McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Fahim89
BeautifulGame
nj
28 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:16 pm

ynwa wrote:I. Want. Pedro. Leon. Shocked

sadly there is nothing linking him with us . . Sad

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:52 pm

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 19 Scaled.php?tn=0&server=619&filename=kna3

Exclusive pic, Marveaux arrives for a medical at Melwood...
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:30 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:

I dont think Tommo is much reliable gets occasionally but nothing more than that.But thats just me.

come on, he clearly knows people.
he may be occasionaly wrong but most of the time hes spot on.

the most recent being when he tweeted our 3 1st fixtures before they came out yesterday...
i mean, you dont just wildly guess that kind of stuff.
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:01 pm

nj wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

I dont think Tommo is much reliable gets occasionally but nothing more than that.But thats just me.

the most recent being when he tweeted our 3 1st fixtures before they came out yesterday...
Yep i too noticed that.He always gets our starting lineups spot on too.I got the Henderson fee spot on before any media outlet too.Maybe i am unnecessarily doubting him.I was just irritated by the Adam saga.

Hopefully he is correct on Mata too.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:07 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
nj wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

Yep i too noticed that.He always gets our starting lineups spot on too.I got the Henderson fee spot on before any media outlet too.Maybe i am unnecessarily doubting him.I was just irritated by the Adam saga.

Hopefully he is correct on Mata too.

He also said Mancs are trying to hi-jack the deal by paying the Blackpool's chairman's fee. Adam has agreed with us, and I'm pretty sure he wants LFC. He wouldn't have put in a transfer request in January if not.

Fahim89 wrote:
ynwa wrote:I. Want. Pedro. Leon. Shocked

sadly there is nothing linking him with us . . Sad

D.C meeting in Madrid. Everything behind closed doors. I'm allowed to dream. :king:

@nishank: Kudos. That was class. Rep up. cheers
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Its is 2 days since the Zapata quotes have been made public by the player.If we aren't close to the deal or there isn't any truth in this don't everyone think Udinese president would have denied them or atleast clarified those comments particularly seeing the way they give live update about Sanchez deal.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:17 pm

ynwa wrote:
He also said Mancs are trying to hi-jack the deal by paying the Blackpool's chairman's fee. Adam has agreed with us, and I'm pretty sure he wants LFC. He wouldn't have put in a transfer request in January if not.

Not sure this is true.Daniel Taylor,Guardian reporter for Manchester tweeted yesterday that United are 100% not after Adam.He is fairly reliable about united and City.Maybe one of those things Tommo gets wrong.

ynwa wrote:

D.C meeting in Madrid. Everything behind closed doors. I'm allowed to dream. :king:

Is Leon any good?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:31 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
ynwa wrote:

Not sure this is true.Daniel Taylor,Guardian reporter for Manchester tweeted yesterday that United are 100% not after Adam.He is fairly reliable about united and City.Maybe one of those things Tommo gets wrong.

ynwa wrote:

Is Leon any good?

I don't know how to multi quote. :\

Anyway, Daniel Taylor might be right about them not in for Adam, but do you not think SAF will make us pay a reasonable amount for Adam? I'm pretty sure he's just in there to make us pay max dollar for him like we did with Young and Jones. Well, attempted for Jones.

Pedro Leon is a brilliant winger. He was regarded as one of the best Spanish wingers in 09/10 before Madrid bought him for 10m and hardly featured for 'em as Mou didn't rate him aka didn't fit Mou's tactic. He saved RM against Milan in the CL group stages but other than, hardly came off (the bench). He has brilliant crosses (imagine Mata like just right footed) and can beat a man. He's being isolated @ Madrid, so I'm pretty sure he'd be discussed between DC and Kenny. Well... hopefuly. bounce
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:32 pm

ynwa wrote:

it seems you were right Pooi, congrats Very Happy
im readin right now that we indeed were in for Pedro Leon (according to Marca),
apparenly we offered to double hiw wages but he rejected us...

but tbh i dont rate him as high as you do.
not the "marquee" signing i would be waiting for i mean.
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:37 pm

nj wrote:
ynwa wrote:

it seems you were right Pooi, congrats Very Happy
im readin right now that we indeed were in for Pedro Leon (according to Marca),
apparenly we offered to double hiw wages but he rejected us...

but tbh i dont rate him as high as you do.
not the "marquee" signing i would be waiting for i mean.

Wouldn't want him as a marquee signing, but I'd love him to join us. We'd easily buy him for 10m as Real, well Mou, doesn't rate him. bounce

Sad he rejected us though. Shocked What a tw*t. Razz

Do you have the link for it? Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:41 pm

[quote="ynwa"]
nj wrote:
Wouldn't want him as a marquee signing, but I'd love him to join us. We'd easily buy him for 10m as Real, well Mou, doesn't rate him. bounce

Sad he rejected us though. Shocked What a tw*t. Razz

Do you have the link for it? Sad

well as a squad player and if hes doesnt cost too much i would welcome him with open arms too, thats for sure.
good player.

about the link, well, i saw it in a french website, and it was published only a few minutes ago
http://www.sports.fr/cmc/scanner/football/201124/real-madrid-pedro-leon-refuse-liverpool_364655.html?popup
and its also all over twitter,
but im sure it will be all over the others sites aswell in a few mins
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:48 pm

According to Marca, the Spanish winger Pedro Leon Real Madrid rejected an offer from Liverpool. The player 24 years old does not leave the White House despite a first season in which the ghostly former resident of Getafe have been used only 14 times in all competitions, by Jose Mourinho. But the Reds offered him the opportunity to double his annual salary (3 million euros against 1.5 now), but the native of Mula means win at Real when his contract runs until 2016. Note that Tottenham, Bayern Munich, Valencia and Villarreal have also expressed interest in the No. 21 merengue.

Google Translate

Seems about right. Tottenham in the chase. Neutral
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:03 pm

@pooi: good imagination mate . .but the guy has to be really stupid not to take the offer being discussed . . Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:05 pm

ynwa wrote:

Anyway, Daniel Taylor might be right about them not in for Adam, but do you not think SAF will make us pay a reasonable amount for Adam? I'm pretty sure he's just in there to make us pay max dollar for him like we did with Young and Jones. Well, attempted for Jones.

Multi qoute doesnt work for me either.I allign them manually.

Neither Fergie nor Kenny are that cheap IMO.We bid for Jones and Young because we wanted them not to increase their price.Same with United.Usually big clubs like us do transfer dealings professionally and dont involve in unnecessary bidding which could easily result in us ending with unwanted players.Same for United.I cant Fergie ever bidding for a player just to increase the price for the rival.

ynwa wrote:

Pedro Leon is a brilliant winger. He was regarded as one of the best Spanish wingers in 09/10 before Madrid bought him for 10m and hardly featured for 'em as Mou didn't rate him aka didn't fit Mou's tactic. He saved RM against Milan in the CL group stages but other than, hardly came off (the bench). He has brilliant crosses (imagine Mata like just right footed) and can beat a man. He's being isolated @ Madrid, so I'm pretty sure he'd be discussed between DC and Kenny. Well... hopefuly. bounce

Well now that he has rejected us we will move on to better players(hopefully).I dont think we will sign Downing.We will sign Mata and squad winger IMo.What happened to the links to the french winger Poyet?He looked decent on youtube Smile
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:13 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
What happened to the links to the french winger Poyet?He looked decent on youtube Smile
Payet isnt good for a big club like LFC atm.
it would be too big of a step.

he was hugely talked about mainly because he was on fire for 3 months at the end of last year for club and country.

this summer he will surely end up at Paris (with their qatari money) or Lille (to replace Gervinho).

Last edited by nj on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:13 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
ynwa wrote:

Multi qoute doesnt work for me either.I allign them manually.

Neither Fergie nor Kenny are that cheap IMO.We bid for Jones and Young because we wanted them not to increase their price.Same with United.Usually big clubs like us do transfer dealings professionally and dont involve in unnecessary bidding which could easily result in us ending with unwanted players.Same for United.I cant Fergie ever bidding for a player just to increase the price for the rival.

ynwa wrote:

Well now that he has rejected us we will move on to better players(hopefully).I dont think we will sign Downing.We will sign Mata and squad winger IMo.What happened to the links to the french winger Poyet?He looked decent on youtube Smile

We wouldn't have bidded for the two after they both accepted to go to United though. silent
We wanted the Mancs to pay top dollar.

All players look class on youtube. Veronin looked World Class. pirat
Leon would of been class for us though. It's stupid how he wants to 'prove' himself at Madrid, when his manager doesn't rate him at all. scratch

It's on soccernet now.
13.23: According to Marca, former Spain Under-21 winger Pedro Leon has rejected a double-your-money offer from Liverpool as he wants to prove himself at Real Madrid. Spurs, Bayern, Valencia and Villarreal are set to get the same answer if they bid, too, by the sounds of things.

Fahim89 wrote:@pooi: good imagination mate . .but the guy has to be really stupid not to take the offer being discussed . . Razz

I've been playing LA Noire lately. Just ask me anything. cheers

On a whole new note, anyone else think LFC should offer 5m for Fernando Torres? Afro
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:27 pm

ynwa wrote:

We wouldn't have bidded for the two after they both accepted to go to United though. silent
We wanted the Mancs to pay top dollar.

That was only reported by Daily Mail.Hardly reliable source.

Bidding for a player after he clearly indicated he would only go to united wont put any pressure on them.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:30 pm

NESV do it a lot in their baseball league competition thingie with the Red Sox, so I'm pretty sure we bidded 22m for Jones.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:36 pm

ynwa wrote:NESV do it a lot in their baseball league competition thingie with the Red Sox, so I'm pretty sure we bidded 22m for Jones.

I dont know how baseball works but if we bid 22 mil for Jones we are daft TBH.But there were no credible sources saying we bid 22 mil for him .Only Mail reported the story.

You dont bid for players who clearly indicates he dont want to came to u.Thats why Modric has come publicly saying he only wants to go to Chelsea.This rules out chelsea entering into bidding war with the likes of City.Clubs are too smart nowadays to enter into bidding war.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:25 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Fahim89 wrote: i remember some1 saying King would be given a 100m pound transfer budget! i guess that wasn't too wrong! ! Shocked

It's just that the FFP will affect us, too...

There was no way we could avoid this. Years of neglect means we had to overhaul the squad and it also left us with little room to negotiate the price.

However, there are ways to cope with FFP with our spendings:

1. Suarez, Carroll, Mata, Jonson (if the later two are signed) have great appeal and will increase kits sales.

2. They will also increase the match day revenue. Carling Cup game sold only 22,000 which can double.

3. If we can sale the dead-woods, it will bring us millions too.

So we still good.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:10 pm

this i guess have been the most uneventful or disappointing day of for some time now . .don't know what to make of the Marveaux news & nothing at all on Adam or Mata . .hope something comes up soon . . bounce
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Deals expected -

1. Mata
2. Zapata
3. Downing
4. Wickham

Deals apparently broken down -

1. Jones - United OFFICIAL
2. Marveaux - NUFC
3. Adam - Broken down
4. Young - NO CL.

I would have liked at least 2 of the deals that have broken down Sad

But i hope Comolli is doing his job because so far im unimpressed.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Nishank wrote:Deals expected -

1. Mata
2. Zapata
3. Downing
4. Wickham

2. Marveaux - NUFC
3. Adam - Broken down
4. Young - NO CL.

Apart from some random names from Spain, our focus has exclusively been on French & UK players. Even in those regions, either we have missed-out on key players (Young) or we have not been linked with such players (Shako). I still can't understand the absence of German players from our focus list.

True, the developments have been kept in wraps, but I think ATP we can conclude as to where our focus are.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:17 am

Nishank wrote:Deals expected -

1. Mata
2. Zapata
3. Downing
4. Wickham

2. Marveaux - NUFC
3. Adam - Broken down
4. Young - NO CL.

Adam is a NO deal now?!? when did that happen! ! Shocked
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:21 am

Tommo speaks after quite some time . .

Pault86 Paul Thompson
Wickham, Downing and Adam all plan to be completed by LFC next week.

Pault86 Paul Thompson
LFC have told Blackpool they want this deal sorted by Tuesday next week, Expect Adam to force the move more in the next few days.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Tommo speaks after quite some time . .

Pault86 Paul Thompson
Wickham, Downing and Adam all plan to be completed by LFC next week.

Pault86 Paul Thompson
LFC have told Blackpool they want this deal sorted by Tuesday next week, Expect Adam to force the move more in the next few days.

In all fairness, Tommo said something very similar last week about the very same players. Things can still break down as they apparently did last week.

To be honest, I'm hoping that we don't sign Downing until at least after the U21 competition is over. If we sign him now, it's effectively a statement of non-intent on two playes that I rate more highly that him: Mata and Cazorla.

As for Adam, I'm still lukewarm on signing him. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and his playing style. It just seems that we're reinforcing an area that we are relatively strong at with more players than we can realistically hope to feature and subsequently retain.

Has anyone heard anything more about the LB situation. Enrique seems to be a no-go at this point and the last I heard Clichy was linked with a move to Roma. Is this a position that Zapata would be suited for, or is he more of a CB?
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next