Rossoneri Ninja
Internal
billy_gr
fatman123
Babun
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Netherlands top fifa rankings ahead of Spain Empty Netherlands top fifa rankings ahead of Spain

Post by Babun Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:45 am

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/24082011/58/world-cup-dutch-replace-spain-atop-fifa-rankings.html

1. (2) Netherlands

2. (1) Spain

3. (3) Germany

4. (6) England

5. (5) Uruguay

6. (4) Brazil

7. ( 8 ) Italy

8. (7) Portugal

9. (10) Argentina

10. (9) Croatia

The numbers in brackets are the former positions of the teams on the list Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Netherlands top fifa rankings ahead of Spain Empty Re: Netherlands top fifa rankings ahead of Spain

Post by fatman123 Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:56 am

im sure spain will be humble and respectful in defeat
surprised to see croatia so high tbh
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Netherlands top fifa rankings ahead of Spain Empty Re: Netherlands top fifa rankings ahead of Spain

Post by billy_gr Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:57 am

affraid
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Internal Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:02 am

Can someone please tell me how and why england are 4? Seriously, what have they done since the wc to warrant even a top 10 spot?
Internal
Internal
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:03 am

I'm suprised to see England in 4th place. Uruguay, Brazil or Argentine would beat them 8/10 times Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:05 am

Whats even more disturbing is that Uruguay finished 4th in WC and won Copa yet , England are still ahead of them scratch
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:06 am

Suspect

England?

Not that these mean much, however the Netherlands are over 400 points clear of England and 67 points separate 4th and 7th. Japan, Cote D'Ivoire and France are tied for 15th.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:08 am

dostoevsky wrote: Suspect

England?

Not that these mean much, however the Netherlands are over 400 points clear of England and 67 points separate 4th and 7th. Japan, Cote D'Ivoire and France are tied for 15th.
I feel for the French Very Happy How they have fallen in the last 8 years Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:09 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Whats even more disturbing is that Uruguay finished 4th in WC and won Copa yet , England are still ahead of them scratch
I thought the report was a joke by eurosport.co.uk but today isn't 1.April Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:25 am

England? Really sounds like april fool's day.

I get the Dutch leapfrogging Spain, though, with how the recent matches panned out and whatnot.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:35 am

England 4th? At least this bribe has gone through
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:41 am

Good tweets Very Happy @sidlowe England are no4 in the world? Mwah-ha-ha!

@TonyBarretTimes The number 4 represents the average number of passes they make before the ball is given away

Smile

Deserved no.1 for Netherlands, they are the most consistent NT in the world, only two loses under Van Marwijk (friendly vs Australia in 2008 and WC final after ET), so one loss in regular time, good results, finally they have no. 1 spot.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:54 am

babun1024 wrote:

England?

I feel for the French Very Happy How they have fallen in the last 8 years Very Happy

Lol. We're fine. We just don't play very many friendlies and our qualifying pool for Euro 2012 are shit teams mostly. FIFA's way of ranking teams is so ridiculously unsophisticated that it doesn't account for a lot of the variables. I could care less about it frankly other than it messes up WC and WC qualifying seedings.

Winning tournaments is all that counts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:56 am

sportsczy wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

England?

Lol. We're fine. We just don't play very many friendlies and our qualifying pool for Euro 2012 are shit teams mostly. FIFA's way of ranking teams is so ridiculously unsophisticated that it doesn't account for a lot of the variables. I could care less about it frankly other than it messes up WC and WC qualifying seedings.

France sucked in tournaments as well, they didn't beat a top seeded team for a long time Very Happy 15.th place is just right for France Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:03 am

Really struggling to understand why England are 4th but oh well...

I think every team on that list would beat them.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyzar Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:55 am

England at 4th?! What a Face

Never mind, it is FIFA rankings Razz
Keyzar
Keyzar
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:00 am

Lol, FIFA rankings, who cares?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:05 am

babun1024 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

England?

France sucked in tournaments as well, they didn't beat a top seeded team for a long time Very Happy 15.th place is just right for France Very Happy

Haven't done much since 2006 WC... but we've done a lot more than England, Norway, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:24 am

Internal wrote:Can someone please tell me how and why england are 4? Seriously, what have they done since the wc to warrant even a top 10 spot?

babun1024 wrote:I'm suprised to see England in 4th place. Uruguay, Brazil or Argentine would beat them 8/10 times Very Happy

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Whats even more disturbing is that Uruguay finished 4th in WC and won Copa yet , England are still ahead of them scratch

England?

VivaStPauli wrote:England? Really sounds like april fool's day.

I get the Dutch leapfrogging Spain, though, with how the recent matches panned out and whatnot.

Grande_Milano wrote:England 4th? At least this bribe has gone through

matpol wrote:Good tweets Very Happy @sidlowe England are no4 in the world? Mwah-ha-ha!

@TonyBarretTimes The number 4 represents the average number of passes they make before the ball is given away

Smile

Deserved no.1 for Netherlands, they are the most consistent NT in the world, only two loses under Van Marwijk (friendly vs Australia in 2008 and WC final after ET), so one loss in regular time, good results, finally they have no. 1 spot.

mezzogiornese wrote:Really struggling to understand why England are 4th but oh well...

Keyzar wrote:England at 4th?! What a Face

This forum's obsession with England is pretty hilarious to be honest.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:07 am

Can't argue that England seems to be a bit "obsessed" over on these parts but it's bewildering how England are 4th according to FIFA.

Like really confusing actually...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Internal Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:47 am

Gil wrote:
Internal wrote:Can someone please tell me how and why england are 4? Seriously, what have they done since the wc to warrant even a top 10 spot?

babun1024 wrote:I'm suprised to see England in 4th place. Uruguay, Brazil or Argentine would beat them 8/10 times Very Happy

England?

VivaStPauli wrote:England? Really sounds like april fool's day.

Grande_Milano wrote:England 4th? At least this bribe has gone through

matpol wrote:Good tweets Very Happy @sidlowe England are no4 in the world? Mwah-ha-ha!

Smile

mezzogiornese wrote:Really struggling to understand why England are 4th but oh well...

Keyzar wrote:England at 4th?! What a Face

This forum's obsession with England is pretty hilarious to be honest.

you know damn well none of us are "obsessed" with england, just perplexed at the blatant bias fifa has towards england, and the market it brings
Internal
Internal
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:59 am

wtf! why isnt England no 2???
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Lol, FIFA rankings, who cares?

4TH>>>>>9TH

U MAD?

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:11 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

4TH>>>>>9TH

U MAD?

Spoiler:

2 world cups > 1 world cup (none in 45 years). That pretty much ends this argument. Next!

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:13 am

sportsczy wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

4TH>>>>>9TH

U MAD?

Spoiler:

2 world cups > 1 world cup (none in 45 years). That pretty much ends this argument. Next!

I take it you did'nt read the spoiler? which clearly shows i was joking Razz

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next