+3
Andrew
Dante
dostoevsky
7 posters

Go down

Finding Mr. Right Empty Finding Mr. Right

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:21 pm

In the wake of our pursuit this window of a 'star' attacker for our right wing, I thought it would be interesting to find out whether people approve of investing a significant sum into this search or whether they are content with simply claiming Menez or whether they want to snatch up a bargain.

At the forefront throughout the window thus far has been Juan Iturbe, with several outlets claiming we were willing to fork out perhaps 25 or 28 million euros for his services, though such rumours have subsided with Iturbe seemingly destined for Juventus. I was personally of the opinion that such a fee was madness, however I do feel that finding the right figure for our right flank is vital.

I have not included a poll as I would encourage people to remain creative in searching for alternatives, even if we are unlikely to pursue them, though I would also like to hear predictions on who people believe we will end up with.

The likes of Griezmann, Valbuena and Cerci have been spoken of, with the latter the most likely to arrive, though Torino's demands of 20 million might prove excessive. Personally I would like to see us explore alternative options, particularly looking at the hidden gems who populate the Europa League, which has proven the platform for Shaqiri and Salah of late. I was impressed by Kevin Kampl during the last campaign, a figure who is likely to cost only half or less of what the other names might command, with room for further growth and a mohawk that would fit in perfectly in Serie A. The name I had wanted since before the transfer window opened was Lamela through a loan with option to buy, however it appears that we are uninterested in pursuing this avenue following his failed stint at Tottenham. I think he's the perfect example of a high profile talent in an uncomfortable situation which we might take advantage of, however there are bound to be others I or the club have not yet thought of.

So, who would you have for the right wing of Inzaghi's new team?
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Finding Mr. Right Empty Re: Finding Mr. Right

Post by Dante Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:22 pm

I never complained when a good player cost too much to arrive and by all means i would agree if it were up to me to sign him , i complained and will continue to complain when Milan instead gets a cheap scrub instead , because they refused to pay up for the one they wanted.

This goes for Iturbe. I dont really care how much he costs , i would like to have him at Milan even for 30m. Obviously Milan thinks different , otherwise he would have been a Milan player by now. Anyway that's the thing , i would like to . I don't really care if Iturbe comes or not.

I would really like Draxler , but i am not sure how it would work out for him . To be honest , i am not sure. It's one of these times that i have no clue what's best , because things are uncertain atm . We don't even know what will happen with Balotelli tbh . Kaka already left ; if Robinho leaves as well , we will have quite the amount of money and the need to spend them .

Why spend hard money on Iturbe , where we could sign someone trully big if we wait. I would get Falcao if it was up to me , a player Galliani was interested from his time at Porto. Yes i would get Falcao and have Menez play on the right. Something like that. Saving up from Balotelli , Kaka , Robinho , all them scrubs that have left ; that would get us Falcao if both sides wanted to .

El Shaarawy-Falcao-Menez would be pretty nice too . Honestly , i am much more concerned with our CF and who will that be come the start of the season than lets say RW. Menez was probably bought for that and i was happy about it. I am not happy with Balo although i dont want to lose him . If he were to leave , i'd preffer Milan has kept their hand from spending their money on the RW and instead invest on Balo's replacement. Falcao it's just me talking shit , but i feel it's wise to wait and see how the summer unfolds. We might get to have rare opportunities , if we still have money to spend by then.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:55 pm

How about Pastore ? I always believed he would be perfect for you guys.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:00 am

Shaqiri is a player that i like, Bayern are demanding 20m for him iirc. Though i don't know if he considers Milan a favorable destination for him.

Cerci woulc be a great alternative too, double figures in goals and assists last season, as well as in his prime.

Though i think we're going to get Biabiany for the sake of realism
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:01 am

Spoiler:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:57 am

Lamela is not a better option than Iturbe
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:48 pm

Eivindo wrote:Lamela is not a better option than Iturbe

i'd say Lamela would be good news , despite his last season at Spurs. Lamela could have shined at Milan , just as much as Iturbe would have.

My best guess is that Menez will be playing rw this season , or maybe some cheap alternative opportunity that we cant yet know about.
Not being in the CL hurts , by all means .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:23 pm

If we lose balo then we have a bigger problem to resolve than finding a good winger/AM
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down