Ganso
Abramovich
Lex
41 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Very Impressed with Udinese - Page 6 Empty Re: Very Impressed with Udinese

Post by Iceman Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:26 am

Lex gets rep points for having witty/funny replies lol.

Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:30 am

I'm sure you'll still get wankers like Ian Darke and the numerous hacks in the press claiming Arsenal need a GK even after Szczesny's amazing performance tonight.

Top keeper even if he is a bit of a gobshite.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:32 am

lol, Gil just got bleeped by the Goallegacy forum haha.

I have complete faith in Szczesny now. Not the first match where he saves us either.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:35 am

I'v been saying Szczesny is a freaking great goalkeeper despite having a name that is stupidly hard to spell
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:35 am

Pretty entertaining all the people taking cheap shots at Arsenal.
Especially from a Milan fan makes it that much better.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:40 am

Devil-Is-Red wrote:OT- Who is the groupie who keeps giving Lex rep points for every post he makes?

Lex = Hero
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:02 am

Well it was always going to be close.

Arsenal, weakened though they were, did the business. A goal is a goal and a win is a win.

Udinese had so many good chances and they didn't take them. Arsenal had an equal amount of chances and they too one. This is what counts in football, especially cup football.

However, Arsenal are gonna find the going tough at the Friuli. It's not an easy place to play at all. Udinese have put some great teams to the sword in their own backyard (the 3-1 demolition of Inter comes to mind). Combine this with the fact that Arsenal have been pretty poor away from the Emirates in the CL in recent times and things look precarious for them.

I said it earlier today though, the game at the Friuli is what's gonna decide this tie. I expect it to be just as close as this game was. Neither team is gonna blow each other out of the water, regardless who comes back into the team.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:28 am

Well I'll ignore the earlier posts and give my own opinion.

I was rooting for Arsenal here as and expected them to destroy the Friuli as although they won, there is more to the story.

When both teams came through the tunnel I knew the atmosphere of the Emirates on a european night would put a scare into Udinese (as although the 1300 Udine fans overshadowed the gooners quite a lot). And it did.

Arsenal through Sagna's decisive chip over the full back, Ramsey's free run and Theo's easy finish made it seem like a routine win for the Gunners as Udinese looked frightened and nerves got the better of them.

Then came after the goal when Udinese found there feet and became galvanized by their support as they continued to create chances and dominate. Arsenal fans may say possession was in their favor, but does it not depend where you possess it as Arsenal possessed the ball mostly in the byline whereas Udinese were superior in possession in the final 3rd of the pitch.

Arsenal had the first goal and the 2nd chance was Walcott's shot which Handanovic made a mind blowing save. Yet other then that, Chamakh was invisible, Ramsey was great but failed to link up with Rosicky who seems to be out of form. Sagna was great in attack yet was uncharacteristically lacking in defense, Gibbs was awful, and Vermaelen showed why he is a versatile leader in the back as he has improved his positioning which was his weak point last year. Not really anything else to mention except that Walcott, when galvanized and in confidence, tends to be a constant thorn on the opposer's side with his pace, movement and improved skill. Gervinho can dribble and shoot well but is poor in passing and crossing as well as the decision making, although this can be forgiven for his lack of chemistry with his team mates. Simply put, Arsenal need more runs in the midfield as Wilshere continues to be sorely missed with his box-to-box presence and tenacity. Point to note, the flying finn Jenkinson is simply better then Gibbs as although he was nervous and his positioning was off, he showed great intelligence to subdue an otherwise tired Di Natale and powerful Udine midfield. One for the future.

I was absolutely amazed how well Udinese played as they controlled the midfield, kept a solid backline (Guidolin changed the positioning after the first goal) and made some great plays up front. This is all considering Zapata (their best defender), Inler (the heart and soul of their midfield) and Sanchez (the creative spark and star of the team) all were sold.

Not surprised as the Udine are like Arsenal (in reference to the players lost) as they play as a cohesive unit, sort of like a Hydra cell, who loses its tentacles and grows another back to take its place.

Di Natales' superb attempts at free kicks as one hit the cross bar, another saved superbly by Szczesny. The magic combination of silk and steel of the midfield and the superb link-up between the FBs and the front flank.

I think people are overrating Asamoah and Armero's performances as although they were effective in their respective sides, both were wasteful as Asamoah's lacking technique showed and Armero with his daft decision to opt for power shots rather then finesse as they failed to link up during the open chances and went for individualism.

The FBs/WBs here were the real stars as Isla and new signing Neuton were superb in their link up with Di Natale and the rest as they were the catalyst to the chances created.

Di Natale was great yet only disappointed in the aspect of workrate, as he had could have been more effective if he wasn't so lazy at times to anticipate and work towars oncoming chances as this is surprising from the otherwise leading-by example leader.

All-in-all Udinese were clearly were the better team but Arsenal showed great character in the win as it is unusual that they can hold off a lead for so long and one against a superb attacking team.

Both teams were weakened in a short span of time as Arsenal without Fab, Nasri, Wilshere and RVP and Udinese without Sanchez, Inler, Zapata and Floro Flores.

Arsenal should have gotten a better result against Udinese as this was a team who is recovering from their lost stars and did not really replace them with players of equal level as they also had this chance due to Udinese's fitness levels considering their season has not started.

Playing at the Friuli will be though as although RVP, Nasri and Wilshere will be back, I'm expecting Guidolin to anticipate this fact and make it tough for Arsenal.

In the end, the 2nd leg will be tough, but Arsenal will go through.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:31 am

Chamakh was absolute trash
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:34 am

Arsenal will probably just squeeze past Udinese like they did with Roma a few years ago.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:43 am

Don't you ever speak badly of Ian Darke again :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:22 am

mzamani wrote:All this from someone who supports a team that couldnt not fluke a win against Udinese last season, let alone make a clean sheet? and here you are telling us how our defence was crap? the fact this team is here instead of Roma and Juve says something doesnt it?

Bringing up irrelevant and insultive points? Classy.

ali8775 wrote:ffs Brigates argument is so freaking retarded I don't even know if it's worth answering... like profit and revenue makes you the team you are, we had no cash to spend for 4 years I don't see you placing that in our favor

Calling me a retard now? Woooow only gets classier. All I'm saying is you beat a team that requires to sell players to survive. You didn't buy anyone for four years ok, but imagine how it would be if you had to sell one or two (or this season three) of your best players each yeah....

Emaharg wrote:Pretty entertaining all the people taking cheap shots at Arsenal.

Someone's jealous of our European trophies :coffee:

Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:52 am

I still thought that Udinese would remain competitive in Serie A, even if not initially, due to their extensive co-ownership list of talents being able to steady the team once they settled down in January, however they did surprise me today, even if Arsenal were weakened.

I still have one major problem with them and that is their ability to take their chances and it's particularly pertinent over the course of a season. I'm not simply talking about the chances they missed today, however over the course of a season I believe that Di Natale is going to need more support from a more natural goalscorer, even if it is only someone whose positioning will tend to disrupt the shape of the backline. Not that he can't do the job, however Di Natale risks becoming isolated at the head of Udinese's formation. It's not simply the loss of Sanchez, Udinese have had strikers such as Iaquinta and Quagliarella stationed next to Toto for years, whilst even though Floro Flores has only shown his talent in his loan to Genoa his movement is still pertinent to my point. Udinese have great wingers currently, however Di Natale still looks very lonely in my eyes.

Udinese were impressive today, however they need to fit Floro Flores into that line-up without losing their defensive stability, whilst also getting the best out of him and getting him back to his form with Genoa, otherwise all they've given is a very positive performance that doesn't show they can attack their priority of the league. I don't see Barreto becoming a part of the line-up though he'll probably be a useful squad player, whilst Denis probably couldn't make a 60 second highlights reel if he tried.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:05 am

dostoevsky wrote:I still thought that Udinese would remain competitive in Serie A, even if not initially, due to their extensive co-ownership list of talents being able to steady the team once they settled down in January, however they did surprise me today, even if Arsenal were weakened.

I still have one major problem with them and that is their ability to take their chances and it's particularly pertinent over the course of a season. I'm not simply talking about the chances they missed today, however over the course of a season I believe that Di Natale is going to need more support from a more natural goalscorer, even if it is only someone whose positioning will tend to disrupt the shape of the backline. Not that he can't do the job, however Di Natale risks becoming isolated at the head of Udinese's formation. It's not simply the loss of Sanchez, Udinese have had strikers such as Iaquinta and Quagliarella stationed next to Toto for years, whilst even though Floro Flores has only shown his talent in his loan to Genoa his movement is still pertinent to my point. Udinese have great wingers currently, however Di Natale still looks very lonely in my eyes.

Udinese were impressive today, however they need to fit Floro Flores into that line-up without losing their defensive stability, whilst also getting the best out of him and getting him back to his form with Genoa, otherwise all they've given is a very positive performance that doesn't show they can attack their priority of the league. I don't see Barreto becoming a part of the line-up though he'll probably be a useful squad player, whilst Denis probably couldn't make a 60 second highlights reel if he tried.

Excellent points here Dosto.

Its always been clear that Toto needs a partner with him as Sanchez was his partner in crime as their link up play was suited to Di Natale's style of play as he simply is to diminutive and technical to be playing a 9 role as D'agostino leaving also left a midfield gap without his excellent passing skill.

The answer?

Diego Fabrini. One of the young upcoming talents of Italia and has shown great promise with his vision, passing and all round technique.

Guidolin should have subbed him on as it would have been a great test for him.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:36 am

arsenal have it in the bag now.. there is absolutely no way they will concede this lead.. 1-0 first leg is one of the most damning scorelines for the second leg for the team which is behind thanks to the away goals rule
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:40 am

diptiman wrote:arsenal have it in the bag now.. there is absolutely no way they will concede this lead.. 1-0 first leg is one of the most damning scorelines for the second leg for the team which is behind thanks to the away goals rule

The first leg was at the Emirates..
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:03 am

Arsenal will win the second leg too, I don't see them losing now, they played without two of their best players ATM(Wilshere and RVP) and just had to deal with the fact that Cesc left them (their previous best player) and Nasri wanting to leave, that demotivates your squad in a way.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:27 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
mzamani wrote:All this from someone who supports a team that couldnt not fluke a win against Udinese last season, let alone make a clean sheet? and here you are telling us how our defence was crap? the fact this team is here instead of Roma and Juve says something doesnt it?

Bringing up irrelevant and insultive points? Classy.

ali8775 wrote:ffs Brigates argument is so freaking retarded I don't even know if it's worth answering... like profit and revenue makes you the team you are, we had no cash to spend for 4 years I don't see you placing that in our favor

Calling me a retard now? Woooow only gets classier. All I'm saying is you beat a team that requires to sell players to survive. You didn't buy anyone for four years ok, but imagine how it would be if you had to sell one or two (or this season three) of your best players each yeah....

Emaharg wrote:Pretty entertaining all the people taking cheap shots at Arsenal.

Someone's jealous of our European trophies :coffee:

You ignore every decent post and reply to the points in a very juvenile way. Its almost pointless to argue with you.

You say "imagine what its like to sell one or two of your best players each year" to an Arsenal fan? Are you kidding me?
What happened to Vieira? Henry? Fabregas? Clichy? Adebayor (He was our second best player that season)? Kolo Toure? William Gallas? Hleb? Flamini?
They all left at a time where they were part of the first team and were some of our best players. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a couple of players too..

Please don't talk to Arsenal fans about losing key players year after year because that is the reason we're in this mess to begin. Sometimes your ignorance really kills me. Don't talk about something if you don't know enough to make a proper judgment.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:18 pm

im sorry but all these excuses from arsenal fans saying udine were at full strength is a stretch isnt it their first game all season? not to mention with a new formation and players that havent played with each other before arsenal were extremely lucky not to lose or draw today i expect udine to bend them over at home.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6