Cavani's Situation and the Talk of Finding the right set-up

+4
S
Sushi Master
guest7
Great Leader Sprucenuce
8 posters

Go down

Cavani's Situation and the Talk of Finding the right set-up Empty Cavani's Situation and the Talk of Finding the right set-up

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:01 pm

2 years ago, Cavani was a promising striker for Palermo in their fight to get 4th spot, but after failure to achieve that, ZAMP (yes ZAMP) agreed to loan him to a direct rival with option to purchasee of 15M Euro.

Mazzari's 3-4-3 suited Cavani who used to play as a LF in Palermo perfectly as Mazarri used him as a #9. With Lavezzi and Hamsik supporting him in counter attacking team, Cavani became one of the deadliest strikers in world football. Edinson Cavani found HIS CLUB, the same way Arsenal was Henry's club...or Chelsea was Lampard's club...just formations who get 200% of the player and they are born to play in that style.

Cavani on the other hand, is most of the time underwhelming for his national side,e as he is played as a LF like his Palermo days...Hence, Uruguay seem more fluid with him out of the side. Cavani is the perfect example of , Perfect set up for perfect player at perfect club situation.

The question is...can you think of any other cases like Cavani who found the perfect system (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T TURN IT INTO BARCA BASHING).....or do you think Cavani would be as deadly for someone like Chelsea/Inter/or R.Madrid ?!

Back to top Go down

Cavani's Situation and the Talk of Finding the right set-up Empty Re: Cavani's Situation and the Talk of Finding the right set-up

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:04 pm

Sepiiee Sepp Nasri
@Da_Choonzaholic I am retiring from GL for a while...have fun there

:coffee:

And yes Sepi i do..... Juventus should do everything possible to sign him should they qualify for CL imo he could become a bigger legend to them than Trezeguet.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Cavani's Situation and the Talk of Finding the right set-up Empty Re: Cavani's Situation and the Talk of Finding the right set-up

Post by guest7 Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:05 pm

Cavani is the best true 9

Would do great in any team if he is played as a 9
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:06 pm

Schweinsteiger, once he was turned CM.

Cavani would fit well anywhere, he's that good.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Schweinsteiger, once he was turned CM.

@ Mole, tbh, I thought we'd get flamed after our atrocious game at WHL (Hodgson-esque performance) and I didn't even read the thread discussing that gamee, cause I don't want to remind me of that, and I avoided showing our games' highlights at the show last night too Laughing ...but thank to Man U and Torres' miss, it has been forgotten Razz

@Sushi
How come he is very ordinary for his national side though.

Honesetly, I really think Uruguay benefited when he got injured in Copa...He was atrocious in the first 2 games when he played.

I think he is super deadly, but at the same time, he's found his heaven.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:15 pm

Sepi wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Schweinsteiger, once he was turned CM.

How come he is very ordinary for his national side though.

Honesetly, I really think Uruguay benefited when he got injured in Copa...He was atrocious in the first 2 games when he played.

I think he is super deadly, but at the same time, he's found his heaven.
He was injured in the first half hour against Peru. The first game. So he pretty much barely played in Copa América.

EDIT: And yes, as Mole said he plays on the wings at Uruguay.

Last edited by Sushi Master on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:16 pm

Sepi he plays on the wing for Uruguay......

Uruguay need to ship out Forlan and play Cavani and Suarez Shocked
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:23 pm

I havent watched much of Copa America honestly...But going by their setup in last year's world cup Forlan was basically deployed as a deep lying forward and with Suarez and Cavani on either side of the flanks..

With Cavani's goalscoring prowess,time has coming to play Suarez behind Cavani..I think there's the future for Uruguay..

It should be something like this

Muslera

Fucile-Lugano-Godin-Caceres

Gonzalez-Gargano-Rios/Perez-Alvaro Periera

Suarez-Cavani
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:34 pm

Rory Delap and the entire Stoke team are all the perfect fit for eachother
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:39 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Sepiiee Sepp Nasri
@Da_Choonzaholic I am retiring from GL for a while...have fun there

:coffee:

And yes Sepi i do..... Juventus should do everything possible to sign him should they qualify for CL imo he could become a bigger legend to them than Trezeguet.....

Good suggestion, but considering De Laurentiis being in charge, I doubt he'll let Cavani go for anything under 40m, which makes me a bit hesitant. In the end I think we should try and sign him, he might become one of the Juve greats Very Happy
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:05 pm

Fernando Torres and Liverpool.......Atletico's style didnt fit him so he wasnt such a big thing in Spain, Spain's tactics don't fit him so he sucks for Spain, Chelsea's game doesnt suit him so he scores 2 in 26........Liverpool was paradise for El Nino.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:11 pm

I'm thinking about Borja moving to Villarreal and playing in that sweet box midfield. He just unlocked his inner potential
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:48 am

Roberto Carlos @ Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down