Jeps33178
Sushi Master
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Eivindo
guest7
54 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

How highly do you rate Godzalo Higuain? - Page 9 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Godzalo Higuain?

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:05 pm

He is a good player, very clinical but nothing special.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Godzalo Higuain? - Page 9 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Godzalo Higuain?

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:31 pm

Zealous wrote:
We could have had a strike force of Higuain, Soldado and Negredo and spent some of our excess money on midfield.

Dont let your bias get in the way, with hindsight we can say that Benzema is better than all three of those. So ultimately we're doing better.

Mr Nick09 wrote:
I thought about it, and i genuinely dont think so (specially with Valdano around), despite Marca having their campaign against him. The way Perez signed his players during that summer, seemed like he wanted
zidane> Kaka
Figo> Ronaldo
Raul> Higuain
Ronaldo> Benzema.
Same as he did the first time. Higuain had proved he could be our goalscorer, the rest was a matter of replacing Raul overtime. But since he never asked anything to Pelle, it didnt work when pelle tried to implement his system. If you remember they all started together at first, then lady luck stroke and Kaka got injured banana

--------------Iker
-Ramos-Pepe-Albiol-Arbeloa
---------Alonso-Lass
---Ronaldo------------Kaka
-------Benzema-Higuain

hmm :bow:
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:32 pm

As high as Chicharito.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:43 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:As high as Chicharito.

higuain is much better than Chicharito that it is not funny. you just lost all your credibility with that statement, you should watch La liga. Higuain is top notch, out of form right now, but quite amazing. In the last 4 seasons, Higuain has 145 games played: 83 goals scored, and 26 assists. He is extremely consistent, and doesnt just rely on poaching. He has actually scored so many amazing goals over the years, and was crucial in Real winning the league in 07.

*I got the stats from wikipedia

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:00 pm

RealGunner wrote:He is a good player, very clinical but nothing special.
Stop hating you Benzema lover. lol
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:44 pm

I have faith he could reach gomez level.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:13 am

For Higuain, it all depends on team tactics. He's as pure 9 as a pure 9 can get. #2 poacher in the world behind Gomez. Perfect for teams like City, Bayern and PSG. Will have troubles with teams who play more of a 4-3-3 scheme because he gets a bit lost outside the box area.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:18 am

Adding to what sport said I think that Higgy can have a really balancing effect on either side of a 4-3-3 it terms of just making runs, working hard and putting in good crosses.

I could easily see him working in Barca's 4-3-3 , but you need 2 other players who are creative, ie creative CF.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:20 am

He could work for Chelsea as well, seeing how they are in need of a clinical finisher, surrounded by hazard and mata, it would look very neat.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:32 am

urbanroots comment was so wrong, the forum, as an entity, decided to neg him personally Shocked
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:52 am

One of the most clinical, and most intelligent forwards of the game, but hes nothing special on the ball which is why benz has been chosen ahead of him as of late

Madrids game involves alot of circulating the ball in which benz is one of the most influential players seeing as hes so creative and good on the ball
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:55 am

personally believe he would score as much as benzema does or more if he started regularly.. hope he doesnt leave and gets that starting spot back soon
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:41 am

Lord Hades wrote:personally believe he would score as much as benzema does or more if he started regularly.. hope he doesnt leave and gets that starting spot back soon
im sure he would as well, but it's not just about scoring, it's also about facilitating our team's attack. That's why in our current context, Benzema is better, and makes us a more dangerous team in general.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:02 pm

bench players always loose their reputation if they dont score in last 15 minutes (when they come in as a sub in 75th minute)
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:33 pm

benzema does deserve the starting spot for now ..

dont think we should see higuain though.. apart from what he has done for us, his loyalty etc , he is a very gifted player, one of the best poachers and offers us something different from benzema.. the way i see it we have two young strikers both borderline world class with a very high ceiling
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:01 pm

StevieRayVaughan wrote:

higuain is much better than Chicharito that it is not funny. you just lost all your credibility with that statement, you should watch La liga. Higuain is top notch, out of form right now, but quite amazing. In the last 4 seasons, Higuain has 145 games played: 83 goals scored, and 26 assists. He is extremely consistent, and doesnt just rely on poaching. He has actually scored so many amazing goals over the years, and was crucial in Real winning the league in 07.

Dude, I watch La Liga a lot and most of his goals are very easy to score - I must admit he has amazing poaching skills and his runs behind defences are very dangerous, but so is Chicharito.

I don't have to put Chicharito's stats because they're ridiculously good, everyone knows them.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:04 pm

It's crazy but I'd like to see Higuain go to Chelsea because he can become one of the top 5 active strikers in the next few years. And he won't do that if he cannot play all the time (which he deserves).

Benzema suits our football more atm, but I'd simply love to see both of them form a deadly duo up front. Sadly that won't happen cause we have Ozil, DiMaria and Ronaldo - and since we don't use our castilla strikers much, no additional strikers for bench.

Sorry if my post is weird or hard to comprehend, I have a fever, so my mind is cooked.
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:53 pm

while i would like to see higuain do it in another club, rip the other teams apart, become top scorers vindicate the belief in him, i am much too selfish to be able to bear his move to another club. still believe he has a great future with us, only a matter of time till he is banging in the goal.s he should really take advantage of this oppurtunity..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:57 pm

does he have anything to prove? we already know he can score goals.

He loses to Benzema because he isnt as good of a stylistic match. As long as Benzema is around, that wont change imo, bar a drop of form ofc.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:00 pm

well you know how strikers are judged a lot by their recent form.. etc.. after a great start he has become a substitute to benzema and while most madrid fans know his capability , he still has a lot to prove to neutrals, since he has failed against some pretty big teams in his career most recently against barca in an imp match.. firmly believe that he can do just that and while staying at madrid .
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:03 pm

Higuain is a Benzema bad patch of form away from taking back the starting role. And considering how football works, that could happen at any time frame...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:For Higuain, it all depends on team tactics. He's as pure 9 as a pure 9 can get. #2 poacher in the world behind Gomez. Perfect for teams like City, Bayern and PSG. Will have troubles with teams who play more of a 4-3-3 scheme because he gets a bit lost outside the box area.

sports? Do my eyes deceive me?
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:36 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
StevieRayVaughan wrote:

Dude, I watch La Liga a lot and most of his goals are very easy to score - I must admit he has amazing poaching skills and his runs behind defences are very dangerous, but so is Chicharito.

I don't have to put Chicharito's stats because they're ridiculously good, everyone knows them.

Again with that statement, to me, it is quite clear you dont watch La liga or atleast Real Madrid. Higuain actually scores lot of good goals. Lots of different kinds of goals. Many of them are runs behind the defenders and require great finish. How are most of his goals easy? People are so ignorant, they hear few people saying that Higuain is a poacher, and they just believe that. It is true Higuain has good poaching skills but he has so much more in his game than that. He is so criminally underrated by the neutrals here. Higuain's not a 10 out of 10 in anything, but he is 7 out of 10 in everything.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:46 am

Benzema is 100x the footballer Higuain is. Higuain has the ability... but chooses to play 80% as a poacher. He's not effective unless the ball is serviced to him in or around the box. He has very little ability to help with the buildup.

That said, he's the second best CF who specializes at poaching behind Gomez. He's better than Falcao imo.

There's no way he regains his starting job unless Benz drops form massively. I doubt that happens.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:47 am

@saeta. My board is Madrid only now. So i have to defend us on a general board lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:57 am

the hell benz is 100 times the footballer higuain is.. granted benzema may be more skillful, technical and better dribbler, but higuain has excellent off the ball movement, positioning , work rate.. his passing is quite underrated too
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum