City vs United: Which one is more loaded in attack?

+15
Vyey
Kev
Lord Hades
B-Mac
lszanto
Grande_Milano
Dnmac4
Albiceleste
jibers
Gil
Highburied
Swanhends
Kick
cyberman
Art Morte
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

City vs United: Which one is more loaded in attack? - Page 2 Empty Re: City vs United: Which one is more loaded in attack?

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:09 am

This is a really hard question to answer and I support City so I am probably somewhat biased.

The biggest factor is Rooney. The thing that no one talks about is he is somewhat like Messi nowadays and really doesn't have a defined position anymore. HE floats all over the place and in certain games he creates and others he finishes and most of the time he does both.

Since the second half of last year until now I don't think he gets the credit for how much his games has changed for the better. He used to be an out and out English style striker but he is so much more now and drives United.

So it's hard to compare because I think if Aguero were to be hurt for a month they could throw Tevez in and be OK. On the other hand United cannot replace what Rooney does for them so right now I would have to have Rooney over Aguero and it really pains me to say it.

As far as depth it's not close City wins there as Dzeko is better then Berba and Tevez is better then Chicharito NOW maybe not in a year or two.

And Silva is the best attacking midfielder in the EPL so he is better then Nani. I'm not a huge Nasri fan so I'd take Ashley Young over him.

Numbers and depth wise City is better but with Rooney playing at the level he is right now I guess you have to take United.

Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

City vs United: Which one is more loaded in attack? - Page 2 Empty Re: City vs United: Which one is more loaded in attack?

Post by jibers Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:11 am

highburied wrote:Nasri Silva

Tevez Dzeko Aguero

Only Barcelona (with Messi) may have a better attacking line.

I know the 8-2 scoreines still hurt, but I didn't think it would make arsenals fans deluded. Tevez doesnt even start for city so that attacking line is null, he was a bench player for us, so again FAIL. Dzeko was a flop last season and all of asudden hes the best thing since sliced bread? WHo would nasri bench? Nani? Young? No chance in hell. we play with pace. Nani is better than Nasri.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:11 am

just looked up dzeko

hes only scored more than 13 goals in a season 2 seasons in his career..thus far
berbatov? 10

love this short term view of city..where were these threads last year? anybody?
judging on 5 games huh? 5 games where utd have out done them attacking wise ffs

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:12 am

cyberman wrote:just looked up dzeko

hes only scored more than 13 goals in a season 2 seasons in his career..thus far
berbatov? 10

That is the part I don't understand. Highburied is just jelly. City drew with fulham after being 2-0 up. They are not in our league.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:14 am

berbatov? 10

He's also 5-6 years older and in the last 3-4 years he has been playing on one of the best teams in the world while Dzeko was in Wolfsburg. I know you can see the difference.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:17 am

silva best attacking midfielder lol

i mean jesus, have you seen nani for the last 2 years? his stats? performances?
am i watching different games here?

take rooney out and were undefeate for how many games and top of the league. you know how?
look at august to december last year when berba stepped up to the plate

in a week where mancini cries about lack of depth, we get a post claiming city are way ahead of utd in depth..

lol what?

fcuk it, im going to enjoy this.

only utd can be judged weaker in depth when they only play 2 players that reached the CL final last year for most of the beginning of the season and dominate

berbatov chicharito

park carrick giggs valencia

best 2nd string in the world today

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:20 am

[quote="dnmac4"][quote="cyberman"]just looked up dzeko

berbatov? 10

judging on 5 games huh? 5 games where utd have out done them attacking wise ffs[/quote]

He's also 5-6 years older and in the last 3-4 years he has been playing on one of the best teams in the world while Dzeko was in Wolfsburg. I know you can see the difference.[/quote]

yeah, who were wolfsberg in germany? minnows huh? lord knows how he got oppertunities to score for them

you saying he had an advantage in utd? berba doesnt play big games..hes struggled for a long time

struggling to fit into utds style of play isnt an advantage for berbatov kid, look at tevez when he was here.

dzeko was a laughing stock last year, 1 good game v spurs and suddenly hes the bees fcking knees

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 am

ok
up to when berbatov was 26, having never played for utd [ unfair advantage after all] berbatov scored more than 13 goals in 7 seasons

people forget how good berbatov really is

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:23 am

Nani and Young>Silva and Nasri atm, might change. Though City's pair are bigger names there are not better than their United counterparts.

Rooney craps over any City's striker, but Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli are superior to United's Berba, Chicharito, Owen.

So, United has better wide forwards and best center forward, City's has more quality at bench.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:26 am

Grande_Milano wrote:Nani and Young>Silva and Nasri atm, might change. Though City's pair are bigger names there are not better than their United counterparts.

Rooney craps over any City's striker, but Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli are superior to United's Berba, Chicharito, Owen.

So, United has better wide forwards and best center forward, City's has more quality at bench.

How Nasri is bigger than nani i will never understand tbh. Nani is better than nasri and has been for a while.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:28 am

balotelli?
when will this mans hype die?

i guess its another season of "if he sorts out his attitude hed be world class..so well consider him great till he does achieve it...but if not, well blame the manager / english football..then describe it as a shame cause he was so damn good...then hell buy an island with cassano somewhere and rename it overrated but got away with it club med.."

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:28 am

jibers, Silva is bigger than Nani, not Nasri, but thats for his NT displays 2008-

Young should prove imo, from small club to a big one. Nasri has been there longer

Cyber, to ignore Balotelli's talent is like ignoring Ganso's one (you do both). Balo is in bad situation, he is 4th in pecking order, plus all these problems following him. In winter when he leaves, he'll explode at new team

Last edited by Grande_Milano on Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:29 am

valencia is better than young

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:33 am

Dude your own coach didn't even put Berba on the team sheet for the CL final. a) I think SAF knows more about his form then you B)It's hard for him to get on the field now. C) he's an over 30 striker who's best days are behind him. Dzeko is going to be entering the prime of his career, there just in different stages of there footballing careers it's pretty simple.

You know I did pick United as better overall correct? You need some xanax man.

And yes to me Silva is better then Nani, some games Nani is the best player on the field no matter who there playing and others he disappears, Silva is consistent all the time. Not to mention when they take him out of City's line up there a much different team, see Fulham game if you need an example. Up 2-0 he leaves, ends up 2-2. And again, SAF didn't even start Nani in the CL final, that would NEVER happen with Silva.

As for depth I don't rate Park or Carrick, sorry give me any of yaya or De Yong or Barry over Carrick, and Adam Johnson over Park.

And then I would also take Tevez over Chicharito and Balotelli over Berba.

So out of the 6 you named for your second string I'll take 4 from City and 2 from United.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:40 am

sir alex also choose berbatov over tevez

still saying sir alex knows best?

the amount of times silva went m issing last year was ridiculous, blame mancini all you want but no way are you rewriting history to make silva out to be playing like this all year, except for carragher and the resulting run in last year..nani has

nani was fantastic but valencia was better. thats not a negative to be used against nani, thats a plus for our squad..which you are arguing about

not a chance kid

im sick of this..city have proved nothing..nothing. you finished 3rd last year, and only because arsenal fell to pieces.
you are nothing until you prove it

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:43 am

i mean, how can i debate with you when silva is starting all these mythical CL finals?
why not award him 10 ballon dors and really put it to bed?

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:43 am

I VOTED FOR UNITED YOU IDIOT. Jesus man. And you know Silva did have a career at Valencia before the EPL but I know it's hard for PRemfaces to realize things like this.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:45 am

cyberman wrote:sir alex also choose berbatov over tevez

the amount of times silva went m issing last year was ridiculous, blame mancini all you want but no way are you rewriting history to make silva out to be playing like this all year, except for carragher and the resulting run in last year..nani has

nani was fantastic but valencia was better. thats not a negative to be used against nani, thats a plus for our squad..which you are arguing about

not a chance kid

im sick of this..city have proved nothing..nothing. you finished 3rd last year, and only because arsenal fell to pieces.
you are nothing until you prove it

SAF didn't just not choose Berba for the game, he didn't even make the 25 man roster.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:45 am

up until the carragher tackle, nani started something like 50 games and only came out on the losing side once
he had something ridiculous like 40 goals and assists in 40 games

i havent the exact stats but i posted a link to them many times on here and im not going to find them again
inconcistent nani is a myth and lazy journalism

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:51 am

[quote="dnmac4"][quote="cyberman"]sir alex also choose berbatov over tevez

not a chance kid

you are nothing until you prove it[/quote]

SAF didn't just not choose Berba for the game, he didn't even make the 25 man roster.[/quote]

and what?
sir alex wanted more midfield options than strikers since thats where you battle barca and berba was off form

it was clearly a mistake

i know silva had a career at valencia, but are his performances and stats really that much better than what young did? young is 2nd in assists over the last 5 years to cesc fabregas only in the EPL and he played for Villa, not the 3rd best team in Spain

utd, barca, madrid etc all looked at silva and turned him down, theres obvioulsy something that doesnt appeal to other clubs that makes me doubt him
last year for example, i thought he was so impotent in front of goal. genuinely no goal threat at all. its not as if hes playing in a position that makes this a non issue

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:07 am

Well both City and United have played 2 common opponents in Bolton and Tottenham.

Tottenham:
- City: 5 goals
- United: 3 goals

Bolton:
- City: 3 goals
- United: 5 goals

Both played Bolton away but United played Tottenham at home.

In total across both matches they are equal despite United having the advantage of one of the games at home.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:29 am

lol seriously let them keep there City attack...i'll keep are united squad and go about winning, while City buy every striker that is the next big thing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:47 am

berbatov? 10

just looked up messi

he has ONLY scored more than 10 goals in a season 5 seasons in his career.. thus far
berbatov? 11
so berba is better than messi too? :arrow:

Last edited by diptiman on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:20 am

Didn't quite expect this when started this thread lol

And yeah, I forgot Hernandez!

Personally I rate both clubs' strikers to be 50-50. I think people overlook Berbatov and Owen too easily when compared to Balotelli and Tevez / Dzeko.

Moreover, imagine what Berbatov could do at Newcastle, for instance. Balotelli at Everton. They would make some teams significantly more dangerous, but instead they get no BPL starts whatsoever.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:48 pm

If SAF coached City instead of Mancini, City's attack would be hailed as the best if not one of the best attacks in the world. The reason? SAF is able to bring out the absolute best out of his players, while Mancini is not (yet). For example, Balotelli under SAF would be a completely different player to what he is today. He'd be a more disciplined, more organised, a more mature and just downright better player than what he is now. It's a fact and a testament to SAF's man- management skills. Talentwise, City's attack is just as good as United's, but the only difference is that United's attack is fulfilling it's potential, while City's is not (yet).

United's attack may be better now, but it's only because of SAF.

Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vyey Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:13 pm

United's squad get so underrated on this forum because of SAF. The guy is a great coach and probably one of the best ever but he receives all the recognition that people tend to forget that we have GREAT players.

This United's mentality and chemistry crap is getting old. Chemistry? Really? Three players from last season retired plus three more were bought then add the fact that Welbeck and Cleverley are brought back. That's eight changes from last season. How the fcuk do you build chemistry when the team haven't played 10 competitive games.

De Gea
Smalling Jones Evans Evra
Nani Cleverley Anderson Young
Welbeck Rooney

Five of those weren't even playing for Utd last season. Anderson, Smalling, and Evans were not even starters. So where the fcuk is this United's chemistry crap blah blah come from?

Vyey
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next