Transfer Market Round-up

+2
McLewis
ErPupone
6 posters

Go down

Transfer Market Round-up  Empty Transfer Market Round-up

Post by ErPupone Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:00 pm

13 purchases and 11 sales, 65.5 million euros spent and an intake amounting to 25.6 million euros, therefore a negative balance which settles on 40 million euros. These are the figures of the transfer campaign just completed by Thomas Di Benedetto's new Roma, who was able to turn the hearts of fans, too long accustomed to not being able to live the transfer market as protagonists. A team totally revolutionized and rejuvenated in all departments which sees its pride in the purchases of Miralem Pjanic and Bojan Krkic, youngsters who already have considerable experience in Europe, and Erik Lamela, the Argentine tightrope walker chased by the big of the football world who, thanks to the work and conviction of Walter Sabatini, has chosen Roma to express his talent. Only three sales were profitable to Roma: In addition to the consensual termination of Doni's contract, the loans of Julio Sergio, Stefano Guberti and Matteo Brighi, the end of the loans for Guillermo Burdisso and Paolo Castellini and the expiration of the contracts of Philippe Mexes and Simone Loria, leaving Trigoria permanently were John Arne Riise, the Norwegian full-back with a deadly left foot, sold to Fulham for 2.6 million euros, Jérémy Menez, the French promise that failed to maintain the expectations of the Roman piazza, sold to French side Paris Saint Germain for 8 million euros and Mirko Vucinic, whose relationship with the fans and the environment in general had deteriorated for some time now, who has chosen to move to Juventus for a fee of 15 million euros.

Here's a detailed analysis of the new players who will wear the Giallorossi jersey this season:

Gianluca Curci: Cost only 500 euros for the resolution of the co-ownership with Sampdoria, the team he played with last season, returns to Rome to play for the post of back-up keeper withr Lobont.

Maarten Stekelenburg: Dutch, 29, goalkeeper. Taken for 6.3 million euros from Ajax, the giant oranje will be the tutelary deity of the new Rome. Does not lack experience and leadership, playing as a starter in the last World Cup with his native Holland, arriving in the final.

Simon Kjaer: Danish, 22, central defender. Taken on loan for 3 million euros with the option to buy for 7 million, was the name that was most heavily linked with Roma during the last days of the transfer window. Arriving in Rome on August 26 to perform medical examinations, was called back to Germany the next day due to problems with the German club related to the formula of the transfer. When everything seemed blurred and lost, the desire of the player to be part of the new project made the difference and a few hours before the close of the window, an agreement was reached with Wolfsburg. Having played two seasons with the shirt of Palermo, Kjaer is very familiar with Italian football and will guide the Roma backline along with Burdisso, while awaiting the return of Juan from injury.

Gabriel Heinze: Argentina, 31, central defender. Taken on a free transfer, a purchase in contrast with Roma's new policy, being the only player over 30 years old among the new faces in the capital. With great experience, has an Olympic gold medal in his collection and played several seasons with Manchester United and Real Madrid, with whom he also won a Championship. Difficult to find him a place in Luis Enrique's tactical module, who in the recent Champions League double-header preferred Marco Cassetti in the middle.

Loic Nego: French, 20, right-back. He, like Heinze taken on a free transfer, is the mysterious object of the Roma transfer market. He played in all the levels of France's youth football, winning the UEFA European Under-19 and competing in the World category as Lamela but has not yet been seen in a Roma jersey. Could find his opportunities in this early season, because of Cicinho's injury.

Jose Angel Valdes: Spanish, 22 years old on September 5th, left-back. Taken for 4.5 million euros from Sporting Gijon, will have the task of making us forget John Arne Riise. After the smears in the friendly against Valencia, José Ángel recovered at large, being one of the best players in the unlikely double-header with Slovan Bratislava, showing all his repertoire: excellent technique, strong offensive propensity, large running capacity and sinister. Will definitely be a starter, especially given Enrique's lack of alternatives.

Fernando Gago: Argentine, 25, midfielder. Taken on loan from Real Madrid for a fee of 0.5 million euros, with the arrival of Mourinho had lost his place in midfield with the Merengues, in four years has played 92 matches winning two championships. Prefers playing deep as a playmaker, good defensively, will have the task of breaking up opposing moves and quickly restarting offensive movements.

Miralem Pjanic: Bosnian, 21, midfielder. Taken for 11 million euros from Lyon, was the icing on the cake of the Roman market. Linked to us in the last 48 hours, the deal was conducted excellently by Roma, which has obtained the services of this versatile player who can play all the roles from the midline up, with a particular penchant for riding up-field with the ball all the way to goal. His shot from outside will definitely hurt.

Erik Lamela: Argentina, 19, midfielder. Taken for 12 million euros from River Plate after winning the competition from teams all over Europe. Celebrity in Argentina, has been able to excite the minds of all Roma fans, which are already in love with this little velvet left midfielder, adaptable to playing as external attacker. Nicknamed "El Coco", very reminiscent of Kaka in his way of playing. It will take another month to see him in action due to a small ankle injury remedied in the Under 20 World Cup, in which he played a leading role with the albiceleste.

Bojan Krkic Perez: Spanish, 21 year old striker. Taken for 12 million euros from Barcelona does not need any introduction, the numbers speak for him. Made his debut for Barca in 2007, after tearing apart all youth team goalscoring records, with 648 goals in the Catalan youth teams in eight years, the youngest player of all time to tread the fields of the Champions League on October 20 of the same year as well as becoming the youngest starter in the history of Barça, and with his goal against Villareal, took the youngest goalscorer title off Lionel Messi.

Pablo Daniel Osvaldo: Argentina, 25 year old striker. Taken for 15 million euros from Espanyol, has raised some eyebrows among more than most professionals because of the cost of his transfer. Strongly desired by Luis Enrique, inspired by striker Gabriel Batistuta, has already played in Italy with several teams, to be precise Atalanta, Lecce, Fiorentina and Bologna, never able to make his mark with just 18 total goals scored in almost 100 appearances. Moving to Spain in January 2009, he was revitalized, scoring 21 goals in 46 matches for Espanyol, using his skills in the penalty area combined with a good technique.

Fabio Borini: Italian, 20 year old striker. Taken on loan from Parma for an expensive 1.25 million euros, with an option to buy for 7 million. Despite his young age can hardly be considered a beginner: pupil of Carlo Ancelotti, who wanted him with Chelsea in London, has been put in good light in the Blues reserve team until his loan at Swansea City, whose promotion was featured in the Premier League with 6 goals in 12 games, an accomplishment for an average of one goal for every two games played. Will come to Rome to gain experience but his high transfer fee makes us assume that he'll find lots of space.

-Original article from Vocegiallorossa.

Last edited by ErPupone on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Transfer Market Round-up  Empty Re: Transfer Market Round-up

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:36 pm

Fantastic stuff.

Nego is who I want to see turn out for us. I had a good look at him for France at the U-20 level, but I didn't get a chance to see him for Nantes. His transfer is very much an enigma, but based on what I saw in Colombia, he may surprise us, considering that we failed to strengthen adequately at RB.

If we can somehow get and keep Gago fit and injury-free, we may have a very good acquisition on our hands here. He's already got a good passing range and isn't afraid to go in for a tackle. We just need to keep him free of injury.

Borini was a real eyebrow-raiser for me. He's going to be in direction competition with Okaka as 5th choice striker so he absolutely must make his chances count and if he's as clinical as reported to have been for Chelsea, I think he make them.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:02 pm

So Nego is staying with us, because i heart that he was going on loan at Sampdoria..

Gago will be a hit for us, remember this!
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:10 pm

Borini is amazing !

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Great video, check it out Romanisti Heart
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:27 pm

metinsk wrote:

Awesome!

What a great song as well!
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:21 pm

metinsk wrote:

Brilliant video...+ 1 bro.. Thumbs up

Sabatini @ 0.58 ...Pure Boss... Cool
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:09 am

The Fonz wrote:

Sabatini @ 0.58 ...Pure Boss... Cool

I was just gonna say this...This guy doesn't take no as an answer lol.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:14 am

Ok a few things to say about that video. First of all, it's awesome. Lol @ 8:20, keeper just dove out of the way. Pjanic has a strange dipping shot. And lastly, I should have waited a week before watching this, now I'm too pumped up.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:33 am

ErPupone wrote:Ok a few things to say about that video. First of all, it's awesome. Lol @ 8:20, keeper just dove out of the way. Pjanic has a strange dipping shot. And lastly, I should have waited a week before watching this, now I'm too pumped up.

ROMA! ROMA! ROMA!

I'm with you Mike! I'm so pumped !

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:56 pm

Loic Nego has underwent and passed a medical at Gemelli Clinic and will now meet LE and the squad before starting training at Trigoria. His loan move to Sampdoria did not go through as the window closed before terms could be agreed. He will now have the chance to represent himself as another option at RB for us. I'm rooting for him 100%.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:31 am

McLewis wrote:Loic Nego has underwent and passed a medical at Gemelli Clinic and will now meet LE and the squad before starting training at Trigoria. His loan move to Sampdoria did not go through as the window closed before terms could be agreed. He will now have the chance to represent himself as another option at RB for us. I'm rooting for him 100%.

Good news.I have heard alot of good things about this guy..It's vital that when he does he get that chance to start that he takes it..I look forward to seeing Nego this season....
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:40 am

I really thought Crescenzi was going to stay with us, but since he's gone, Nego should get quite a bit of playing time. I would definitely put him ahead of Cicinho (and I'm saying that even before I see Nego play) who's injured now anyway, while I get the feeling that Cassetti's attacking ability is not to Enrique's liking.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:44 am

ErPupone wrote:I really thought Crescenzi was going to stay with us, but since he's gone, Nego should get quite a bit of playing time. I would definitely put him ahead of Cicinho (and I'm saying that even before I see Nego play) who's injured now anyway, while I get the feeling that Cassetti's attacking ability is not to Enrique's liking.

I hope we haven't seen the last of him,we should have held on to him really I'm sure he would've been able to give Cassetti and Cicinho a run for their money.....The kid has a lot of potential..I hope to see him back in a Roma shirt soon...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:27 am

Im impressed with the market we had, as Roma supporters this is not something anyone is used to and its been nice to splash some cash for a change.

I have no doubts that the additions of Stek, Kjaer, Angel, Pjanic Bojan and Lamela are going to improve our squad immensely. I know some people are not so excited about Gago and Osvaldo but ill make my case for them because I think both of them are going to do well with us. When healthy Gago is one of the best players in the world at controlling tempo from deep IMO. the injuries are a concern but I think he was just in a bad situation with Madrid. In his Boca days he was always a favourite of mine and I think this move will pay off. With Pizarro getting up there in age I think this is a great move. Now for Osvaldo, the price was a bit high but I gotta say I like him. his bad years in Italy dont really put me off because he was young back then. Last year in Spain after Ronaldo and Messi there were not many better forwards than him, thats why he was priced high and I think hes a good addition. From what I have seen of him lately he is not the same player he was when he left Italy. Step up from Bo for us id say.

The only complaint I have is that we didnt sign a better right back, someone like Isla. I am not overly concerned about it tho and heres why...Next year we are not going win the league, it will be a chance for these new young players to get used to the system and each other, so if we happen to leak goals at times, its not like its going to cost us anything major, in fact I think it will almost be a good thing because it will make fixing the backline more of a priority for the next windows.

In my opinion our future now looks extremely bright and if we get another good CB and a good RB(who knows maybe Nego or Crescenzi step up in future) we will be challenging for the Scudetto and in Europe for years to come. Our squad is now built for the future.

edit: Sabatinis a boss Cool
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:31 am

I have one fear though and that is if some of our players that we've just recently bought if they rip up the league this season the big Northern clubs will come sniffing around and those *bleep* Man $ity...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:38 am

Yea thats true and its probably going to happen. However I honestly believe that we are now on a path to becoming a true Italian giant. Im hoping that we wont lose a lot of player to the big 3 because we will be just as good a team, if not better within the next few years.

We will probably eventually lose some players(im thinking Lamela) to a richer club eventually but at least now we have great management to get the most value out of him and to replace the players we lose.

checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:05 pm

Well I definitely think we should resign ourselves to the fact that guys like Bojan and Lamela aren't probably gonna be here for the rest of their careers. We're a waypoint for these guys in their careers. That's not at all a bad thing though. If Roma have a chance to help these two wonderfully talented players grow then that's something we should embrace as fans.

We should savor the time we'll have in watching all of these players play their football at this club. I think that's what's important right now. They are Roma players right now and that's what should make us all proud irrespective of the future.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:50 pm

Sabatini :bow: :bow: :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:15 pm

sciacca wrote:Sabatini :bow: :bow: :bow:

Feet on the ground, Tony. Wink
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:48 am

Sabatini :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Ps I love this new Emoticon :bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:51 am

ErPupone wrote:
sciacca wrote:Sabatini :bow: :bow: :bow:

Feet on the ground, Tony. Wink

I can do this all day, the man is a genius !

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:31 am

Sorry about bumping an old thread...But here's part 2 of that Video that Metin posted awhile back ...

Check it out ...

And YES WE CAN Cool
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down