Doc
H.A.
Lord Awesome
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Guardiola: "It would make perfect sense if we didn't win anything this season" Empty Guardiola: "It would make perfect sense if we didn't win anything this season"

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:08 pm

Josep Guardiola, Barcelona's coach, showed his most modest profile and stated that: "I never promise titles. In fact, the most normal thing would be for us not to win anything this year. I only promise that the team will be recognizable."

Guardiola appealed to this argument to stop the doubts that raised as a result of the 2-2 ties against Real Sociedad and AC Milan.

"The most important game is the next one, that is, the one against Osasuna. The rest will come later"

The azulgrana coach also defended Busquets: "2 days ago he was a great centralback, and now he's usless. That's not right."

The coach also addressed the injury crisis: "Last season it was Jeffren and Bojan, now Iniesta and Alexis. Nothing has changed."

Although some people have attributed the injuries to the poor pre-season of the team Guardiola doesn't see this as the case "Last year's pre season tour was worse than this one. Mr. Faus (CFO of Barca) claims that the preseason tours are necessary", he insisted.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Guardiola: "It would make perfect sense if we didn't win anything this season" Empty Re: Guardiola: "It would make perfect sense if we didn't win anything this season"

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:10 pm

He said when he first arrived he couldnt promise any titles, but he will try. This is more along the same lines.

He is wrong about the other two things.

Busquets was never a great centerback, people were blinded by playing games vs teams who cant/dont attack.

And Bojan and Jeffren are certaintly not Iniesta and Sanchez quality wise so yes, something has changed.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Guardiola: "It would make perfect sense if we didn't win anything this season" Empty Re: Guardiola: "It would make perfect sense if we didn't win anything this season"

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:13 pm

Madrid's bound to bust a Barca anyway, with the team they have.

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:13 pm

Honest assessment Franchise. Differences are also that you didn't have Pedro and Cesc coming off the bench + xavi, abidal and puyol are getting older every year.

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:17 pm

Guardiola is humble and respectful Razz

On the injuries well all teams have them so here is where depth plays a huge role. You do have an influx of midfielders but really lack proper attackers/defenders.

Seeing you drop points is a joy to watch so hope it happens more in the coming weeks [which I doubt though] Smile

Good luck anyway
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:18 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Madrid's bound to bust a Barca anyway, with the team they have.

bust a Barca?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:20 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:Madrid's bound to bust a Barca anyway, with the team they have.

bust a Barca?

Yeah, the sixtuple.

Of course, many things have to go their way in order for that to happen.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Bound to beat Barca is what I believe he meant. Also, Dani pointed already, Pep has said this before and I really believe he goes by this mantra every season. It probably keeps his team and himself grounded...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

bust a Barca?

Yeah, the sixtuple.

Of course, many things have to go their way in order for that to happen.

Right......with the team Madrid have they are "bound" to do it? Thats what your saying?

When did Madrid get that good?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Yes.

When Mourinho came.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:26 pm

Bound to beat Barca? Sure, eventually.

Bound to win a sextuple? Sure... only one team in history has been able to achieve it, but Madrid already have it assured :facepalm:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:28 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Bound to beat Barca? Sure, eventually.

Bound to win a sextuple? Sure... only one team in history has been able to achieve it, but Madrid already have it assured :facepalm:

I could really use that Matchday Sig Bet Thread.

So tempting.

Remember I said "many things have to go their way".
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Yes.

When Mourinho came.

So last season? That sure went well for them lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:45 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:Yes.

When Mourinho came.

So last season? That sure went well for them lol

Yes. Things turned out in your favor.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:48 pm

And this season is different because? Just now you said Mourinho.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:49 pm

The Franchise wrote:And this season is different because? Just now you said Mourinho.

Because Guardiola believes "it would make perfect sense".

Guardiola: "It would make perfect sense if we didn't win anything this season" E

And I agree with him. Laughing

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:51 pm

The ball is circle.

Also Messi is human.

One day we will see the end of this 'great' Barca.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:54 pm

This thread is not relevant to my interests.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
The Franchise wrote:And this season is different because? Just now you said Mourinho.

Guardiola: "It would make perfect sense if we didn't win anything this season" E

Yeah, he said Madrid will win the sextuple lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:

Yeah, he said Madrid will win the sextuple lol

He said all I needed to hear.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Superb lol

Would you like to admit to trolling so I can take some of your warning level off or should I do it anyway?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:07 pm

The Franchise wrote:Superb lol

Would you like to admit to trolling so I can take some of your warning level off or should I do it anyway?

If this provked you in anyway, then I apoligize.

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:18 pm

No, not me. But I worry about what your intentions were. Its your intentions rather then the result.

But dont concern yourself, I wasnt going to actually take your warning level down.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:22 pm

The Franchise wrote:No, not me. But I worry about what your intentions were. Its your intentions rather then the result.

But dont concern yourself, I wasnt going to actually take your warning level down.

Well, just know this this.

If I troll, I only troll lightly.

When I have my opinion I say it.

If you feel I incarnate any hate please let me know, and I'll stop.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:29 pm

Hate no, but I sense a little animosity towards Barca. Nothing wrong with that though really.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next