Is a fit Ribery the second best player in the world?

+32
The Messiah
RealGunner
jibers
Doc
Raptorgunner
billionmillion
StevieRayVaughan
Randall
Geo
Seppuku
djoe26
Zees
Grande_Milano
guest7
S
free_cat
xabi
EarlyPrototype
Lord Hades
VivaStPauli
Magricos
Deathrow898
LeSwagg James
Omniscient
BeautifulGame
Sushi Master
BarcaKizz
Albiceleste
The Madrid One
Le Samourai
El Chelsea Fuerte
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is he #2?

Is a fit Ribery the second best player in the world? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Is a fit Ribery the second best player in the world? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 8 ]
Is a fit Ribery the second best player in the world? - Page 2 Vote_lcap77%Is a fit Ribery the second best player in the world? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 77% 
[ 37 ]
Is a fit Ribery the second best player in the world? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Is a fit Ribery the second best player in the world? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 48

Is a fit Ribery the second best player in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a fit Ribery the second best player in the world?

Post by The Madrid One Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:38 am

Sushi Master wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:Fit Ribery is only behind Messi Iniesta Xavi and a fit Robben.
This is actually pretty accurate. If he maintains his level he could maybe be at equal to these guys, definitely.

Just needs consistency and to avoid injuries.

lol u really believe he is better than Cristiano Ronaldo? Smile

Too much bias i see eco smile
Ronaldo would also be on that list, but I'm quoting Messi here, so go figure.

Anyways, IMO, I would rather have Ribéry rather than Ronaldo just because he's an infinitely better team player.
no i think its because he plays for your team :coffee:

The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Is a fit Ribery the second best player in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a fit Ribery the second best player in the world?

Post by Omniscient Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:42 am

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Not even top 10.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:45 am

Sushi Master wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:Fit Ribery is only behind Messi Iniesta Xavi and a fit Robben.
This is actually pretty accurate. If he maintains his level he could maybe be at equal to these guys, definitely.

Anyways, IMO, I would rather have Ribéry rather than Ronaldo just because he's an infinitely better team player.

Ya u were quoting messi but were also agreeing with his troll attempt.Didnt u?

As for having Ribery ahead of Ronaldo for team player thats just bias.So u would have Nani ahead of Robben because he is better team player than Robben?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:06 am

Am I the only one who doesn't think Robben is all that great lol
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:08 am

Swagg_Johnson wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't think Robben is all that great lol
i think hes overated in the way that everyone always places him among the current best just because "potentially" he is a very technically gifted footballer" when hes actually healthy hes top 10 top 5, but some people just put him there even if hes done nothing of worth due to team form or his own.

hes always there without though from people
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:16 am

The Madrid One wrote:
Swagg_Johnson wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't think Robben is all that great lol
i think hes overated in the way that everyone always places him among the current best just because "potentially" he is a very technically gifted footballer" when hes actually healthy hes top 10 top 5, but some people just put him there even if hes done nothing of worth due to team form or his own.

hes always there without though from people

I also think he is over-rated, I get shocked when people put him in the same class as Messi and Cristiano
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathrow898 Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:23 am

NO way hes not hes a good player but not in the top 5. To be honest there are other players on ribery's level.
Deathrow898
Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:41 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:

As for having Ribery ahead of Ronaldo for team player thats just bias.So u would have Nani ahead of Robben because he is better team player than Robben?
It's not bias, it's tactics.

Bayern's game is completely dependant on teamwork for it to work. It's scoring is mostly dependant on 1 player, a poacher. Gomez (the poacher) and Ronaldo wouldn't work at once, because they'd starve each other out. Gomez isn't a player to assist, and neither is Ronaldo. You'd have stutters in attack which you see commonly in Madrid. So in Bayern's case, I'd take Ribéry for several reasons apart from the mentioned:
1. Ribéry is much better in opening up spaces, dribbling in close quarters and generally in assisting. 15 assists total, along with 11 goals in a very shitty 2010/2011 Bayern season.
2. Ribéry is unpredictable. Ronaldo can be very 2 bit at times.
3. Telepathic relationship with Lahm. Mostly due to his teamwork skills, they overlap and cause havoc down any opposing right flank.
4. Can actually take decent free kicks, whether direct or non direct.
5. Is not a diving fairy.

Last edited by Sushi Master on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:44 am

Sushi Master wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:

It's not bias, it's tactics.

Bayern's game is completely dependant on teamwork for it to work. It's scoring is mostly dependant on 1 player, a poacher. Gomez (the poacher) and Ronaldo wouldn't work at once, because they'd starve each other out Gomez isn't a player to assist, and neither is Ronaldo. You'd have stutters in attack which you see commonly in Madrid. So in Bayern's case, I'd take Ribéry for several reasons apart from the mentioned:
1. Ribéry is much better in opening up spaces, dribbling in close quarters and generally in assisting. 15 assists total, along with 11 goals in a very shitty 2010/2011 Bayern season.
2. Ribéry is unpredictable. Ronaldo can be very 2 bit at times.
3. Telepathic relationship with Lahm. Mostly due to his teamwork skills, they overlap and cause havoc down any opposing right flank.
4. Can actually take decent free kicks, whether direct or non direct.

Is a fit Ribery the second best player in the world? - Page 2 Ronaldo-ballon-dor-2008

Is a fit Ribery the second best player in the world? - Page 2 Ribery_DW_Sport_Mar_257894g
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:46 am

He won that while in United, when he was a more complete player. Next, please.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:47 am

Sushi Master wrote:He won that while in United, when he was a more complete player. Next, please.
Is a fit Ribery the second best player in the world? - Page 2 Failure-of-logic-fail-demotivational-poster-1209989155
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:55 am

Ribery better than CR7 :facepalm:

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:00 am

CR7 is a better player than Ribéry, but for Bayern, Ribéry is better.

Sorry, it's what you get by forming a football team first, diva school second, rather than the other way around. :coffee:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:08 am

So you are basically saying RM is a Diva school yet you all still lost to a poor Inter team last season yet Bayern is the football team.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:15 am

Actually, our nickname is "FC Hollywood", due to the sometimes dramatic nature of the team.

We're not as bad as Madrid, but we're pretty bad, Germany wise.

What I'm saying is that Madrid would be winning a lot more trophies if you created your team into an actual team, rather than relying on expensive, ego driven superstars.

I will admit though, you currently have an awesome young, talented team which can bring you much success. First time I see a (semi) likeable Madrid squad. I just don't see Ronaldo as the type of player to depend on.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:25 am

Sushi Master wrote:He won that while in United, when he was a more complete player. Next, please.

He is as much of of a complete player if not more now at Madrid.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:12 am

Great thread. Very Happy

While I voted "no", I would like to point out that Ribéry is extremely underrated these days (though it's changing and he'll probably be overhyped in a week or two^^) - I just don't think that he's complete enough to be a top3 or maybe even top5 player.

To me, the top 5 has to be made of players like CR7, Messi, Xavi, Schweinsteiger, maybe Özildane - then there's the lesser, but still quite complete players like Sneijder or Iniesta... And then maybe Ribéry slightly in front of Robben, who might be better at what he does, but is more one-dimensional than Ribéry, and I'm a great friend of flexibility and complete players.

And f*ck me, in the City game Ribéry even popped up in Bayerns penalty box a couple times to help clear a ball. Robben only does that in leap years.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:14 am

Sushi Master wrote:

+1 Rep :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:30 am

ronaldo would take to bayern munich like a fish to water.. he will be succesful in every club team he plays for..

and 3 or 4 good performances from ribery and he is better than cr7.. kneejerking wow
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:17 am

Another troll thread.

Is this even being discussed?

Ribery is not even on Ronaldo's level.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:34 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:Another troll thread.

Is this even being discussed?

Ribery is not even on Ronaldo's level.

plus any one who says they would take 2 good games ,30 games injured ribery over ronaldo because he has better relationships with his teammates or whatever is just delusional or biased and / or both
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:53 am

I agree, Ribery is the second best player in the world after Ronaldo. Messi is third with 0 goals in 17 last official match games for argentina.
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:27 am

Not even top 10.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Please stop Overrating Oezil you guys..he has done nothing to be ranked amongst the likes Messi,Ronaldo,Iniesta etc and he still has time on his side to earn the accolades which he has been touted to achieve..

As for Ribery?I certainly think he's a top 10 player but certainly not top 5..Infact i'd rank Robben in top 5..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Please stop Overrating Oezil you guys..he has done nothing to be ranked amongst the likes Messi,Ronaldo,Iniesta etc and he still has time on his side to earn the accolades which he has been touted to achieve..

As for Ribery?I certainly think he's a top 10 player but certainly not top 5..Infact i'd rank Robben in top 5..

None rates him higher than these. Some rate him higher than Ronaldo tough (I do) and that is becouse he is a team player. He doesn't forget that behind him there are 10 other players that want to contribute to the game as much as him. He is however top 10 IMO, he proved himself to be that in the WC, 1st season for Madrid and he has been good for Werden Bremen too.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Amazing how underrated Bayern is, hope they face EPL team or Real in playoffs. Rooting for you after all this BS on forums and internet.

Ozil played like 1 season+WC, he is already rated top 10, some put him top 5, cmon now.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next