white_star
The BoyWonder
kiranr
Vibe
52 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How will the ties end?

Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 21 ]
Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 23 ]
Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 14 ]
Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 7 ]
Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 13 ]
Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 93

Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread

Post by the xcx Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:12 am

Milan to win in home and draw at Camp Nou Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 2859867778

the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:14 am

wigglesworth wrote:Player for player, Milan is no less capable than the Inter that destroyed Barca 3-1 at San Siro the year before last. Some people forget that Milan has been the most successful CL team over the past 30 years. Most of you are very recent bandwagoneers, it appears.

Or perhaps you're caught up in the past. I understand Milan have a great history, but in the end that plays no role on how this team will fare. Keep in mind I'm not saying Milan will get crushed, but I'm not sure I see them winning either game. I would agree that Milan can match Barca player for player, when it comes to talent. But in my opinion Barcelona as a team are going to make things difficult for Milan. Same goes for that Inter team that "destroyed" Barca, they were a strong team lead by the devil. We're all entitled to our opinions without being looked at as recent bandwagoneers.

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:19 am

Tough luck if barca are missing Pique/Puyol next month. Though you shouldn't gloat if you win without both or make it an excuse if you lose.

I chose milan to destroy barca because of my bias Razz ,, but bias aside barca could grab both wins just because of the midfield and attack combo. Milan really needs that connector in the middle, kind of reminds me of us madrid with our midfield. Milan should take note if they want to cause an upset.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:27 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:Player for player, Milan is no less capable than the Inter that destroyed Barca 3-1 at San Siro the year before last. Some people forget that Milan has been the most successful CL team over the past 30 years. Most of you are very recent bandwagoneers, it appears.

Or perhaps you're caught up in the past. I understand Milan have a great history, but in the end that plays no role on how this team will fare. Keep in mind I'm not saying Milan will get crushed, but I'm not sure I see them winning either game. I would agree that Milan can match Barca player for player, when it comes to talent. But in my opinion Barcelona as a team are going to make things difficult for Milan. Same goes for that Inter team that "destroyed" Barca, they were a strong team lead by the devil. We're all entitled to our opinions without being looked at as recent bandwagoneers.

Perhaps you are caught in the past. Milan, unfortunately, has gotten much stronger this year and Allegri is a young genius of a manager that has won a Scudetto now. I watch Milan's players on the field, they are really fighters and are talented. Even Abate who was a joke last year, is now the best crosser at full speed I have ever seen. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but please don't be upset when I say "I told you so" a month hence.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:29 am

Barca win home and draw away, as per usual.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:41 am

I watch just about every Milan game, this has been going on for the past 4-6 years. Believe me, I know the Milan team inside and out. I have respect for Allegri, but wouldn't consider him to be a genius. (I'd like to think you'd have a better idea of his career) I'm just judging him from one season. Once again, I have tons of respect for Abate, but saying he is not the best crosser at full speed seems a bit much. I think we will see an improved Abate once again this season, but I'd like to think his crossing can be worked on. (I saw some nice signs of that in the preseason) But we haven't seen that over the span of a season.

At the end of the day these two teams have to play the games, anything we say will have no effect on the game. I promise not to be upset if/when you tell me I told you so.

P.S. If anything I'm caught in the now. The now of course being Barca, I try to take in as many games from them each year. If there is one thing I respect it's the beautiful game and no one is doing it better than them for the last couple of years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:41 am

Milan has a shot IMO,Barca fans will be priceless when two Italian champions beat them in twice 3 years...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:54 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:I watch just about every Milan game, this has been going on for the past 4-6 years. Believe me, I know the Milan team inside and out. I have respect for Allegri, but wouldn't consider him to be a genius. (I'd like to think you'd have a better idea of his career) I'm just judging him from one season. Once again, I have tons of respect for Abate, but saying he is not the best crosser at full speed seems a bit much. I think we will see an improved Abate once again this season, but I'd like to think his crossing can be worked on. (I saw some nice signs of that in the preseason) But we haven't seen that over the span of a season.

At the end of the day these two teams have to play the games, anything we say will have no effect on the game. I promise not to be upset if/when you tell me I told you so.

P.S. If anything I'm caught in the now. The now of course being Barca, I try to take in as many games from them each year. If there is one thing I respect it's the beautiful game and no one is doing it better than them for the last couple of years.

If you like tiki taka you will like Barcelona. I don't like tiki taka. To me, it is not the beautiful game. Of course, that is only my opinion.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:55 am

wigglesworth wrote:
TetraHydroC 10 wrote:I watch just about every Milan game, this has been going on for the past 4-6 years. Believe me, I know the Milan team inside and out. I have respect for Allegri, but wouldn't consider him to be a genius. (I'd like to think you'd have a better idea of his career) I'm just judging him from one season. Once again, I have tons of respect for Abate, but saying he is not the best crosser at full speed seems a bit much. I think we will see an improved Abate once again this season, but I'd like to think his crossing can be worked on. (I saw some nice signs of that in the preseason) But we haven't seen that over the span of a season.

If you like tiki taka you will like Barcelona. I don't like tiki taka. To me, it is not the beautiful game. Of course, that is only my opinion.
hey, your not the only one who dislikes tiki taka. Its so Anti-footballish
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:59 am

Milan has a very good defense that might be able to hold out for long periods, but I think they will have difficulty scoring
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:00 am

Milan is def a good team now they def improved alot, great coach and good players like you guys say. Both teams have a solid defence and i think Barca slightly better offence. The battle of these games will be decided by the midfield and to be honest because i am neutral and have no bias barcas midfield will prevail! This is football and anything can happen so if Milan pull off the wins then i will show the proper respect because they will beat the best team in the world.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabra1 Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:05 am

The dynamic, quick switch from defense to attack style of Germany does it for me. The 2 dozens+ of goals in the last WC don't like. And they are better to watch right now than Spain!

As for the debate, I think Barca's defense will find it a bit hard to cope with Robinho, Pato, Cassano and last but not least Ibracadabra. Milan have a lot of attacking flair, and if it can show against Inter, then it can show against the very attacking minded Barca who will often leave space in the back.
Sabra1
Sabra1
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabra1 Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:08 am

I voted in an answer I don't believe in: Milan destroying Barca in both games. Just because of my bias...
Sabra1
Sabra1
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:08 am

The xcx wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

hey, your not the only one who dislikes tiki taka. Its so Anti-footballish

Anti-footballish, I guess to each their own. Most people underestimate how much skill it takes to play that way. I despise Mourinho and his style, but at the end of the day I respect it for what it is. Keeping possession, making the right plays, playing for each other ect. Do you consider all teams that play offensive and move the ball well to be tiki taka? Everything you say seems to be a generalization, where is the wiggle room, some pun intended.

If you like Barca, you like tiki taka.
If you think Milan will lose you're a recent bandwagoner.

Everything in life is not so black and white.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:39 am

I DONT understand just how milan being the most succesful team in europe in the last 30 years or whatver is related to the result of this match.. imo barca are clearly better and undeniably have the advantage,, theyll draw the second leg away win by a 2 goal margin at home
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:55 am

diptiman wrote: I DONT understand just how milan being the most succesful team in europe in the last 30 years or whatver is related to the result of this match.. imo barca are clearly better and undeniably have the advantage,, theyll draw the second leg away win by a 2 goal margin at home

You may think that a history of winning (and having players who have won) the champions league has no bearing on a CL game, but I do.

As far as Barcelona having undeniably have the advantage, that's an opinion and I can deny it all I want.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:00 am

i Do you consider all teams that play offensive and move the ball well to be tiki taka?

Tiki taka, which means holding the ball with horizontal passing, is not offensive football. It works well against the English pass and hoof it style because it prevents English teams from playing, but, against a talented and disciplined Italian team like Inter (or Milan), Barca will lose more often than win, especially when it is 11 players against 11 players.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:09 am

wigglesworth wrote:i Do you consider all teams that play offensive and move the ball well to be tiki taka?

Tiki taka, which means holding the ball with horizontal passing, is not offensive football. It works well against the English pass and hoof it style because it prevents English teams from playing, but, against a talented and disciplined Italian team like Inter (or Milan), Barca will lose more often than win, especially when it is 11 players against 11 players.

Lol... . Tiki taka is not horizontal passing.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:10 am

VibeTribe wrote:Can votes be made public?I wanna see who thinks Milan will destroy Barcelona Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 5-81

All 11 of them Shocked

Abiatti

Abate---Nesta---Silva---Zambrotta

Van Bommel---Mexes

Antonini---Ambrosini---Emanuelson

Bonera

Gattuso as the super-sub.

Come at us :coffee:

In all seriousness though I think that a repeat of Inter's group stage performances against Barcelona may well be in order, a draw at home, though I think 1-1 more likely than Inter's 0-0 and a loss in Spain would be the safest bet. In much the same way as Inter, Milan shouldn't be too worried about these fixtures beyond ensuring our pride and they should be used as learning curves. Beating Barcelona in the group stages doesn't get you any closer to the trophy, if we can beat them it should be a surprise in the latter stages. It's a great litmus test, however both sides will likely not yet be at their peak and we'll still be learning how to play them. Allegri will be up against the wall from the beginning with our campaign beginning in the Camp Nou, however he learns from each mistake he makes so expect the team to get progressively better from half time in Spain.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:17 am

wigglesworth wrote:i Do you consider all teams that play offensive and move the ball well to be tiki taka?

In 4 games in the 09-10 Champion's Leauge we won two and drew one game.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:31 am

Lionel Messi wrote:

In 4 games in the 09-10 Champion's Leauge we won two and drew one game.

In the group stage Inter had just gotten all the new players Sneijder, Eto'o etc. and was not a disciplined team yet. Once the spring came and the team had gelled, Barca lost 3-1 and won (but was eliminated) against an Inter that had only ten men for more than 70 minutes. A great, far superior team should be able to destroy a team playing with 10 men for most of the match. Don't know how much you paid UEFA off for that red card decision. I still remember peekaboo Piquet or Busquets forget which of the two clowns dove.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:32 am

and now come the excuses. We beat you more times than you beat us, simple.

I wonder how much Inter paid UEFA for their UCL final spot, Barcelona were robbed.

Last edited by Lionel Messi on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:34 am

Inter would have never won Barca without help of the volcano. Everybody knows that.

Barcelona - AC Milan Prediction Thread - Page 2 0506-iceland-volcano-Eyjafjallajokull_full_600
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:35 am

Let Mark van Bommel and Gatusso play. TOTAL DESTRUCTION.
Barcelona will still win both legs however.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:36 am

This isn't a reflection on Barcelona vs Inter Milan, it's a prediction thread for Barcelona vs AC Milan, if you guys don't mind.

Last edited by dostoevsky on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:37 am

Shouldn’t this be in the CL section?
By the way I’m having a great time. My bro is a Milan fan so it’s family civil war time Smile
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next