Mr Nick09
Onyx
Albiceleste
Error
Gil
45 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is there another Özil out there? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is there another Özil out there?

Post by Iceman Fri 10 Jun - 0:15:02

Based on his horrible lack of the physical skills necessary to be there. He doesn't have the fighter spirit that Wilshere has, which is going to be a problem. I can expect him to get injured as often as Walcott does really, which is not good news for Chelsea.

As for Pjanic....the fact that he gets displaced by Gourcuff, who is flopping badly, is the main reason really

Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is there another Özil out there? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is there another Özil out there?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 10 Jun - 0:23:17

Iceman wrote:Based on his horrible lack of the physical skills necessary to be there. He doesn't have the fighter spirit that Wilshere has, which is going to be a problem. I can expect him to get injured as often as Walcott does really, which is not good news for Chelsea.

As for Pjanic....the fact that he gets displaced by Gourcuff, who is flopping badly, is the main reason really

Do we really have to go through this again mate?

Silva, Modric, Fabregas, Lucas etc etc have all flourished in Premier League despite lacking physical strength considered needed to do well why would Erikson fail when they succeeded?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri 10 Jun - 0:25:32

Lionel Messi wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:Thomas Muller
Hes not a playmaker

Whatever.

Danm, you Barcelona fans think you know everything.

how dey heck am I supposed not to know Muller is not a play-maker but his an Attacking Midfielder and Supporting striker
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Fri 10 Jun - 0:28:50

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Iceman wrote:Based on his horrible lack of the physical skills necessary to be there. He doesn't have the fighter spirit that Wilshere has, which is going to be a problem. I can expect him to get injured as often as Walcott does really, which is not good news for Chelsea.

Silva, Modric, Fabregas, Lucas etc etc have all flourished in Premier League despite lacking physical strength considered needed to do well why would Erikson fail when they succeeded?
It WOULD be better if they were more physical of course. Fabregas has suffered, Modric suffered as well and so will Silva... It doesnt depend on the phyiscal side of the game mainly but it does affect them somehow.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri 10 Jun - 0:29:59

no there isnt another ozil out there, but i can see u want something like him.

wow ur so envious... Very Happy
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 10 Jun - 0:30:28

Jamin wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

It WOULD be better if they were more physical of course. Fabregas has suffered, Modric suffered as well and so will Silva... It doesnt depend on the phyiscal side of the game but it does affect them somehow.

Of course but they still have come over and been fantastic and i dont see no reason why Erikson could'nt do the same.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri 10 Jun - 0:32:17

Easy, in EPl, don't keep the ball too long= the recipe to survive there Very Happy Silva is very smart, he keeps it until he draws people to himself then lets it go Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri 10 Jun - 0:48:23

Please, have you seen the amount of injuries that all these players get? You saw the statistic in our forum. Fabregas hasn't played even 70% of our games for 3 seasons straight now.

And are you really comparing Fabregas', Silva's and Modric's Physicality to that of Erikson? Erikson has the physicality of a winger but, unlike most wingers, he will have to go through the center most of the time where he will face blokes like De Jong, Song, Toure, Vidic etc. etc. who will give him one hell of a torrid time.

Like I said, the amount of playing time that he will get won't do Chelsea much good. Look at McE. He's less talented, but still good enough yet he doesn't play simply because of that lack of physicality.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 10 Jun - 0:57:13

Iceman wrote:Please, have you seen the amount of injuries that all these players get? You saw the statistic in our forum. Fabregas hasn't played even 70% of our games for 3 seasons straight now.

And are you really comparing Fabregas', Silva's and Modric's Physicality to that of Erikson? Erikson has the physicality of a winger but, unlike most wingers, he will have to go through the center most of the time where he will face blokes like De Jong, Song, Toure, Vidic etc. etc. who will give him one hell of a torrid time.

Like I said, the amount of playing time that he will get won't do Chelsea much good. Look at McE. He's less talented, but still good enough yet he doesn't play simply because of that lack of physicality.

Tbf Modric and Lucas are hardly injured and i know he was there a season but neither was Silva and i would compare them in build to Erikson.

I dont believe that's the reason McE was'nt picked because Ancelotti never picked Sturridge and i dont think he's to weak.

I am not saying he wont ever get injured or the physicality wont effect in some way but i dont believe that would stop him from succeeding.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri 10 Jun - 1:00:08

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Iceman wrote:Please, have you seen the amount of injuries that all these players get? You saw the statistic in our forum. Fabregas hasn't played even 70% of our games for 3 seasons straight now.

Tbf Modric and Lucas are hardly injured and i know he was there a season but neither was Silva and i would compare them in build to Erikson.

I dont believe that's the reason McE was'nt picked because Ancelotti never picked Sturridge and i dont think he's to weak.

I am not saying he wont ever get injured or the physicality wont effect in some way but i dont believe that would stop him from succeeding.
I just think EPL is not made for ball hoggers. If you're very technical and can let go of the ball at the right time then there is no need to worry Very Happy Players who take on others one on one or run with the ball a lot are endangered species there Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri 10 Jun - 4:19:23

babun1024 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

I just think EPL is not made for ball hoggers. If you're very technical and can let go of the ball at the right time then there is no need to worry Very Happy Players who take on others one on one or run with the ball a lot are endangered species there Very Happy

Is there another Özil out there? - Page 3 Display_image

Is there another Özil out there? - Page 3 Whoseisthattitisthem_246083

Is there another Özil out there? - Page 3 Arjen-robben

Three amazing players who had no trouble raping the likes of Shawcross, Ryan Nelsen, Bramble, Scott Dann etc off the top of my head.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri 10 Jun - 4:21:58

lol at this thread
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 10 Jun - 4:25:46

Gil wrote:
Is there another Özil out there? - Page 3 Display_image

Is there another Özil out there? - Page 3 Whoseisthattitisthem_246083

Is there another Özil out there? - Page 3 Arjen-robben

Three amazing players who had no trouble raping the likes of Shawcross, Ryan Nelsen, Bramble, Scott Dann etc off the top of my head.

Those guys were tremendous athletes, pacy and skillful, not attributes you find in a lot of AMs.

I think what babun meant is that for central players, it's not so simple to hug the ball.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamuro Fri 10 Jun - 5:26:10

Jano Ananidze and Podolski.
Zamuro
Zamuro
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri 10 Jun - 6:13:43

Put aside the Zamparini lulz

You definitely want Pastore...plays final balls to die for
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri 10 Jun - 6:18:47

Gil wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

Are you sure about Hazard staying at Lille?
Yah

Cazorla - LW, no?
Arda Turan -" "
Gourcuff - Isn't Ozil creative. :coffee:
Pjanic - Talented but isn't ready to make such a step up yet
Christian Eriksen - Would be an amazing singning but the club rejected him when he was on trial and that really pissed off his father.
Borja Valero - Great player but good enough to build the team around? Doubt it but I'd love for him to play CM for us though.
Honda - All hype IMO.
Hamsik - LOL
Nasri - Trolling?
Giovinco - He's not creative
Kroos - Not ready yet
Kakuta - Hasn't improved at all from the level he was at this time last season thanks to the lunatics that run the club.

Ganso wrote:fabregas and ganso arent even like ozil
Eh, How so?
Borja valero as a false AM in a 4-3-3 =sex
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri 10 Jun - 6:34:54

I would get Kroos Mata or Martin.

mata could also play on the wings which is a type of player we could really use.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun - 6:36:03

Kalou ??

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri 10 Jun - 7:53:03

Sepi wrote:Kalou ??

r u trolling? Suspect
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun - 8:22:38

There's plenty of attacking midfielders out there, as this thread has noted but imo there is no one out there atm that has shown the level of skill of Ozil when it comes to pure playmaking

If you are looking for another Ozil who plays in the same manner, I think you would be waiting a long while.

Back to top Go down

Post by teague Fri 10 Jun - 9:18:28

GOOODDDTTTZEEEE
teague
teague
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun - 9:59:08

As I said Gotze is just another attacking midfielder and as I stated playing in the same position does not make them the same player... Gotze is no where near the playmaker Ozil is, he is an exceptional attacking midfielder but not like Ozil at all.

In fact Borussia's best playmaker last season, actually the best playmaker in the entire Bundesliga last season was Sahin.

And guess where he is headed? lol

Back to top Go down

Post by teague Fri 10 Jun - 10:05:45

And you are... ? a coach?

I'm entitled to my own opinion.
teague
teague
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 10 Jun - 10:14:07

He is right tho, Goetze is an attacking midfielder very much like nasri for ex, or kagawa. They arent playmakers, watching them him playing got me to the same conclusion.

Sahin was the man in charge in that Dortmund team, and kagawa and gotze were supporting Lucas in the final third of the pitch. Their job wasnt to create the play per say but to ensure great transition in the offensive movements and to help make things happen.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri 10 Jun - 10:42:53

Götze was > Sahin in the 2nd half of the season, though, even as a playmaker, IMHO.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri 10 Jun - 11:53:54

bhends wrote:Put aside the Zamparini lulz

You definitely want Pastore...plays final balls to die for

But his price tag is somewhere around the price of 500 Ferraris.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next