Abramovich
Lex
41 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Very Impressed with Udinese - Page 4 Empty Re: Very Impressed with Udinese

Post by tsgooner1 Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:20 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
tsgooner1 wrote:We are missing our 3 best players, 1 got sold, 2 defenders just got injured. We dont even have our manager. No wonder we got dominated in the second half........

And Udinese sold their 3 best players, 3 got sold, 1 defender got injured.

Stop making excuses, Arsenal were toothless against a side that finished 16th two seasons ago.

I dont have any Idea what something that happened 2 seasons ago has anything to do with this but okay. Anyways, who still won, ok, both teams were missing there ebst players, but we adapted better to the situation and got the win by defending well.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:21 pm

can arsenal ever go right according to you guys? If we were to be put into this situation last year, and failed to salvage the 3 points... what would you guys have said? Arsenal can never sit out a win! Udinese were great, yet we still won..... i thought this was what we lacked last year no? come on make up your mind!
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:22 pm

Walcott has done enough in his career to prove every doubter wrong, but people never seem to see it because he isn't a flashy winger.
He showed up in many (big) games, improved his off-the-ball runs considerably, improved his finishing by miles, improved his crossing and his statistics. He beat his man regularly during today's match, ran tirelessly along with Gervinho. What more does he have to do? He scored the only goal in the match, but thats still sh!t and not good enough. He's definitely Arsenal quality, but to use him fully then he needs support from midfield. He isn't a one-man show, and maybe that is his downfall, but it doesn't take away from his quality by any means.

Today, Walcott had no support from midfield and that is a hard cold fact that we Arsenal fans need to face. The midfield was atrocious; they had no chemistry.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:22 pm

And to those of you talking shit about Udinese, saying how they should not have caused us all that trouble.... Are you telling me that they beat out the likes of Juve and ROma,JUST because of just those 3 players?

Last edited by Arsenalfaithfull on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:23 pm

Kirnar is all wise and his sarcasm tops all of our football knowledge.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:24 pm

Iceman wrote:Walcott has done enough in his career to prove every doubter wrong, but people never seem to see it because he isn't a flashy winger.
He showed up in many (big) games, improved his off-the-ball runs considerably, improved his finishing by miles, improved his crossing and his statistics. He beat his man regularly during today's match, ran tirelessly along with Gervinho. What more does he have to do? He scored the only goal in the match, but thats still sh!t and not good enough. He's definitely Arsenal quality, but to use him fully then he needs support from midfield. He isn't a one-man show, and maybe that is his downfall, but it doesn't take away from his quality by any means.

Today, Walcott had no support from midfield and that is a hard cold fact that we Arsenal fans need to face. The midfield was atrocious; they had no chemistry.

I can't believe how much this point and brought up but some donkeys still fail to see it. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:can arsenal ever go right according to you guys? If we were to be put into this situation last year, and failed to salvage the 3 points... what would you guys have said? Arsenal can never sit out a win! Udinese were great, yet we still won..... i thought this was what we lacked last year no? come on make up your mind!

Exactly, either they say, we cant hold on to leads and defend games out, or they say we are toothless when we do....

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:25 pm

RealGunner wrote:ehm because thats a normal chant in england?

Sung at a team who is clearly poorer on the night and has been embarrased by its opposition, no? Stop trying to defend them.... Anyways, everyone knows English fans are among the worst in Europe. Buy a shirt and pie and sit down fans....

Lex wrote:They had time to prepare for all of that, our bullsh*it started unfolding last week and continued throughout the game. On-the-spot improvisation

Oh noooo Sad

imalegend wrote:we had RVP Missing, Wilshere Missing, Wenger Missing, Nasri Missing, Sold Cesc, Sold Eboue, Sold Clichy, got two Players Gibbs and Djourou injured......had two players play their CL debuts who are under 20..one making Arsenal Debut...

Do you realize you are playing against a team who generate less than one 20th of your matchday revenue? Playing against a team who battle with relegation every few year? Playing against a team who sold players to them amount of almost a full years revenue?

Lol at Arsenal fans acting like a 1-0 is a respectable result, you beat Udinese, not Milan or Inter...
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Iceman wrote:Walcott has done enough in his career to prove every doubter wrong, but people never seem to see it because he isn't a flashy winger.

Walcott has failed to impress when Fabregas, RVP and Nasri were all playing.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Art Morte wrote:So much for Serie A fans cursing Udinese to the depths of hell for embarassing Italian football then...

Just Imagine if Udinese still had Zapata ,Sanchez and Inler..

Anyways we Serie A fans were skeptical about Udinese's chances in the champions league because they dint actually sign like for like replacements instead they signed up a few unknown quantities from lower leagues on cheap..

But these unknown quantities turned out be a surprise package honestly..Neuton and Ekstrand in defense were quite impressive today ,And badu another relatively unknown name in midfield was quite efficient although i have to say Udinese lacked the cutting edge on the day..

Props to the Udinese scouts..They manage to discover some amazing talents..

That's what Udinese have been always doing, scouting for unknown players, developing them and selling forward. Udinese's success-to-revenue ratio is brilliant. Yet Serie A fans wanted Udinese to throw their long-lasting and fine strategy out of the window. I found it very disappointing and short-sighted. Sometimes the people who work at these clubs actually know better.

Yes i absolutely agree with you..

But just analyze the present scenario of Serie A..We are in dire need of co-efficient points..

And i dont think we are gonna catchup with bundesliga soon especially when we have teams like Udinese who would impress one an all with their brand of football but the chances of succeeding in a tournament like champions league i would say would be relatively low compared to suppose we had sides like Roma Or Juventus for Example..

They sure impressed today but did they fall short of the result ?YES..

And ultimately that is what matters for Serie A now in terms of co-efficient points..

I understand that point of view, I would probably, too, be desperate for co-efficient points if I were a Serie A fan. But in reality that is a longer project than one season or two seasons, I think.

I just found it very unfair towards Udinese that they were so heavily criticized by Serie A people for merely doing their job and doing what's best for their club. Plus they still stand a fine chance of kicking Arsenal out of the CL and claiming a group stage place themselves.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:26 pm

ali8775 wrote:Kirnar is all wise and his sarcasm tops all of our football knowledge.

All you ever do is shoot from over your gunner brothers shoulders. Do you have anything to add apart from crap?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:27 pm

tsgooner1 wrote:I dont have any Idea what something that happened 2 seasons ago has anything to do with this but okay. Anyways, who still won, ok, both teams were missing there ebst players, but we adapted better to the situation and got the win by defending well.

What happened two years ago shows that they are a small club. A small club that lost its three best players. A club whose highest paid players earns about as much at the 10th or 15th highest earner at Arsenal.

Defended well? So many defensive errors throughout... lucky WS was so good on the night or you would be pretty red faced right now...
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:28 pm

LOL now u are bringing up the Gnglish fans into this ....i see where this is heading. Buy a pie and a shirt is it? We have not won shit all for the last 6 years and still have loyal supporting fans ...and have the highest attendance rate in europe (top 5) while having one of the most expencive tickets....
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

Sung at a team who is clearly poorer on the night and has been embarrased by its opposition, no? Stop trying to defend them.... Anyways, everyone knows English fans are among the worst in Europe. Buy a shirt and pie and sit down fans....

Lex wrote:They had time to prepare for all of that, our bullsh*it started unfolding last week and continued throughout the game. On-the-spot improvisation

Oh noooo Sad

imalegend wrote:we had RVP Missing, Wilshere Missing, Wenger Missing, Nasri Missing, Sold Cesc, Sold Eboue, Sold Clichy, got two Players Gibbs and Djourou injured......had two players play their CL debuts who are under 20..one making Arsenal Debut...

Do you realize you are playing against a team who generate less than one 20th of your matchday revenue? Playing against a team who battle with relegation every few year? Playing against a team who sold players to them amount of almost a full years revenue?

Lol at Arsenal fans acting like a 1-0 is a respectable result, you beat Udinese, not Milan or Inter...

we have already beat milan and inter so now we have beat udinase nothing wrong with that Razz Razz but yeah i agree this is not a respectable result....we didnt play well at all.

Last edited by RedEyesWhiteBeard on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:30 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:Oh noooo Sad
Yeah ok, ignore the fact that we were worse off than Udinese and just pretend they barely lost to a full strength Arsenal side if it helps you sleep an extra 20 minutes at night Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:30 pm

i suppose we should have cheered for the Udinese players to score Rolling Eyes
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Udinese is a great team, Guidolin is an absolute boss

That crazy mofo knows how to coach

Selling Zapata, Sanchez, Inler is no excuse for Udine losing...selling their best players is a part of their identity

Combined they spent 5mil on those players....Sold for 95 mil with incentives...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:32 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:

Oh noooo Sad

we have already beat milan and inter so now we have beat udinase nothing wrong with that Razz Razz but yeah i agree this is not a respectable result....we didnt play well at all.

uhoh now uve done it ... be ready to defend yourself against a tsunami lol
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:33 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
tsgooner1 wrote:I dont have any Idea what something that happened 2 seasons ago has anything to do with this but okay. Anyways, who still won, ok, both teams were missing there ebst players, but we adapted better to the situation and got the win by defending well.

What happened two years ago shows that they are a small club. A small club that lost its three best players. A club whose highest paid players earns about as much at the 10th or 15th highest earner at Arsenal.

Defended well? So many defensive errors throughout... lucky WS was so good on the night or you would be pretty red faced right now...

But the thing is, any team when they lose there ebst players are gonna look toothless. I agree udinesee lost key players as well, but tbh it was a v ery scrappy match with udinese getting the tip from better play. But you cant say our back 4 didnt do well, considering they get no help from midfield besides song, they have kept 2 clean sheets in 2 games so far.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:34 pm

kiranr wrote:

Kiranr, please don't make you call you ignorant man. That point is so wrong, I don't even know where to begin.

Walcott-RVP was the second best partnership in the EPL last season IIRC. (Partnership as in Walcott assisted RVP and vice-versa ). Even if thats not true (because I'm honestly not sure...I have horrible memory), Walcott assisted RVP more than anyone else in our team did.
His tally of assists+goals surpasses Nasri's even though Walcott managed that tally in less games than Nasri.

He didn't fail to impress. In fact, he scored his first hattrick for Arsenal at the start of last season. There's a reason why all gooners would fight till the death for Walcott's reputation, and its not because we overrate him.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:36 pm

bhends wrote:Udinese is a great team, Guidolin is an absolute boss

Selling Zapata, Sanchez, Inler is no excuse for Udine losing...selling their best players is a part of their identity

They'd use all the money to renovate their stadium perhaps..Probably you can say they are building themselves towards a bright future atleast in terms of generating financial revenue ...

In reality they would always be considered a selling club rather than keeping their best players and putting together a strong side in Serie A to challenge Italy's elite..

Would have been nice to see an extra competitor in Serie A

Napoli are doing that at the moment ..They have a squad capable of challenging Milan and Inter..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:39 pm

Lex wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:Oh noooo Sad
Yeah ok, ignore the fact that we were worse off than Udinese and just pretend they barely lost to a full strength Arsenal side if it helps you sleep an extra 20 minutes at night Rolling Eyes

Haha this is too funny. Arsenal worse off than Udinese? Do you realize who you are playing against? Udinese are dwarves. They earn so little revenue that Deloitte don't even publish them in their football financial analysis they do each year and they are playing against a team who are the kings of revenue. Udinese survive by bringing in talent from all over the world and then selling them to earn enough revenue to survive. And you think a club like this is better off than Arsenal?

Arsenal's wage bill alone is higher than Udinese's revenue, much, much higher. Yet you still maintain that Arsenal were better off?
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:40 pm

Iceman wrote:
kiranr wrote:

Kiranr, please don't make you call you ignorant man. That point is so wrong, I don't even know where to begin.

Walcott-RVP was the second best partnership in the EPL last season IIRC. (Partnership as in Walcott assisted RVP and vice-versa ). Even if thats not true (because I'm honestly not sure...I have horrible memory), Walcott assisted RVP more than anyone else in our team did.
His tally of assists+goals surpasses Nasri's even though Walcott managed that tally in less games than Nasri.

He didn't fail to impress. In fact, he scored his first hattrick for Arsenal at the start of last season. There's a reason why all gooners would fight till the death for Walcott's reputation, and its not because we overrate him.

All right. I will hold my thoughts and continue watching him.

But i was very frustrated with him this match. I remember one counter-attack specifically where he was one on one with his man. The defender was covering his inside and giving space on the outside and this was way outside the D-top. Walcott gave a useless cross which went way over everyone.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:41 pm

I was talking about the game, not finances and profit.......
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:43 pm

bhends wrote:Udinese is a great team, Guidolin is an absolute boss

Agree with Guidolin praise. He was the one that put Sanchez as a treq. where he played his best football, he is the one who brought out the best of Isla and Di Natale, he is the one who decided to trust Armero and Asamoah, he is the one who got them playing this beautiful football. Hats off to him.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:44 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:uhoh now uve done it ... be ready to defend yourself against a tsunami lol

Tsunami? Nah, what he said was fine? He admitted it was a poor performance and result, just what I've been saying.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next