EPL's top teams in decline

+39
Red Alert
EarlyPrototype
VivaStPauli
BeautifulGame
Le Samourai
BarrileteCosmico
windkick
El Chelsea Fuerte
leemhuis
Lord Awesome
Zealous
xabi
baresi
Swanhends
Gil
Doc
S
Fadi
Albiceleste
pUsHa
RealGunner
The Messiah
urbaNRoots
Lord Hades
Art Morte
Sushi Master
RED
spanky
jibers
archwooohh
Lex
Arquitecto
Grande_Milano
Turok_TTZ
LeVersacci
Dnmac4
Interista809
justdoit_
Babun
43 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Chelsea is underrated, do not want to meet them, talent is there. Remember, Hiddink struggled too at the beginning.

Are you saying that Villas-Boas is struggling?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 5952
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:42 pm

Fact: English teams have improved, a bit.
Fact: Bayern has improved more, making the relative power of English teams seem lesser since 'greatness' is a relative attribute anyway.
Fact: English teams in 07/08 were more dominant than now, no sense in arguing otherwise.
Fact: Man City have a lot to prove in Europe, Napoli stands a better chance of going on than them.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27888
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by Le Samourai Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:47 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Fact: English teams have improved, a bit.
Fact: Bayern has improved more, making the relative power of English teams seem lesser since 'greatness' is a relative attribute anyway.
Fact: English teams in 07/08 were more dominant than now, no sense in arguing otherwise.
Fact: Man City have a lot to prove in Europe, Napoli stands a better chance of going on than them.

It's debatable.If Man city somehow find a way to get the best out of their talent . affraid

If not , Napoli has been a unit for a long time now. But individual talent goes a long way in this dogfight called the group stages.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by windkick Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:58 pm

I mean in the past 4 years, not last year
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6251
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:24 pm

3 out of 8 QF teams last year were PL teams.More than any other league.
And 2 PL teams were eliminated by Barca and other one btw themselves.(united eliminated Chelsea).

Yes they have declined in the last 3-4 years but only Real Barca and Bayern have really improved in the time.As a league they are still performing better than anyother league.So even if they are in decline no other league is exactly catching up them atm.


BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:28 pm

I think PL teams will be strong again.

Chelsea are clearly rebuilding and going uphill after last season, Liverpool are building a good squad (need to make some wiser choices in the future though), Man Utd's young side are already showing good signs (need to add in some areas) and Man City have the Sheiks.

I can see a pretty strong PL like before in the future.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 5952
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by Le Samourai Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:32 pm

english_jewel wrote:I think PL teams will be strong again.

Chelsea are clearly rebuilding and going uphill after last season, Liverpool are building a good squad (need to make some wiser choices in the future though), Man Utd's young side are already showing good signs (need to add in some areas) and Man City have the Sheiks.

I can see a pretty strong PL like before in the future.

Yea...I don't get this thread.

The four big teams in England are in a great position going forwad from here.(sorry Arsenal).How they could be in decline is beyond be.

Recently underwent decline is more like it.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:42 pm

english_jewel wrote:I think PL teams will be strong again.

Chelsea are clearly rebuilding and going uphill after last season, Liverpool are building a good squad (need to make some wiser choices in the future though), Man Utd's young side are already showing good signs (need to add in some areas) and Man City have the Sheiks.

I can see a pretty strong PL like before in the future.

This imho. Okay, Chelsea probably was a bit late with replacing the old with the young, and 'Pool needs another season, but besides that... City will eventually figure out a way to get something out of all their talent and Utd is always strong. I think Real is just bouncing back and Bayern is improving vastly, while Barca isn't slowing down, that makes the English clubs seem less threatening by comparison, but the EPL still fields 5 or 6 teams who can be argued to deserve UCL football.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8975
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by Babun Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:28 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Fact: English teams have improved, a bit.
Fact: Bayern has improved more, making the relative power of English teams seem lesser since 'greatness' is a relative attribute anyway.
Fact: English teams in 07/08 were more dominant than now, no sense in arguing otherwise.
Fact: Man City have a lot to prove in Europe, Napoli stands a better chance of going on than them.
I really like you, no homo, Alfred eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:01 am

ahaha good job Babun Smile
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:21 am

Rolling Eyes

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by Babun Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:43 pm

Chelski tied away to Valencia. I'd regard it as a good result for them except Valencia were all over them for 90 minutes eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:45 pm

England should be proud having Arsenal Very Happy
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17194
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by Gil Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:48 pm

babun1024 wrote:Chelski tied away to Valencia. I'd regard it as a good result for them except Valencia were all over them for 90 minutes eco smile

They barely threatened us throughout the game.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 9447
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by Babun Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:50 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:England should be proud having Arsenal Very Happy
I saw what you did there :lol!:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:50 pm

Gil wrote:
babun1024 wrote:Chelski tied away to Valencia. I'd regard it as a good result for them except Valencia were all over them for 90 minutes eco smile

They barely threatened us throughout the game.

Suspect

Piatti chance? Soldado chance? they were great chances.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by lszanto Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:51 pm

babun1024 wrote:Chelski tied away to Valencia. I'd regard it as a good result for them except Valencia were all over them for 90 minutes eco smile

Um? If not for one idiot on our team would have been a comfortable 1-0 win and could have easily been 2 or 3 if not for their keeper.

Considering Barca drew with them 2-2 at the same ground I don't think it's a poor result.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 3354
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by Babun Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Gil wrote:
babun1024 wrote:Chelski tied away to Valencia. I'd regard it as a good result for them except Valencia were all over them for 90 minutes eco smile

They barely threatened us throughout the game.
So I was hallucinating when Piatti and co. almost scored? Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:54 pm

Chelsea fans are delusional. Valencia had 16 shots on target and 58%, cut the bull and swallow the draw.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4472
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by REWB Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:54 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Gil wrote:
babun1024 wrote:Chelski tied away to Valencia. I'd regard it as a good result for them except Valencia were all over them for 90 minutes eco smile

They barely threatened us throughout the game.
So I was hallucinating when Piatti and co. almost scored? Very Happy

lol i dont get you babun, Valencia are laliga 3RD best team, so your telling me at home, you dont even expect them to create chances or control a game a bit. do you rate them so lowley?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 5436
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:56 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Gil wrote:
babun1024 wrote:Chelski tied away to Valencia. I'd regard it as a good result for them except Valencia were all over them for 90 minutes eco smile

They barely threatened us throughout the game.
So I was hallucinating when Piatti and co. almost scored? Very Happy

lol i dont get you babun, Valencia are laliga 3RD best team, so your telling me at home, you dont even expect them to create chances or control a game a bit. do you rate them so lowley?

Normally teams outside the top 2 aint rated by people, especially from other leagues. So it was a good day for Spanish football.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by REWB Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:10 pm

after seeing the highlights on skysports, i saw more chances from chelsea then valencia...i dont know what your on about babun...ramires and anelka had a one on one and torres had like two golden opportunities were the valencia's goalkeeper was incredible.... valencia hardly threatened sept for piatti chance, gil was right. the game was a fair result.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 5436
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:32 pm

Valencia had their fair bit of chances but Chelsea had the more clear cut chances. It was a goal keepers day IMO..
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 4541
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:48 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:Chelsea fans are delusional. Valencia had 16 shots on target and 58%, cut the bull and swallow the draw.

What were you responding to and what's your point? No one's complaining ffs.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 5952
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:02 pm

It doesn't matter.

Stoke and Newastle are on the rise

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by Babun Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:09 pm

Sepi wrote:It doesn't matter.

Stoke and Newastle are on the rise
Stoke :bow: :bow: :bow:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

EPL's top teams in decline - Page 4 Empty Re: EPL's top teams in decline

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum