McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Fahim89
BeautifulGame
nj
28 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Tommo speaks after quite some time . .

Pault86 Paul Thompson
Wickham, Downing and Adam all plan to be completed by LFC next week.

Pault86 Paul Thompson
LFC have told Blackpool they want this deal sorted by Tuesday next week, Expect Adam to force the move more in the next few days.

In all fairness, Tommo said something very similar last week about the very same players. Things can still break down as they apparently did last week.

To be honest, I'm hoping that we don't sign Downing until at least after the U21 competition is over. If we sign him now, it's effectively a statement of non-intent on two playes that I rate more highly that him: Mata and Cazorla.

As for Adam, I'm still lukewarm on signing him. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and his playing style. It just seems that we're reinforcing an area that we are relatively strong at with more players than we can realistically hope to feature and subsequently retain.

Has anyone heard anything more about the LB situation. Enrique seems to be a no-go at this point and the last I heard Clichy was linked with a move to Roma. Is this a position that Zapata would be suited for, or is he more of a CB?

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:07 pm

donttreadonred wrote:

Has anyone heard anything more about the LB situation. Enrique seems to be a no-go at this point and the last I heard Clichy was linked with a move to Roma. Is this a position that Zapata would be suited for, or is he more of a CB?

The Roma link was from Talksport.Probably rubbish.Read that Arsenal want us to up the bid to around 10 mil.Maybe negotiations are on behind doors.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:05 pm

donttreadonred wrote:
As for Adam, I'm still lukewarm on signing him. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and his playing style. It just seems that we're reinforcing an area that we are relatively strong at with more players than we can realistically hope to feature and subsequently retain.

Yes, almost all of us are with you on your view about Adam.

As for Zapata, He is a CB who can play across defense, Comfortable with the ball at both feet. Ummm my comparison with a EPL player would be like Agger, Cultured can play both CB and LB. He would have about 60% of Agger's potential [ Biased view, I love Agger bounce ]

The negative point about Zapata is his decision making in offense and he won only 72% of his aerial battles in the Serie A last year..

Considering Serie A does not have such tall/physical players, I can see him failing during set pieces. Hope Clarke sorts that out.. :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:24 pm

BS rumors up in twitter that we have signed Nzogbia Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:39 pm

OK current twitter rumors -

1. Nzogbia- Fee agreed, Heading for a medical to melwood when he returns from his vacations.

2. Adam Johnson- 18 million fee agreed..

HMMMMM...
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Nishank wrote:OK current twitter rumors -

1. Nzogbia- Fee agreed, Heading for a medical to melwood when he returns from his vacations.

2. Adam Johnson- 18 million fee agreed..

HMMMMM...

yea dats twitter for all Razz can't really agree to any of those. .n the Nzogbia rumor is almost baseless considering the source Shocked & tommo seems confused about it . . Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:58 pm

pauldalglish Paul Dalglish
A lot of transfer rumours going around about LFC? Leave it to me to give you some cryptic clues.....this could get a little Messi!

now what can that mean Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:03 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
A lot of transfer rumours going around about LFC? Leave it to me to give you some cryptic clues.....this could get a little Messi!

Some latest young sensetion from Argentina.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:06 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:

Some latest young sensetion from Argentina.

well one can never tell every year i see reports of EMERGING KOREN MESSI, CHINESE MESSI, CHILEAN MESSI, RUSSIAN MESSI! ! with so many MESSI's in the horizon one can't really tell Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:28 pm

What?!? "this could get a little Messi!" scratch

Just what in the Sam Hill is that supposed to mean?
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Does he mean Mauro Lucas, No wait he is Brazilian..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:45 am

I think it's just a typo, intended to write "messy".

Now, where's that Zapata guy???
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:50 am

It's Mata people. It's Mata. Cool
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:08 am

Head, meet wall. Wall, head. Get to know each other, I have a feeling you'll be meeting a lot over the coming weeks.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:28 am

Lets complete the Wickham deal ASAP now Very Happy
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:38 am

in the office so cant easily access the net Sad . . . so any news on transfers?
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:51 pm

Latest new rumors -

1. Adam.
2. Lovren [U21 defender for Croatia]
3. JOHN O SHEA.

And Zapata's agent has dismissed that he is close to Liverpool, Meaning its not necessary that he will join Liverpool.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:52 pm

And apparently THE TIMES' Journos have something big, and they are making everyone wait :X
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:31 pm

Got another stat for you,

We all know the signing of Raul took us by surprise, That would not have been the case if we knew that THE GUARDIAN reported the deal two days before it was official :O
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:29 pm

So how long has it been now that Adam was signing "in the next 24 hours"
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:00 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:So how long has it been now that Adam was signing "in the next 24 hours"

72 hours :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Nishank wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:So how long has it been now that Adam was signing "in the next 24 hours"

72 hours :coffee:

Oh well in that case Suspect
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:24 pm

Just over a week.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Adam saga is the new Barry saga Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:33 am

^ In that case we dodged a bullet. Neutral

Let's not sign him. Smile

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:41 am

well according to TOMMO we will walk away from Adam if it isn't completed by today.Also we want to complete all our British signings by June 31st.Make want u want of it though i am skeptical about both.

Pault86 Paul Thompson
Liverpool want all the British based players signed before July 1st.
8 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Pault86 Paul Thompson
By "Deal" I mean at Melwood taking his medical, only a week late due to Mr Oyston.

Pault86 Paul Thompson
For people who do actually take note of my tweets I stated that we want a deal done for Adam before Tuesday. We are prepared to walk away.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next