Mr Nick09
Onyx
Albiceleste
Error
Gil
45 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is there another Özil out there? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is there another Özil out there?

Post by M99 Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:53 am

bhends wrote:Put aside the Zamparini lulz

You definitely want Pastore...plays final balls to die for

But his price tag is somewhere around the price of 500 Ferraris.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Is there another Özil out there? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is there another Özil out there?

Post by I-no Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:56 am

noone is like ozil. his chameleon like eyes support his unbelievable vision at high speed. who else possesses his features??? lol What a Face
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by gkamtu Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:51 am

david silva of man city
gkamtu
gkamtu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:03 pm

Ah yes, since Sahin now signed with Real our friendly neighborhood Madridistas can revise history to show that Sahin was two levels ahead of anyone else on Dortmund and near single-handedly carried them to the title

I do enjoy this time of the year
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:08 pm

bhends wrote:Ah yes, since Sahin now signed with Real our friendly neighborhood Madridistas can revise history to show that Sahin was two levels ahead of anyone else on Dortmund and near single-handedly carried them to the title

Nobody is saying that, but Sahin was the one player that got that team going throughout the season through his playmaking. In that regard, he was unmatched at dortmund, not "two levels ahead of anyone" as you say, but no player made as much difference as he did. His passing stats only is proof enough to how influential he was on that side.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:09 pm

bhends wrote:Ah yes, since Sahin now signed with Real our friendly neighborhood Madridistas can revise history to show that Sahin was two levels ahead of anyone else on Dortmund and near single-handedly carried them to the title

I wish we could look into the old forums, we had a 300 (page or post I dont remember) long "Get Nuri Sahin" thread in the madrid section. It was a bit surprising to all of us that he signed.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:
I wish we could look into the old forums, we had a 300 (page or post I dont remember) long "Get Nuri Sahin" thread in the madrid section. It was a bit surprising to all of us that he signed.

That we did. Ranged from how good he is, to what purpose he would serve to how exactly he would fit into the scheme of things. It read like a thesis honestly...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Actually not only did Sahin create the most goalscoring chances in Dortmund, but he created the most in the entire Bundesliga with 104.

As I was saying he was the playmaker for Dortmund.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:33 pm

Crimson cheers

Bias on this forum is not the same without you Afro
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:35 pm

VibeTribe wrote:Crimson cheers

Bias on this forum is not the same without you Afro

Of course haha Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Has anyone here heard "goalscoring chances created" ever used in an argument that didn't involve madrid?

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:56 pm

Well, Cyberman used it bef...oh, right...not a good example.

Nevermind
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:56 pm

bhends wrote:Has anyone here heard "goalscoring chances created" ever used in an argument that didn't involve madrid?

Nah. Their team is the bestest team in the world with the bestestest players ever.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:57 pm

Iceman wrote:Based on his horrible lack of the physical skills necessary to be there. He doesn't have the fighter spirit that Wilshere has, which is going to be a problem. I can expect him to get injured as often as Walcott does really, which is not good news for Chelsea.

As for Pjanic....the fact that he gets displaced by Gourcuff, who is flopping badly, is the main reason really

Physical skills? Overrated.

When Wilshere is gluiding past 2 and 3 players, its not fighter spirit thats doing it, is skills, technique and awareness.

When Erikson took the England NT to the wood-shed in that friendly, where was his lack of physical skills then?

Physical skills dont overcome someone just being better, ask David Silva, Luca Modric and other "lightweight" stars of the PL.

Pjanic got replaced by Gourcuff without a fight, its not as if he was playing bad and Gourcuff came and took is place. It was as simple as, they bought Gourcuff and Pjanic no longer played that position. Nothing to do with Pjanic.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:58 pm

Read being involved with a few Barcelona and Arsenal fans in other forums but that's about it. I don't really consider it a proper stat to be honest.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Pjanic? Yup, I never said differently. I just said that I rated him higher last season than I do this season, which makes sense considering he got shafted by the Gourcuff transfer.

As for physical skills....you'll see what I mean next season. Wilshere is going to get injured, I assure you. Look at Ramsey, he got ruined because of the tackles in the EPL. I never doubted Erikson's skill, but he is less physical and less strong than all the players that we've talked about thus far, and these ones are having trouble. Again, I never doubted his talent...just his durability.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Malouda created the most goalscoring chances in the PL.

So there you have it, Malouda is the best playmaker in the league. scratch No Twisted Evil
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:09 pm

That's some positive thinking, Fady...

I guess the Arsenal curse has to strike someday, though Smile Would be a massive blow.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:12 pm

lol, Wilshere played over 60 games this season. Thats like 4 days of football, running, tackling etc. etc.
Other than the obvious burn-out, he will be more injury prone next season and with the type of tackles flying around, I expect him to get injured. I'm being realistic here
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:13 pm

Blue wrote:Malouda created the most goalscoring chances in the PL.

So there you have it, Malouda is the best playmaker in the league. scratch No Twisted Evil

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Is that logic I see? How dare you use it in these forums! Evil or Very Mad
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:15 pm

No just shows that other players in Chelsea are as creative as wood and that chelsea is a great counterattacking machine through the wings. The best team at creating chances constantly over a league.

When you create that many goal scoring chances from deep midfield being the main playmaker of a team tho, its mighty impressive.

Last edited by Yuri Yukuv on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:20 pm

Iceman wrote:lol, Wilshere played over 60 games this season. Thats like 4 days of football, running, tackling etc. etc.
Other than the obvious burn-out, he will be more injury prone next season and with the type of tackles flying around, I expect him to get injured. I'm being realistic here
Well, we have Ramsey back so I'd say he could get a fair chance of getting some rest.

Of course, with Arsenal's butcher shop medical staff... you never know.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:05 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:

No just shows that other players in Chelsea are as creative as wood and that chelsea is a great counterattacking machine through the wings. The best team at creating chances constantly over a league.

When you create that many goal scoring chances from deep midfield being the main playmaker of a team tho, its mighty impressive.

This post makes 0 sense.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:17 pm

How good is he at retaining possession though? Everytime I watch Palermo he always seems to give away the ball a fair bit although that aspect of his game could improve as he becomes more experienced.

If we can get him for anything under £30m I'd be made up even if it means the end of Neymar to Chelsea. Crying or Very sad
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Gil wrote:

How good is he at retaining possession though? Everytime I watch Palermo he always seems to give away the ball a fair bit although that aspect of his game could improve as he becomes more experienced.

If we can get him for anything under £30m I'd be made up even if it means the end of Neymar to Chelsea. Crying or Very sad
He can dribble, he can play quick passes, he can play through passes, he can head the ball and hes got pace. He can do it all pretty much and he's only 21, he just needs a big club to play at.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:16 pm

Iceman wrote:Pjanic? Yup, I never said differently. I just said that I rated him higher last season than I do this season, which makes sense considering he got shafted by the Gourcuff transfer.

As for physical skills....you'll see what I mean next season. Wilshere is going to get injured, I assure you. Look at Ramsey, he got ruined because of the tackles in the EPL. I never doubted Erikson's skill, but he is less physical and less strong than all the players that we've talked about thus far, and these ones are having trouble. Again, I never doubted his talent...just his durability.

Durability, thats a stab in the dark. Drogba is built like a tank, he is frequently injured.

I think Arsenal's injury prone players are less about their build and more about their care then anything else.

Anyway, a bit off origanal point here. If I was a Chelsea fan I would be jumping for joy if we got Erikson.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next