rwo power
elm_baraja_shaman
Sushi Master
Doc
Lord Awesome
BarrileteCosmico
11 posters

Go down

Do you watch leagues or clubs? Empty Do you watch leagues or clubs?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:03 pm

I think all these league vs league debates are rather silly. Do you watch this league or this other one? The answer is neither. I watch clubs, and perhaps more specifically, players. If I'm bored, I'm feeling like watching a football match and none of the teams I'm a fan of is playing I'm not going to think "oh, I could really watch an EPL match right now", I'm much more likely to think "Oh, PSG is playing? Let's see how Pastore is doing". No league has my allegiance, and I think it's rather silly the way some people argue for league superiority. That's not to say I don't defend the leagues I watch, but that's simply a reaction.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Do you watch leagues or clubs? Empty Re: Do you watch leagues or clubs?

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:07 pm

Yep.

Same here. I'd rather watch teams then care about where they're from.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:06 pm

I watch whatever it is playing at the moment regardless of the teams but I would always have a preference towards La Liga and EPL over everything else. Serie A, to me, has lost a lot of its luster and I just tune in when I feel it maybe a good match and then end up just being bored or gonna watch another match (most likely La Liga). However, I tend to make sure I take in the more notable derbies.

Also, I find Bundesliga is pretty easy to follow for me. There's usually a match on Friday and then one of the matches starts the earliest on a Saturday. The only issue is that it's pretty much left up to chance as to what teams I'll be watching so I end up watching sides I really don't care about (Pauli, Hamburg, FC Koln, etc.) or a Dortmund, Bayern, Neverkusen, Schalke match.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:10 pm

You're right. 99% of people can't follow a league completely. You don't have time for that. Unless you live off it. It's even less probable when you put multiple leagues into account.

For me, I watch the big clubs in England, Madrid and Barca in Spain; Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke in Germany; Madrid and Barca in Spain... but no way I watch the entire league.

Hell, sometimes I watch Monchengladbach matches or Hamburg matches if Arango or Rincón play. I set myself to watch Málaga matches for Rondón action. Pretty crazy.

Thank god for highlights.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:11 pm

League.

It may sound very strange, but If for example Barcelona vs Racing is on at the same time as Stoke vs Swansea, I'll watch the latter.

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:14 pm

mole, what's with the new sig?
Newcastle's salvation is here? Laughing Laughing Laughing

p.s: I mistook Lord Hispano for mole = FAIL...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:15 pm

Well, I watch as many games of the Bundesliga as I can. And there I don't really have a preference as *my* club currently only plays in the 3rd Bundesliga anyway.

What I totally don't miss are matches of the German national team, BTW. And that's both the guys and the gals.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Half and half.

The premier league because of the league also.

Others, because of the players and teams.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:24 pm

rwo power wrote:What I totally don't miss are matches of the German national team, BTW. And that's both the guys and the gals.
Nice, I've always wanted to watch the Argentine female national team but they don't get a lot of coverage here and consequently I never know when they're playing. I don't think we're very good either - and I think a lot of it stems from the fact that Argentina is still in many ways a backwards country when it comes to that sort of thing.

A lot of people believe that football is not for the delicate flowers that women are Rolling Eyes, and most female athletes go towards the more 'feminine' sport: field hockey. (In a majority of Argentine private schools, during physical education men play rugby and females play field hockey).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:28 pm

elmystique wrote:mole, what's with the new sig?
Newcastle's salvation is here? Laughing Laughing Laughing

p.s: I mistook Lord Hispano for mole = FAIL...

I have changed to a serious looking dog Very Happy

Anyway i watch 4 leagues and i will watch what ever is on tv for that respective league plus the team i support ofc...
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:37 pm

I actually follow some leagues because i like to watch youth players. In Lique 1 and Bundesliga, you have great youth players in the mid to lower level teams. In fact, the best youth programs are often on those teams... even in D2 in Ligue 1's case.

Mid to lower table Serie A teams tend to buy a lot of international youth players and they're interesting to watch too.

La Liga and EPL have a lot of the youth talent concentrated on the top teams, with a few exceptions. So it's less interesting to watch those leagues and i tend to just look at teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 pm

There should be a separate "Barca and Madrid from laliga" option :coffee:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:56 pm

nice avi Adit. borja valero looks so boss.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Clubs for sure.

This season I'm also following Pescara, maybe Ascoli now Boniperti III is there.
:{Mr.Mustachio!
:{Mr.Mustachio!
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:30 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
rwo power wrote:What I totally don't miss are matches of the German national team, BTW. And that's both the guys and the gals.
Nice, I've always wanted to watch the Argentine female national team but they don't get a lot of coverage here and consequently I never know when they're playing. I don't think we're very good either - and I think a lot of it stems from the fact that Argentina is still in many ways a backwards country when it comes to that sort of thing.

A lot of people believe that football is not for the delicate flowers that women are Rolling Eyes, and most female athletes go towards the more 'feminine' sport: field hockey. (In a majority of Argentine private schools, during physical education men play rugby and females play field hockey).
Due to the Women's WC 2011 having been in Germany, we got quite a lot of TV coverage here. Infact, they broadcast every single match of the Women's WC and I managed to watch most of them. I was duly impressed by the Canadian striker Christine Sinclair. She got her nose broken in the Canada-Germany match and instead of staying off, she screamed that the medics should fix her up so that she could continue to play. And play she did - she even scored a goal in that match after getting back on the field!

I'm very happy that German FreeTV wants to continue broadcasting the Women's NT's matches in the future as the TV audience was far bigger than they expected - up to 17 million viewers in Germany (in your face, BBC - the BBC decided to mostly not broadcast the WC due to alleged lack of interest from their viewers).

Oh, and back to topic - other than league and NT football I love to watch CL and EL matches, especially when German teams are involved.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum