Xavi or Zidane?

+21
Mamad
Tomasso
FennecFox7
Travis_RM_91
Le Samourai
DuringTheWar
DRK
donttreadonred
harhar11
DeviAngel
Abramovich
Spooony
Great Leader Sprucenuce
M99
Adit
dronte
guest7
jibers
Doc
Valkyrja
Blue Barrett
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Xavi or Zidane?

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Who would you pick to boss and control your midfield for you?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10348
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Zidane.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11268
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:20 pm

zece wrote:Zidane.
Same as me.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10348
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by Doc Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Both can probably operate on the same field though...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15846
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by jibers Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Xavi, no contest. Zidane might have come very deep but he didn't control a agme anywhere the level Xavi has, noone has to be honest. If I wanted an x factor I would pick Zidane over most players, but as a dictating central MF, no competition. Plus in Zidanes best years, which was at Juve he played in front of s three man CM, he was nevere really a dictator. It's like asking whether you wanted Laudrup or Iniesta to dictate your games. That's not what they did. Zidane was a killer though...God damn it I know....he tore us apart, with both Juve and Madrid.... Sad
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10236
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by guest7 Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:41 pm

In terms of controlling the game... Xavi.

Zidane didn't control games. A good comparison to a modern player would be Iniesta. He is rich mans Iniesta, a 10.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8275
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by dronte Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:44 pm

Zidane anywhere, any day.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 2333
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by Adit Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:47 pm

How is xavi controlling games makes him better?

Xavi plays deep aside in centre line with maximum one or none to mark him,while Zidane played within sea of defenders.

And Zidane did control games ,actually he is definitely one of the best game controlling AM i have ever seen.

Zidane has more ball technique in his toe than Xavi has in his entire body too.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9545
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by Doc Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:50 pm

I still feel both can play at the same time without much issues though...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15846
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by jibers Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Adit wrote:How is xavi controlling games makes him better?

Xavi plays deep aside in centre line with maximum one or none to mark him,while Zidane played within sea of defenders.

And Zidane did control games ,actually he is definitely one of the best game controlling AM i have ever seen.

Zidane has more ball technique in his toe than Xavi has in his entire body too.

LOL what ever makes you happy. For me Xavi has the best first touch I have ever seen, arguably better than MAradonas for, he is at that level. Zidane's first touch was never consistently this good, and this is coming from a guy that has watched him consistently for most of his career. I admit many things influence this, but the facct remains, Zidane lost the ball way more than Xavi did. So where was Xavi playing inthe Euros and the WC? as a regista? and for Barcelona he practiocally plays everywhere and seeing as teams pack the ball against Barcelona the myth that Xavi isn't man marked needs to be dispelled, Busquets maybe, but Xavi is constantly surrounded by 3 players minimum. would rather have Xavi in my team. Making stupid statements like that makes your whole arguement invalid and maes you seem like a very biased poster.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10236
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by jibers Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Doc wrote:I still feel both can play at the same time without much issues though...

of course, Xavi has no problem with Ini does he?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10236
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by M99 Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:58 pm

both can play at the same team, see my all time XI post. If I want to choose someone to control the game, then Xavi. If I want a game changer then Zidane. Who is better overall? Zizou for me.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30386
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by Adit Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:58 pm

jibers wrote:
Adit wrote:How is xavi controlling games makes him better?

Xavi plays deep aside in centre line with maximum one or none to mark him,while Zidane played within sea of defenders.

And Zidane did control games ,actually he is definitely one of the best game controlling AM i have ever seen.

Zidane has more ball technique in his toe than Xavi has in his entire body too.

LOL what ever makes you happy. For me Xavi has the best first touch I have ever seen, arguably better than MAradonas for, he is at that level. Zidane's first touch was never consistently this good, and this is coming from a guy that has watched him consistently for most of his career. I admit many things influence this, but the facct remains, Zidane lost the ball way more than Xavi did. So where was Xavi playing inthe Euros and the WC? as a regista? and for Barcelona he practiocally plays everywhere and seeing as teams pack the ball against Barcelona the myth that Xavi isn't man marked needs to be dispelled, Busquets maybe, but Xavi is constantly surrounded by 3 players minimum. would rather have Xavi in my team. Making stupid statements like that makes your whole arguement invalid and maes you seem like a very biased poster.

Lol at xavi having best first touch ever

Iniesta has a better one ffs

Being better player doesnt mean you have to be technically better.

xavi to me is more consistent but you cant ignore the level of difficulty that Iniesta or zidane or any AM face.

And xavi is as much marked as Iniesta or Zidane? Laughing

no comments really.Xavi selectively goes forward..you are comparing him to a out and out AM who will be marked all game and pressured?


Last edited by Adit on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9545
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by Doc Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:59 pm

jibers wrote:
Doc wrote:I still feel both can play at the same time without much issues though...

of course, Xavi has no problem with Ini does he?

