Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher)

+47
VanDeezNuts
leemhuis
Le Samourai
pUsHa
S
Lord Awesome
Doc
Raptorgunner
Swanhends
Lord Hades
che
kiranr
Rossoneri Ninja
StrugaRock
black mamba
BiasedMilanFan3
beatrixasdfghjk.
Wilson37
Giovanni10
H.A.
Nishankly
Seppuku
guest7
Pedram
The Messiah
El Chelsea Fuerte
Jeps33178
punkfusion1992
Adit
Dnmac4
Lord Spencer
Jack Daniels
James0311
Zealous
Khaled
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Grande_Milano
Ganso
Omniscient
SaintJoe
harhar11
jibers
Harmonica
the xcx
Mr Nick09
Albiceleste
BarrileteCosmico
51 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who is the best diver? (NOT embellisher)

Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_lcap1%Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_lcap4%Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_lcap11%Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 10 ]
Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_lcap1%Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_lcap11%Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 10 ]
Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_lcap42%Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 38 ]
Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_lcap24%Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 22 ]

Total Votes : 91

Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher)

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:18 pm

After today's event I might be prepared to admit that perhaps Busquets is better than Di Maria in this aspect.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher)

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:52 pm

Add the LB from levante to your list. Even if it was just this one game , this guy deserves an encore.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:55 am

Video evidnece banning has almost finished diving in Serie A. Liga and BPL should indroduce this.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:06 am

leemhuis wrote:Video evidnece banning has almost finished diving in Serie A. Liga and BPL should indroduce this.
Finished diving in Serie A? Are you kidding?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:12 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
leemhuis wrote:Video evidnece banning has almost finished diving in Serie A. Liga and BPL should indroduce this.

This Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:26 am

Lionel Messi wrote:

Krasic never dived after his ban, true story.

Now in the Napoli vs Milan match, if the authorities find Pato's falling down a blatant dive, he would be banned for 2-3 games. If he dives again, he will banned for 3-6 games.

I See those punishments to be a huge determent for divers and it does make them stop. Again, cameras would not catch all divers, but the fact that Serie A coaches are more lenient on fouls and that video might ban you makes players think twice about diving.

Instead of claiming something, video evidence of players who dove without receiving punishment since last year would be helpful to you argument. If no such video exists, then you need to revise your opinion which I respect, which perhaps is influenced by old stereotypes.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:47 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

Now in the Napoli vs Milan match, if the authorities find Pato's falling down a blatant dive, he would be banned for 2-3 games. If he dives again, he will banned for 3-6 games.

I See those punishments to be a huge determent for divers and it does make them stop. Again, cameras would not catch all divers, but the fact that Serie A coaches are more lenient on fouls and that video might ban you makes players think twice about diving.

Instead of claiming something, video evidence of players who dove without receiving punishment since last year would be helpful to you argument. If no such video exists, then you need to revise your opinion which I respect, which perhaps is influenced by old stereotypes.
My point is, although Serie A is working towards cutting down diving, but it's still there. I would love to see bans for diving in every league tbh.

Last edited by Lionel Messi on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:50 am

They weren't complete dives though, Serie A does take tough action against those. Not to say Serie A doesn't have dives anymore, but they do take a tough stance on it, which is more than can be said of the competition.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:54 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

My point is, although Serie A is working towards cutting down diving, but it's still there. I would love to see bans for diving in every league tbh.

I agree that it exists, and I really think that completely eradicating it is impossible. As BC says, the stance cause players to at least think twice before diving, which decreases the number of dives considerably since you don't have two moments to think during the game (in before someone says that in Serie A you have infinite moments to think due to the slowness of the game).
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:55 am

Lionel Messi wrote:

Ahrdly any diving anymore in Serie A. I watch every weak many games. They ban player with video evidence now.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:22 am

cheers
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:53 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
jibers wrote:Busquets doesn't dive anywhere as regularly, Busquets is a big match diver. He's a clutch diver. Dive Maria dives every game, all around the pitch.
Thumbs up
That's the difference between Madrid and Barca's diving, Madrid does it regularly and Barca do it in big matches mostly.

and this is an satisfactory excuse? yikes.

love how you generalize all of madrid to di maria too.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:02 am

Lord Spencer wrote:I agree that it exists, and I really think that completely eradicating it is impossible. As BC says, the stance cause players to at least think twice before diving, which decreases the number of dives considerably since you don't have two moments to think during the game (in before someone says that in Serie A you have infinite moments to think due to the slowness of the game).
Yep, I think it should be implemented in every league.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:05 am

Di maria
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:00 am

Messi has surpassed Di Maria tbh.

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:03 am

lol
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:35 pm

No diving in Seria A anymore?

Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Akva

Pato got yellow for this, right?

Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Pato

While am at it, he should have gotten 2nd yellow for this one :coffee:
Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Patic
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:19 pm

CroInter wrote:No diving in Seria A anymore?

Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Akva

Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Pato

While am at it, he should have gotten 2nd yellow for this one Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 2859867778
Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 Patic

Cool story bro, in the in the first one there was contact (although it was realy funny and stupid). As for the second one, if whoever is in charge rules it to be a blatant dive then Pato will get a ban.

For the second "offense" that kind of pushing happens all the time as I mentioned before, and if you card for every little push then you will have games ending with 12 players on the field.

Seriously, Cro, you should be in a segment in the Goal Legacy serie A thread called "the annoying ref"
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:36 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:

While am at it, he should have gotten 2nd yellow for this one Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 2859867778

Cool story bro, in the in the first one there was contact (although it was realy funny and stupid). As for the second one, if whoever is in charge rules it to be a blatant dive then Pato will get a ban.

For the second "offense" that kind of pushing happens all the time as I mentioned before, and if you card for every little push then you will have games ending with 12 players on the field.

Seriously, Cro, you should be in a segment in the Goal Legacy serie A thread called "the annoying ref"

Any shove like that is yellow card at least, i dunno what game you whatch but whenever i see that(rearly) players get at least yellow cards, example just look for what khedira got 2nd yellow.
No ball no nothing just shove, this is football, not fighting ground.
Seriously, Lord, you should be in a segment in the Goal Legacy serie A thread called "the i have no clue about the rules"
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:38 pm

Pato is a douche, Maggio was just trying to get him to help him up like any other normal sportsman would do.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:44 pm

CroInter wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

Any shove like that is yellow card at least, i dunno what game you whatch but whenever i see that(rearly) players get at least yellow cards, example just look for what khedira got 2nd yellow.
Seriously, Lord, you should be in a segment in the Goal Legacy serie A thread called "the i have no clue about the rules"

But I make the Goal Legacy Serie A thread, therefore I can't have segment in it Razz

But really, I watched many games in Serie A games where such shoves were not punished. You are right, the rules would give him a yellow. However, Serie A refs are usually leniant on such cases, as emotions are high and what not. Khedria got his yellow despite all the shoving around because it was developing into a brawl.

I am not excusing Pato here, I think he was an A hole here, but am just explaining how refs usually go lenient in Serie A. Even in cases where the defender could have cause a fatal injury to the goal keeper out of failure to stop and not kick Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 2859867778

Anyway, you should give your opinion on mu Serie A thread, I usually appreciate your sarcastic opinion, although I at the same time have the urge to bash my head to the wall.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:

Here you go "bro", moviola says pato should have been sent off for it, here is the link from corriere, i didnt wanna put gazzeta to avoid their "Inter biased"

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/calcio/moviola/2011/09/19-194270/Romeo+e+Russo+negativi%2C+giornata+da+dimenticare

"Big risk Pato, who fouled Maggio and then puts his hands on his chest and pushes him: reaction also red, the problem is that not even reach the yellow."

But i guess you know the rules better then me and esspecially better then pros who do this for living.

CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:47 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
CroInter wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

But I make the Goal Legacy Serie A thread, therefore I can't have segment in it Razz

But really, I watched many games in Serie A games where such shoves were not punished. You are right, the rules would give him a yellow. However, Serie A refs are usually leniant on such cases, as emotions are high and what not. Khedria got his yellow despite all the shoving around because it was developing into a brawl.

I am not excusing Pato here, I think he was an A hole here, but am just explaining how refs usually go lenient in Serie A. Even in cases where the defender could have cause a fatal injury to the goal keeper out of failure to stop and not kick Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 2859867778

Anyway, you should give your opinion on mu Serie A thread, I usually appreciate your sarcastic opinion, although I at the same time have the urge to bash my head to the wall.

I dunno what games you whatch, but 95% of the time i see in game shove like that, its yellow at least.
Last time i saw shit like this it was Milan v Inter and both Abate and Pandev got yellow fot it....
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:51 pm

CroInter wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

Here you go "bro", moviola says pato should have been sent off for it, here is the link from corriere, i didnt wanna put gazzeta to avoid their "Inter biased"

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/calcio/moviola/2011/09/19-194270/Romeo+e+Russo+negativi%2C+giornata+da+dimenticare

"Big risk Pato, who fouled Maggio and then puts his hands on his chest and pushes him: reaction also red, the problem is that not even reach the yellow."

But i guess you know the rules better then me and esspecially better then pros who do this for living.

I guess I would know some thing about the rules being an amateur ref. But not much Who is the best diver in the world? (Diver, NOT playacter/embellisher) - Page 4 2859867778

Again, I am saying a complete application of the rules will see Pato getting sent off. Well, see Nesta getting carded, will see Gargano getting carded, will see Maggio getting carded, will see MVB getting carded All those players did either small shoves or big shoves all which are qualified as "shoves" on the rule book and hence are carded.

You think I am defending Milan while I am just stating a fact that the ref has his own common sense to use, a common sense a lot of Italian refs use in not card on emotional conduct.

Sorry, but that how it is. You are right in that a shove deserves a yellow card, but that doesn't mean that every ref needs to give it, since refs use their common sense.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:57 pm

And if the ref had any brains he would give him the yellow, i mean he make a foul and then goes all arrogant and shoves Maggio for no reason, this is perfect example where player should get yellow at least for shit like this.

And again i dont know what games you watch, you say this happens a lot in Seria A, and thats bs, i see it very rearly and when it happens 95% its punished with yellow card.
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:05 pm

CroInter wrote:And if the ref had any brains he would give him the yellow, i mean he make a foul and then goes all arrogant and shoves Maggio for no reason, this is perfect example where player should get yellow at least for shit like this.

And again i dont know what games you watch, you say this happens a lot in Seria A, and thats bs, i see it very rearly and when it happens 95% its punished with yellow card.

According to the rules any "shove" gets a yellow card. There is a lot of shoving going around in games.

And in this case, the ref was far from the situation, and the assistant ref should have called it.

/You say you saw it rarely, and since 95% of the time the shove gets a yellow, and Pato did not get a yellow. Hence, there must at least be 20 incidents, which is not rare (unless you are talking about your lifespan, in which case many factors change)/troll
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next