Vyey
cheesy
RED
McAgger
justdoit_
mzamani
12 posters

Go down

The Stoke City appreciation thread.... Empty The Stoke City appreciation thread....

Post by mzamani Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Not much to say...
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

The Stoke City appreciation thread.... Empty Re: The Stoke City appreciation thread....

Post by justdoit_ Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:44 pm

They get way too much shtick for the way they play from people who don't know what they are talking about.

I could deal with the jokes in '07 when they were trying to survive in the Premier League and the negative tactics were so blatantly obvious, but they generally play as any mid-level squad would against a CL-caliber side these days.

Congrats to them.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

The Stoke City appreciation thread.... Empty Re: The Stoke City appreciation thread....

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:48 pm

They have an amazing defensive unit when playing at home....it's really important to score first at Britannia...if you fail to score first there, you are done

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:02 pm

I've hated Stoke since they got promoted.....Only way i would appreciate Stoke is if they play Barca in a cold night at Brittania and show them whose BOSS
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:19 pm

I hate this friggin team so much...nearly as much as City.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:45 pm

I admire them for the way they stick by their guns and continue to play a style which suits them. Maybe others don't like it, but it works for them. That is the key thing at the end of the day.

Also, I think the idea of labelling Stoke as this dirty and physical team is very outdated. They have certainly edged towards a more fluid style in recent times.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Vyey Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:54 pm

with todays games not being counted they have the 3rd best disciplinary record.

4 yellow cards in 3 games. the only teams better are swansea with 1 yellow card in 3 games and everton with 3 yellow cards but in 2 games.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html

Vyey
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:03 am

Its not the way that pisses me off but the time wasting they do every time they get a free kick throw in and worse faking slight injuries and refusing to go to the sidelines for treatment and wasting injuries.So much faking injuries for a team supposed to play the hard way.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:06 am

They've let in 2 goals in 10 competitive games this season.

It's a fantastic record for them tbf...I would have much preferred to play them on a sunday after they are back from a Europa League game...but what's done is done, and many teams will struggle there this season, though we really didn't and had our best performance @ Britannia since they came up.

Looking forward to see what kidn of result they can get in Kiev on thursday

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:19 am

I admire this team, is amazing how they fought their way to top division and remain there.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:51 am

I always admire underdogs that defy all odds. Good luck to Stoke in Europe (unless they have to play a German team on the way, of course).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:03 am

I knew they would struggle, we did against them as well.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:06 am

my respect to them ...
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:09 am

lol love Stoke

mostly for there performance today

that like 5 save/block shot sequence was *bleep* amazing i was clapping at my tv
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down