Ganso
xabi
ErPupone
the xcx
REWB
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Xavi & Zidane; Where do they fall speaking of all time greats - Page 2 Empty Re: Xavi & Zidane; Where do they fall speaking of all time greats

Post by juventus101 Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:40 am

As ErPupone said, how are you gonna tell me that Del Piero and Totti are not as good as Xavi, and the only one th comes close is Pirlo. Maldini is Milans equivalent of Del Piero. Pirlo is not on Del Piero/Maldini/Tottis level. And neither is Xavi. Beckham-Xavi is close, but Ballack is also above Xavi. Honestly, I dont think you watch the bundesliga or serie a. You probably only watch La Liga.

juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Xavi & Zidane; Where do they fall speaking of all time greats - Page 2 Empty Re: Xavi & Zidane; Where do they fall speaking of all time greats

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:01 am

What has beckham done to even suggest that he on xavi's level?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:03 am

dont ever put Xavi in the same sentence as Zidane. Yall need to behave. Put Xavi (a good player in his own right) in a non Barca system, and he will not deliver. Winning everything hides his flaws.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:06 am

xavi is being compared to guys that have been thorough for a DECADE, while he is putting up number in that star fill barca team... quite unbelievable. I am expecting a Barca fan blitz-creek in 3..;.2....1...n

for what? 3-4 season might I add? Whats next? Busicutts being right up there with Makelele and Edgar Davids?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:27 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:xavi is being compared to guys that have been thorough for a DECADE, while he is putting up number in that star fill barca team... quite unbelievable. I am expecting a Barca fan blitz-creek in 3..;.2....1...n

for what? 3-4 season might I add? Whats next? Busicutts being right up there with Makelele and Edgar Davids?

that argument cant hold, Ronaldinho was at his peak for only a couple of years then he vanished.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:40 am

ErPupone wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:
juventus101 wrote:Xavi is Top 40-50 at best. Id say theres 5 or so players right now id place above him. Del Piero, Totti, Ballack, Beckham, Giggs, Ronaldinho, maybe Gerrard and Pirlo.

All time? Baggio, Pele, Garrincha, Maradona, Zidane, Cruyff, Muller, Van Basten, Eusebio, Brazilian Ronaldo, Zico, Shearer, Romario, Klinsmann. Thats just forwards and attacking mids off the top of my head in a matter of 2 minutes of thinking about it. Xavi is great, but nowhere close to top 10. At best hes Top 40-50. AT BEST.

Now Top 10 center mids? Now youre on to something. Off the top of my head, id place Ballack, Matthaus, Vieira, and probably Pirlo above him. But thats all I canthink of right now.

del piero,Beckham,totti? are you kidding me?Xavi is better than those player.Only pirlo is close to him.

So to you Xavi is much better than Del Piero and Totti, but is leveled with Pirlo. Therefore Pirlo is better than Totti and Del Piero. Hmmm, don't agree. If you only watch La Liga though, it's understandable that you think that.

Who knew Del Piero and Totti became Regista's :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:42 am

Zidane top 10 Xavi dont think so.

Xavi wasnt as influencial to Barca before Guardiola came.Was he?It was the same case with Spain too. Not saying he was average for them before that but he was never considered a great player till 2008 season IMO.

I think how great Xavi is rated will be decided by the next few years and how he finishes his career IMO.If he keeps this level and continues to be the fulcrum of Barca and Spain for next 3-4 years then maybe he can be considered as top 10 player.But not now IMO.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:43 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:xavi is being compared to guys that have been thorough for a DECADE, while he is putting up number in that star fill barca team... quite unbelievable. I am expecting a Barca fan blitz-creek in 3..;.2....1...n

that argument cant hold, Ronaldinho was at his peak for only a couple of years then he vanished.

I dont hold Rohaldinho in the same bracket as Zizzu because he was not as big of an influence to the team as Zidane. And then there is the whole longevity factor.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:50 am

for me Zidane is the man ...he is top 10 for me Xavi no ...but to say taht xavi is not great would be crime even thou I dislike his character ...

dragan stojkovic piski was one hell of a talent and I don't see ppl mentioning him
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:11 am

Sepi wrote:Both among top 10 players of all time IMO

Zidane yes, Xavi of course not...

Diego Maradona
Ronaldo "Il Fenomeno"
Roberto Baggio
Michel Platini
Zinedine Zidane
Lionel Messi
Gerd Muller
Pele
Johann Cruyff
Franz Beckenbauer

I just named 10 players off the top of my head. So if Xavi is one of the top 10 players of all time then he has to be better than at least one of the above players. So the question is who is he better than on the above list?
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:33 am

sciacca wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
juventus101 wrote:Xavi is Top 40-50 at best. Id say theres 5 or so players right now id place above him. Del Piero, Totti, Ballack, Beckham, Giggs, Ronaldinho, maybe Gerrard and Pirlo.

All time? Baggio, Pele, Garrincha, Maradona, Zidane, Cruyff, Muller, Van Basten, Eusebio, Brazilian Ronaldo, Zico, Shearer, Romario, Klinsmann. Thats just forwards and attacking mids off the top of my head in a matter of 2 minutes of thinking about it. Xavi is great, but nowhere close to top 10. At best hes Top 40-50. AT BEST.

Now Top 10 center mids? Now youre on to something. Off the top of my head, id place Ballack, Matthaus, Vieira, and probably Pirlo above him. But thats all I canthink of right now.

del piero,Beckham,totti? are you kidding me?Xavi is better than those player.Only pirlo is close to him.

So to you Xavi is much better than Del Piero and Totti, but is leveled with Pirlo. Therefore Pirlo is better than Totti and Del Piero. Hmmm, don't agree. If you only watch La Liga though, it's understandable that you think that.

Who knew Del Piero and Totti became Regista's :coffee:

That's besides the point I was making.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:36 am

That was meant for him, not you lol

Back to top Go down

Post by football_genius Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:05 am

neither of them are top 10

football_genius
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:15 pm

Both are top 20.
I am Xavi's biggest fan but I dont think he should be in the top 10.
Top 20 yes.Top 10 list is reserved for forwards.
However if it was greatest midfielder of all time or most influential player of all time then Xavi would be numero uno.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Ronaldo is way overrated im sorry. Zidane was a better player than he is.

Unbelievable talent tho, that's what people rate him on.

Sorry nick Individually Ronaldo was better player imo.lol Zidane was inconsistent through out his carrier
he was tournament player though.
Zidane was as consistent as you can get. think of iniesta on steroids, and taller

lulz no.. zidane was famous for being great against big team and shockingly average against small teams... Xavi was/is definitely the more consistent player of the two

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:42 pm

Did you just say Xavi is the best midfielder ofall time? So hes above Matthaus, Ballack, Pirlo, Makelele, Vieira, Davids, Giggs, Rivera, D. Baggio, Scholes, Zanetti, etc? No way in hell.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:16 pm

:lol!: Zidane wasn't average against smaller teams.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Each era had zidanes xavi messis ronaldos. talking about "of all time" is ridiculous. As if you watch football since 1890
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2