Ganso
Abramovich
Lex
41 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Very Impressed with Udinese - Page 3 Empty Re: Very Impressed with Udinese

Post by Lex Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:06 pm

kiranr wrote:If it was RVP and Wilshere operating today, instead of Gervinho and Walcott, Arsenal would have won 3-0.

We'll just have to wait for the return leg to find out

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Iceman wrote:Quick question:

What did you guys think of Jenkinson? I thought he was fantastic defensively

Looked very nervous, which is understandable, and was close to making a couple of big mistakes.
Hopefully he's one for the future at Arsenal, but it would be day-dreaming to expect him to be ready to play for Arsenal yet, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:07 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:Udinese played really and deserved atleast a draw. i still want them to go through.

Thats a more accurate statement.
No Wenger, no Wilshere, no RVP and 3 forced substitutions due to injuries yet we still come out victorious
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:07 pm

Seriously, only on this forum can a win be a loss Very Impressed with Udinese - Page 3 Facepalm4
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:08 pm

Lex wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:I think i will never rate Walcott
Unless he scores two and assists another against Swansea, right?

not even if he scores 30 goals next season, lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:08 pm

Lex wrote:
kiranr wrote:If it was RVP and Wilshere operating today, instead of Gervinho and Walcott, Arsenal would have won 3-0.

We'll just have to wait for the return leg to find out

I love RVP and Wilshere. Amazing players....

Walcott is useless!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:09 pm

kiranr wrote:If you Arsenal fans cannot see how he managed to squander some extremely promising counterattacks, you are all such fan boys..

Let me tell you something else. If it was Pires and Ljumberg operating today, instead of Gervinho and Walcott, Arsenal would have won 3-0.

But yeah, Walcott was brilliant today. I am ignorant LOL!
Yeah, and if we had Henry, it would have been 6-0.

What's the point? You're comparing players in their prime already adapted to a system and an extremely good team to Walcott who's a young promising player, Gervinho who's a month old signing and us playing basically our bench.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:09 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Art Morte wrote:So much for Serie A fans cursing Udinese to the depths of hell for embarassing Italian football then...

Just Imagine if Udinese still had Zapata ,Sanchez and Inler..

Anyways we Serie A fans were skeptical about Udinese's chances in the champions league because they dint actually sign like for like replacements instead they signed up a few unknown quantities from lower leagues on cheap..

But these unknown quantities turned out be a surprise package honestly..Neuton and Ekstrand in defense were quite impressive today ,And badu another relatively unknown name in midfield was quite efficient although i have to say Udinese lacked the cutting edge on the day..

Props to the Udinese scouts..They manage to discover some amazing talents..

That's what Udinese have been always doing, scouting for unknown players, developing them and selling forward. Udinese's success-to-revenue ratio is brilliant. Yet Serie A fans wanted Udinese to throw their long-lasting and fine strategy out of the window. I found it very disappointing and short-sighted. Sometimes the people who work at these clubs actually know better.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:09 pm

Art Morte wrote:So much for Serie A fans cursing Udinese to the depths of hell for embarassing Italian football then...

This just showed to the world the depth of a club that no-one thought they had. The likes of Armero and Isla, Di Natale and Pinzi were simply brilliant. Arsenal fans singing "who are ya" at the end of the game disgusted me to no ends. Who the frak do they think they are? They just got outplayed by a team playing their first ever UCL match.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:09 pm

I don't think Ill ever rate Bosingwa...even he gets top scorer and Chelsea don't score a single goal in the league with him starting every game.

and not for footballing reasons, I've hated that absolute scum piece of shit after his karate move on Benayoun 2.5 years ago. Justice came and he got a 1.5 season injury

The frakking *bleep* can die tonight,,,,horrible piece of horseshit

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:10 pm

kiranr wrote:

I agree with this, but i cannot help notice that anytime a fan says this, it means his team was not playing really well!

I don't think there's a set definition for "playing well". There shouldn't be anyway. Its a subjective thing.
We Arsenal fans learned this the hard way. You don't "deserve" to win if you didn't actually win. Be it a huge defensive mistake, lack of sharpness, bad finishing, bad goalkeeping...whatever it is that "stopped" you from winning is the reason you lost, and you deservedly lost because of that. That is what I learned from the past 5 years of playing "amazing" football but not winning.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:11 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
kiranr wrote:If you Arsenal fans cannot see how he managed to squander some extremely promising counterattacks, you are all such fan boys..

Let me tell you something else. If it was Pires and Ljumberg operating today, instead of Gervinho and Walcott, Arsenal would have won 3-0.

Yeah, and if we had Henry, it would have been 6-0.

What's the point? You're comparing players in their prime already adapted to a system and an extremely good team to Walcott who's a young promising player, Gervinho who's a month old signing and us playing basically our bench.

How long will he be a promising young player lol?

Fabregas once compared him to Messi..... Shocked

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:12 pm

tsgooner1 wrote:We are missing our 3 best players, 1 got sold, 2 defenders just got injured. We dont even have our manager. No wonder we got dominated in the second half........

And Udinese sold their 3 best players, 3 got sold, 1 defender got injured.

Stop making excuses, Arsenal were toothless against a side that finished 16th two seasons ago.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:12 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

This just showed to the world the depth of a club that no-one thought they had. The likes of Armero and Isla, Di Natale and Pinzi were simply brilliant. Arsenal fans singing "who are ya" at the end of the game disgusted me to no ends. Who the frak do they think they are? They just got outplayed by a team playing their first ever UCL match.

ehm because thats a normal chant in england?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:12 pm

che wrote:walcott and gervinho spotted leaving the stadium on a moped

Very Impressed with Udinese - Page 3 Dumb+2
I lol'd
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:12 pm

Iceman wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:Udinese played really and deserved atleast a draw. i still want them to go through.

Thats a more accurate statement.
No Wenger, no Wilshere, no RVP and 3 forced substitutions due to injuries yet we still come out victorious

They created some good chances away from home, they just didn't have the quality to finish them off. I think at home they will be very strong, that's why I think they will just edge the 2nd leg.

We will see though.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:13 pm

Simply not true. The problem with our attack today is that there was no cohesion.

Our front three rarely ever clicked. They only clicked during that final attack where Walcott's finish was brilliantly parried away by the Udinese goalkeeper.
The chemistry between Rosicky and Ramsey is non-existent whilst Song has no understanding with either of them.
Fact is, the players that led most of our charges today were Walcott and Gervinho, and they mostly did that on their own because there was just no chemistry with the rest of the squad.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Arsenal have the advantage now. When RVP and Wilshere come back, they will win the match comfortably IMO...
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:And Udinese sold their 3 best players, 3 got sold, 1 defender got injured
They had time to prepare for all of that, our bullsh*it started unfolding last week and continued throughout the game. On-the-spot improvisation
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
tsgooner1 wrote:We are missing our 3 best players, 1 got sold, 2 defenders just got injured. We dont even have our manager. No wonder we got dominated in the second half........

Stop making excuses, Arsenal were toothless against a side that finished 16th two seasons ago.

we had RVP Missing, Wilshere Missing, Wenger Missing, Nasri Missing, Sold Cesc, Sold Eboue, Sold Clichy, got two Players Gibbs and Djourou injured......had two players play their CL debuts who are under 20..one making Arsenal Debut...
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:16 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

Udinese sold their 3 best players and got replacements. They were at their full strength.

We just sold our best player yesterday. Our 2nd best player was suspended. Our 3rd best player was suspended. Our 4th best player was injured.

Not to mention We had to play 3 19 year olds.

And toothless? remind me the score please ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Iceman wrote:

Simply not true. The problem with our attack today is that there was no cohesion.

Our front three rarely ever clicked. They only clicked during that final attack where Walcott's finish was brilliantly parried away by the Udinese goalkeeper.
The chemistry between Rosicky and Ramsey is non-existent whilst Song has no understanding with either of them.
Fact is, the players that led most of our charges today were Walcott and Gervinho, and they mostly did that on their own because there was just no chemistry with the rest of the squad.

No, they did that because they operated on the wings, whereas Song, Rosicky and Ramsey have an unforgiving job of creating from the centre.

Walcott is not useless, i guess i was exaggerating, but he is not an Arsenal level player!

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

Where was City two seasons ago? That point is stupid, and you know it.

I don't agree with tsgooner, but your argument made no sense to me either.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:

Just Imagine if Udinese still had Zapata ,Sanchez and Inler..

Anyways we Serie A fans were skeptical about Udinese's chances in the champions league because they dint actually sign like for like replacements instead they signed up a few unknown quantities from lower leagues on cheap..

But these unknown quantities turned out be a surprise package honestly..Neuton and Ekstrand in defense were quite impressive today ,And badu another relatively unknown name in midfield was quite efficient although i have to say Udinese lacked the cutting edge on the day..

Props to the Udinese scouts..They manage to discover some amazing talents..

That's what Udinese have been always doing, scouting for unknown players, developing them and selling forward. Udinese's success-to-revenue ratio is brilliant. Yet Serie A fans wanted Udinese to throw their long-lasting and fine strategy out of the window. I found it very disappointing and short-sighted. Sometimes the people who work at these clubs actually know better.

Yes i absolutely agree with you..

But just analyze the present scenario of Serie A..We are in dire need of co-efficient points..

And i dont think we are gonna catchup with bundesliga soon especially when we have teams like Udinese who would impress one an all with their brand of football but the chances of succeeding in a tournament like champions league i would say would be relatively low compared to suppose we had sides like Roma Or Juventus for Example..

They sure impressed today but did they fall short of the result ?YES..

And ultimately that is what matters for Serie A now in terms of co-efficient points..

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:18 pm

I would've loved to see Chaimberlain come on and have Walcott move solely in the centre

But alas, Gibbs is made of candy floss.....
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

I dont have any Idea what something that happened 2 seasons ago has anything to do with this but okay. Anyways, who still won, ok, both teams were missing there ebst players, but we adapted better to the situation and got the win by defending well.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next