Um, sure. Not that I can't consider Ini a Spanish version of the Frenchman but they do play similar roles so I guess I should concede that your grumpy self has a point...

Also, Xavi, Ini and Zidane have impeccable first touch. I can't rank one over the other. Hardly have I seen any of those players mis-control a pass
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15846
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by Adit Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:06 pm

and xavi marked by 3 man,seriously? do you even watch Barca at all?

How may teams can afford 3 man on xavi? Teams dont even put more than 2 player on Barcas half let alone Man marking xavi with 3 players..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9545
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Adit did you read the OP?

Who would you pick to boss and control your midfield for you?

It's not about whose better ffs Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68972
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by Adit Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:18 pm

yeah i was deceived
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9545
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by Spooony Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Xavi. Zidane is retired


Last edited by Spooony on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 270
Join date : 2012-03-17
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by Abramovich Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Adit wrote:yeah i was deceived

QUE?! :vagi:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by DeviAngel Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Xavi or Zidane? Db4f4871ce1f9d325d2fea48518c7184


FTW !


I am sure if it wasn't that incident in the WC he would be the best in the history ofc messi would have say here Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 21304
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 122

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by harhar11 Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:52 pm


Adit wrote:and xavi marked by 3 man,seriously? do you even watch Barca at all?

How may teams can afford 3 man on xavi? Teams dont even put more than 2 player on Barcas half let alone Man marking xavi with 3 players..

Do you? If you do then you would know that Barca almost always have to face a wall infront of the goal so Xavi will play alot of the time in the final third of the pitch and thats where most of the defenders are, so yeah he does get marked alot and even then I very rarely see him misscontrol a pass/ball.

Here are 3 examples
Spoiler:

The 3rd one is especially hard.

Zidane and Iniesta might have a better touch but not by a big margin. The thing that clouds alot of peoples mind about Zidanes and Iniesta is that they have a more spectacular touch than Xavi but a more spectacular first touch =/= better first touch.


harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3646
Join date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:58 pm

http://fliiby.com/file/589207/mx92x4miex.html

Zidane show.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11268
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by donttreadonred Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:55 pm

As much as I want to say Zidane, Xavi better fits the criteria you've laid out. Zidane is less likely to control the game. He certainly had the ability to decide a game for his team, but I feel like Xavi would be more likely to dictate the pace of the game. Tbh, I don't think it's an "either/or" situation. They can both play in the same XI. A better comparison would be Xabi Alonso vs. Xavi (Xabi vs. Xavi, if you will) and... I suppose Iniesta, Gerrard or Fabregas (I suppose) vs. Zidane (I don't really have a good comparison... sorry).
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2208
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by DRK Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Xavi
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 1622
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:02 am

Adit wrote:
jibers wrote:
Adit wrote:How is xavi controlling games makes him better?

Xavi plays deep aside in centre line with maximum one or none to mark him,while Zidane played within sea of defenders.

And Zidane did control games ,actually he is definitely one of the best game controlling AM i have ever seen.

Zidane has more ball technique in his toe than Xavi has in his entire body too.

LOL what ever makes you happy. For me Xavi has the best first touch I have ever seen, arguably better than MAradonas for, he is at that level. Zidane's first touch was never consistently this good, and this is coming from a guy that has watched him consistently for most of his career. I admit many things influence this, but the facct remains, Zidane lost the ball way more than Xavi did. So where was Xavi playing inthe Euros and the WC? as a regista? and for Barcelona he practiocally plays everywhere and seeing as teams pack the ball against Barcelona the myth that Xavi isn't man marked needs to be dispelled, Busquets maybe, but Xavi is constantly surrounded by 3 players minimum. would rather have Xavi in my team. Making stupid statements like that makes your whole arguement invalid and maes you seem like a very biased poster.

Lol at xavi having best first touch ever

Iniesta has a better one ffs

Being better player doesnt mean you have to be technically better.

xavi to me is more consistent but you cant ignore the level of difficulty that Iniesta or zidane or any AM face.

And xavi is as much marked as Iniesta or Zidane? Laughing

no comments really.Xavi selectively goes forward..you are comparing him to a out and out AM who will be marked all game and pressured?


I think xavi managed to semi-fail a control whilst doing a somersault once, for nearly achieving it = best first touch ever Very Happy

seriously dont know why people are raving about it because he rarely miscontrols, denilson rarely miscontroled the ball.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1340159/Barcelona-line-10m-Denilson-bid-Arsenal-team-mate-Cesc-Fabregas-cost-much.html

"Denilson is seen as much more than just a holding midfielder, with Zubizarreta telling colleagues that the 22-year-old never seems to give the ball away"
:lol!:


Having a great trap is a lot more than just being consistant....


Jibbers is a utd fan though so i guess his opinion must be a bit exaggerated by xavis champions league final performances
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2870
Join date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

Xavi or Zidane? Empty Re: Xavi or Zidane?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum