Doc
H.A.
Lord Awesome
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Guardiola: "It would make perfect sense if we didn't win anything this season" - Page 2 Empty Re: Guardiola: "It would make perfect sense if we didn't win anything this season"

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:29 pm

Hate no, but I sense a little animosity towards Barca. Nothing wrong with that though really.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Guardiola: "It would make perfect sense if we didn't win anything this season" - Page 2 Empty Re: Guardiola: "It would make perfect sense if we didn't win anything this season"

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:33 pm

The Franchise wrote:Hate no, but I sense a little animosity towards Barca. Nothing wrong with that though really.

Well, truth be told, the only thing I don't like about Barca is their style.

Excuse me for a lack of a better word, but, it's a bit hypocrtical.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:34 pm

A Real Madrid sympathizing Che, preposterous stuff Hispano... :coffee:
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Laughing There's a reason why I'm a Valencia fan and not an RM fan too, Doc. Very Happy

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:37 pm

Doc wrote:A Real Madrid sympathizing Che, preposterous stuff Hispano... :coffee:

Wait, Che actually complimented RM? Shocked
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:39 pm

hispano, how far do you think valencia will go this CL

i thought they were very good vs genk, but turned into madrid as the game went by i.e. squander every bit of oppurtunity you get

however that bicycle kick was just a beauty a pity it didnt go in
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:41 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
Doc wrote:A Real Madrid sympathizing Che, preposterous stuff Hispano... :coffee:

Los Che is the nickname given to Valencia (as we all know) and I would assume it's what their fans are referred as well. So what I'm trying to say is that I've seen you a bit sympathetic towards Real Madrid and since you're a Valencia fan who naturally would be more Barcelona esque (despite being slight rivals themselves), I find it preposterous. :coffee:

Also, I've never seen Che (the poster) compliment RM ever. He did, however, compliment Oezil which probably gave him a hernia...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:42 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:hispano, how far do you think valencia will go this CL

i thought they were very good vs genk, but turned into madrid as the game went by i.e. squander every bit of oppurtunity you get

however that bicycle kick was just a beauty a pity it didnt go in

I think we'll be closer to the top two. :lol!:

I didn't get to see Valencia vs Genk. I had to go to school.

Still dissapointed we couldn't get at least 1 goal. But I'm sure Genk played better than us to keep the score leveled.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Doc wrote:

Also, I've never seen Che (the poster) compliment RM ever. He did, however, compliment Oezil which probably gave him a hernia...

now that's just not true

i don't remember ever complimenting ozil banana
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:47 pm

Doc wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:

Los Che is the nickname given to Valencia (as we all know) and I would assume it's what their fans are referred as well. So what I'm trying to say is that I've seen you a bit sympathetic towards Real Madrid and since you're a Valencia fan who naturally would be more Barcelona esque (despite being slight rivals themselves), I find it preposterous. :coffee:

I think it has to do with two things.

1. As you probably know already, I frakking love Defensive Footaball. You could imagine my joy during the Cuper era. Who's playing that right now, in Spain? (Plus explains why I like Ligue 1 and Serie A style too.

2. I wasn't born in Spain.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:00 pm

The fact of the matter is:
Barca are not a good team, they are a great team. The entire world uses the club as a frame of reference, and since Guardiola they've achieved things that many teams can't even DREAM of.
But, along the way they've been fairly lucky...
In 08/09 Madrid lost Van Nistelrooy and M Diarra... our best forward and midfielders respectively. Not to mention De La Red [I'm still crying]...
In 09/10 we lost Ronaldo for a big chunk of the season, and Kaka and Pepe. All key players.
Last season, we lost Higuain and they were a few injuries along the way as well. Kaka (obviously), Gago (still a loss), Garay, Khedira, Ramos, Pepe, and Carvalho were all out for periods of time last season (to my memory).

Barca have barely had any injuries for 3 seasons...
Remember. We all knew Messi was something special for YEARS... but 2009 was his first real injury free season.

And another point, Barca's team is getting older. Puyol, Xavi and even Villa for that matter are getting on the wrong side of 30.

Factor in finances, and youy can see why Barca can't keep going forever.
The balance of power swings like a pendulum, and you cannot hold dominance foever... Ask Real Madrid of the 60s, ask any AC Milan supporter, ask Chelsea fans. I can go on... The only fan you really can't ask is a United fan (SAF is God)

Barca will continue to be a great team, and they'll probably keep winning titles intermittently, and they'll make CL semi's every year.
But they're dominance looks to be coming to an end.
Respect to Guardiola, Messi, Xavi, etc. for the way that they have amazed the footballing world for the past while. And they have been worthy rivals, to a point where I hate them for being so damn good, and I will never forget their tika-taka football.
But, the game has changed and is ever-evolving it's time for a new superpower in football, and I look forward to it (hopefully) being Real Madrid.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:01 pm

Pep is H&R
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:06 pm

che wrote:
Doc wrote:

now that's just not true

i don't remember ever complimenting ozil banana
Che, even when you were vcffan, you've hated madrid.
I took a double-take when I read your earlier post...
Shocked
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:27 pm

teamanarchy wrote:The fact of the matter is:
Barca are not a good team, they are a great team. The entire world uses the club as a frame of reference, and since Guardiola they've achieved things that many teams can't even DREAM of.
But, along the way they've been fairly lucky...
In 08/09 Madrid lost Van Nistelrooy and M Diarra... our best forward and midfielders respectively. Not to mention De La Red [I'm still crying]...
In 09/10 we lost Ronaldo for a big chunk of the season, and Kaka and Pepe. All key players.
Last season, we lost Higuain and they were a few injuries along the way as well. Kaka (obviously), Gago (still a loss), Garay, Khedira, Ramos, Pepe, and Carvalho were all out for periods of time last season (to my memory).

Barca have barely had any injuries for 3 seasons...
Remember. We all knew Messi was something special for YEARS... but 2009 was his first real injury free season.

And another point, Barca's team is getting older. Puyol, Xavi and even Villa for that matter are getting on the wrong side of 30.

Factor in finances, and youy can see why Barca can't keep going forever.
The balance of power swings like a pendulum, and you cannot hold dominance foever... Ask Real Madrid of the 60s, ask any AC Milan supporter, ask Chelsea fans. I can go on... The only fan you really can't ask is a United fan (SAF is God)

Barca will continue to be a great team, and they'll probably keep winning titles intermittently, and they'll make CL semi's every year.
But they're dominance looks to be coming to an end.
Respect to Guardiola, Messi, Xavi, etc. for the way that they have amazed the footballing world for the past while. And they have been worthy rivals, to a point where I hate them for being so damn good, and I will never forget their tika-taka football.
But, the game has changed and is ever-evolving it's time for a new superpower in football, and I look forward to it (hopefully) being Real Madrid.

Ofcourse no team can dominate forever(unless ofourse its United).According to Cruyff I think a dominant cycle lasts 4 years.So here is me hoping for one more year of awesomeness.
But the injury excuse just doesnt hold.You have a far superior squad while ours lacks depth.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:29 pm

I agree with Alex here.

Though, I wouldn't say Barca lack depth no longer (except at the Defensive line) when they bought Mascherano, Fabregas, Adriano, and Alexis Sanchez.

An entire top tier Midlfield.

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:30 pm

But you have been quite lucky with injuries Alex, let's get real...
When last (besides Puyol now) has Barca missed a player for more than a month?
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:35 pm

What is he talkin about? He's gonna clean up great this year.

Academy Awards:

Best Director - Pep Guardiola
Best Actor- Dani Alves
Best Actress- Buscuit
Best Original Screenplay- UEFA

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:36 pm

teamanarchy wrote:But you have been quite lucky with injuries Alex, let's get real...
When last (besides Puyol now) has Barca missed a player for more than a month?

I should have said we lacked depth before this season.Now we have depth in midfield and attack but still zero depth in defense.
Regarding injuries I dont think its mere luck.Pep is a perfectionist and he has paid meticulous attention to the players fitness.Which is why we have been able to get away with a small squad.
Also Iniesta was out for long stretches in 09-10.Abidal last season.
I am sure there were a couple more.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:41 pm

Seppuku wrote:What is he talkin about? He's gonna clean up great this year.

Academy Awards:

Best Actor- Dani Alves
Best Actress- Buscuit

Your talking?

With Di Maria, CR7, Marcelo. And of course, Pepe the butcher
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Drama Movies >>> Horror Movies.

AMIRITE! :lol!:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:44 pm

With return of Seppuku from ban, expect the RM/Barca , Messi'/CR threads to get going again :facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

Academy Awards:

Best Actor- Dani Alves
Best Actress- Buscuit

Your talking?

Is Marcelo a diver now even though all of his dives are debatable? scratch
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:48 pm

I've said it for a long time though that Barca's medical team is one of their most valuable resources. It may not be luck, but it's a big thing.
And 3 seasons of 50+ games for each starter will take its toll... Plus, look at Messi for instance... he doesn't get a break:
summer 08-Olympics
Summer 09- break
Summer 10- World Cup
Summer 11- Copa America
Summer 12 will be olympics and it will go on like this.
A guy with a physical condition, such as Messi's will struggle and it's a miracle that he's even made it this far...
But, hey, you can hope for 1 more season...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Let's not turn this thread to shit please
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:51 pm

omarish wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Academy Awards:

Best Actor- Dani Alves
Best Actress- Buscuit

Your talking?

Is Marcelo a diver now even though all of his dives are debatable? scratch

Marcelo has dived many times.

His dive against Zagreb was just the recent one as that was quite embarrassing for RM fans.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Thinking about derailing this one.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next