him he would have chosen them ahead of us.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:08 am

Bollocks other European sides weren't in for him. Ajax wouldn't have been so stubborn had other sides not been interested.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:44 am

RedOranje wrote:Bollocks other European sides weren't in for him. Ajax wouldn't have been so stubborn had other sides not been interested.

Like who? Suarez himself said we are the only club to put a firm offer and thats why he came to us.If a big European club with CL football came for him he would have signed for them.Its the same for every footballer.

Villa were stubborn with us over Barry does that mean plenty of clubs were in for him?

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:45 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/englan...ted-to-partner

Luis Suarez has revealed for the first time that he expected to play alongside Fernando Torres when he signed for Liverpool in the January transfer window.

In an exclusive interview with Goal.com UK, Suarez said it was "a shame" that Torres joined Chelsea but insists he is not concerned about Liverpool losing more of their top players.

The Uruguayan striker, who signed from Ajax in a £22.8 million deal, also revealed his desire for Kenny Dalglish to remain as Liverpool manager beyond this season and spoke about his decision to move to Anfield despite interest from top clubs across Europe.

Torres joined Chelsea in a £50m deal on the final day of the winter transfer window, just two days after Suarez passed a medical to complete his move to Anfield – and the 24-year-old admits he did not expect the Spaniard to leave the club.

“Yes, it's true I expected to play with Fernando,” Suarez told Goal.com UK. “Fernando is a very good player. He's got great quality and it would have been nice to play with him.

“It's a shame that he's gone as he is an excellent player and has great qualities. But at the same time there are many other great players at Liverpool.

“When one top player goes, perhaps another great player comes in.”

Torres' departure allowed the Reds to complete a £35m swoop for Andy Carroll but speculation has increased over the future of goalkeeper Pepe Reina, who has suggested he may also seek a transfer.

Suarez believes it is inevitable that footballers may want to move on and is concentrating only on building a partnership with Carroll and improving under the guidance of Liverpool great Dalglish.

When asked whether he is worried about other players following Torres out of Anfield, Suarez replied: “This really is an issue for the club, not for me personally.

“Football is a game that changes on a daily basis so these things are going to happen. I just work hard to play for Liverpool.

"Carroll and Torres are very different players. Andy has had an injury and he's just starting to come back into the game. They have different qualities and ways of playing the game, so you can't really make comparisons.

"They have different styles - one might be better at one thing and the other better at something else. Andy is a big, strong player with many qualities and it will be exciting to play with him.

“Having a manager like Kenny Dalglish is really great for me. He is a person of great history and importance at the club. He's one of the best players the club has ever had and now he's correcting me and training me.

“I think it's really great for me to work with a legend such as Kenny and I have enjoyed it so far.”

When asked whether he wanted Dalglish to remain Liverpool manager, Suarez responded: “Yes, of course. I'm looking forward to working with him more in the future.”

"I feel much worse about the biting incident in Holland than I do about the World Cup handball"

- Read more from our exclusive interview with
Luis Suarez from midday today

Suarez has become an instant hero on the Kop after a highly impressive start to life on Merseyside and starred as he produced two assists in the 3-1 win over rivals Manchester United earlier this month.

Liverpool landed one of the hottest properties in Europe in Suarez, who had attracted interest from the likes of the Reds and Manchester United after scoring 49 goals in all competitions last season.

And the former Groningen and Nacional forward is satisfied he has made the right long-term decision for his career, despite the fact Liverpool sit sixth in the Premier League and may not even qualify for Europe next term.

He added: “I think you have to take hold of the opportunities in the moment and go with them. The opportunity to join Liverpool was there for me in January.

“I was aware of interest from other clubs but Liverpool trusted in me and they were the only ones who specifically asked Ajax to sign me.

“They wanted me a lot and that's why I decided to go with the decision in January. I didn't want to wait until the summer.”

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:49 am

Goal.com, eh?

Bringing out the big guns, I see.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:54 am

RedOranje wrote:Goal.com, eh?

Bringing out the big guns, I see.

You did see that they are direct quotes from him taken from an exclusive interview.Its not like a random quote.

Regardless of that any football will chose the likes of United City and Chelsea at the moment.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:58 am

I can provide quotes from Goal "exclusive interviews" as well, see:

“If Liverpool are interested, then the player would also be interested to hear from them," said the source. "While they are not playing in Europe next season, that would not be a hindrance, because Liverpool is a club with a big tradition."

Frankly, I'm far from an optimist as just about every other Liverpool poster can attest. Yet I still have more confidence in our club's ambition and the men in charge's vision than you seem to. Gotta sting a bit, that.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:06 am

RedOranje wrote:I can provide quotes from Goal "exclusive interviews" as well, see:

“If Liverpool are interested, then the player would also be interested to hear from them," said the source. "While they are not playing in Europe next season, that would not be a hindrance, because Liverpool is a club with a big tradition."

Frankly, I'm far from an optimist as just about every other Liverpool poster can attest. Yet I still have more confidence in our club's ambition and the men in charge's vision than you seem to. Gotta sting a bit, that.

As far i know there is a huge difference between quoting an unknown source and quoting from a direct interview from a player.I am afraid you are in denial.

Being realistic doesnt mean not having confidence in club's ambition.Just because i say United,Chelsea and City are a more attractive at the moment doesnt mean i am doubting their vision.There is areason why the likes of Young and Jones chose United ahead of us.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:19 am

Yea, more money. Not Euro footy.

And they are not a significant enough sample group to be used as a representation of the entirety of footballers.

RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:27 am

Red, go make another dream signing thread. Very Happy
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:35 am

RedOranje wrote:Yea, more money. Not Euro footy.

And they are not a significant enough sample group to be used as a representation of the entirety of footballers.

They went for the lure of CL footy like most footballer would.Same reason why Torres and Mascherano went.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:40 am

^ Torres left for $

Masche left 'cause of Messi. Messi convinced him to leave. He knew LFC was going to die with Roy/G+H.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:42 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Yea, more money. Not Euro footy.

They went for the lure of CL footy like most footballer would.Same reason why Torres and Mascherano went.
Masch also went for family reasons. Torres also went for money and because he was lied to several times by the club.

Or are we ignoring all contributing factors now? Take a deep breath and count to ten, lad. You're letting the heat of the moment affect your posts... and it isn't turning out for the better.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:44 am

Ah, yes. Javier's wife was a b*tch too. Neutral
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:52 am

Times article about the Downing and Adam moves.

Liverpool plotting £24m double swoop
Tony Evans Football Editor
1 minute ago

Liverpool expect to secure the signing of Charlie Adam in the next 48 hours, with Stewart Downing also moving to Anfield in deals totalling about £24 million.
Damien Comolli, the Liverpool director of football, was in talks with Karl Oyston, the Blackpool owner, yesterday to conclude a deal for Adam. Blackpool have been holding out for £10 million for the outstanding player during their relegation from the Barclays Premier League last season, but Liverpool expect to pay about £8 million plus add-ons.

Kenny Dalglish, the Liverpool manager, is an admirer of Adam and despite interest from Aston Villa in the Scotland international, the player has his heart set on a move to Merseyside.

To Adam’s dismay, a £7 million bid from Liverpool was rejected in a frantic end to the January transfer window, but relegation to the npower Championship has forced Blackpool to accept that the player will leave two years after he joined from Rangers for £500,000. Liverpool hope to confirm the move this weekend.
Dalglish will have to work out how to accommodate a growing number of midfield players in his squad, with Liverpool hoping to secure Downing’s signature in the next few days. The England winger has said that he will not extend a contract that has two years left to run with the Midlands club. Liverpool may have to pay £16 million for Downing, giving Villa a profit on a player signed from Middlesbrough for £12 million in 2009.

The arrival of Downing and Adam, after the signing of Jordan Henderson from Sunderland, will give Dalglish many options in midfield. Steven Gerrard is expected to be fit for the start of next season, while Jay Spearing, Lucas Leiva and Raul Meireles will also have high hopes of featuring.
One solution would be to sanction the transfer of Meireles, despite an impressive opening season in the Premier League. Juventus are interested and are willing to offer Felipe Melo in a part-exchange deal, but Liverpool are thought to want cash for the 28-year-old bought from Porto for £11.5 million in August.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:54 am

If we sell Raul/AA for Adam, I'm going to be pissed.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:57 am

RedOranje wrote:

Masch also went for family reasons. Torres also went for money and because he was lied to several times by the club.

Or are we ignoring all contributing factors now? Take a deep breath and count to ten, lad. You're letting the heat of the moment affect your posts... and it isn't turning out for the better.

If Torres was after money he would have moved in last summer itself.Masch himself said he was close to agreeing a new contract last year and then suddenly changed his stance.

Just because someone left us doesnt mean he isnt after money.Torres has more chance of winning CL and League with Chelsea at the moment thats why he left us.Nothing to do with money but to do with ambition.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:11 am

He left for cash mate...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:13 am

No, Mascherano had an agreement with Rafa in the same summer that Alonso left that he'd stay one year then go. He did just that. Also, Rafa left, and he was a huge part of the reason Masch was at Liverpool in the first place. It was not CL related.

How much are Chelsea paying Torres? You're telling me that didn't play a part? And part of the lies told to Torres were related to transfers in that summer, transfers that never materialized and thus he left in the next available window.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:26 am

RedOranje wrote:

How much are Chelsea paying Torres? You're telling me that didn't play a part? And part of the lies told to Torres were related to transfers in that summer, transfers that never materialized and thus he left in the next available window.

Ofcourse money plays a part.If we pay Gerrard peanuts he would leave us in a moment regardless of how much he loves us.But ambition is the main reason Torres went.As i earlier said he has more chance of winning the league and CL at the moment than us.If we were in the CL spots by january he wouldnt have left regardless of how much chelsea offered..

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:29 am

RedOranje wrote:No, Mascherano had an agreement with Rafa in the same summer that Alonso left that he'd stay one year then go. He did just that. Also, Rafa left, and he was a huge part of the reason Masch was at Liverpool in the first place. It was not CL related.

If Mascherano had an agreement with Rafa to leave last window why did he say he was close to signing a new deal?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/7520521/Javier-Mascherano-to-sign-new-Liverpool-deal-soon.html
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:34 am

Did he sign a new deal? No? Huh, guess that might count for something then.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:15 am

ynwa wrote:If we sell Raul/AA for Adam, I'm going to be pissed.

now now mate i guess selling AA would be the right decision considering he isn't comfortable . .& i don't know to some extent i feel Adam would be a better fit in our lineup then AA . .with his performances in EPL he just gets n edge . .although selling Raul for him . . don't if that is right . .

BeautifulGame wrote:Ofcourse money plays a part.If we pay Gerrard peanuts he would leave us in a moment regardless of how much he loves us.But ambition is the main reason Torres went.As i earlier said he has more chance of winning the league and CL at the moment than us.If we were in the CL spots by january he wouldnt have left regardless of how much chelsea offered..

now first of all i do not think we pay Gerrard peanuts! ! now if you think we have to pay STUPID amount for players like ManCity & Chelsea then its different. .

secondly Torres is being salaries which amounts to him being the THIRD highest paid player in the world . .guess after whom?? Ronaldo & Messi. .so money PLAYS a BIG PART! Shocked . . another thing is he knew the team was on the upscale . . still he decided to leave, anyhow no hard feelings Razz

BeautifulGame wrote:No, Mascherano had an agreement with Rafa in the same summer that Alonso left that he'd stay one year then go. He did just that. Also, Rafa left, and he was a huge part of the reason Masch was at Liverpool in the first place. It was not CL related.

Dude! the guy left because he wasn't getting any suga from his wife! a man has got to do what he has to do for some love Razz that's it end of story Razz

:lol!:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:30 am

Now in recent reports it was reported that DC went to Spain last week & went to Valencia & also Real. .

now we all knew what Valencia was all about but still confuses me is what & who was Real for . .

& Gago goes & kills himself in the media! ! would we be bidding for him . .another CM! Shocked
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next