Ganso
Abramovich
Lex
41 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Very Impressed with Udinese - Page 5 Empty Re: Very Impressed with Udinese

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:44 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:uhoh now uve done it ... be ready to defend yourself against a tsunami lol

Tsunami? Nah, what he said was fine? He admitted it was a poor performance and result, just what I've been saying.

Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Lex wrote:I was talking about the game, not finances and profit.......

So just ignore what you cannot counter?
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:47 pm

What the hell are you talking about? I try to discuss the strength of both teams on the pitch tonight, you go off on your own little hissy fit about profit and how Udinese can't afford to buy a pack of sherbet lemon
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
tsgooner1 wrote:I dont have any Idea what something that happened 2 seasons ago has anything to do with this but okay. Anyways, who still won, ok, both teams were missing there ebst players, but we adapted better to the situation and got the win by defending well.

What happened two years ago shows that they are a small club. A small club that lost its three best players. A club whose highest paid players earns about as much at the 10th or 15th highest earner at Arsenal.

Defended well? So many defensive errors throughout... lucky WS was so good on the night or you would be pretty red faced right now...

WS is part of our defense; its not a separate unit. We made many last ditch tackles and required a couple of brilliant saves but this is what defending is all about. Even when Inter own their treble, they had to rely quite a bit on JC to win some of their matches (Most notably against Barcelona).

Why are you trying to belittle Udinese to make this win so bad for Arsenal? We did what had to be done; no more, no less.
United BARELY beat a Blackpool team that eventually got relegated; yet, their squad was hailed as one of the best. This was during midseason and this was their squad all set in stone whilst Arsenal are still going to make a couple of signings. Are you saying that United were sh!t last season because they barely beat Blackpool? No, thats not true. United did what they had to do and beat the team that was in front of them. That is what Arsenal did today, we beat the team that was put in front of us.

Our defense was great, considering that we had to change the line-up twice during the match. All our 3 substitutions were forced because of injury, we were playing without our Nasri/Cesc AND without their replacements either. We didn't have Wilshere, Wenger or RVP either. We still won the match, and none of us are complaining. We didn't lose, we didn't draw...we won the match. Check the results again, we won and that is all that matters in football these days.

What is this rubbish about our defense being bad? Vermaelen and Koscielny made interceptions, many tackles and limited Udinese to only 2 clear chances other than their silly attempts at shooting from afar. Those clear chances were dealt with by our goalkeeper and our defenders, because that is their job. A GK is there for a reason...he's not just there to watch the match.
How many chances did Udinese make from corners or crosses? None that are noteworthy. That is an improved area in the squad, and we are allowed to be proud of that.

I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why you're trying to belittle our win? We did the job; came out with a goal and a clean sheet. We weren't good, but we came out with a win. When United do so, its a "sign of champions" but when we do it, then the other team was "so much better" and "didn't deserve to lose".
Blackpool got relegated and God knows how shitty their profit margin is, but they almost beat United. Keyword: Almost. They didn't and thats what matters. Nobody uttered a word against United or their players, but here we are taking sh!t for absolutely no reason.

I'm getting so sick of this crap. There's never pleasing you people.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:50 pm

Udinese scouts deserve a lot of praise as well..

Remember his tenure at Parma..Dint go really well as the table suggests..

But the thing is Udinese have players with a lot of potential and Guidolin is doing a really good job of nurturing their development..

Not to forget the brilliant tactical changes he brought out last season which changed Udinese's course and ambitions of the season..

And Di Natale was a beast even before Giudolin signed up for udinese..

You cant say that he got the best out of him..

He's been consistently superb for a number of seasons..Most underrated player in the world..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:51 pm

Lex wrote:and how Udinese can't afford to buy a pack of sherbet lemon

Do you see now why it is not right to be pleased to be the worse team on the night against this team?
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:58 pm

Like I said earlier:

Refereeing mistakes aside, the team that ends up winning is the team that deserved to win. Arsenal were the better team because they won.

We actually had more possession than Udinese lol

Again, Udinese already made their signings. Arsenal are still going to replace the players that we sold which is a point that you just keep on avoiding.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:00 pm

Iceman wrote:WS is part of our defense; its not a separate unit. We made many last ditch tackles and required a couple of brilliant saves but this is what defending is all about. Even when Inter own their treble, they had to rely quite a bit on JC to win some of their matches (Most notably against Barcelona).

I don't see how making a few last ditch tackles can justify all the defensive mistake and fragilities you showed on the night...

Iceman wrote: Are you saying that United were sh!t last season because they barely beat Blackpool? No, thats not true. United did what they had to do and beat the team that was in front of them. That is what Arsenal did today, we beat the team that was put in front of us.

I'm not saying Arsenal are shit this season because they barely beat Udinese, I am saying that this is a poor result and a poor performance and I struggle to see how you guys are looking for all the positives sides when there are clearly very little.

Ok you won the game, but this is a two legged time, no?

Iceman wrote: We didn't lose, we didn't draw...we won the match. Check the results again, we won and that is all that matters in football these days.

Like I said, it is a two legged tie, you won the first half. Congratulations. Oh and if winning is all that matters, why is Wenger still coach? Clearly your club has different ambitions / priorities than you do...

Iceman wrote:What is this rubbish about our defense being bad? Vermaelen and Koscielny made interceptions, many tackles and limited Udinese to only 2 clear chances other than their silly attempts at shooting from afar. Those clear chances were dealt with by our goalkeeper and our defenders, because that is their job. A GK is there for a reason...he's not just there to watch the match.

It is not rubbish at all. How many times were the back two caught out of position on a counter attack in the first half alone? How many times did Isla skip easily passed your defenders? How much time did you give Di Natale on the ball? Ok, Udinese "only had two chances". Well, as I recall, Arsenal's first chance of the second half came in the 90th minute....

Iceman wrote:I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why you're trying to belittle our win?

We weren't good,

the other team was "so much better" and "didn't deserve to lose".

I think you answered your own question.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:03 pm

Iceman wrote:Like I said earlier:

Refereeing mistakes aside, the team that ends up winning is the team that deserved to win. Arsenal were the better team because they won.

Again, Udinese already made their signings. Arsenal are still going to replace the players that we sold which is a point that you just keep on avoiding.

So the team that wins is the better team? I disagree and could bring up 1000 games as proof, but it would be no use....

Arsenal has more possession? That is the first time I have ever heard that.... Sounds so weird coming from an Arsenal fan, an argument I have never heard before...
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:07 pm

All this from someone who supports a team that couldnt not fluke a win against Udinese last season, let alone make a clean sheet? and here you are telling us how our defence was crap? the fact this team is here instead of Roma and Juve says something doesnt it?
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:12 pm

Knockout competition is all about results, not necessarily performance. Udinese did do very well tonight and we were distinctly average - our midfield was over-run and the defence was forced into one too many last ditch tackles and interceptions - but we took a chance when it came while Udinese didn't take theirs.

This is what European football is all about.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Great, you ignored all of that big post and only replied to some of it. Bravo Thumbs up .

Firstly, I didn't answer my own question. I was mocking your approach to the topic, but it seems that it eluded you. To be clear: I AM MOCKING YOUR OPINION ON THE MATTER.

We ALL agreed that the midfield was bad today. This is why we passed the ball to the opposition all too often. The only two clear chances that were created were the misplaced back-pass to Koscielny (Which happens to even the best defensive teams) and that run by Isla. Thats actually it. Isla didn't skip past our defenders as much as you want to make it seem. Udinese were only limited to two actual chances, and they were both dealt with.

To say that there is no positive from the second clean-sheet in a row for a team that has been struggling defensively for 3 years now is stupid.

Wenger is the coach because we actually care about our future? We don't have papa Galliani to spend countless millions on the club and so we have made a club and a team that can sustain itself without any help from a money spending owner. There is nothing wrong with that. We gave up short term success for long term. Even then, we stayed competitive throughout the years.
Plus, taking a dig at Wenger? I really don't need to show you how many trophies he won for the club, do I? The Invincibles /Argument

We all agree that the midfield underperformed, but there's a lot of good in this match. We held on to a lead for 90 minutes, pretty much. We won a match while not dominating, for a change. We showed that we have the determination, the passion, the heart and the ability to defend when we have to.

Again, Udinese have already bought their replacements. Arsenal played without Nasri/Cesc and without their replacements either. In other words, things can ONLY get better from here. You fail to see that, which is also beyond me.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:15 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

So the team that wins is the better team? I disagree and could bring up 1000 games as proof, but it would be no use....

Arsenal has more possession? That is the first time I have ever heard that.... Sounds so weird coming from an Arsenal fan, an argument I have never heard before...

Actually I believe Arsenal did have more possession for long spells of the match, not sure though. At one point I remember the possession being 54%-46% in Arsenal's favor.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:16 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

I disagree with you then. Bring up the 1000 games as proof and I'll bash every single one of them to the ground.
By the "more possession" comment, I meant to illustrate that you were exaggerating how much they "dominated" us (To be clear, once again, since you seem to have a problem understanding sarcasm: I'm using dominating between quotations as a sort of mockery)

Last edited by Iceman on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:32 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Walcott was basically doing everything by himself, since Chamakh was invisible and Gervinho was having an off day.

He also scored the goal with a nice finish. Had a good chance at the end which Handanovic saved (solid keeper, BTW).

But he's still crap? The frak?

Gervinho has like a lot of off days, no? whenever I watchi him basically, he can't produce those famous driblings.

I read that Wenger wasn't there? Was he suspended? Or crying at home for Cesc's departure? Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:35 pm

free_cat wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Walcott was basically doing everything by himself, since Chamakh was invisible and Gervinho was having an off day.

He also scored the goal with a nice finish. Had a good chance at the end which Handanovic saved (solid keeper, BTW).

Gervinho has like a lot of off days, no? whenever I watchi him basically, he can't produce those famous driblings.

I read that Wenger wasn't there? Was he suspended? Or crying at home for Cesc's departure? Very Happy

A lot of off days with only 2 official games played? Give him some time man.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Arsenal won congrats, but Arsenal fans should be worried over their defence, for Arsenals sake they should'nt think their deffence is great, Udinese created more scoring chances than Arsenal, I wont say Arsenal shot them down and knew how to defend; I would say Udinese did'nt take their chances.

Its a very tricky fixture for Arsenal, Udinese are actually a good team and have much less presuure on their shoulders, if they lose they will move to EL and their fans will still be very excited. If they win well heck we all know what it means for them, so it's a win-win situation for them. Unlike Arsenal they are expected to win with a huge margin to be concidered as winners against a very under-rated and motivated team.

Gibbs was awful IMO, Udinese attacked Arsenals' left flank like there is no tommorrow.

The second leg will be interesting to watch, knowing that Udinese will be at home, and Arsenal will have to face Liverpool on Saturday, before traveling to Italy, will Arsenals' young guys be able to hold their legs infront of a very wild crowd?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:43 pm

7amood11 wrote:
free_cat wrote:

A lot of off days with only 2 official games played? Give him some time man.

I count lille's games obviously...
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:45 pm

free_cat wrote:I count lille's games obviously...
Then you clearly cannot count
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:46 pm

His "famous dribbling" created our second real chance of the second half, which Handanovic palmed away.

He's still finding his feet, but the problem today was in midfield.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:48 pm

free_cat wrote:

yes he had a lot of off days if you count Lille games where he was their best player.

And no, he wasn't crying he was spending his time on the touchline because you have a team of wankers and divers that can't do anything without referee interference Laughing

ffs Brigates argument is so freaking retarded I don't even know if it's worth answering... like profit and revenue makes you the team you are, we had no cash to spend for 4 years I don't see you placing that in our favor
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:06 am

If we were an Italian team, we'd be getting the usual "DEFENSE = GOD" or "CATENACCIO > ATTACKING FOOTBALL" sermons we see a lot around here.

We played badly, yes, and grinded out a result. Considering the quality of the team we had out there, I'm satisfied. There are still signings to be had and players to come back from injuries, so no worries. Attack is the easiest thing to fix in Arsenal, considering our philosophy. It's actually great our defense was so tight.

Udinese away will be a tough match, nonetheless.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:15 am

There's the second leg , so maybe they will go through. It'd be nice, for a change. But I don't know/think if they could go as far as Arsenal might at the CL, due to experience(lol?).
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:17 am

Let us be realistic we knew Fab and Sanchez wasn't going to be playing so they really are not a factor.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:22 am

OT- Who is the groupie who keeps giving Lex rep points for every post he makes?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:26 am

Lex gets rep points for having witty/funny replies lol.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next