Sushi Master
Swanhends
billy_gr
Albiceleste
BarrileteCosmico
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is total football back? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is total football back?

Post by tsgooner1 Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:09 pm

But pretty sick to watch

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:42 am

where did it go?
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:54 pm

While some elements of total football remained, can we really claimed that any team practiced it since Cruyff's Barcelona or Van Gaal's Ajax?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:31 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:Too soon to tell.

Time will tell us.
How is it too soon? Total football refers to a style, and Barca played it today Laughing

Let's see if they keep doing so. What a Face

You don't see me saying Valencia plays Total Football because Topal, Albelda, and Maduro played at the back line for a couple of games.

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:14 pm

So porto is not a top side now despite winning EL scratch
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FilipeFerreira Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:34 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:So porto is not a top side now despite winning EL scratch

Porto were without Alvaro pereira, Fernando, Varela, and Falcao in that game, all players which were instrumental last year. I'm a benfica fan and even I can admit that.
FilipeFerreira
FilipeFerreira
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : FC Porto

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:09 am

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:47 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
This was a really good vid. Really breaks down the strategy implemented by Pep, but also the Football IQ on the pitch.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:52 am

In that video you can really appreciate the off the ball movement that makes it possible

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:06 am

wow hats off to that team. Who ever dictated the play , made the defense like look like marionette puppets. I despise barca, but that is wonderful football Neutral
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:40 am

That is the best football I have seen in since 1993
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:41 am

barca 2011 wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
This was a really good vid. Really breaks down the strategy implemented by Pep, but also the Football IQ on the pitch.

Thats a fantastic video, i'm not someone who believe all football should be played this way, but it is foolish to not see the great Dutch philosophy on play here.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:54 am

This reminds me of ajax in 95 and cruyffs dream team. God bless Guardiola.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:28 am

Pep Guardiola praising the quarter final Copa del Rey tactics used by Rijkaard against Zaragoza in 2007, a year before taking over as coach.

Sentirlo (Feeling It)
02/03/2007

In the last page of the newspaper La Vanguardia yesterday, the actress Norma Aleando commented that many people win the lottery and they don't even know it. I believe that for those who love Barça (a lot) and football (even more) it's been time since we won the lottery. And the best part is that we know it. From the hands of a Dutch and a Catalan.

I'm sorry, Norma.

It seems, from what they say, that the dream team came back against Zaragoza; I think the dream team has never left.

"Victory appeals me and I realize that the way that approaches her the most is taking control. I would never think about playing a game without stepping into the opponent's half". Marvelous phrase from Marcelo Bielsa that Barcelona has made their own more than a decade ago. In Barcelona we understand that we can win a thousand ways. All of them valid. All of them work. But in Barcelona we also understand that you can never win and win again without a style that you feel. A style that that the bosses don't feel, or the coaches, the players, the friends at the press, and the people that come watch us every week.

I believe that the actual Barça players feel this. They feel it, because many saw their closest predecessors do it. They feel it because they have seen themselves do it and winning with it (how much winning reinforces convictions...) and because they know that since they have done it, they can do it again. If they didn't feel it this way, they would win. But some day. They wouldn't win all the time. You can't go from playing a defensive line with four players, to playing with three, and I mean three not five, and do it as if it was something ordinary. And doing it well. And winning and being in the semi-finals of the Copa.

I think, and maybe I'm mistaken, but that's what I see: they like to play through the ball. That they attack and defend with the ball and that they understand that it can't be that the ball is there and we're here; the ball up there and the rest down here. They feel that instead of moving a lot towards the ball, it's better to wait and receive it. It will come. They feel that the forwards to triumph and show up in the papers they need a good ball from the midfielders, and these, to be able to do that, need a good ball from their defenders. I pass it to you and you pass it to them. Ronaldinho knows he's better with Eto'o and Eto'o knows he's better with Ronaldinho. They have their attributes, but together they're better than alone. They insist in knowing where the free man is in every moment, and they know that it's better that the free man is Iniesta than a full back.

They know that Iniesta and Xavi are compatible. And why wouldn't they be, joder? They understand, like any good collective play, that when you start on the right flank it's best to finish in the left flank, and that a backpass doesn't mean they're scared but merely the beginning of a better play. They feel that the chance will arrive and that the possession by itself is nothing, but it's a tool to reach the goal. That it's better for the wingers to get the ball from the center than from the fullbacks. That if the three small ones play (Deco-Xavi-Iniesta), like against Zaragoza, the canteranos must take care of control and the elaboration of the play, and Deco of the finishing. They feel that if we have to play with three in the back, well then we'll play with three, but those three have to have the legs of Oleguer and Puyol. And they also know that they have the best player in the world with them, or almost, and that if we talk about knowing to play football, not about being more decisive, not about making plays, I reiterate, about knowing how to play football, we have the best two midfielders in the world. But that all these bests and almost best players, in another environment they would struggle to be just almosts. They know it. Or that way they feel it.

Or that's what I think.

And with all this, sometimes, once in a while, they also lose. They lose because of a lack of will. For not sweating the jersey. Or because lately they have eaten a well and a lot. And they're not as hungry anymore. Yes, they also lose for those reasons. Like all the teams in the world. But they also lose because sometimes, Xavi or Deco or Iniesta go steal the ball from the center backs when maybe they shouldn't. Or because sometimes a ball that starts in the right flank ends in the right flank. Or because the third man is used occasionally. Or because Ronaldinho has to receive more balls from Marquez and less from Sylvinho... Or because the transition of attack-defense, from having it to not having it, is maybe slower now. Or because Eto'o is not there. Or what the hell do I know why they lose! But they lose. But they don't only lose from not sweating the jersey. For not running more and more. They lose for other things and they know it. Some because they have been born here and that way they have been educated; others because they have no choice but to learn.

Tomorrow Barça will lose. Or the day after. It happens to all of us. But no one can argue that it's been a long time since Barça is a team with personality. Unique.

And you have no idea how much I like that.

Hours before the game against Zaragoza, Iniesta sent my brother a text message. Mi brother resent it to me. It said: "The dream team is back. I'm playing". Can't you feel how they should play the marvelous craft that is to play fooball?

Do you have any doubt about how they would play against The Beatles?

Will they go through? Will they go home? Don't doubt Bielsa's words.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum